Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

dxdiag hardware sound acceleration question

Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 10:19 PM #1 of 3
dxdiag hardware sound acceleration question

When I go to run->dxdiag the hardware acceleration in the sound options is set to full. My sound card doesn't support hardware acceleration, so does putting this setting to no acceleration (sliding it all the way to the left) have any effect (i.e. are sound cards without hardware acceleration capabilites not able to utilize this option)? Is it a good idea to put it on no acceleration to avoid any conflicts or should I enable some amount of acceleration?

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2006, 07:39 AM #2 of 3
Uh, how are you coming to the conclusion that your sound card doesn't support hardware acceleration?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2006, 12:08 AM #3 of 3
I have a creative audigy SE (even if I try to use hardware acceleration, it doesn't work; in battlefield 2 I hear constant cracking noises if I enable hardware acceleration and in ut2004 all the weapons sound weird if I enable it).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > dxdiag hardware sound acceleration question