Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Post your Game Collection thread!!
Closed Thread

Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:19 PM #1 of 36
Post your Game Collection thread!!

The purpose of this thread is twofold.

1) To brag if you've been spending all your life savings on games since you were five years old.

2) To have an intelligent discussion about what your favorite games are and why. Sometimes different people are looking for a different genre to explore or would like to avoid the hassle of spending all their hard earned dollars on a title that just bites the big one so think of this as a way of recommending the titles that have given you the most enjoyment over the years. Please do not post spammy one lines and try to be interesting.

So,
1) post your entire game collection (whether it is multiplatform or you have been focusing your collecting energies/ resources into one system).
Linking to your collection if you have it archived on another website is preferable.

2) Post your favorite titles in your collection and at least a few paragraphs explaining why you chose these titles. Simple listings will be deleted.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Mar 2, 2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Setting some demands
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:07 AM #2 of 36
Hauling over mine from the Seriously Inactive forums.

Toejam and Earl 1 - Genesis / Megadrive

Revolutionized two player gaming. Instead of beating the hell out of eachother, you cooperated together in order to restore Toejam and Earl's funkatronic rocket ship. Collecting and opening presents was awesome, the different enemies were unique, and the split-screen action of two player mode made this game really fun. 25 levels of pure awesome.

Chrono Trigger - SNES

Well, let's see. It's not Final Fantasy, so it doesn't suck. I've never seen such a game which not only has a properly formed story, but one which has introduced New Game+ into RPGs. Disregarding that, the characters were all unique in their own manner and they did attempt to shed light on each of the individual's characteristics. The battle system was fun, and wasn't random like other games. I often mourn for the crashing of Zeal as it's probably one of the most unique places the game had to offer. Multiple endings were added just for awesome and replay value.

Fantastic Dizzy - Genesis / Megadrive

If you haven't played this game, explaining it is rather plain. Basically, you're an egg. You collect things around your treehouse, mine, city, and other different areas. These items are used in various sections of the game, opening up more paths and sections. The plot is that a sorcerer named Zakk has placed a curse on Dizzy's family, and you need to come to their aid. The only problem with this game is that it's lacking a save feature, as are most games for the Megadrive. I'm still very impressed by the graphics and integrity that this game maintains.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - PS2

Well, this is pretty obvious. Most Nippon Ichi titles are known for their outstanding levelling system, exploits which feel almost deliberate, and story. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness takes this to the next level, mixing twisted humour with lovable characters. The story itself is great, but you're not going to want to play Disgaea for that alone. Levelling, transmigrating, accessing Item World and levelling your own characters, be whatever class you decide and unlock, will literally consume your time to no end. This is another RPG to experience a New Game+ feature, and it's use brings replayability in RPGs to a newer level.

Pop'n Music - Multiplatform

Dance Dance Revolution never really became something I enjoyed, and Beatmania has always been expensive. The Pop'n Music series has always been there, while being much like Beatmania it utilizes 9 buttons, and a large array of songs. Pop'n 10, which I recently purchased, has little over 100 songs - most which are hidden at first, and need to be unlocked as you progress through the game, whether it be through the Pray to the Stars option, or via the time-unlock system.

Who am I kidding though. There's like, 50 different games which I'd rate quite highly, but I'm not going to list them, nor am I meant to. Wizz 'n' Lizz, ICO, SotC, Gitaroo Man, Ouendan, Electroplankton, Daigasso, Ikaruga, the list doesn't stop.

As for games, I'm not too sure. I remember I have 31 Genesis games, most still with their cases(no manuals, however) and my PS2 collection is constantly growing. Roughly around 6 american SNES cartridges, a bit of everything really. The only console I'm lacking at the moment is a Saturn.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:15 PM #3 of 36
I'm also gonna use the one from Serious Business

Pretty puny collection compared to the ones i've seen on here but whatever Click

Now to pick some of my favourites. I'll do my favourite from each platform or something like that

GBA: Minish Cap

This is actualy one of the best Zelda games i have played (considering there are bloody loads). Obviously not as good as OoT but a very good one for a portable console. It was fairly easy although all of my friends found it really hard (i'm just too good) and i loved the graphics as well. Not a big fan of cell shading type graphics but this was gorgeous. Hours and hours of fun to be had with this game for me

