Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Actor Don S Davis (Stargate SG1, Twin Peaks) Dead At 65

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:55 PM #1 of 3
Actor Don S Davis (Stargate SG1, Twin Peaks) Dead At 65

The offical email annoucement

Quote:
So many of you have been touched by not only the work and art of Don S. Davis, but by the man himself, who always took the time to be with you at the appearances he loved, that it is with a tremendous sense of loss I must share with you that Don passed away from a massive heart attack on Sunday morning, June 29th.

On behalf of his family and wife, Ruby, we thank you for your prayers and condolences. A family memorial where Don's ashes will be scattered in the ocean will take place in a few weeks, and should you wish to, please make a donation to the American Heart Association in Don's memory.
Don S Davis has a line of credits as long as my arm. Best remembered as Major Briggs on Twin Peaks, he later played father to Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully on The X-Files and General Hammond on the long-running Stargate SG-1. He is survived by his wife and three dogs.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:17 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2008, 08:17 PM #2 of 3
Well, maybe it was for the best he retired to his painting. Gave him some time with his wife before the end. Still... unfortunate loss to the industry.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

DJDoeDoe
Carob Nut

Member 6403

Level 4.31

May 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 PM #3 of 3
I always liked him. I'm almost certain I saw him in other bit parts on television a lot besides those mentioned. He appeared a couple times on Macgyver if I recall correctly. It was always a pleasure to see him.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"Nine killed her! Nine shall die! Nine eternities in doom!" --Anton Phibes, The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Actor Don S Davis (Stargate SG1, Twin Peaks) Dead At 65