Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Official Nintendo Wii thread
Closed Thread

Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 10:36 AM #1 of 1979
success... CacheCrash and I were at our local EB at 6:30 this morning... first ones in line. About 15 minutes later two more folks showed up. And by 9:30 there were over thirty people in line. By store opening it was around thirty-five people. Only thirty pre-order slips were handed out.

And yes, employees at the store had to wait in line with everyone else... something a bit different that I hadn't seen done before. ^_^

Was out by 10:05... back home... and now taking the rest of my "sick day" from work and going to Disneyland ^_^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 04:35 PM #2 of 1979
Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
Walmart's "deal" is a bundle on thier website. Over $500 fucking dollars.

piecing everything together for their $533.56 bundle... I came up right around that same price if you bought the stuff separately. So much for a deal... ^_~

For launch day, I have Twilight Princess pre-ordered. And then I get to wait nearly three weeks for Elebits to get released... and then another month for Warioware. And only six titles on the VC that were appealing to me.
But CacheCrash and I will be at the local EBGames at the Block of Orange picking up our pre-ordered Wii's as soon as they make them available to us (hoping for a midnight release at that store) and then heading back to my place for an all-night Twilight Princess marathon...

Sixteen days and counting... ^_^

How ya doing, buddy?
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 06:04 PM #3 of 1979
no one has yet said if there is anything proprietary on the SD cards or not... I am rather shocked over the $50 price tag on the 1GB card when one can pick up the same card over at BestBuy (across the street from my local EB) for half of that price.
If it isn't propriety then I'll be hitting up BestBuy for the 2GB card for... wait for it... less than the Nintendo 1GB card.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:15 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 08:15 AM #4 of 1979
I'm going to have to check the EB's and GS's locally... maybe even do a stop at BestBuy (there is just something to be said about living in an area with all of these stores within a couple of miles of me)...

Most amazing jew boots
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 05:13 PM #5 of 1979
I've had the chance to play with this since about 12:30am after going through the unwrapping and setting up process... and crashed around 3am... and started up again around 9am (short break to run and pick up breakfast).

I have two Mii's created. One for me and one for my wife. Was simple to create... just didn't realize that you had to select Quit when you were finished in order to save it. That's my big gripe on that part of it... I see Quit and it means just that... quit... no save...

Went through the process of setting up my wireless connection last night. Installing it was easy... typing in my WEP key on a wireless controller? Not so easy... especially for someone who was on their fifth pint of Guinness and had been awake since 6am the morning prior in order to run amok doing errands all day. Shaky hands not recommended. Had to enter my WEP key twice... but got it set up fine.
I did notice though that it locked into a port that I had been using for my FTP server... found that a bit odd as I had to change the port of my server O_o

Wii Sports was the first game plugged in... and played by the three people alive in my place last night. It allowed for us to get used to the controls. And was funny to see my wife kick my brother's ass in boxing... and I proceeded to kick his ass in tennis.
And I took my "fitness test" today... my fitness age is 63... apparently I'm ancient... O_o

Next up was Twilight Princess... this game is going to take some getting used to with the Wii-mote. Move and turn using the nunchuk... perform certain functions with the A button... yeah... mid-30's... brain lost some of it's ability to kick ass like that a while ago. ^_~

Today was more Wii Sports and playing with the Virtual Console...
Spent some time working on my bowling, tennis, and golf game.
Bowling is going to become my bitch... or visa versa. I've already got an aggravated left shoulder. So bowling with the Wii-mote isn't helping it at all... in fact I think I was in more pain after bowling than any of the other sports played.
Tennis is going to take some getting used to for me I think... I enjoy it... just getting the sensor bar to recognize my backhand a bit better would make me happy.
Golf... I shot a round of golf... and ended +3 after nine holes. A lot better than if I wee to shoot on an actual course. Only issue I had with that one was when I was putting it would sometimes not even swing the putter when I was moving the Wii-mote. Might have to move the sensor bar down lower? Maybe...