GCN: Tales of Symphonia

This was a tough one because i lost most of my GC games but it just had to be this. The battle system in the Tales Of games is wonderful. I love being free to just kick ass without having to wait turns and all that crap. The story line was also very gripping for me because i never knew what was going to happen as it was my first Tales Of game. The graphics also amazed me. the character design was awesome and the characters themselves were all amazing, especialy Zelos. He just made me laugh

PC: The Sims 2 (Plus all expansions)

Well, what can i say, i'm not a true PC gamer really if this is all i play on the PC but it is my favourite PC game of all time. If i still had Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle or Discworld then it would be a different story but i don't have them. The Sims games are just addictive. And with all the new expansions it gets better each time. The graphics are ace and the gameplay is the best.

PS: Legend Of Dragoon

I was going to be typical and say FFVII but i thought, no, i'll choose one of my other favourite PS games and it turned out to be a very unheard of one (well, in my experience unheard of) It's a bit dated now, but i still love to play it. The battle system is great, i love the concentration you have to put into it, unlike in some turn based games where you just press a button and it all happens whilst you sit back. The whole Dragoon thing is awesome and the story is wonderul.

PS2: Shadow Hearts/Covenant

This was another tough choice. It was either these games or Star Ocean Till The End Of Time, but i had to go for SH. I love these games so much because of the way that they're not really a typical RPG. They're alot darker than most of the RPG's i play and the whole judgement ring thing was very original. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous and there is some great character development in both of them.

DC: Grandia II

One of the best games i have EVER played. Even though it is quite easy, i enjoyed it alot. I've played it through several times and like the other games i have mentioned, i liked the battle system as it wasn't a generic system. The story is not as good as the first one but still, quite good.

N64: Ocarina Of Time

Kinda self explanatory. I don't own many N64 games so this had to be the one for this platform. Can't really say much about this, one of my first games i played, when my Dad eventual let me near it. He wouldn't let me play it because he knew i was better than him at it :P I can pretty much remember everything i have to do down to the last detail on this game.

SNES: FF, Mystic Quest

Oooold game but still amazing none the less. I love little games like this. I like the graphics on them. The whole sprite thing has always been a weak spot of mine. I wouldn't care if all games were still like this. The gameplay is awesome, and it's not exactly easy which is nice. I've never completed it but that's only 'cause my saved games keep deleting themselves. The cartdridge is so damn old

Yay for long posts

Most amazing jew boots

Cheers B4!
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:42 PM #4 of 36
Here's a cut&paste from the temp forum's similar thread...

My Collection List:

Anyway, some of my favorites:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Everything about the game surpassed all the other games before it. That, and I actually was able to complete the game...

Chrono Cross - It's the first RPG that made me a fan of the genre. There are better ones, but this just made an impact on me, more so than Dragon Warrior did years earlier...

Contra/Final Fight/Robo Aleste/Zelda/Rush N' Attack - Just plain old-school awesomeness...

Command & Conquer - This was the first RTS game I had played that I actually enjoyed and did well at. There's others I like more, but this, much like with Chrono Cross in regards to RPGs, started my fondness of the genre...

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - While I liked the first one, this is the first Zelda game I actually did quite well with and has always (Both game & Music) stayed in my mind as one I have always wanted to play again. Very much a fun game...

Star Wars: X-Wing/ect. - Not much to say, these were the first truly immersive gaming experience in the Star Wars universe. Still can't be beat even today, in my view...

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force/Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - I was well into playing FPS games at the time I first played these, but they were FPS for pete's sake. Still love them today and for the immersion they provide...

Street Fighter II - The first fighter I had played and still get quite a lot of entertainment from it. There might be bigger and better games out now, but still go back to it...

Most amazing jew boots
SunkistTheHedge
Good Chocobo

Member 624

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:07 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:07 AM #5 of 36
Here are my favorites : On My Game Collection

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
this was the first game I ever played on the GC . when i first got it And i been wanting this game for months since i heard eggman was playable " And so when i first bought it i was attached to it and it because my favorite sonic game and those chao were so cute , and the game never gets boring even if you collect all emblems

Super Mario Sunshine
The graphics to this game is very great and it makes me wish i was on Isle Delfino , Its a good summer game as well i think its hilarious when mario jumps on top of the pianta's head . And have them yelling or muttering.

