Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Aliens VERSUS Predators 2.......WHAT?!!!!

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 04:02 AM #1 of 30
Aliens VERSUS Predators 2.......WHAT?!!!!

Aw man, I'm still scarred from the first one; I made a pact with a few friends, 'this film never existed'.

But here is Fox and Anderson back for 'Crap-tastic Sequel Time'!

Here's the Script Review from AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23106

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by SketchTheArtist; Apr 26, 2006 at 01:39 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 02:53 AM #2 of 30
I've known about this for a few days at least, only reason I didn't post anything because there wasn't nothing but an article saying it announced.

I found the first one to be pretty decent. I don't know why people trashed it to hell and back. Sure it made no sense to rate a crossover movie that both franchises have all their movies rated R, but overall it was actually a decent film.

I'm looking forward to AvP2

There's nowhere I can't reach.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:06 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 01:06 AM #3 of 30
Originally Posted by dagget
I've known about this for a few days at least, only reason I didn't post anything because there wasn't nothing but an article saying it announced.

I found the first one to be pretty decent. I don't know why people trashed it to hell and back. Sure it made no sense to rate a crossover movie that both franchises have all their movies rated R, but overall it was actually a decent film.

I'm looking forward to AvP2

Here's why I trash it. First, it isn't rated R! Second, there are too many humans in it, or rather humans who are worthless. Third, none of the characters matter. Fourth, it takes place on modern day earth. And finally , it comepletely ass fucks the continuity of the Predator and Alien franchises!

If they had at least put it on a colony planet in the future, it would've been marginally better. This AVP2 script doesn't hold alot of promise and I sure as hell am not going to see it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 05:37 AM #4 of 30
Oh yes you will =p

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 06:45 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 11:45 AM #5 of 30
Ah yes, I read that AICN piece. Sounds like an absolutely terrible prospect of cinema, one I shall avoid like the plague (certainly after the atrocity that was AvP1).

I was speaking idiomatically.
kisame
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5616

Level 1.73

Apr 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 06:54 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 09:24 PM #6 of 30
When AVP was coming out i was quite excited about the whole alien and predator thing. The movie wasnt much of a letdown either. If i get free time i might see it...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:05 AM #7 of 30
I'd rather see a new Alien movie than another AvP movie. Sure, the newer Alien movies aren't very good either, but I'd still rather see a new one, hopefully this time with a Prae like in the games : /

AvP had lots of potential, but they managed to blow it by a) letting the Predators win (Not that I hate Preds by the way. I just like Aliens more), b) putting in humans whom nobody gave a damn about, and definitely c) the whole 'girl holding hands with Predator' thing. That was just ugh.

The games are better than the movie.

FELIPE NO

stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 10:26 AM #8 of 30
I liked the first AVP movie. Am not a big fan of the director though. That being said I will still most likely go see the sequel.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:33 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 11:33 AM #9 of 30
Whatever. This movie will never beat my Movie in the Box Office.

AVP

VS.

Alien Versus Poppins.

In the end, it's all just Chim Chim Cheree.

Last edited by vuigun; Apr 25, 2006 at 01:58 PM.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 03:07 PM #10 of 30
"Whoever Wins...We Lose."

Talk about lying to the audience.

Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 07:09 PM #11 of 30
I wonder who's more to blame, Paul Anderson for being among the worst filmmakers of our time, or those slimey Fox executives who constantly favor cheap cash-in stragedies over artistic expression.

Most amazing jew boots
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:11 PM #12 of 30
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
Here's why I trash it. First, it isn't rated R! Second, there are too many humans in it, or rather humans who are worthless. Third, none of the characters matter. Fourth, it takes place on modern day earth. And finally , it comepletely ass fucks the continuity of the Predator and Alien franchises!

If they had at least put it on a colony planet in the future, it would've been marginally better. This AVP2 script doesn't hold alot of promise and I sure as hell am not going to see it.
So let me get this straight, you trash a movie thats not rated R? So any movie thats pg-13 or below has to suck right? I bet because you enjoy mass blood and foul language and require that in a movie. What are you , 12? Second, you need worthless humans to be killed. Look at the first Predator movie, how many in the commando unit were worthless and only served the purpose of dying?

I agree with dagget, the movie wasnt as great as either Alien or Predator movies but how can you expect it to be? I would much rather watch this movie then some lame overrated movie ... ie) Napoleon Dynamite, Sideways, etc.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 01:32 PM #13 of 30
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
AvP had lots of potential, but they managed to blow it by a) letting the Predators win
In the predator series, during one of the shots inside the predator ship, you can see an alien skull hung as a trophy. They hunted the aliens for SPORT. Why wouldn't they win?

That said, I've never seen AvP and don't intend to, so perhaps there are extenuating circumstances, or something.

