Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamer Girl or Hot Girl

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:02 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 04:02 AM #51 of 144
Originally Posted by KageBunshin
I mean you may not even be into games ten years from now.
And she might not be so hot ten years from now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
KageBunshin
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10751

Level 2.12

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:27 AM #52 of 144
Still, it limits you to a smaller crowd of people if you only look for gaming girls. Then you have to remember that not all people who have your same interest are going to be perfect for you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:15 PM #53 of 144
Originally Posted by KageBunshin
Still, it limits you to a smaller crowd of people if you only look for gaming girls. Then you have to remember that not all people who have your same interest are going to be perfect for you.
Similar interests are a lot better place to start than looks. At least in my experiences. Who's to say that gamer girls are ugly anyways?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:43 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 04:43 AM #54 of 144
Yeah, You're right. Who's to say gamer girls are ugly anyways?

Who's to say all hot girls are evil bitches and will dump you and of course, if they're hot, they have to have absolutely NO Common interests with you? Hm...seems like most people in this thread seem to be saying that in so many words. Seems everyones doing a bit of stereotyping here.

I still don't think common interests are where I'd want to start. I'd like to be attracted to the girl, THEN see if we have common interests or at least a compatible personality beforehand. Once again I'll say: I can give a rats ass less if shes a 'gamerr gurll". That makes no difference to me. I hardly would consider myself a 'gamer' anymore.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:35 PM #55 of 144
Originally Posted by Chaco
Who's to say all hot girls are evil bitches and will dump you and of course, if they're hot, they have to have absolutely NO Common interests with you? Hm...seems like most people in this thread seem to be saying that in so many words. Seems everyones doing a bit of stereotyping here.

I still don't think common interests are where I'd want to start. I'd like to be attracted to the girl, THEN see if we have common interests or at least a compatible personality beforehand. Once again I'll say: I can give a rats ass less if shes a 'gamerr gurll". That makes no difference to me. I hardly would consider myself a 'gamer' anymore.
The things I am looking for in my discussion are clearly outlined in my first post.

Originally Posted by Hyde
A good portion of the GFF community is gamers. I was wondering if "gaming" is a characteristic you look for in girls or guys.
Clearly you have stated that you prefer looks. That is perfectly fine.

Anyways, I would also like to point out that I also said:
Originally Posted by Hyde
Similar interests are a lot better place to start than looks. At least in my experiences.
I never mentioned anything about hot girls being evil bitches. I simply said that similar interests are a good place to start. While you may think certain beliefs are implied, do not put words into other user's mouths.

FELIPE NO
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:27 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 11:27 AM #56 of 144
Why can't you have both? I've always dated gamer guys and they certainly weren't ugly, but I'm shallow too. I can have my girly moments, but I feel much more comfortable around guys. (maybe it's just the attention.) My husband loves the fact that I play games and his friends get jealous since I'm not the type to be like "hey stop playing and focus on me plz"

I can't say that the majority of gamers are hot, but then again, neither is the general population. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:43 PM #57 of 144
Originally Posted by soapy
Why can't you have both? I've always dated gamer guys and they certainly weren't ugly, but I'm shallow too. I can have my girly moments, but I feel much more comfortable around guys. (maybe it's just the attention.) My husband loves the fact that I play games and his friends get jealous since I'm not the type to be like "hey stop playing and focus on me plz"

I can't say that the majority of gamers are hot, but then again, neither is the general population. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
I know what you mean. I guess thats what a lot of people have been trying to say in the thread so far. I take it because you've always dated gamer guys, its a quality you look for in a person.

There are lot more people who are married at this board than I expected.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nanstey
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Member 902

Level 10.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:32 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 02:32 PM #58 of 144
I think I'd go for a balance of the two. Sure, it'd be nice to have a hot girl who happened to love video games, but such types are rare. Realistically, though, I'd take a girl who had more in common with me over a beautiful body with no common ground any day.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
That which is, is. Sink or swim. - Wiliiam Shakespeare. There is no ignorange, there is knowledge. - From the Code of the Jedi
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 12:48 PM #59 of 144
Originally Posted by Hydelloon
I know what you mean. I guess thats what a lot of people have been trying to say in the thread so far. I take it because you've always dated gamer guys, its a quality you look for in a person.

