Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Carl on Duty: Black Cops - Holy crap a patch

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:41 AM #26 of 56
I assume everybody here has the 360 version, because the PC version that I got is a load of shit compared to MW2. Part of that opinion might be from me being bitter that my computer can't run it well, but some of the gameplay changes threw me.

Maybe it's the lag that's killing me, but the M16 was my gun of choice in MW2 and from what I've used of it so far, it's got nowhere near the power it did in the old game. I've also noticed that assault rifles are pretty much the only gun worth using because every other gun has ridiculous recoil.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:45 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2010, 10:45 PM #27 of 56
i dont know where to post this but
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413950
is dat true? That the $10 raise was to pay activison?

no homo
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:21 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2010, 11:21 PM 1 #28 of 56
i dont know where to post this but
Activision directly responsible for $10 XBL price hike? - NeoGAF
is dat true? That the $10 raise was to pay activison?
The price hike was because they've never put up the price since Live was launched however many years ago that was. There's a lot of "probably" in that article and if anything it highlights the hilarious change of tack from wanting to charge a subscription to saying there's no way they'd ever charge one (Obviously realising that all the COD players would just play something else if they tried charging for the pleasure).

I wouldn't believe too many crazy internet conspiracy theories if I were you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:44 PM #29 of 56
That thread is speculation, but in all honesty there's probably at least some partial truth to that; the fact that MS is apparently paying out any amount of money to Activision I'm sure contributes, but I agree with Shin that it was probably at least largely driven by the fact that the price on the service hasn't changed in 6 years.

Also holy fucking shit, we just had a 31 game winning streak, absolute madness.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:17 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 01:17 AM #30 of 56
Yo dawg, I heard you like dogs so I put a dog in yo dawg so you can woof while you woof

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:27 AM #31 of 56
TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN DARAVON

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Shake Appeal
Chocobo

Member 35708

Level 9.30

May 2010

Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:00 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 03:00 PM #32 of 56
Can see now why u play this instead of Halo...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:30 PM #33 of 56
You mean because 99% of my friends list is playing this instead of Halo now? Yeah, you're right.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:23 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 11:23 PM #34 of 56
i wish i had nerd friends. i dont know anyone that plays xbox like that

no homo
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:27 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 01:27 PM 1 #35 of 56
I have a PS3.

foreveralone.jpg

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:34 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 03:34 PM #36 of 56
TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN DARAVON
holy christ you can get out of your chair

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:02 PM #37 of 56
I tried to get out of the chair but it was too laggy and after the host migration I was back in the chair

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:44 PM #38 of 56
You guys didn't tell me there was a computer you could use once you get out of the chair.

#654: Braixen
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:22 AM #39 of 56
Actually I did tell you that, but you were probably too busy having your mind blown that you could get out of the chair

FELIPE NO
Shake Appeal
Chocobo

Member 35708

Level 9.30

May 2010

Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:59 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2010, 10:59 AM #40 of 56
You mean because 99% of my friends list is playing this instead of Halo now? Yeah, you're right.
Am I the 1%?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:29 AM #41 of 56
You and a couple of the European dudes yes. I still get on in the mornings to do Challenges, and I see Roflfox on a bit (probably doing the same), but basically everyone has transitioned to blops. I'm assuming that Shimms and those guys are still playing Halo, but I haven't seen them on in a while, and I know at least Shimms said he was going to try to get blops on Black Friday.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2010, 03:53 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2010, 04:53 PM #42 of 56
i wish i had nerd friends. i dont know anyone that plays xbox like that

We can be super friends that plays Bops

Especially since i just finished Campaign (Awesome although would have been awesome if the last part of the "Story" was playable, Like Call of Duty Moden Warfare, The Plane epilogue)

Making my way to Multiplayer, Pretty fun, although my horrendous 3rd world country internet affects my games greatly, it still is major fun (Especially when i get that coveted 3 green bars for my connectivity)

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:23 PM #43 of 56
Some specifics on the patch m00 was talking about in the lobby the other day; according to their forum notes on this this was submitted to the console manufacturers (or to be submitted) Monday, and via their little FAQ from that point to actual release it's out of their hands, and usually takes about a week to a week and a half from that point. So sometime next week on this stuff? The party issues and knife lunge reduction are probably the most relevant.