Sonic Gems Collection
I was so happy to own this game when i first got it . And the unlockables were okay except for some of the demos " and games i like on the collection are Sonic CD , Sonic R , Tails Adventure . I put sonic r as my overall favorite on the collection and putting the game gear games in it was a perfect idea

Shadow The Hedgehog
The game turned out good as i expected , all through the controllers were like the ones in SH " but it did not bother me like it did on that game the stages were cool and the space stages were like remaking the SA2B stages . so this game kicks ass

Sonic Riders
Now this game really is fun and challenging . the music is fantastic just like on any other sonic game ' My favorite track courses are splash canyon sand ruins & the sega illusion tracks.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:50 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:50 PM #6 of 36

One day I'll pick up a SNES and attempt to rebuild some kinda collection there. I sold my SNES and all its games to get an N64 back in '97. If only I'd kept Terranigma.

Five games!

Sonic 2 (Master System). The Mega Drive one's cool and all, but it lacks AQUA LAKE ZONE and the awesome bosses found in here, like demented fat rolling guy, demented seal with beach ball or demented bird with millions of babies. Most people seem to hate this game, too. So it's bonus points for being anti-mainstream and stuff right where's my black eye shadow. Don't even bother with the TERRIBLE Game Gear version of this. Worst. Port. Ever.

Terranigma (SNES). Because it's Terranigma. Wonderful graphics, a storyline that doesn't try to take over every four seconds, some of the best music the SNES ever pumped out and the ability to choose a town bum as mayor.

Earthworm Jim. Stupid fun. Just so random, with amazing animation goin' on all over the place. The game's also HARD. UMF. It's still very impressive to this day, unless you're playing the GBA version. Oh my no.

SOS: The Final Escape/Disaster Report (PS2). Survival game. Earthquakes ahoy. The game may have been one gigantic scripted event, but shit it was amazing. There's nothing quite like walking down a street in the pouring rain, only to have the sky scrapers around you start to crumble and fall as the road cracks and cars slide on into the depths of nothing. Just a pity the frame rate commited suicide so often.

Super Mario Bros. 3. IT'S SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 3. So much replay value, it's raaaad. Raaaad racer. The worlds were great, too. Big world for the win. Giant goombas.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:53 AM #7 of 36
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
Holy crap, I think I'm you.

Toejam and Earl 1? Rocket Knight Adventures? Grandia II? Skullmonkeys? YES PLEASE. My copies are ex-rentals, though. If you ever feel like selling some of those, GIVE ME A CALL. I'd gladly like to buy half of your collection.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:36 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:36 AM #8 of 36
Originally Posted by Son of Wiseness
XBOX:

Halo
Halo 2

Gamecube:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Sims

Nintendo 64:

Mario Party 2
Mischeif Makers

Playstation 2:

007 Everything or Nothing
A Series of Unforunate Events
Chessmaster
Drakengard
DDR Max Dance Dance Revolution
DDR Max Dance Dance Revolution 2
Jak 2
NBA Live 2005
Smackdown vs. Raw
Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
Spyhunter
Sly Cooper and the Thevius Racoons
Burnout Revenge
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi
Eye Toy Play
Guilty Gear X2
The Simpsons Hit & Run
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts

This is the second time your post gets deleted in this thread.

The first post in this thread is pretty clear that lists will be deleted. The "Please read before posting" thread is pretty clear that listings are not allowed. You have to put more effort into your posts or they will have no merit, meaning I will delete them again.

This is also not the first thread I'm deleting your posts in for not abiding to the rules in the first post of the thread. If you don't start reading those first posts, I will hurt you.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Dyne
fu.ture

Member 675

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:44 PM #9 of 36

http://users.ign.com/collection/Dynendal

Hmm, favourites.

I love my Gamecube games. Every one. The game that I got the most hours out of was Phantasy Star Online, though.