There are lot more people who are married at this board than I expected.
I play games a lot, so I feel more comfortable around guys who have the same interests. Guys who have been interested in me who don't play games end up all "shocked" thinking I'm some sort of polite, nice girl that would go home and make dinner and rub their feet. I just tend to gravitate towards guys who like video games, even if I don't find them attractive, they're at least more interesting to me. I have a weakness for dorks/geeks Not the socially inept ones or anything, but guys who are kind of shy, like games but are often too scared to approach a girl, I like talking to those guys and finding out who they really are because they are certainly more interesting than the muscle heads who are brain dead due to too much sun.

Just from experience, dating people who are really hot, they obviously know it, and the ego/self esteem issues that come with that are just too annoying for me and I find that so shallow. If they're modest, that's different. Granted I'm shallow too so I'm being a hypocrite here, but I'd rather be with someone (friend or relationship) who I can help boost their self esteem (even better if there are no self esteem issues), not burst their overinflated head.

Generally guys who play video games that I've come across, also have other things in common with me too. Whether it be music, fantasy, Star Wars (hehehe) and other geeky stuff. It's hard enough for me to find a girl friend that likes similar things (so it's hard for a guy too to find a girl for a relationship), my best friends do, but otherwise, I know a lot of girls who are only into girly things so I tend to avoid girls night out and just have lan parties with the boys.

Last edited by soapy; Aug 9, 2006 at 02:52 PM.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:05 PM #60 of 144
Originally Posted by soapy
I know a lot of girls who are only into girly things so I tend to avoid girls night out and just have lan parties with the boys.
Haha, thats awesome! I've met a lot of gamer girls at college and that was one of the biggest surprises for me actually. Thats sweet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 01:11 PM #61 of 144
Haha, thats awesome! I've met a lot of gamer girls at college and that was one of the biggest surprises for me actually. Thats sweet.
Yup, they're there, just gotta look harder Female gamers are on the rise, they're starting off with the Sims first and moving onto MMOs.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 03:25 PM #62 of 144
Once again I wander back into a TQP post and the majority of what I see are pain in the ass teenage virgins running their fucking mouths about women and relationships, completely unable to actually grasp any actual content outside of "pretty girls are bitches" and "gamer girlz aren't realz." With a few obvious exceptions (you can skip this if you're one of them, if you understand that there is no such thing as a true sweeping generalization such as "all gamer girls aren't pretty" or "all pretty girls refuse to game" this isn't meant for you.)

GROW THE FUCK UP.

Do you prefer pretty girls or gamer girls? How about a well-rounded individual you fucking prats? How about a girl who turns you on with her looks, has interests in common with you, AND likes things you don't know about so, god forbid, you might fucking learn something new?

I don't understand why this sub-forum always has to play with absolutes like this. Is it because the majority of people who post here are 14? Is it because so many of you don't have life experience? Again, if you're one of the few moderates in here, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the repeat-offender children who are running their mouths like they know something about life.

I restate an earlier point: Until you know something about anything, shut the fuck up. You're not only not helping, you're probably hindering someone else.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:10 PM #63 of 144
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Once again I wander back into a TQP post and the majority of what I see are pain in the ass teenage virgins running their fucking mouths about women and relationships, completely unable to actually grasp any actual content outside of "pretty girls are bitches" and "gamer girlz aren't realz." With a few obvious exceptions (you can skip this if you're one of them, if you understand that there is no such thing as a true sweeping generalization such as "all gamer girls aren't pretty" or "all pretty girls refuse to game" this isn't meant for you.)

GROW THE FUCK UP.

Do you prefer pretty girls or gamer girls? How about a well-rounded individual you fucking prats? How about a girl who turns you on with her looks, has interests in common with you, AND likes things you don't know about so, god forbid, you might fucking learn something new?

I don't understand why this sub-forum always has to play with absolutes like this. Is it because the majority of people who post here are 14? Is it because so many of you don't have life experience? Again, if you're one of the few moderates in here, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the repeat-offender children who are running their mouths like they know something about life.