Originally Posted by Knighthawk
So let me get this straight, you trash a movie thats not rated R? So any movie thats pg-13 or below has to suck right? I bet because you enjoy mass blood and foul language and require that in a movie. What are you , 12? Second, you need worthless humans to be killed. Look at the first Predator movie, how many in the commando unit were worthless and only served the purpose of dying?

I agree with dagget, the movie wasnt as great as either Alien or Predator movies but how can you expect it to be? I would much rather watch this movie then some lame overrated movie ... ie) Napoleon Dynamite, Sideways, etc.
The rating matters because when the source material has a mature rating (ie: the Alien movies and Predator movies) to have anything less in a subsequent sequel or crossover is just going to water down the imagery that an audience has come to expect. It has nothing to do with movies requiring a certain rating to be entertaining, but with staying true to the artistic vision of the original films.

Last edited by Little Brenty Brent Brent; Apr 25, 2006 at 03:37 PM.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:34 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 05:34 PM #14 of 30
Predators were friggin' sissies in the first one. Also, that 'buddy cop' movie part made me cringe.

Most amazing jew boots
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:35 PM #15 of 30
I don't think he meant that any move that's below R sucks, it's simply that if you make a movie about two races of integalactic killing machines going to war with each other, there's going to be blood and guts.

FELIPE NO
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 03:49 PM #16 of 30
LOL, if what's on that other website is the script, it sounds horrible. At least in the first AvP it was set in a remote area (although you have to throw out logic to wonder why there's a pyramid under a mile of ice, meaning the pyramid had to of been built around the time of the dinosaurs lol). The fact that they're now putting aliens on earth, near what's probably going to end up being a redneck town (imagine the scenes where a buncha cowboys start shooting at the aliens in their pickups as they do drive-bys lol) just makes it seem worse.

It really does make you wonder if Hollywood ran out of good ideas. Heck, even the AvP games had a better storyline (and the fact that you can play aliens, predators, and humans, all with their own unique, semi-related storylines, makes it cooler) than this.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:57 PM #17 of 30
I like how they go from an elite expeditionary unit to a bunch of redneck cowboys from Texas.

::chestburster flies out of pizza pie::

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 02:14 PM #18 of 30
The simple solution to this is get AvP2 (the PC game). It has a great story and great gameplay. We can all pretend that the game is the movie and we'll not bitch about this announcement. Really though, who cares that they're making a crap sequel? It's not like we're forced to watch it.
AvP 2 for the PC, it has chewy goodness with no aftertaste.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 04:54 PM #19 of 30
Originally Posted by Brent
In the predator series, during one of the shots inside the predator ship, you can see an alien skull hung as a trophy. They hunted the aliens for SPORT. Why wouldn't they win?
I thought that Alien skull was only put in there as an in-joke to fans and not something that is actually relevant to the plot? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Although Predators are stealthy and has tons of destructive gadgets, aliens are also stealthy and very strong, and I'm sure a pack of them could kill Predators easily. It's like lions and hyenas. A male lion can kill a hyena easily, but several hyenas can kill a lion.

Most amazing jew boots
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 11:24 PM #20 of 30
Originally Posted by Knighthawk

A couple other members answered for me, yes it's because of the source material which were all rated R. Trust me, a rating doesn't make a good movie, however it can make one more entertaining. AVP was neutered. It had its balls ripped off, and would've been highly entertaining with an R rating.

With the first Predator they at least showed some semblance of comradery regardless of how primitive it was. When Blain was killed by the predator, Mac just went beserk. And these guys are hardened killers and to be spooked by something leaves you on some sort of edge. Because the movie was so simple it worked.

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:01 PM #21 of 30
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
"Whoever Wins...We Lose."

Talk about lying to the audience.
That depends whether you're talking about the audience or the producers when you say "we."

And yeah, the predators sucked in the first one. The whole movie should have been like it showed at the start, with 3 predators kicking alien ass on the pyramids. A predator shouldn't go down unless theres at least a dozen aliens on him at a time.

Also, with the alien queen;
Spoiler:
If an alien can live in space, I don't see why being dropped into the ocean is going to be a problem. They can swim underwater, withstand cold and don't need to breathe air. It should have swum back up and kicked their asses.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:55 PM #22 of 30
The first one was a good popcorn movie. Nothing more. I'll probably see this.

How ya doing, buddy?

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:59 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 09:59 AM #23 of 30
Nobody went to go see my movie

Alien Versus Poppins surprisingly flopped. What is the world coming to when you can't get people to watch a crappy movie.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:28 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 12:28 PM #24 of 30
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
But here is Fox and Anderson back for 'Carp-tastic Sequel Time'!
Am i the only one who noticed this?

Um yeah, anyways, the first one sucked. I rented it, but i didn't even finish watching it. I can't imagine a sequel will be much better.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Helloween; Apr 26, 2006 at 01:45 PM.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:41 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:41 PM #25 of 30
Originally Posted by Helloween
Am i the only one who niticed this?
Yeah, you're the only one.

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Aliens VERSUS Predators 2.......WHAT?!!!!