Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:05 PM #26 of 352
What to do when you have a nasty migraine that isn't going anywhere? Watch bad movies.

Lost Boys: The Thirst - LOL. Corey Haim being Corey Haim. Its not that bad.

Apartment 1303 - Asian horror.

Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball - LMAO, shitty sequel doesn't surprise me.

Season of the Witch - Nic Cage~! Still I <3 Ron Perlman though. This movie isn't that bad, I liked the CGI effects at least.

The Ward - Meh. Shutter Island does it so much better.

Dial M for Murder - Its alright classic.

You Again - Still <3 Kristen Bell. Curtis can do better though. Weaver is great in this albeit small part but still.

The Graduate - LMAO now I finally get the following: Mrs Robertson quotes and Wayne's World's wedding crash bit. xD Hilarious stuff here. Early day Dustin Hoffman was totally giving me that Risky Business Tom Cruise vibe too.

Wonderful World - Broderick, I can't hate him, I still like some of his stuff. This one is pretty good for a mild melancholia movie.

The Red Balloon - Utterly fantastic. I've seen this before but not in its entirety. Still <3.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:09 AM #27 of 352
Homecoming - Mischa Barton was great in this. I was pleasantly surprised since I saw her last in The O.C. show. It took on a Stephen King's Misery go about it and it was pretty decent for today standards. I didn't like the lead very much though.

Green Zone - Matt Damon in another Bourne type of movie?... Not quite. This movie pretty much informed me how badly the search for WMDs part went. I wanted to like this movie but meh.

The Stepfather - Dylan Walsh was great, but the rest of the cast not so much.

2012 - LOL, awesome impossible CGI visuals for such depressing apoc movie. John Cuscack always wins the moment lmao. And I couldn't finish because the dvd was scratched to hell halfway in.

Antichrist - Disappointed by the abrupt cut off of 2012, I went to Instant and watched for some insane shit. This movie served me quite well in that regard in beautiful visuals, excellent symbolism, excellent cinematography, and excellent sets. LOL holy shit man. I actually read the synopsis for this and still don't quite get it but it doesn't matter, I still love how crisp clear the dick/clit shots were and how awesome William Dafoe is for this. <3

Red State - While I was just coming down from the awesomeness of Antichrist, I wanted something more gory. This movie wasn't it lol, the cover isn't a good judge I know. Kevin Smith directing it was a second tip off that it won't serve me what I wanted. But in the end, I got some bizarre horror/thriller wannabe... I still dunno what to make of this movie but kudos for Kevin for trying out the genre. The ending reminds me so much of Coen's Burn After Reading. Is it a ripoff or a form of fanservice? o.O' John Goodman cast in this was a surprise.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Philia; Jan 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:44 AM #28 of 352
Awesome, I tend to not put a whole lot of faith in remakes. I'll be sure to queue this then.

Also. Freeway was fucking awesome. It was my first movie to see Reese Witherspoon in, and it took on a Red Riding Hood twist so god damn well. Despite of it being a decade old, I still remember it well. Keifer Sutherland made it good too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:02 PM #29 of 352
Lots of middling movies with quite low expectations. A couple of surprises though.

Edge of Darkness - Seeing him in this one reminds me why I liked him in Lethal Weapon series. But yes, gosh he've gotten old. The father/daughter bits were precious though.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - LOL. Okay, couple of things. I had the sound off, so its not as offensive as it is visually. Secondly, I played Professor Layton somewhat in mostly of the second half of it. IE, also I went to the bathroom once and got something out of the kitchen once without pausing this movie. I knew not to care too much really and of course its pretty laughable. But it wasn't as OFFENSIVE as say the Happening which is still regarded as the worst (offending movie) I've seen despite of knowing to the fact that they're both shit beforehand.

Angels & Demons - I still like Tom Hanks. The premise in this one is... eh.

The Proposal - Still like Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. But she's just fucking awful in this one though. They totally lacked chemistry and couldn't save this movie really.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Omagnus recommendation and a very colorful surprise this is! <3 If you like zangy pixar landscape and characters, I can highly recommend this one.

Whip It - Liked Ellen Page, was recommended this one. Hardin in this one was great too. The whole bit of small town girl growing out of her shell is nice if a bit tired but the interactions with the other roller girls were great. Barrymore knows what she's doing here. Hope to see her directing stuff more.

A Serious Man - Interesting quirky movie. A very indepth and yet dry humorous look of a jewish family man trying to balance his teaching career, father, husband, brother and even neighbor and finally from his moral choices with God.