I restate an earlier point: Until you know something about anything, shut the fuck up. You're not only not helping, you're probably hindering someone else.
Sorry for acting 14 Deni. In fact, I'm sorry for starting a thread that has enraged you...;_;

But Deni put up a good point, unless you are going to add to the discussion with some personal testimony or real life experience, better stay out. If you are just making projections or guesses, its just taking up digital space. Its not like digital space is limitless. Gosh

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 10:33 PM #64 of 144
Sorry for acting 14 Deni. In fact, I'm sorry for starting a thread that has enraged you...;_;

But Deni put up a good point, unless you are going to add to the discussion with some personal testimony or real life experience, better stay out. If you are just making projections or guesses, its just taking up digital space. Its not like digital space is limitless. Gosh

Hyde, you weren't the point of my post. You brought up a simple question, if you had to choose between these two traits, which would you choose? Other people turned it into "NEVER THE TWO SHALL MEET" bullshit.

Originally Posted by VoidOfMind
hot girl
Post of the motherfucking year right there. You want to see who I have issue with, Hyde? Right there. At least he didn't go on to express how he can't understand why women don't want him, even though he's pathetic and exudes no confidence at all. It baffles.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:08 AM #65 of 144
(INTERNET EDIT) Jesus christ, get the sand out of your vagina.

I posted that semi-sarcastically but as a viable answer to this other-wise retarded thread. "hot girl or gamer girl"

First of all, the title implies that you have a choice between a girl that is aesthetically appealing and a girl who is into playing video games. Using simple logic I'd estimate that that "hot girl" is not into playing video games, and that "gamer girl" is vice-versa, not visually appealing.

Thus I choose the "hot girl." I have no fucking interest in a girl who plays video games, I'm not forbidding women of the masses to quit playing video games and get plastic surgery, I'm simply stating what I prefer.

If you want me to expound further, I will, just to appease your feminazi ass.

Similar interests go a long way? Nah, not really. I don't want my girlfriend to be sitting down playing video games with me, that's reserved for me and my friends, or when I'm alone... typically bored, and in desire for something to help me pass the time.

I would much rather BE with my girl. And no, I'm not going to concede to man's innate chauvinistic nature and say that I just want to fuck her 24/7. But no, I would liek to be with her. Go out on dates, talk to her [actually fucking be involved in a conversation] and have us enjoy ourselves.

Next time I'd appreciate you not deleting my post and attempting to hurt my "feelings" and self-esteem with your slanderous ways. Calm the fuck down, it's the internet.

The only way out is through.

Last edited by Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon; Aug 10, 2006 at 12:22 AM.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:18 AM #66 of 144
Originally Posted by Void
Rofl!!! Jesus christ, get the sand out of your vagina.

I posted that semi-sarcastically but as a viable answer to this other-wise retarded thread. "hot girl or gamer girl"

First of all, the title implies that you have a choice between a girl that is aesthetically appealing and a girl who is into playing video games. Using simple logic I'd estimate that that "hot girl" is not into playing video games, and that "gamer girl" is vice-versa, not visually appealing.

Thus I choose the "hot girl." I have no fucking interest in a girl who plays video games, I'm not forbidding women of the masses to quit playing video games and get plastic surgery, I'm simply stating what I prefer.

Similar interests go a long way? Nah, not really. I don't want my girlfriend to be sitting down playing video games with me, that's reserved for me and my friends, or when I'm alone... typically bored, and in desire for something to help me pass the time.

I would much rather BE with my girl. And no, I'm not going to concede to man's innate chauvinistic nature and say that I just want to fuck her 24/7. But no, I would liek to be with her. Go out on dates, talk to her [actually fucking be involved in a conversation] and have us enjoy ourselves.

Next time I'd appreciate you not deleting my post and attempting to hurt my "feelings" and self-esteem with your slanderous ways. Calm the fuck down, it's the internet.
First and foremost, it was deleted by a moderator, not by Deni because your post was too short.

