Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bottle caps and trash in the fucking sink

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 08:48 PM #26 of 41
In my apartment:

I'm the only one who ever washes all the dishes. I can't stand a dirty sink. I also do the vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning/mopping up the kitchen/bathroom often. I guess my mom just raised me well.

The trash bags often collect in the common area, and I do admit to being lazy to take it out. Usually I end up helping one of my roommates take it all out at some point (every other week or so).

So I pretty much just do all the housework in the apartment despite me having a much busier schedule than anyone else that lives here.

The last thing that ticks me off is thermostat control. My black roommate walks around in fourteen layers of clothing when its 80+ degrees outside and insists on keeping the heater on in the apartment. I've finally taken measures to jam the thermostat to airconditioning (BEHOLD THE POWER OF WAX AND MEDICAL TAPE). I've also put a sign "Swimming Pool" above it for scare tactics.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:19 PM #27 of 41
My big thing is people who use bread and leave the bread bad kinda half open or folded over, and the little twist tie either on the table or worse, on the floor. When I go to use bread, it's all stale or moldy. Freaking pisses me off when usually I'm the only one to buy bread.

I do love though how many of us are sitting silent when we've done the things bitched about in this thread and sit idly by and twiddle their thumbs,

Like the trash barrel thing, I've been guilty before.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

I have nothing clever to put here.
Robo Jesus
Your Mechanical Messiah

Member 1543

Level 15.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 12:46 AM #28 of 41
Originally Posted by NYRSkate
What kind of things around the house just piss you off to no end?
Walls. God damn walls.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus
Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 11:24 AM #29 of 41
I'm glad my sis' the one that's doing the dishes. ^^'

But let's see, I hate:
  • to see (And smell) a full garbage can.
  • when someone opens the window during winter.
  • when someone tells me to go to bed.
  • when someone come sinto my room and take something then tells me that 3 weeks later. ..>.>

That's about it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:07 AM #30 of 41
I have bad allergies and am extremely allergic to dust, so probably dust. I can't stand the sight of it, and I get a lot of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
qtipk
Salad.

Member 3081

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:38 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 02:38 AM #31 of 41
Since this thread has kind of turned in to a roommate complaint thread I'll take a stab:

I am the only person to take out the trash. I thought once, "You know what? I'll let it pile up until they take it out." It turned into a game to them to see how long it could pile up until I finally couldn't handle it anymore. Just last night my roommate just gets up, piss drunk, and pees in the trashcan, missing mostly.

My roommate can't sing, but he attempts. Loudly.

My roommate insists on freezing temperatures. I don't think it's unreasonable to have the room at room temperature. I hate waking up shivering.

They are loud. Is it unreasonable to want to go to sleep at 1:00AM on a wednesday night?! Wednesday is when they've started getting drunk down here at the end of the semester. The noise they make, oh Lord, the noise! They somehow get the entirety of my hall who's drunk at that hour in the room and start punching on the dressers. I wake up always.

In short, I'd rather disembowel myself than live in this room for one more day than I have to.

FELIPE NO
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:07 AM #32 of 41
I think the most annoying stuff around my places is my roommate. It's like a battle between north and south. I could say a lot more, but it mostly deals with personality rather than stuff (as I guess is the topic) so I have listed a few stuff that annoys me.

Originally Posted by Klondike
When my roommate and I get into a silent thermostat war.
I do the same exact thing with my roommate. I freeze if the temperature gets below 75°F and she thinks that -25°F is NOT COLD. Seriously, we were watching "Cool Runnings" and I saw the -25 on the screen and said that must be cold and she disagreed. What's worse is that I will want to compromise by saying that we should just turn it off then and she starts complaining about how she "can't stand it being that silent in the room". What especially gets to me is when she walks into the room, turns on the AC, and then leaves and doesn't return for hours.

Originally Posted by Fatt
This reminds me of my roommate. I come home with a case of beer, I drink one, and the next morning, I see six in the trash can the next day.

"Dude. What happened to my beer?"
"Oh don't worry. I'll throw down half for it."
"DUDE! Why should I pay half when I'm drinking a fifth?"
"Because we split bills in this apartment?"

I had to hide a bottle of Bombay in my room ever since.
It reminds me of my roommate. I had a 10-pack of these Raspberry Ice Tea packets where you just pour it into a bottle of water and it turns into Raspberry Ice Tea (after it's shaken). Well, I let her borrow one, and then about a week later I decided I wanted some more, so I went to look for them and found that some of them had went missing.

What really caused me to get anal was when I had these fudge-covered graham crackers in my room. I let her have a couple just to be nice. One day, I was studying in my room and she all of a sudden walks in, looks at my shelf, steals 2 of them (without asking me) and then leaves. I don't understand it! I'm in the room, you could at least ask. I now hide my junk food under my bed and in my dressers. I live in an old dorm though, so there was an occasion where rats had broke in and gnawed at my Nurtri-Grain bars.

Originally Posted by nazpyro
The last thing that ticks me off is thermostat control. My black roommate walks around in fourteen layers of clothing when its 80+ degrees outside and insists on keeping the heater on in the apartment. I've finally taken measures to jam the thermostat to airconditioning (BEHOLD THE POWER OF WAX AND MEDICAL TAPE). I've also put a sign "Swimming Pool" above it for scare tactics.
ROFL. That is ingenious! Please, do not tell my roommate about this.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 06:05 PM #33 of 41
I was just wondering if we could use curse words in thread title outside of the Sewers. Question answered. I will, from now on, use it as a replacement for genuine urgency.