Quote:
Issues Addressed:
* • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
* • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
* • Addressed issue that prevented the “Load MP by Default” option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
* • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
* • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
* • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
* • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
* • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
* • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
* • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
* • Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
* • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
* • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
* • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
* • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
* • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
* • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
* • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
Also for the lol's:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:44 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2010, 09:44 PM #44 of 56
These patch notes are hilarious. Some of this hasn't even been implemented. Let's see if I can't clean them up a little bit.

Quote:
Issues Addressed:
* • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.[NOPE]
* • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.[YUP]
* • Addressed issue that prevented the “Load MP by Default” option from saving when other specific option combinations were set. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige. [dunno lol]
* • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes. [dunno lol]
* • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances. [dunno lol]
* • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.[dunno lol]
* • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions. [NOPE]
* • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances. [dunno lol]
* • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities. [dunno lol]

Gameplay Tuning:
* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.[YUP]
* • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.[NOPE]
* • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types. [dunno lol]
* • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.[dunno lol]
* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in. [YUP]
* • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.[NOPE]
* • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.[NOPE]
Red and green I've confirmed myself, orange I haven't had a chance to yet.

I guess 1/2 should be the going rate for expecting the fix to apply, I guess.

Although I'm glad we're not playing this on PS3, which is apparently a disaster of untold proportions right now.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:46 AM #45 of 56
Although I'm glad we're not playing this on PS3, which is apparently a disaster of untold proportions right now.
Since the newest "Patch" came in, I'd be lucky to play an hour. It's a shame because before the patch everything was working fine for me and I was actually enjoying it more than MW2. Now the NAT type goes from Open to moderate at random times, connection interrupted is more frequent than host migration, and when a game works the lag hits you like a kick in the ass.
So yeah, have fun with your issues xboxers >=(

New Record!
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:08 AM #46 of 56
Weird that you`re still having party issues skills, we played some and still have it a bit, but it`s much better overall in terms of people getting dropped randomly. You and russ always seem to have a ton more issues with lag and whatnot than the rest of us though.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:34 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2010, 11:34 AM #47 of 56
I'm convinced that my internet connection quality is just wildly inconsistent from one minute to the next. The fact that at times I can be posted up, waiting on a guy to round a corner, start shooting at him, then end up with him killing me, and then see on the kill cam that the timing of the events were completely different tells me that the majority of my problems are on my side. We played a few matches last night where I was basically all over the opposing team, racking up care packages and attack choppers, then the next game, I would be plugging 8 to 10 rounds right on a guy's chest and getting no hits. If I have a 4 bar connection, things generally seem even, but anything less than 4 bars is a crapshoot for me.

I will say that when my connection quality is good, the game seems to have less lag than MW2 ever did regardless of connection quality.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:07 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2010, 02:07 PM #48 of 56
Weird that you`re still having party issues skills, we played some and still have it a bit, but it`s much better overall in terms of people getting dropped randomly. You and russ always seem to have a ton more issues with lag and whatnot than the rest of us though.
I was playing with Russ and the party exploded 4 times in a row there. Perhaps it's safe to assume that's the problem, but the chopper gunner stuff I can absolutely confirm, and while anecdotal at best, some of the other stuff seems mighty fishy.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:42 PM #49 of 56
You`ve had the problem where you don`t get control of the chopper gunner? I`m just curious because I`ve never heard anyone mention that, including you. The first I had ever heard of it was in the patch notes. I didn`t really get a good feel for if knifing is any better or worse last night, was too busy raping dudes nonstop and going 30 and 5 like all night.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:38 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2010, 06:38 PM #50 of 56
I had it once, but that was some time ago. However, in one of the games me and russ were in last night, an enemy chopper was doing that. You can tell it's broken when it flies pretty much straight up in the air and all irregularly. It basically spazzes out. The guy couldn't shoot us at all because his gun rarely pointed at the actual map.

Also post patch I got a chopper gunner and can confirm the red diamond thing isn't implemented.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Carl on Duty: Black Cops - Holy crap a patch