Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hooverphonic

Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:41 PM #1 of 15
[/RIGHT]

Last edited by Jan; Jun 8, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:15 PM #2 of 15
I've listened to Hooverphonic before, and I'm sure I have some MP3 albums lying around. However, none of the albums or song titles caught me enough to well, remember them

It would be nice if other fellow fans could enlight us so we can choose an album and tracks to start for.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:50 AM #3 of 15
I have one Hooverphonic album, Blue Wonder Power Milk (their second), which is excellent. I've heard some of their other stuff, and it hasn't grabbed me as much, but their sound certainly varies (for example, their first album had an entirely different vocalist). Check out the album I mentioned, if nothing else for the wacky title. If you like that, their third album The Magnificent Tree has some good stuff on it too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 06:30 PM #4 of 15
I'm a HUGE fan of Hooverphonic, which is arguably one of the best bands we have here in Belgium. They have an awesome sound, and with each new album they release, you discover new things about them. I actually made a thread about them on the old gff (unfortunately post-archive board), but as expected with a rather obscure group in the US, it was ignored. If anyone's interested, I'd love to put up some of their albums. As for your songs Jan:

Track 1 - Waves (The Magnificent Tree)
Track 2 - Human Interest (Presenting Jackie Cane)
Track 3 - Battersea (Blue Wonder Power Milk)
Track 4 - Jackie Cane (The Magnificent Tree)
Track 5 - Mad About You (The Magnificent Tree) My personal favourite btw
Track 6 - You Hurt Me (No More Sweet Music, their latest album)
Track 7 - 2 Wicky (A New Sterophonic Sound Spectacular)

Also Fox, they kicked out their first singer after the first two albums, and quickly replaced her with the current artist (Geike Arnaert).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:37 AM #5 of 15
Originally Posted by Enkidu
Also Fox, they kicked out their first singer after the first two albums, and quickly replaced her with the current artist (Geike Arnaert).
Wasn't their first singer just on the first album? It's definitely Geike singing on BWPM.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:49 PM #6 of 15
I'm a HUGE fan of Hooverphonic, which is arguably one of the best bands we have here in Belgium. They have an awesome sound, and with each new album they release, you discover new things about them. I actually made a thread about them on the old gff (unfortunately post-archive board), but as expected with a rather obscure group in the US, it was ignored. If anyone's interested, I'd love to put up some of their albums. As for your songs Jan:

Track 1 - Waves (The Magnificent Tree)
Track 2 - Human Interest (Presenting Jackie Cane)
Track 3 - Battersea (Blue Wonder Power Milk)
Track 4 - Jackie Cane (The Magnificent Tree)
Track 5 - Mad About You (The Magnificent Tree) My personal favourite btw
Track 6 - You Hurt Me (No More Sweet Music, their latest album)
Track 7 - 2 Wicky (A New Sterophonic Sound Spectacular)

Yo Enkidu, awesome! I appreciate those track names! Intertesing fact about the singer also which I didn't know about. I gotta hear more from them cause I've only heard about 12 songs.
I found them while searching for more stuff like the Gorillaz, I searched for "trip-hop" stuff and found them oddly enough.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
[/RIGHT]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:39 AM #7 of 15
Alucard had the Hooverphonic CD in his FTP, but it's down until August. Anyone else have it?

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:24 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 11:24 AM #8 of 15
I'll upload their albums on Megaupload, expect a link later. Thanks for the correction fox, I was confused since they started working with Liesje Sardonius on the second album, but they kicked her out half way, replacing her with Geike.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:54 PM #9 of 15
I'll upload their albums on Megaupload, expect a link later. Thanks for the correction fox, I was confused since they started working with Liesje Sardonius on the second album, but they kicked her out half way, replacing her with Geike.
So which is the singer in most of the songs that I posted? The first singer or second one?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[/RIGHT]
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:59 PM #10 of 15
"2 Wicky" should be the only one with Liesje singing.

edit: Yeah, definitely. I forgot how weird that song is. XD

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by the quiet fox; Jun 8, 2006 at 05:24 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:34 PM #11 of 15
I've always been a fan of this type of music, even though I don't quite know the exact name of the genre (trance? electronic? electronic trance?). Similar sounding artists that I'm fond of include Mono and Balligomingo. If anyone knows similar artists, post them here.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:54 PM #12 of 15
Bump, still waiting for that album to be uploaded.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:12 AM #13 of 15
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I've always been a fan of this type of music, even though I don't quite know the exact name of the genre (trance? electronic? electronic trance?)
Well I found them while searching for "trip-hop" type stuff.

I was speaking idiomatically.
[/RIGHT]
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:32 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 11:32 AM #14 of 15
Hooverphonic - More Sweet Music
This is their latest album, and one of their best ones in my opinion.

Hooverphonic - Sit Down And Listen To
This one doesn't have any new songs (except for the last one), but remixed older songs for a theater tour they did a few years ago. This is my absolute favourite, if only because it has the best version of Eden I've ever heard.

I'll upload more later on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:44 AM #15 of 15
Sweet, I'm gonna grab these when I get home from work. I'm especially interested to hear the reworked older stuff.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Hooverphonic