Dreamcast is a favourite. Jet Grind Radio is absolutely the most stylish game I've played, as is its sequel Jet Set Radio Future. They also have the best soundtracks ever.

Both Shenmues were very memorable and I love them to death. As is Skies of Arcadia.

Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG would take the top spots though, only for nostalgia.

Always leave important items in your back pocket.

Dyne // Level 135
FOnewearl // Viridia
Madam's Umbrella // Chao

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:46 AM #10 of 36
What exactly is that Pure Evil box there under Four Swords+? Something RE related?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dyne
fu.ture

Member 675

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:52 PM #11 of 36
Originally Posted by Qwarky
What exactly is that Pure Evil box there under Four Swords+? Something RE related?
It's a two-pack of Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 0. They ended up both being Player's Choice, and I didn't feel comfortable with them - I found original versions for a good price, so I traded them in. RE0 was still sealed. The guy didn't care about the box so I kept it for collection purposes.

I think it was EB and Walmart only.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Dyne // Level 135
FOnewearl // Viridia
Madam's Umbrella // Chao

Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:39 PM #12 of 36
You can view my collection by clicking on the link under my signature. My collection consists mainly of current generation consoles. The reason why is cuz when I had the others, I always had to exchange all my games and the actual console to get the new ones. From NES to SNES to N64 to Dreamcast etc. Now I have a shitload of games, I like to collect them and I sworn to never get rid of them. I rather keep them cuz I learned my lesson in the past. Anyway, here's my TOP 5!!!(from the game I owns)

GCN: Resident Evil 4
Never a game amazed me like this one. From the beginning to the end, I was hooked. Every time I thought the game was almost at the end, I was wrong. It kept going. There are so many things you can do, and you’re not limited to a small area where you have to backtrack in order to find a key to open a door. It’s definitely my number one game, and I can’t wait for RE5.

PS2: Final Fantasy X
I am not a big RPG fan, but I do enjoy a couple of them, especially the Final Fantasy series. Unlike most people (or probably everyone), I don’t find FFVII to be the best. Damn, I like FFVIII more than FFVII. FFX has the best story, the best characters and the best combat system. It’s fast, its fun and there’s no limit to upgrade your character as much as you can. (ahhh, I can’t forget my super strong fast invincible 99999 HP Rikku)

PS1: Resident Evil 2
First horror game that I ever played in my life and the only game I replayed more than 20 times. For some reasons, I just cannot put this game aside; I always have to play it at least every 3 months.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid (or The Twin Snakes)
I first played that game expecting nothing else than an ordinary action game. I didn’t know anything about the movie-like story and the incredible stealth action game play. The game hooked me up the minute it started and as I got through the end, I was totally blown away. MGS is a classic that I’ll never forget.

PS2: Prince of Persia the Sand of Time
The funny thing is that I bought this game only cuz I could get Splinter Cell for free. PoP had everything I ever could ask for a platform game, a rewind function. This game was beautifully crafted and the narration was excellent. It really immersed me like no other game did.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Currently Playing: Kingdom Heart II
Waiting for: Nothing this month
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:21 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:21 PM #13 of 36
Originally Posted by Dyne
What is the drum next tothe tv? The official Namco drum for PS2?

If so, I love you. Get over to the Taiko thread immediately.

Oh and nice collection.

ShadowScythe
Falcon Hunter

Member 646

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:24 PM #14 of 36
Breath of Fire II
i thought this game was pretty damn good, but the only thing i didn't like was the horrible english translations...>.<

Golden Sun 1 and 2
LOVED THIS GAME!! the characters were really cute, and the music was the best that i've heard so far for a gba game. very impressive. The plot was cool too, albeit slightly cliche...^^;; first solid rpg for the gba

Phoenix Wright
This game just kept me hooked from beginning to end like no other. when i wasn't playing i kept thinking "omg i have to know what happens!!"
besides, how many other games are there where u get to yell "objection" at your ds? NONE!!! this game really makes u use ur head, which is a nice change of pace from ur usual mindless beating-the-crap-out-of-enemies game

Trauma Center: Under the Knife
all about tension and stress....but in a good way...really made my hands sweat, and it's a really really challenging game...but fun nonetheless

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
i usually don't play action adventure, but this game was addictive...i HAD to play it ever spare moment i had ^^;; the music wasn't exactly the best (music's important in games for me) but the gameplay was fun...
collecting souls was a first (that i knew of)

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
i actually liked this one a whole lot better than the first fe that came out on gba in the US (the one with Eliwood) b/c i could actually train my people, and it was possible to get more money other than what people gave me at certain points in the game. So of course, i went crazy and trained all my favorite characters up to lvl 20, upgraded them, then trained them to lv 10 again...

