Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamer Girl or Hot Girl

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 06:21 AM #126 of 144
Originally Posted by Ayos
if the girl isn't boring, you have more chance of getting her to at least enjoy ONE game, than you do of making a non-hot girl HOT.
agrred.

while i havn't much attempted the latter part, I do have some hot friends who've always disliked games find some interest and find a few mildly amusing on rare occasions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 02:50 PM #127 of 144

There are hot gamer girls. There are hot non-gamer girls. There are non-hot gamer girls. There are non-hot non-gamer girls. If I HAD to choose between non-hot gamer, or hot non-gamer, I'd probably pick hot non-gamer, as long as she isn't boring. My theory is simple... if the girl isn't boring, you have more chance of getting her to at least enjoy ONE game, than you do of making a non-hot girl HOT.
As shallow as that seems, I have to agree whole heartedly.

FELIPE NO
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 07:09 PM #128 of 144
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
Or god forbid you guys just deal with the fact that she's not into games and try to do something else? Possibly an activity you both enjoy.
huh? No I was just saying that I'd agree if the whole hot-non gamer/non-hot gamer thing was true and applied to me, fortunately, it doesn't. I managed to get the best of both worlds

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:16 PM #129 of 144
Why do we talk as if they are mutually exclusive? Can't a Gamer Girl be hot too?

Anyways, my personal opinion would be yes, since I could care less if the girl wasn't hot. I'm not really into hot girls per se, since they unfortunately have the "slut" image attached as well. I'm not saying all hot girls are like that, but that's what my experience has led me to believe. I'm personally more fond of cute girls, instead of hot. Gamer Girl has nothing to do with looks. If a girl games, it doesn't matter if she's hot or cute or whatever, they're completely independent of each other.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 12:35 PM #130 of 144
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
Why do we talk as if they are mutually exclusive? Can't a Gamer Girl be hot too?

Anyways, my personal opinion would be yes, since I could care less if the girl wasn't hot. I'm not really into hot girls per se, since they unfortunately have the "slut" image attached as well. I'm not saying all hot girls are like that, but that's what my experience has led me to believe. I'm personally more fond of cute girls, instead of hot. Gamer Girl has nothing to do with looks. If a girl games, it doesn't matter if she's hot or cute or whatever, they're completely independent of each other.
hot, cute, beautiful; I was thinking it was meaning more as in 'atrractive' not specifically 'hot'.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:40 PM #131 of 144
They do however constitute a perfectly sound and BIASED piece of evidence for generalizations made on all members of a certain part of the population that person has ever had a chance to encounter.
Sound and biased are two words that contradict. Otherwise, you are absolutely correct. Your personal experiences are absolutely on target for generalizing everyone that you personally have come in contact with. Big deal. I'm not going to meet any of the girls you have. Your posts are as empty as your soul.

Quote:
And I don't think I ever even tried to argue about or define video games as an intellectual pursuit (as a general rule, they are not. In most ways.)
I will concede there are always exceptions to the rule - but why the hell would you wanna socialize with people that BORING anyway? Someone who doesn't even enjoy THOSE games is likely to not enjoy anything besides doing their hair and gossiping about other people and driving around in their daddy's brand new Beamer.
There is boring and then there is vapid. So, what video game genre do you feel stretches the grey matter to the limit? please say rpgs

Quote:
I'm very grateful for the fact that the most recent statement made by you about me is NOT true... I shudder to think of the girls I would have ended up with, if I took every chick that looked at me. No no, I prefer to stick with the hot interesting intelligent ones. Technically "hot" and "interesting" are, I suppose, in the eye of the beholder... but when the majority agrees, what can you do?
yes, I reckon her WoW avatar was pretty hot and interesting.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
Or god forbid you guys just deal with the fact that she's not into games and try to do something else? Possibly an activity you both enjoy.
Personally, I like how Ayos keeps dragging out the strawman of 'well EVERYONE enjoys at least ONE video game, even if they haven't played it yet!' The joint discovery that your girlfriend really likes Kingdom Hearts doesn't make her a gamer, dipshit, and most people don't appreciate being badgered into liking a hobby.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sarag; Oct 22, 2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 12:38 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 11:38 PM #132 of 144
Originally Posted by GRUN-3
Sound and biased are two words that contradict. Otherwise, you are absolutely correct. Your personal experiences are absolutely on target for generalizing everyone that you personally have come in contact with. Big deal. I'm not going to meet any of the girls you have. Your posts are as empty as your soul.
Sound (second iteration, third definition)
adjective
competent, sensible, or valid