Jennifer's Body - LOL Megan Fox! She's just stupidly delicious in this one like in Transformers. But yet somehow, this movie took on a dark comedic yet campy twist instead of horror and in a way, it served this movie so much better.

Orphan - A nice surprise at the end but weighted down by other stuff. I liked the twist actually, in a way I sort of saw it coming but to see how it was made into it was pretty good. But, THAT cast though. The female lead (the mom) fucking suck. The whole deaf little girl knowing what to do is beyond stupid too.

The Last House on the Left - Took me a minute to not confuse this with The Strangers or House of the Devil which I liked so much. This one is uh... interesting, but can be done better... But yeah, its just not that memorable enough for me to care about the cast or the plot even now.

Sorority Row - LOL, I got no defense on this one, hell you may castrate me on this one. I like dumb horror flicks. But this one was pretty bad to the point to where I did felt like I wasted my time on.

Secretariat - Viewed on Instant. I randomly wanted a feel good movie with animal(s) and this movie fits the bill about lucky horse. Diane Lane was great in this one.

Bully - On Instant, random. I thought I had this on queue before since the premise sounds interesting and I liked "the bully" before in other stuff he've done. Can't remember his name off hand. But this movie was hamfisted to the point to where it was more of a PSA to teens to NOT DO, specifically AFTER the murder. The movie then just sucked.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2012, 07:24 PM #30 of 352
Ooooh. I didn't know this was a remake of an old british movie. Thanks for the heads up!

It does explain a bit about how couple of things seemed culturally out of place. I'll watch this soon!

EDIT: Oh... err... a tv show series. o.o'

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Philia; Mar 8, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:51 PM #31 of 352
Another 72 hour migraine got me to be watching a boatload of movies on instant.

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant - This was a dvd rental and it was the absolute worst vampire movie I've ever freakin seen. It just doesn't deserve ANY notice after this. Avoid.

Daybreakers - This was my solution after CdF:TVA on instant and yet it was rather disappointing as well. :\ I liked the intro when it was all stylish and futuristic. But it really fall flat on everything else, like a hollow POS movie that was misleading in trailers. And I liked Ethan Hawke in most stuff I've seen him in.

Arang - Foreign horror

The Chameleon - Thought the premise was interesting, but the twist was something I saw coming a mile away. Still though, I ask myself why the fuck would you want to move to the Bayou Louisiana of all places.

Rabbit Hole - Liked the cast, interesting plot and definitely no fluff or bullshit lines, they all meant every word that was uttered and I liked this a lot. Nothing like pure honesty to bring this movie to the core of its premise. Definitely a good movie to reflect on when you lose a child to an accident for every unfortunate parent.

Lucky - I liked Colin Hanks in a few stuff I've seen him in. However, this one has an extremely annoying cast female lead that I didn't like very much. But this movie did well on giving the tone of how a messed up relationship can still thrive. A gold digger vs a serial killer who's victim's ticket won the lotto? XD

Trollhunter - Thought the premise would be interesting. The trolls CGI effects themselves pretty much made this movie worth watching. But everything else seemed pretty added on in a lame "yeahhhhh" way.

The Housemaid - Random, reminds me of how fucked up every rich family drama is, and the maid just happens to be one of its victims lol. Still love/remember House of Yes though lmao.

I Saw the Devil - Interesting revenge plot. But its not as fulfilling (as it shouldn't be anyway regarding any revenge in general). Good strong cast though.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - LOL! BEST horror comedy I've seen in fucking years. OMG. A++++++++++++++++++++ I'm a huge fan of Alan Tudyk's stuff. He delivers in this one with his buddy. This movie really was incredibly satisfying in taking back all the bullshit hillbilly horror movies and turns those fuckers around. I don't care if its very OBVIOUS placement of deaths but still its awesome!

Insidious - This one started off pretty slow. But when it gets into it, its pretty good. The bit about astral projection and coming out of there was definitely haunting in a dream like way. Its very similar to my nightmares so I give this movie a better rating than it probably deserves.

Black Death - Sean Bean! But unfortunately, he's NOT the lead. The naive witless feeble young monk is. If you have seen Season of the Witch, you'll notice some similarities to this one. However, the middle half and the ending are very different, and it served a lesson not of how one's eyes deceives you but your own mind can. There's no witchcraft here, just a very very intelligent woman with a cunning motive.

Heathers - LOL I've seen this before and it was pretty memorable enough like Clueless. Although this is probably one of the vicious 80s movies I can't hate. Christian Slater though lmao.

I also started watching a show called Fear Itself which takes on episodic tales of horror. I was a fan of Creepshow and Tales of the Crypt. So far, the episodes, Eater, Sacrifice and In Sickness and ... were all alright worth enough for me to subscribe to this.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:13 PM #32 of 352
had annoying waving things into the screen all the time as it was probably made for 3d.