Final Fantasy VII
ahhhh another gem...there was just SO much to do in this game...and i actually haven't finished it yet cuz i REFUSE to beat sephiroth until i have that golden chocobo...yes i'm a perfectionist with games. bite me.
and yes, the music (orchestrated and piano) were AMAZING...in-game music wasn't quite to my liking, simply becuase it was all midi-ish...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:49 PM #15 of 36
Game Collection

There are a lot of favorites to list...

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) - It's Mario in his best title. Does anything else need to be said? When I last played this game, I found myself intentionally going after stages that I didn't have to pass to get through to the next world. Every stage is action packed and has something different to offer you. It's so fun that you don't want to skip anything. If that doesn't define greatness, then I don't know what does.

Streets of Rage II (Genesis) - Enhanced the original in every way. Improved music, a deeper fighting system, the works. The game is just the right length as it throws tons of variety at you and ends before it can get repetitive like most beat'em ups do. Still my all time favorite beat'em up because it's so memorable and does pretty much everything right. You know Shiva is cool.

Earthbound (SNES) - Thank goodness that someone is willing to try something different. No swords (well, there's one sword, but you only have a 1 in 128 chance of nabbing it ^_^) and sorcery (again, there's magic, but it's psychic baby) or castles here. Just a game with a knack for great humor and all around solid gameplay. It may seem a gimmicky title on the surface, but it's really anything but with its great sense of imagination and remarkable ability to present its world in a way that is unforgettable.

Syndicate Wars (PC) - I only barely touched the original Syndicate at some point but the sequel had me hooked. It just oozes atmosphere from every nook and cranny and the gameplay is strategic enough but the interface is so streamlined that's it's a joy to play. You can play as the bad guys too, which is great. Gotta love the mix of strategy, stealth, and action. There's nothing quite like calling down a Satellite Rain attack and enjoying the destruction.

Resident Evil 2 (PS1) - I'm going to go ahead and say that I think I was lucky to play this one before the first one. Who knew that a game could capture such gritty realism and provide such an awesome experience through those good ole dependable zombies? The various scenarios are great and this game just has playability up the wazoo. This is one of the games that opened my eyes to the possibilities of next generation gaming. Make sure there's a blood pool, or that zombie might bite your leg, heh heh.

Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn) - One of only two Saturn games that I've completed so far. But wow, I didn't expect it to be this good given the above average at best ratings it usually gets. What I love about it is that it's actually quite fun to play even with the slowdown. Lots of little details like various critical attack moves make this game more special than you'd think with the whole stigma towards dungeon crawlers. Once I was upside-down in that South Shrine walking across the ceiling, I knew it was an undeniable classic.

FELIPE NO
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:03 PM #16 of 36
My Favourite Games.

(SNES) Super Mario World: This would probably be my most played game of all time. I beat it countless times and everytime I still felt a sense of accomplishment. Despite the fact this was the only game I had for about 2 years on my SNES, I wasn't playing it because it was the only game I had, I was playing because because I loved it. Every inch of every level.

(GBA) Mega Man Zero Series: I don't know why these games were so appealing to me. I beat them, I beat them again to get a perfect score on each level, then I beat them again. I think the degree of difficulty really gave me an incentive to keep playing. Even though I had beaten the level before, there was still no certainty I was going to beat an obstacle easily. Also I love the gameplay style of Mega Man.

(GC) Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat: After finishing a new GC title I would rate it in comparison to other games on the system. Every now and then I would think "This is my definately favourite GC game", it happened a few times first with Super Smash Bros, then Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX and finally Wind Waker. Wind Waker was my favourite GC game for a long time, until this game came along.

