Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Windows XP Pro SP2 and Hardware Installation

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:35 AM #1 of 4
Windows XP Pro SP2 and Hardware Installation

I'm getting really annoyed because Windows is being stupid. I bought a sound card (I think it's the Chaintech AV710) and hooked it up, downloaded and installed the drivers. My motherboard has a built in sound card, which is what I used to use for sound. Windows will not stop asking me to install drivers for new hardware. It doesn't make any sense. How do I get Windows to stop asking me to install the hardware every time I boot up?

Most amazing jew boots

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2006, 12:28 PM #2 of 4
Did you disable your onboard sound in the BIOS?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:50 PM #3 of 4
Did you disable your onboard sound in the BIOS?
Umm... no? How do I do that?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Digital_Divider
because bastard operators from hell get all the ladies.

Member 8324

Level 6.27

Jun 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:46 PM #4 of 4
usually you have to hit f1, del or something like that when your computer first starts up. this brings you to BIOS options. usually sound will be located on a option called 'integrated peripherals' or something along the same lines. find your onboard sound and disable it there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I am myself. You can't change me. I am who I am.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Windows XP Pro SP2 and Hardware Installation