Neeeaaaaahhhhhh, how gross. I'll keep this in mind when I go rent this possible POS.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:53 PM #33 of 352
Love everyone's posts here.

I've queued a bunch since I was sort of MIA for several months on movies front. I'm really hate IMDB's archive system, its just a mess. Do anyone know where I can go for movie titles that shows up for screening anywhere going back for a year or 6 months at least? With it a small blurb of its plot?

Alrighty... here comes the massive text dump. Starting with Instant!

Instant:

I Love You Phillip Morris - Such a fantastic movie. I personally love the characters and their love towards to each other. The very first few scenes of them together for the first time was memorable and was some of the best love scenes I've ever seen. Jim Carrey wasn't bad but Ewan was awesome. <3

Thirst - Not stylish as I'd expect though. I think its the poster that kept giving me a vampiric stylish vibe or something. But yeah, go in expecting like any messed up character driven plot asian films and you'll love this one.

Melancholia - Lars blew me away in this one. I must comment on his intro. I thought it was brilliant, glossing over the previews with the feel of scenes in slowmo you'll see later on but with actual graphical additions. I love it, and I still hate Kristen Dunst lol. I thought Kiefer Sutherland was a bit of a miscast. But I love the concept here and the ending was the way I wanted it.

The Howling Reborn - I was a fan of the Howling horror series as a kid. The lead actor here is an unknown but he definitely worked really well for this movie and I loved him for it. The movie did very well with him, but the rest I can't really comment other than 'blah'. I suppose this movie did a good job on a low budget. I still am adoring that actor. He has this Harry Potter/Tom Cruise in Legend thing going on and he was just cute.

Wrecked - I'm a fan of Adrien Brody and this movie did a fantastic job on being minimalist regarding the environment of being stuck in the car in the woods for days.

Drive - Still love Ryan Gosling and LeHah's right, this guy is STILL that disney kid and too raw with style to be dented with any sort of dirt on his gorgeous face. xD Nonetheless though, I really enjoyed this movie and liked the female lead a lot more than I expected.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Random, surprised to see the cast after reading the premise. Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce? The movie started out pretty slow at first (well AFTER the intro of course) but the rest were pretty decent. The little girl isn't bad but LOL and <3 the ending.

The Caller - Interesting, I went in without reading the premise some more and realized this is a fantastic time twist sort of movie. I repeat, its NOT a time travel movie but with time in a twist. There was another movie I watched that shared the similar concept where two individuals reach each other across spans of time and eventually meet up with each other at the end. Except this one is pure horror related. Extra plus for that, and that actress has such fantastic hair. :jelly:

Severance - Hilarious yuppies meet rugged people in the woods sort of horror. Its great for the special effects for sure.

Carved: The Slit Mouthed Woman - Yeah, asian horror. :sheepish:

Tokyo Gore Police - I saw a gif of a character scene and thought this would be a good fucked up watch. And it was much more fucked up than I've expected. Its not really gory than its bloody lol. Think spraying hose bloody lmao. Absolutely loved this!

Shutter - Asian Horror, I'm still flip flopping on which one is better, this or the remake.

The Horde - Interesting set up, cops and bad guys in a high rise surrounded by the undead.

Kick-Ass - Absolutely adore this movie. The little girl killing bad guys was a little unnerving lol.

The Fighter - Christian Bale lost weight in this and played his part so well, I was impressed thinking, yeah he's white trash. Still think Marty should just go back to boy band. He's still a paper cut character. :\

True Grit - Jeff Bridges is still fantastic. I liked the young girl lead very much. Matt Damon was alright.

Muoi: the Legend of a Portrait - Asian Horror

The Babysitters - High school girls using the service to really serve men in bed lol. The plot wasn't bad showing the depth of involvement.

The Girlfriend Experience - Its interesting, the leads are gorgeous too lol.

Edison Force - Well. This movie did suck.

Under Suspicion - Another one with Morgan Freeman. This one kinda... sucked too.

The Next Three Days - That title... it can be better. Russell Crowe did well in this, kicking ass to get his wife out of prison.

Trust - LOL, that cunt went out with the old dude. Even I'd stay the fuck away. All I thought was she deserved for how stupid she was. Anyway, what Clive Owen said at the end to her was decent enough of an ending. I liked that they didn't provide finding the guy and then kicking ass part or whatever. But rather how the family can cope instead.

The Man from Nowhere - Pretty awesome, all I kept thinking about was how awesome Leon the Professional was. If you're a fan of that movie, I can recommend this one.