DK:JB is amazing! I could beat those drums until my arms fell off. It's easy to complete, yes, but it's also easy to keep playing. I continue to play it, consistantly trying to beat my old scores. It's an addiction. I don't care if I screw up and combo right at the end of the level, it means I get to play through the level again. I don't mind making a stupid mistake on an easy boss, only for it to make my score not enough to claim the top spot. Seriously, dis game is teh bom!

(GC) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Although at the time I wasn't as wowed when playing it as I was when play Ocarina of Time. In retrospect I still like Wind Waker better. Apart from the treasure hunt at the end, I really loved this game. I loved the graphics, the style, the story and the atmosphere. I was disappointed when the did announce the new graphics style, but looking back I am happy they did it. I have been caught just sitting and staring at this game. The final fight against Ganon, remains one of my favourite boss battles.

Now a list of games that I own on the systems that I still play frequently.

Nintendo DS
Games
Advance Wars DS
Animal Crossing Wild World
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends
Wario Ware: Touched

Game Boy Advance
Games
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4
Pokemon LeafGreen
Pokemon Sapphire
Sonic Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ the Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Sacred Cards

GameCube
Games
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga
F-Zero GX
James Bond 007: NightFire
Kirby Air Ride
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Party 4
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
NBA Courtside 2002
Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil - CODE: Veronica X
SEGA Soccer Slam
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Soulcalibur II
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tales of Symphonia
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Simpsons Road Rage
The Sims Bustin' Out
TimeSplitters 2
Tony Hawk's Underground
Vexx
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Virtua Striker 2002

Extras
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
Resident Evil 4: Collector's Edition (Australia)

Playstation 2
Games
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X (lost, but then again, no great loss.)
Gitaroo Man
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2
Tekken 4
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Last edited by NovaX; Mar 5, 2006 at 12:03 AM.
Dyne
fu.ture

Member 675

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:45 PM #17 of 36
Originally Posted by Elixir
What is the drum next tothe tv? The official Namco drum for PS2?

If so, I love you. Get over to the Taiko thread immediately.

Oh and nice collection.
Thanks.

Yep, it's a Taiko Drum Master drum.

Also, Zero, your link doesn't work. It has to be http://users.ign.com/collection/YourUsername.

Click "Show as others see it."

Dyne // Level 135
FOnewearl // Viridia
Madam's Umbrella // Chao

Last edited by Dyne; Mar 4, 2006 at 11:55 PM.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:54 PM #18 of 36
Suikoden II - The whole concept of 108 stars is somehow intriguing to me. On top of that, rounding up all 108 stars (and some extra people) was interesting as well. Although Suikoden is my ultimate favorite, it seems as though this game had more stuff in it to do.

My collection is pitiful at most because I lost or had stolen a lot of what I used to have:
  • Breath of Fire IV
  • Threads of Fate
  • Star Ocean~The Second Story
  • Wild Arms~2nd Ignition
  • Suikoden II
  • Twisted Metal II
  • Tekken
  • Tekken 3
  • Tekken 2
  • Rage Racer
  • Ridge Racer Type 4 (JPN)
  • Grandia

How ya doing, buddy?
tenzor
24 SEASON 7 JAN 2009

Member 193

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:43 PM #19 of 36
thats some nice collection guys. Ill post my collection sometime when I get my digital camera back.

Dyne what is that pure evil thing you have in your gamecube collection? Is that a resident evil game? If so when did that come out?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by tenzor; Mar 5, 2006 at 01:48 AM.
Dyne
fu.ture

Member 675

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:16 PM #20 of 36
I answered that a few posts down. :P

Originally Posted by Dyne
It's a two-pack of Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 0. They ended up both being Player's Choice, and I didn't feel comfortable with them - I found original versions for a good price, so I traded them in. RE0 was still sealed. The guy didn't care about the box so I kept it for collection purposes.

I think it was EB and Walmart only.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dyne // Level 135
FOnewearl // Viridia
Madam's Umbrella // Chao

aesop
all out of time, all into space

Member 1172

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:55 PM #21 of 36
Here's my collection.

So many of these I haven't even looked at since buying them. It's hard to make the titles out, but I have a list here on IGN. I'll need to house a Playstation3, and probably a Revolution at some point, but I'm pretty much out of space already.

