Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Changing your way of being...

MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:36 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2009, 06:36 PM #1 of 2
Changing your way of being...

After having a few posts in that other thread, I figure I would make my own.

My problem:

I can be a charming, funny, attractive guy. Case and point. I get out here to Virginia, start making moves (with my pathetic skills) on some girl, start chatting up another girl, not really trying anything with here. A few days later, I am banging the girl I was not trying at all with in the woods.

When I first meet someone, and am relaxed, I am all those things. When I am not (which is the vast majority of the time), I come off as a complete oddball.

The girl from the woods, things go well the first week. She gets to know me, and that is it. All downhill from there.

Now, I know what I can work on (Posture, watching what I say, all that fun stuff nerds should work on), but really self confidence. This would come better if I was more socially acceptable (See parenthesis above...). My problem is I can hold on to the concentration to do this for a little bit, but the second it is lost, BAM, I screw up any progress I might have made.

What kind of advice can you give me GFF?

Not just how to act, but any other tips you guys have found to work for just calming the fuck down and just slowing down.

How ya doing, buddy?
I forgot my old sig...
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:45 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2009, 08:45 PM 1 #2 of 2
I suppose I am a likable enough person, but it has never been my intent to increase my likability. On the whole, I believe myself to be abnormal and not always capable of understanding the motivations of others. The qualities that I cultivate within myself are those that I have considered to culminate in a better self overall, so a judgment of those qualities by another party rarely enters into my consideration.

I think it helps to understand that not everyone you meet will like you and may come to dislike you. The reasons behind their attitude towards you may not be rational, and it would be futile to tailor your behavior merely for the sake of extending some pretense. For the most part, it does not make sense to me to behave in such a way as to be based on irrationality.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Changing your way of being...