Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

iPod, iTunes, and Quicktime Problems

Stoob
Tra le la de da snort snort

Member 4001

Level 7.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:24 PM #1 of 5
iPod, iTunes, and Quicktime Problems

My brother hooked his iPod up to our computer for the first time in a long time last night. After disconnecting it this morning, he found that all his songs had been deleted from it. When I checked the information page, the iPod said that it had only 3 MG of 4 GB space free, so even though it didn't have any songs, the iPod acted as if it was full to capacity.

He decided to restore the iPod to factory settings and then manually put all his music back on the iPod. However, while trying to do this, he decided to download the latest version of iTunes. Now, whenever we try to open iTunes we get an error message tNewer hat reads "Newer Version of QuickTime is Required; QuickTime version 7.0.2 is installed, iTunes requires 7.1.3 or higher.

Please reinstall iTunes."

We downloaded the latest version of QuickTime, and tried iTunes again, but got the same message! So I opened QuickTime and checked "Help>>about" and it turns out that, yes, we are still running 7.0.2, even though I upgraded!

What do I do? Do I reinstall iTunes? Should I back up my music before I do that?

This is basically a huge crisis, and time is of the essence. It's up to you, Gamingforce! Godspeed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Can I have a dollar?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:43 PM #2 of 5
I hate QT/iTunes. Constant source of problems for me. When syncing to iPods, I use J.River Media Center 11. Works perfectly without all the BS of iTunes. And no quicktime required.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 02:51 PM #3 of 5
If I were you, I'd just Rockbox my iPod and forget about iTunes forever.

Best thing I ever did for myPod. (Hah)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:50 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 12:50 AM #4 of 5
Well, iTunes and Quicktime on Windows PC is crap... not doubt.

Best thing to do is uninstall both iTunes and Quicktime completely, then reboot, then download the latest versions on iTunes and QT directly and install them one after the other. Then try connecting the iPod etc.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:32 PM #5 of 5
Originally Posted by Arainach
I hate QT/iTunes. Constant source of problems for me. When syncing to iPods, I use J.River Media Center 11. Works perfectly without all the BS of iTunes. And no quicktime required.

I found this siteforJ river
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/features.html

is there a free version? And is there anyway to move music onto the ipod without using itunes?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > iPod, iTunes, and Quicktime Problems