Anyway. Some favourites-

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Probably my favourite Xbox game. The first two thirds of the game are fairly straight forward, but then it takes an awkward turn and the plot ends up becoming pretty deep. Much more than I’d ever expected. It's just fantastic and I really needed to finish it. I usually don’t get like that.

Grand Theft Auto 3
Four or five years on, I still love GTA3, and I still prefer it to the sequels. Liberty city’s just more fun to be in. Great radio too.

Wipeout 2097
This brought me back into videogames after I’d dropped the hobby. I remember seeing it on a UK TV show, Gamesmaster. Game looked great, and had a good soundtrack to race too.

A few of my favourites aren't in my collection anymore. I must have sold them, or traded them in. Regret.

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:13 PM #22 of 36

Ain't no thang.

How ya doing, buddy?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:29 PM #23 of 36
Playstation 2 Games:

Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits
Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter
Burnout Revange
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore
Death by Degrees
Devil May Cry 1
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Enthusia Professional Racing
Fatal Frame 1
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
God of War
Grandia III
GUN
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
ICO
Indigo Prophecy
Killzone
King Kong
Kingdom Hearts
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Radiata Stories
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Outbreak File 1
Resident Evil Outbreak File 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Shadow of the Colossus PAL
Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sonic Riders
Soul Calibur 3
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden Tactics
Tales of Legendia
Tekken 5
Tenchu: Fatal Shadow
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
We Love Katamari
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F
Wipeout Fusion
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose
Zone Of The Enders
Zone Of The Enders 2: The 2nd Runner

ICO
One and only great game that will be in my memory forever. Especially after Shadow of the Colossus that remembers us how great was ICO.

We Love Katamari
All you do while playing this game is rolling Katamari... but all you do is singing and shouting "I Love Katamari". Game Have something that makes us want more.

Shadow of the Colossus
Game that made me create Fan Site for it. Still playing. Only few Colossi left in PAL version to the end of Hard Time Attack =).

FELIPE NO
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:18 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 12:18 AM #24 of 36
DS
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Nintendogs: Best Friends
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Notes: Castlevania DS is one of my favorite games in my 20 years of video gaming. Yeah, it is slightly easy but it is just incredibly fun. Mario Kart DS, while I don't play it all the time, is one of the best games ever made. It's like a movie that wins a bunch of awards, even if you don't play it all the time or even if it's not your favorite, you know it's really damn good.

Gameboy Advance
Castlevania Double Pack (Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow)
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV Advance
F-Zero GP Legend
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
WarioWare: Twisted

Notes: I've always wanted more Mario RPG's since the SNES one, so I had to get a GBA (I got the SP Classic) when I found out about Superstar Saga. Metroid Fusion is absolutely fantastic. Before the GBA was out, I had been playing FFIV on my laptop at school on an emulator, so I definitely wanted to add that to my collection. Since I was so late to the GBA scene, the two Castlevania games were already unavailable except as used, so I was quite jazzed when these were released on the double pack. I can't say I'm disappointed with a single one of these games.

Gamecube
Animal Crossing
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
F-Zero GX
Geist
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Pikmin
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Heroes
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tales of Symphonia
Tom Clancey's Splinter Cell
Super Mario Sunshine
Viewtiful Joe
X-Men Legends

Notes: I'm a bit OCD, so Animal Crossing brought out the worst in me. After a month, I had to pull myself away. I started making spreadsheets of items I got and still needed and I played hours every day. It really was one of the weirdest gaming periods for me. Some of these games (FF:CC, MGS, PoP:WW, X-Men) I just haven't given much of a chance. I thought Super Mario Sunshine was treated unfairly: not every game needs to be innovative. SSBM probably wasn't a good pickup for me because I prefer playing games by myself. People dissed Zelda, but it was a great game. It's just impossible to always top the previous Zelda game and I really liked the graphics. The Metroid Prime games would be in my Top 20 for any system.