When I picked up my Wii and Twilight Princess last night I just had to get a Wii Points card. $20 for 2000 points.
Redeeming the points was easy... nothing overly difficult...
And buying the VC games was just as easy... of course I had to get Legend of Zelda... and got Wario's Woods for the wife which she is playing right now before the Ducks game at 5.

Over all impressions? I really like this console. It seems to have taken a little bit of everything and tossed it into a mixture that could appeal to people of all ages. I was really enjoying the golfing and bowling... two sports that I prefer not to partake in out in the real world... but will glady do embarassingly in front of my huge front window for all the world to see me making a fool of myself... ^_^
The games available thus far for the Wii and VC aren't all up to par yet. Twilight Princess will take some time for me to get used to the controls... I picked up Trauma Center today along with my second Wii-mote but have not had the chance to pop it in yet... and Elebits comes out in two weeks.
The VC games only have a couple of titles I'm interested in now... and the Wii Channels are sparse for now... and I'm not totally sure on how to see other Mii's roaming about on my console...
Will the options improve over time? From what we are hearing... yes... over the next few months. So for now it's just a waiting game... and a time for me to play around and try to improve my golf score (need to bring that thing under par)...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 06:05 PM #6 of 1979
Originally Posted by DarthSavior
Well, my wireless network isn't secure (for now) and it detected/connected quite easily. The first update didn't take more than 5 min, while this second update is taking upwards of 10 minutes.

On another note, anyone know what's the use of that clear plastic thing that comes with those sticky pads?
The small clear plastic thing? It's for the sensor bar if you don't want to attach it directly to your television or television stand...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:16 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 09:16 PM #7 of 1979
Originally Posted by neothe0ne
I haven't read much of this thread lately, but I have to ask the question:

Does anyone else's local areas have a handful of Wiimotes in stores, but NO nunchuks to go with them?
The Target store down the street from me had plenty of both... but only a couple of the classic controllers left. I just wanted another Wii-mote/nunchuk set for my wife... ^_^

FELIPE NO
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 09:52 PM #8 of 1979
Turbo: I'd start that thing over again then... last night my update took maybe 5 minutes tops...
There should be no reason for the thing to take three hours for an update. I'd kill it and restart the "update" process again later.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:03 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:03 AM #9 of 1979
Originally Posted by J-Man
Has anyone had any reportable experience with the Virtual Console yet?

Share with me plz.
I have bought two games for the Virtual Console... Legend of Zelda and Wario's Woods.

The interface in order to purchase the games is pretty easy and straight forward.

Once in the Wii Shop Channel pick the Virtual Console (pardon the crappy shots)

From there you can choose your games by console, alphabetical, or newest added...

Downloading is quick and simple... and entertaining with Mario running across the screen collecting coins to mark your progression. He'll jump into bricks above him as a more accurate way of marking progression.
And the games don't take up too much space... which made me happy. One thing that did bug me after I read up on it... the VC games cannot be put onto an SD card. If you are running out of room, then delete the game off of the Wii. You can go back later to download it again since you've already paid for it.

As for the gameplay themselves... I think it will take me some time getting used to the Wii-mote turned sideways. I did crank through the first dungeon in Zelda rather quickly... no deaths... only one send-back by the grabby hands near the end of the dungeon...
My wife liked Wario's Woods... she didn't seem to have an issue with the controller that I could tell... but we will probably pick up a classic controller in the next week or so depending on what they add into the Wii Store in that time...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:57 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:57 AM #10 of 1979
folks in the Orange County area of SoCal might want to stop by Main Place Mall in Santa Ana. On the lower level near the Crate & Barrel is a Wii kiosk unlike anything I've seen before... I counted six Wii's and HDTV's set up with various games including the upcoming Wii Play.
It was rather interesting to watch people make fools of themselves as they got closer and closer to the tv's hoping that that would improve their gameplay. And the folks hired to run the kiosk were telling them to step back.

Did enjoy my time in Wii Play though... cannot wait to add that to the collection next month even if it means I'm getting yet another Wiimote.

Most amazing jew boots
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Official Nintendo Wii thread