Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your favorite asian foods?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 01:15 PM #1 of 62
Question Your favorite asian foods?

Hmm, my favorite asian foods would be chinese foods. I love 'em especially fried rice and sea food. What's yours? Btw, are you non-asian eat rice too?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Sushi as well. Hoka2 Bento is my favorite fast food for Japanese cuisine.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Jun 2, 2006 at 05:03 AM.
Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:42 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 11:42 PM #2 of 62
Curry Powder. That's enough said. You can add that to almost anything to make it taste good. Rice and Beans, Noodles and Beans are two of the best.

I can't stand Chinese or Japanese food. At all. Some of the most godawful stuff I've ever tasted.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 08:59 PM #3 of 62
In before ramen replies.

There's this little Fish & Chip shop down here which has a smorgasbord (with no sneeze covers =D) of chinese food, which you can fill a dish up for $5. They have the best sweet chicken pork I've ever tasted. Not that I make a habit of eating chinese though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 02:57 AM #4 of 62
Since I live in the US and therefore only know of "Americanized" asian food, I don't know if I can actually say that I really like certain asian foods. Bearing this in mind, I will say that I love:

Japanese:: OMG Udon. I love Udon noodle soup, with just an egg cracked in it and maybe a miso broth. Easily my favorite, along with tempura sweet potato.

Thai::Any kind of medium-spicy yellow tofu curry. Actually, curry in general. Also, thai spring rolls with coconut-peanut sauce are very good.

Chinese:: I love the most american dish, Orange Chicken. I'm pretty sure this is one of those completely fake Chinese dishes, but I happen to really like it. I also am a big fan of potstickers, but there's only two places I've had them where they're really good. And of course, Spring rolls!

Vietnamese:: Well, this is really generic, but I really like Pho beef noodle soup. So good! I love most asian broth-and-noodle dishes, though.

Taiwanese:: Pearl Milk teas and slushies!!!

India (since according to British it's "Asian"):: (vegetarian) Samosas, The Whitest Indian Dish ever (Chicken Tikka Masala), Lentils, Mango Lassis and Gajar Ka Halwa.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; Jun 1, 2006 at 01:31 PM.
pyrus421
the sky remains the same as ever

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:30 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 02:30 AM #5 of 62
Japenis: Sushi and Sashimi
Chinass: Orange Chicken
Philippenis: Sinigang, Sago Gulaman
Somewhere...:Instant Ramen, Dried Squid, Boba,

I was speaking idiomatically.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:50 AM #6 of 62
Seriously, what Chaco said. Curry powder is my priestess. I put that on EVERYTHING.

Not sure if Mediterranean region counts as a part of Asia, but I LOVE Greek food. Hummus and pita bread. *DROOL*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 11:01 AM #7 of 62
Chinese: Personally, I can't stand stuff like fried rice, sesame chicken, and whatnot. I'll occasionally eat at Chinese buffets, but I'm not too crazy about that either. If I want Chinese food, I have to eat it from a good restaurant, which usually means a trip to Chinatown. I have so many favorite dishes, I can't even count them all. I'm rather fond of fish fillets with yellow chives, salt and pepper squid, various types of tofu, black bean clams, walnut shrimp (that stuff is NASTY at times, so it really depends on where I order it), and some beef noodle thing. It's basically made of wide rice noodles (which are actually dark brown in color probably due to the sauce), beef, onions, and whatever else a particular restaurant wants to add. Yum!

Vietnamese: Ah, whatever, I'll say it. Pho. Amazing. Period.

Japanese: I don't think I've eating too many Japanese dishes, but tose spicy rice crackers are amazing. The first bag I tried was pretty nasty, but I decided to give it another go and choose a different brand. Instant love!

FELIPE NO
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 01:39 AM #8 of 62
I really like egg fried rice. I could live off this stuff. I also have a soft spot for BBQ ribs.

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:16 PM #9 of 62
I've gotten hooked on Thai soups recently. I'm also fond of miso soup. Seaweed is pretty tasty. I guess my favorite is probably shrimp fried rice and shrimp lo mein. I can't seem to get enough of either.

Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:26 PM #10 of 62
Favorite asian foods??? everything!!!! haha I love everything about asian food, any country would be fine too because everything basically looks and tastes the same (they're just called different names, but the ingredients are virtually the same...even the added MSG) haha.

Most amazing jew boots
Signature removed by the board of directors
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 08:32 PM #11 of 62
Originally Posted by Battle_CRY
Favorite asian foods??? everything!!!! haha I love everything about asian food, any country would be fine too because everything basically looks and tastes the same (they're just called different names, but the ingredients are virtually the same...even the added MSG) haha.
Wrong.

Anyhow, I prefer Chinese food out of Asian cuisine. I'm not sure why, really. I've tried Japanese and Thai cooking but I never really liked it much. Could just be where I've eaten. I like a lot of Indian food. There's a Sri Lankan restaurant in my city which is excellent.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 11:44 PM #12 of 62
Originally Posted by Battle_CRY
What exactly are you eating?