Nothing about competent, sensible, or valid contradicts "biased" or "prejudiced" as there are plenty of valid prejudices.
And am I going to meet any of the girls YOU have? No probably not. Wait, so does that make your posts empty too? You're kinda confusing me here.
Quote:
There is boring and then there is vapid. So, what video game genre do you feel stretches the grey matter to the limit? please say rpgs
RPGs have great stories, but I don't know that I can say they stretch your grey matter to the limit, at least, not in too many ways. Certain adventure puzzle games (Myst comes to mind) may make you think, but usually it's lateral thinking, which is only good for certain things anyway. I'm really not sure where you're trying to head with this, are you trying to convince me that playing video games make a person smarter?
Quote:
yes, I reckon her WoW avatar was pretty hot and interesting.
Dear GOD if you mention WoW ever again I will hunt you down and make sure you never type another word your entire life. That game is a mindless plague on humanity.
Quote:
Personally, I like how Ayos keeps dragging out the strawman of 'well EVERYONE enjoys at least ONE video game, even if they haven't played it yet!' The joint discovery that your girlfriend really likes Kingdom Hearts doesn't make her a gamer, dipshit, and most people don't appreciate being badgered into liking a hobby.
Did I ever say it made them a gamer? You people need to stop ATTEMPTING to read between the lines, and just read what I write. Or not, and I'll keep making fun of you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 03:19 AM #133 of 144
Nothing about competent, sensible, or valid contradicts "biased" or "prejudiced" as there are plenty of valid prejudices.
You're racist, aren't you?

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 03:35 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 02:35 AM #134 of 144
You people need to stop ATTEMPTING to read between the lines, and just read what I write. Or not, and I'll keep making fun of you.
Originally Posted by Simply Majestic
Why do you guys argue with me!?
Why don't you understand me!?
I just want friends!
You're all assholes!
I'm better than all of you!
I have powers...
Seen it before, little buddy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:27 AM #135 of 144
Originally Posted by avanent
hot, cute, beautiful; I was thinking it was meaning more as in 'atrractive' not specifically 'hot'.
Ah, I see. Regardless, They're still mutually independent so they can be both. But if it were only one or the other, I would not mind Gaming less to spend time with a girl.

FELIPE NO

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:39 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 01:39 PM #136 of 144
Ayos has been banned from the thread for being a disruptive influence and offering nothing in the way of informed or intelligent debate in his posts.

You can carry on calling him a loser in the inevitable journal entry this move leads to.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 02:51 PM #137 of 144
Someone already pointed out that beauty is shallow and leaves us anyway, not to mention "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as for gamer girls that's all well and good but couples should have differences between them. So for that reason I say neither of the above as a person's character comes before all else, and if you're a decent person who doesn't play religiously and so are they, playing videogames isn't be a problem

How ya doing, buddy?
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:08 PM #138 of 144
It would be fun to have a girlfriend who played games, but honestly? If I get a girlfriend, I'm mostly interested in her sexually. I have friends to play games with, some of whom are girls. If I get a "girlfriend" (my relationships hardly match the typical perception of girlfriend), I want her to be attractive and interesting, and that's about all I ask for.
I don't ask for compatibility or anything. I just don't view sexual relationships that way.

Now, if it was a really serious relationship, one that might lead to marriage and the raising of children, I'd like her to be interested in games (or at least tolerant of my liking them). I dunno that I'd like a "gamer girl". I don't like most gamers I meet, boy or girl.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Gamer Girl or Hot Girl