Have enough? NOPE. Here's some more, from dvd rentals and owned dvds.
Dvds:

Sucker Punch - This movie is fucking fantastic. I don't care that its overstylized or overly sexual or overly imaginative. I just liked the girls kicking some god damn ass. Jena Malone is still a huge favorite of mine. God she was rocking that awesome haircut.

Legion - LOL. Terrible. I'd go watch the Prophecy again.

The Town - Still a huge fan of Jermey Renner, Ben Affleck NOT SO MUCH. But his direction is pretty good. I liked the heists and the idea of bank robbers being a family business.

Easy A - Emma Stone is going to be on my must watch list now. She's adorable in this movie. I liked that it started out as a teen movie, but the there's several layers to this plot going on afterwards and made it much more interesting to watch.

Catfish - LOL. People kept saying they saw that coming a mile away wasn't kidding. But I must add that I liked that they kept up with it and expanded a whole lot more in depth about her and her family. In short, the dad's quote at the end about catfish was incredibly fitting and almost concluded the movie on a successful note for me.

Black Swan - I kept hearing rave reviews and I finally got this to watch. The movie did NOT disappoint, especially after knowing how spectacular Requiem of a Dream was for me. Fantastic everything.

The Contract - Morgan Freeman and John Cuscack lol. Its so and so.

Australia - Lots of aussies acting in here! <3 this movie. Finally see a movie that talked about Aboriginals finally.

Boy A - Interesting inside look of a guy being released into the public after a widely publicized brutal murder he did as a kid. I liked it a lot because the lead was a good cast, I thought.

The Maiden Heist - Can't ignore Morgan Freeman, William Macy, or Christopher Walken in the same room lol. Its not bad.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Fantastic. Excellent cast, excellent sets, excellent dialogue, great direction.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Philia; Jul 12, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:43 PM #34 of 352
I'm so glad to see my thread is still alive lmao. Meanwhile I got a lot of movies catching up to do.

I finally fucking saw Apocalypse Now. I've not seen a lot of Martin Sheen in his prime, but if this movie was it for him, he's great. Definitely not like I've seen him before.

Now I have a question for some of you, Netflix Instant is ALSO showing Apocalypse Now Redux and I noticed there's like an extra hour or so on there so I'm asking if I should watch this too for the extra content. I'm generally not a fan of war movies, but the acting from Sheen and Brando were great.

I also finished American Horror Story... its... like an episode of LawNOrder's Special Victims Unit rape baby stretched into a season but in a ghost edition. Its hilarious and Jerry Springer cringeworthy plot. I do like the cast though, they were all great, especially Jessica Lange and the guy who played Tate.

Last edited by Philia; Dec 7, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:18 AM #35 of 352
LOL wvlf, I've included anime in here before. No worries!

I got a backlog I should put in here but I'll just put in a notable one we watched last night.

Black Dynamite is hilarious for the first 45 mins or so but the plot just kinda... faltered and ran on fumes when it started to go a little nutty with unnecessary deviations. Regardless, we laughed for a bit. Stupid fun mostly, great 70s throwback sets and costumes. Even got Arsenio Hall whom I've NOT seen in years.

Last edited by Philia; Feb 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2013, 08:33 PM #36 of 352
Some of you already seen this post on my facebook, but I just got done watching Grabbers on Netflix Instant and its great monster movie. :3

Quote:
Residents of an Irish island must get very drunk to survive attack by alien monsters who can't tolerate a high blood alcohol level in their victims.
Who wouldn't want to watch it after reading that lol. It was unexpectedly enjoyable watch. :3

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2013, 01:12 PM #37 of 352
The Whistleblower with Rachel Weisz was engaging enough to scare the shit out of me into traveling abroad.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2014, 05:52 PM #38 of 352
Holy crap, there IS a Die Hard 5? Mannnn.

A Good Day To Die Hard - Rotten Tomatoes

Looks like I was better off NOT EVEN KNOWING about this POS movie. o.o' Is Bruno that hard up for money?

ALSO <3 your new kitties in your sig!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:36 PM #39 of 352
The Watchmen, that ending... which do you guys prefer? The graphic novel or the movie? I've read a few reviews about the differences and some people say that the movie ending made more sense while the graphic novel suffered a delay from the last book and left everyone confused or something.

Meanwhile Ozzie doesn't remorseful in the movie while he does in the comic book and Dr Manhattan hammers it down that his awful "solution" was in reality only temporary.