Seriously, I dump whatever it is I think that will fit down the sink hole. Be that dead goldfish or candy wrappers. Who cares? I'm not gonna deal with the repercussions. What a fine way of thinking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Luminaire
Sparkle and Shine

Member 6102

Level 7.02

May 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:49 AM #34 of 41
I'm staying at my boyfriend's apartment for the summer and he and his roomate, to say the least, are not clean fellows.

We are on the third floor and there are ROACHES in the BATHROOM.

The bathroom sink is stopped up and covered in facial hair.

A colony of little gray bugs -- a COLONY -- has taken up residence in the half-filled rice cooker that's BEEN half-filled for about a month now. They've been talking about throwing the rice cooker out but haven't gotten around to it yet. Bugs keep hatching from the mold.

The list goes on, but I'm stopping there because now I have the heebie-jeebies. They claim that they're going to clean up the apartment before I move in. God willing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Prepare the PLANET SMASHAA
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 01:31 AM #35 of 41
Moved to ANGST~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:03 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 02:03 AM #36 of 41
When I went on a holiday trip with friends after completing Year 12, I was "unofficially" designated the "house-cleaner", cleaning up the mess of 8 guys.

They got drunk, they ate, they partied, they played games and they went to the beach. Of course I did them all too but only while they weren't doing it. I washed, I cooked, I cleaned and I made sure that the friend who's beach house we were in was all intact for until 9 days after.

Oh my fricking god I swear the dishes were like the leaning tower of Piza

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:21 AM #37 of 41
Originally Posted by russ
Yeah I hate having to get a tetanus shot after doing the dishes as well.

I don't like it when someone shaves and leaves hair ALL OVER the bathroom sink. It takes all of thirty seconds to rinse the sink out.
this is probably one that bothers me the most. I share a bathroom with my brothers and we have two sinks for whatever silly reason, so I figured they could use one and I could use one and never have to deal with their facial hair being all over my sink ever again.

the other day I found shavings in my sink. ANGRY NOISES. they have their own fucking sink. if they want to mess that one up, go right ahead. LEAVE MINE ALONE. ;_;

actually you know what, just sharing a bathroom with them in general. you have no idea how gross it is to have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and step in something wet because someone has bad aim and thinks that it'll clean itself up if they just don't acknowledge its presence.

Most amazing jew boots
Drexlerfan22
Chrono Freak

Member 2116

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:47 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 07:47 AM #38 of 41
My bastard roommates NEVER take out the trash, and never run the dishwasher. That's right, we have a DISHWASHER, and they're STILL too lazy to do dishes.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Feel free to express your own WRONG opinion!
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:14 AM #39 of 41
when my brothers and I still lived together they both used to put their used kleenex in the sink so not only did they get soggy, but someone else inevitably had to clean it up. Not only that but they never cleaned up after they went to the washroom, there were times when there was pee all ofver the floor around the toilet. Sickening. I'm so glad their habits are someone else's prblem now.

FELIPE NO

Baaah~
SeskaFuze
I play with dolls.

Member 6757

Level 1.47

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 10:43 AM #40 of 41
My sister's experimental healthy cooking. She thinks just because it's green and there's no meat, adding a bit of soy sauce and stir frying it makes it a tasty meal. She forces these things on me. She then gets insulting when I don't finish or take a few bites. She'd buy all these healthy items and try to mix them all together. I don't think she understands the concept of cooking in the first place.

When I cook I like to mix healthy ingredients into already established meals and guess who eats like a pig when I serve dinner. It bothers me that she is such a hypocrite. She calls my cooking unhealthy or too fattening or bad for you while she's literally licking her plate clean with her tongue in front me at the table.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on. [Terry Pratchett - The Truth]
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:33 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:33 AM #41 of 41
There's only one thing that really hacks me off about home life, and it only occurs when I'm staying at my brother's place. He has two roommates - Both of whom have day jobs. (My brother actually recently gave his up, but here I'm speaking about what it was like when he did have one.)

Problem is, whenever any of them go food shopping, they tend to forget that I'm in the flat. Now, whenever I'm there and they're all out at the office, I'll just be at home all day sleeping,gaming, listening to music and raping the internet. Food is a problem. I'll usually sleep in until 11 AM or so (by which stage everyone will have been long gone), and when I head to the kitchen, there's little or no cereal left, and bugger-all in the way of real food (last time I was lucky to find a carton of soup and a few carrots). As a result, I tend to spend days hungry until one of them comes home at around six. And with no money, I can't exactly go out and get some for myself.

I've got a quirky metabolism, so when I'm hungry I'm starving, and I get hungry fast. It's not a pleasant tradeoff for a few days of a 48 megabit connection.

Oh, and I have plenty of sob stories to tell about boarding school. Only one that comes to mind involves someone's fucking phone alarm always going off at five AM and they never get out of bed to turn it off.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Krelian; May 16, 2006 at 05:37 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Bottle caps and trash in the fucking sink