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 04:59 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 07:59 PM #13 of 62
I loves me some Mongolian beef or honey chicken whenever I have chinese, though I have to watch the honey chicken or there isn't any left. Oh and I've been known to have a spring roll or fried dim sim on occasion.

Rachelle
Syklis Green

Member 2670

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:18 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 12:18 AM #14 of 62
I guess mine's malaysian foods... which is essentially a mix of chinese, malay, indian and others stuff all together... since that's what I basically grew up with... i like my food spicy hot and sometimes.. pungent since I can't think of a better word for it... and recently korean.... I've had some homemade kimchi and it's like love at first taste... my friend's mum is a really good cook and that might explain why.... Thai is really good too.... but I can't bring myself to eat much japanese though... i find it a bit bland somehow

pisscart deluxe

Member 5656

Level 9.10

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:04 AM #15 of 62
Thousand year old eggs and durian.

How ya doing, buddy?
Calculusaurus
hello

Member 783

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 09:55 PM #16 of 62
I'll have to go with sushi here.

But I also love a good pad-thai dish, or perhaps a paneer dish from India. Yum.

Most amazing jew boots
Calculusaurus
hello

Member 783

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:25 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 12:25 AM #17 of 62
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
What kind of cheese is paneer made from, anyway?
I have no clue, but I thought it was tofu at first.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:42 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 03:12 PM #18 of 62
Yaki Soba, miso soup, wonton and egg drop soup, chicken fried rice, noodles and orange chicken!! yum! now you are making want to go downtown for dinner!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jin
Syklis Green

Member 383

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:38 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 10:38 AM #19 of 62
Kalbi and adobo. I actually like kalbi over teriyaki. Whenever we go to L&L's or Kona mix plate I always get kalbi in my mix plate. Adobo, I don't eat anybody's adobo but my grandfather's. His taste different from everyone else, I guess maybe because we use shoyu that's made in Hawaii. Hawaiian shoyu is much different than regular shoyu.

SunkistTheHedge
Good Chocobo

Member 624

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:04 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 07:04 PM #20 of 62
The only part about chinese food i like is ........ Egg Rolls but the rest no go

Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:31 PM #21 of 62
Back to the monosodium glutamate discussion in asian cuisine...alright don't bust my balls about it when I say asian foods taste the same, because they do basically have the same ingredients and the same flavor. Glutamate is commonly found in food that are composed primarily from protein sources. Foods and ingredients that contain glutamate as an inherent component are not required to list glutamate on the label, so whether you think you're eating monosodium glutamate might not be inherent to your knowledge....but it can actually be found in tomatoes, cheeses, meats, hydrolyzed protein products such as soy sauce and tofu.

And I do eat americanized asian food but trust me...I'm filipino, my 2 best friends are korean and taiwanese....and both their families use MSG in atleast one of their meals, as well as my parents, so if you think that it's not used then you're wrong. The use of an umbrella term "Asian cuisine" disguises the immense variation in the cuisines of the countries and ethnic groups in Asia, however by calling it "Asian cuisine" then there is some similarities between the foods (geographically, staples and food production in Asia accounts for alot of the same taste because of the location). When I say it tastes the same I mean that, alot of the stuff I eat at other homes taste like the food I eat at my own, and I addressed this question in a very general manner. Oh yea and paneer is like mozarella(sp) I think, but without the salt.

Signature removed by the board of directors
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 06:51 AM #22 of 62
I love the home cooked chinese food I eat over at my inlaws home. Some of the stuff I didn't really care for at first, like some of their veggies because they have a bitter taste to them, but I do love how they cook lettuce. The barbaque pork ribs are awsome too, there are a couple of ways they cook them (only one way will you find in any restraunt) but they are all great. Sadly though I don't know what they call all the stuff they make.

Who has ever had Chinese sausage? Kind of bland compared to other sausages I have had but goes well with rice. Yams leaf is real tasty boiled with shrimp.

There is a place in town that cooks the best Kung Poa Chicken. Almost as good as the stuff I get at home. Also Green Thai Curry is some pretty good stuff over a large bowl of rice. Pho noodle soup and fried pho noodles are both really tasty with the right sauce.

Battle_CRY, try not to get all butt hurt over the ignorance of most people in regards to other cultures. It is sort of like trying to fight stupidity.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 03:53 PM #23 of 62
Filipino food for the win.

Adobo. Enough said. I also enjoy other Filipino dishes and desserts, such as menudo, pancit, tocino, longaniza, halo-halo, lechon, puto, and lumpia.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 11:22 AM #24 of 62
Lumpia is from filipina? I thought that was from China.

Most amazing jew boots
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:15 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 11:15 AM #25 of 62
Originally Posted by eriol
Lumpia is from filipina? I thought that was from China.
It's a Filipino food, and the concept was introduced by China, I believe. The ingredients and style of lumpia are different now.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Your favorite asian foods?