Secondly, just because it is the internet does not mean you should act stupid. Read the first post, not just the thread title.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:21 AM #67 of 144

I deleted your spammy post, Void. Not Denicalis or anyone else. Only mods can delete posts.

Your post was removed because all it said was "hot girl". You offered no reason why. There was no discussion value, so I removed it.

Also, there will be no ROFL-ing in this thread.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 11:22 PM #68 of 144

The face of the modern feminazi apparently.

Mate, your post didn't get any of that across. It wasn't ironic. It was just fucking shoddy. Get defensive all you want, but it got deleted by a moderator because it was fucking pointless. We'd been arguing an actual point before you showed up with your postcount boosting filler. But hey, good cover. It worked like magic.

Most amazing jew boots

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:33 AM #69 of 144
Similar interests go a long way? Nah, not really.
[...]
talk to her [actually fucking be involved in a conversation]
Isn't that basically what Deni said? Admit it, you didn't read his post at all.

Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:36 AM #70 of 144
Originally Posted by Denicalis

The face of the modern feminazi apparently.
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, it's a brave new world, ain't it?

Okay to again further explain my opinion on the entire topic, there are in this universe such things as human beings with varied genetic structure and... dare I say, souls? Thus every one is an individual, communism won't ever work, blah blah blah.

Since everyone is an individual they all have their qualities that you love/hate about them, and it just fuels your preference over the years of meeting different people and never cracking through the facade. So under the umbrella of simply dating members of the opposite [or same] sex, I, Void [not void of mind, although that was admittedly clever] would have to say that I would put physical appearance rather high on my criterion... much... much higher than their interest in video games.

When it comes to true love, and marriage, and all of that good stuff. Of course she would have to be all-around a wonderful, beautiful person. Inside and out. Because like interests in video games and etcetera, surface beauty withers, and you don't want to stick around with a bitch like that for that long...

Quote:
Isn't that basically what Deni said? Admit it, you didn't read his post at all.
Yep. I went back and skimmed through and realized my opinion on the matter along with my feelings on this subforum are 100% in synch... o_O

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:39 AM #71 of 144
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, it's a brave new world, ain't it?

Okay to again further explain my opinion on the entire topic, there are in this universe such things as human beings with varied genetic structure and... dare I say, souls? Thus every one is an individual, communism won't ever work, blah blah blah.

Since everyone is an individual they all have their qualities that you love/hate about them, and it just fuels your preference over the years of meeting different people and never cracking through the facade. So under the umbrella of simply dating members of the opposite [or same] sex, I, Void [not void of mind, although that was admittedly clever] would have to say that I would put physical appearance rather high on my criterion... much... much higher than their interest in video games.

When it comes to true love, and marriage, and all of that good stuff. Of course she would have to be all-around a wonderful, beautiful person. Inside and out. Because like interests in video games and etcetera, surface beauty withers, and you don't want to stick around with a bitch like that for that long...

Yep. I went back and skimmed through and realized my opinion on the matter along with my feelings on this subforum are 100% in synch... o_O
What the hell are you talking about? Why are you arguing with someone with the same opinion as you? :doh:

FELIPE NO
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:42 AM #72 of 144
What the hell are you talking about? Why are you arguing with someone with the same opinion as you? :doh:

Quote:
Okay to again further explain my opinion on the entire topic
It isn't an argument.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 11:44 PM #73 of 144

Does that make you a feminazi?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 10:49 PM #74 of 144
No, but it does make him someone who probably should have shot himself in the foot when it was in his mouth.

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:54 AM #75 of 144
Well, it does pay to read the posts so you dont look dumb.

But back on topic. Deni, I happen to agree with your arguments. I don't understand why people are seperating "hot" and "gaming". I was more interested, when I started this thread, whether or not gaming is a characteristic one looks for. As silly as it sounds, it is one of those things that is on the back of my mind. Certainly I notice a girl's physical attributes first. Its nice to be able to tell a girl that "gaming" is your hobby and not get strange looks.

And I also posed the topic of compatability as a sub-discussion. I think that is where the issues arose. Or maybe its because some users read only the title and decide to post. =|

Last edited by THIEF; Aug 10, 2006 at 12:58 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Gamer Girl or Hot Girl