Nintendo 64
F-Zero X
Killer Instinct Gold
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64

Notes: My friends and I spent an entire summer playing MK64. While everyone was playing Goldeneye, we were spending pretty much 4 hours every night playing MK64. I still don't thikn there has ever been a better multiplayer game. All these games are solid, I wish I had just gotten a few more games for the N64.

PC
Battlefield 1942
Unreal Tournament 2004
World of Warcraft

Notes: Nothing special. <3 World of Warcraft.

Playstation
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
The Legend of the Dragoon
Metal Gear Solid
NCAA March Madness 2000
Parasite Eve
Tomb Raider II
Twisted Metal Black Online

Notes: I picked up many of these to bolster my game collection, but I'm not sure why anymore. Anything can be played on an emulator now. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite traditional RPG; I've always loved the gameplay and the story. I won March Madness 2000 in an online March Madness pool, along with a $70 yearly planner and a $25 gift certificate to Buy.com. Castlevania: SotN is one of those Top 20 games.

Playstation 2
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Beyond Good and Evil
Burnout 3: Takedown
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Dragon Warrior VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hot Shots Golf 3
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Jak II
Jak 3
Katamari Damacy
Kingdom Hearts
La Pucelle Tactics
NBA Live 2003
NBA Street, Vol. 2
NCAA Football 2004
NCAA March Madness 2004
NHL 2004
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Tekken 4
Tekken Tag Tournament
We <3 Katamari
Xenosaga
Xenosaga II

Notes: It is easy to have a lot of PS2 games due to the sheer volume. I'm not as happy with my PS2 purchases as I am with other systems I've owned. I absolutely love the platformers, the Jaks and Ratchet and Clanks, and my friends and I played a lot of Tekken Tag, but I can't really think of anything else that stands out. The GTA games are good, but they're overrated. Kingdom Hearts is probably my favorite game on the list, but I've tried to go back and play it a second time twice and just couldn't get into it.

Super Nintendo
Actraiser
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
F-Zero
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Madden NFL '94
Mortal Kombat
NBA Jam
NBA Live 95
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
SimCity
StarFox
Super Adventure Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Off-Road
Super Tennis

Notes: I don't know what I was thinking with some of these purchases. Mortal Kombat? Ick. NBA Jam? Yikes. But, still, the SNES provides me with the most rewarding gaming experiences. Secret of Mana is still absolutely my favorite game. I've played it at least 15 times, I don't even know why. I just can't get enough of it. Final Fantasy II is still my favorite traditional RPG. Super Mario RPG ushered in a new era of Mario games that has not disappointed one bit. Super Mario World is one of the best 2D platformers ever. StarFox was absolutely innovative. A Link to the Past could still be considered the best Zelda game in my book. Actraiser never, ever gets old. The SNES SimCity is by far the best version of a Sim game. I'm baffled as to how this style never translated to any of the other Sim games.

and Brandy does her best to understand
MrMonkeyMan
MrMonkeyMan?

Member 585

Level 14.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:05 AM #25 of 36
The only part of my collection I'll bother posting a picture of.

A complete list of every game I have

Bangai-O (DC)
I like blowing shit up. Bangai-O likes it when I blow shit up. It rewards me with bigger bombs the more I blow shit up so I can blow even more shit up even bigger.

F-Zero GX
Fast, excellent controls, excellent music, and some great competition for time trials online. There's no need for weapons here. Just a well put together racing game.

ESPGaluda
I love Cave. I love the games they make. The thrill of dodging storms of bullets just can't be beat. Add some pumping music, some nifty bullet speed control mechanics, and some excellent level design and you have one of the best shooters in recent years. Hell, I love almost everything Cave releases.

Alien Soldier
Simply the best Megadrive game around. I love this game to pieces. Screw the levels, lets just take on some huge nasty boss every five seconds. Besides, it's got a werewolf cowby riding a mechanical horse.

Other games I should go on and on about but don't feel like it: Ikaruga, Mars Matrix, F-Zero X, Mischief Makers, DoDonPachi Dai-ou-jou, Mushihime, Ogre Battle 64, Sin and Punishment, Guardian Heroes, Silhouette Mirage, Radiant Silvergun and so on and so forth.

-

Last edited by MrMonkeyMan; Mar 12, 2006 at 12:17 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Post your Game Collection thread!!