Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cheap & Healthy: The College Way

SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:08 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 03:08 AM #26 of 27
Try Quinoa! (pronounced Keen-woa) It's a complete protein with a bunch of fiber. I use a rice cooker. 1part Quinoa to 2 part water. You can use it in salads or basically replace it for rice or couscous!! It's considered a "super food"? The Incans called it the ancient grain (it's really seeds) . This stuff can be hard to find, it's usually hidden in the rice or bread section. try the bulk section at your local central or whole foods market.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by SpaceMonk; Apr 13, 2008 at 03:11 AM.
Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:41 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 10:41 PM #27 of 27
I'm not sure if this helps, but this is a family recipe (modified slightly by my mom) used during Chinese New Year.

Veggies stir fry

1-2 sheets dried fu chuk
5-6 shitake mushrooms
1 large carrot
1/4 cabbage
1 onion, chopped
Soya sauce
pepper
oyster sauce

1. Cut fu chuk into desired size (usually just squares or slices) and soak for about 15 mins.
2. Soak shitake mushrooms in warm water for few hours (or even overnight) till soft. Slice them up (and keep the water!)
3. Chop/slice carrots and cabbage.
4. Warm wok/pan and add 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Throw in carrots (carrots go in first cause they take a longer time to soften), cabbage, mushrooms and fu chuk. Add onions when its almost done.
5. Add in desired amount of soya sauce, oyster sauce and pepper.

This is one of my favourite dish that is a must have when I go home for New Year.

Also, eggs and tofu are 2 versatile food that is good and cheap. Omelettes, scrambled eggs with tomatoes/onions and tofu soup are sides that goes well with rice.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Cheap & Healthy: The College Way