Wrong, a fantastic movie by the same director who did Rubber, it about a man who lost his dog. Wrong was "wrong" in all kinds of hilarious scenarios but never mind that, I absolutely adore the pacing in this and the quirky characters. I highly recommend it for an unusual directorial setup.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Philia; Jan 13, 2014 at 02:20 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2014, 08:18 PM #40 of 352
I finally saw District 9.

I remember there was some fuss about this movie but I avoided it for spoilers. So naturally I went over to Dave's journal to see his review/take on it. Lot of his complaints I can agree with but his comment section says otherwise. Which I find interesting and then Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a 82% rating from the audience...

My first thought was... did we just watch the same movie? Its weird. Its like depending on what we're wanting from this movie, it'll be just that.

I don't hate it or anything, just mostly confused at the director's direction with this movie exactly. If he was doing a parallel on segregation, there can be less distractions and messy direction. Also someone counted 130 "fuck"s in this movie.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:47 PM #41 of 352
I saw Star Trek too (Into Darkness is queued). The movie served well for fan service alright. I don't like the kid and the car bit though, that was unnecessarily padded on.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2014, 03:45 PM #42 of 352
Speaking of lovable RDJ, I saw him in Sherlock Holmes. Absolutely loved it. I also appreciate Jude Law and Rachel McAdams.

I also saw Avatar finally. What a movie that was. I enjoyed it but I still... don't like Sam Worthington... which is weird, I actually liked his performance in Salvation but in this one, not so much. Sigourney is great and Stephan Lang was more impressive than SW.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2014, 04:14 PM #43 of 352
When you watched Avatar, did you manage to work out how the destroyed spaceship thing crashing into the giant tree wouldn't have done as much damage as the bomb they were going to drop on it? God damn that film has some massive plot holes in it.

Anyway, we also watched Byzantium over the weekend which is a vampire film in a similar vein to Let The Right One In, in that it's a film about people who happen to be vampires rather than being a vampire film. It was really good actually, definitely worth a watch.
Oh damn. You're right. That WAS pretty dumb. Soul tree was only a fraction of Hometree. DERP. They could had just shot at it or napalm it. Yeah.

Thanks for the review on Byzantium! I'm a fan of nonstylish vampire flicks. The Hamiltons was great in this regard.

Oh yeah, I finally saw Mum and Dad at your recommendation a while back (its up on instant). One word. Gross.

Last edited by Philia; Jan 27, 2014 at 04:16 PM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:31 AM #44 of 352
I saw Dogtooth.

What

the

fuck.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:19 PM #45 of 352
Just watched Filth, the Irvine Welsh adaptation. I got drunk off this film. Seriously swallowed whole and spat out. Not the most comfortable thing you will watch for sure. Goddamn that was great. James McAvoy was just incredible. Also love me a cheeky bit of surreal nutcase style Jim Broadbent.
Awesome, I love James McAvoy in Atonement and Wanted. Thanks for the mini review on this, queuing this.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:29 AM #46 of 352
Its still so fucking weird that Matt is from my hometown. Glad he's getting better work though. He was in terrible rom-com phase for a while there. But yeah, I'll watch this show whenever it hits instant.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:49 AM #47 of 352
Oooh, queuing Prisoners. Thanks for the mention!

I have to look up what I've watched recently on Netflix shipping activity. I forgot to rate several too. That should tell you that I've not watched anything that mind blowing yet.

I did see the following though to make an mention in here.

Despicable Me
, cute, not too crazy but its cute.

21 Jump Street, lmao, I've not seen the show that Depp was in, but this movie is a great follow-up on that I think. It gets even better when you have a surprise guest star in it. James and I enjoyed this, and Jonah Hill definitely slim(shady) down in this movie lol.

The Raid: Redemption
- James told me that this was recommended all over on GAF regarding martial arts movies to watch for. Reviews weren't kidding, this is the best hard hitting martial arts I've seen recently. (Bruce Lee movies still reigns king.) What threw me off was that this movie was made in Indonesia, which is neat addition of foreign movies I've seen. The poster didn't seem to indicate that at all, and that's a good thing. Usually foreign posters were terribad.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2014, 02:36 PM #48 of 352
Agreed on Innkeepers. Its an adorable little movie with horror/comedy/quaint elements to it. Caught me by surprise to be honest. I kept expecting it to be a prank from her friend.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:32 PM #49 of 352
I saw Snowpiercer on Netflix Instant and I have to say... holy shit. There's flaws but yet I really like this movie. It'll stay home with me for sure for a long time.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:09 AM #50 of 352
Keeping up with the trend of watching one movie per a night, I finally saw Wolf on Wall Street. I thought it was... hilarious and alright. But I gotta say, Jonah Hill really fucking shone in this movie. He was the BEST WASP I have ever seen.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?