Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Personality Traits You Hate

Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:15 PM #51 of 91
Originally Posted by ElectricSheep
The incredibly indecisive. I mean totally unable to make any decision at all for the group. They just stand around and wait for someone else to tell them what to do. Voice your opinion, dammit, because I know you have one!
Ah! Dammit I'm well indecisive! But hey, it's not because I'm too afraid to voice my opinion, its because I've got too many opinions, and I'm spending ages trying to pick one!

Okay, people who are never impressed by anything annoy me. Like, you'll do something great or show them something great, and they just won't be impressed, 'cause they've seen it before, or seen something better....apparently.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"HiiiisssssssssSSSSS" - Madagascan Hissing Cockroach
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:13 PM #52 of 91
One more i forgot, is when people have delayed reactions to stuff. I know this one guy who is terrible for this. I'll tell him a joke, and regardless of whether or not he liked it, he'll give me a serious look, for about 5 seconds before be gives his reaction.

Me: *something funny*
Him: .......... "That's Funny"

It's creepy. And he does that for serious stuff too. And the worst part is, he doesn't do it all the time, it's completley random. I never know what to think around him. Man, it gets on my nerves.

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:24 PM #53 of 91
Oh shaking hands with a lady...

it bothers me when I see a guy reach out to shake a girls hand. you should always wait for the girl to initiate a hand shake if there's going to be one. and as for the shake you should neither overpower her or give her the fish. i try to meet the hand shake with the same amount of firmness of her grip.

another thing that bugs me is when people are speaking in public or whatever and they keep their hands in their pockets. it just looks silly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:49 PM #54 of 91
in general, the only thing that really irks me is when people have a total lack of common courtesy. if you run into someone, say you're sorry. if there's someone right behind you while you're going through a doorway, hold the door open so it doesn't smack into them. if you have to sneeze or cough, cover your face. please try not to expell gas in public places; you may be able to handle the smell, I can garuntee you other people will not be so tolerant. if you have any garbage, put it in a garbage can - don't be a pussy and leave it laying around for someone else to take care of.

the list goes on.

I tend to shy away from the arrogant, cocky, over-confident types as well. it is an extremely unattractive trait to have. even if you are the best looking person in the world, don't preach to everyone about how you are. just shut up and be gracious that anybody would notice you in the first place.

I also highly dislike it when people invade my personal space, especially people who I barely even know. it's even worse when they can't take a hint. if I'm constantly taking a step back to get away from you, for the love of god stop following me. unless you're a friend of mine, I probably won't want you hugging me or putting your arm around me either.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Drexlerfan22
Chrono Freak

Member 2116

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:06 PM #55 of 91
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
Additionally, there are other people who have this sort of demeanor with you that is "fake-friendly." This is hard to describe, and is probably completely subjective, but basically certain people interact with me in ways that a bully would pretend to be friendly with a "victim." Like they are sitting/standing there waiting for you to say or do something that they can mock.
I just hate this. Either be friendly, or be unfriendly... just don't fucking pretend!
If I have a defining characteristic, it's that I'm calm and easy-going... almost nothing mentioned in this thread gets to me much. The fake-friendly thing, though... that bothers even me a little.

FELIPE NO
Feel free to express your own WRONG opinion!
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:19 PM #56 of 91
Incompetence in my superiors. I cannot stand this. It's one thing if people who work under you are a little more green on matters, but when your boss is a lazy nutjob who can't understand how things work, then there is a problem.

Of course incompetence in general irritates me slightly, but people with authority who are supposed to be more competent than I am is completely infuriating.

Also, I'm one of those people who usually don't look you in the eyes. I'm not sure why, it's just a habbit. And sometimes it does feel awkward for me to do it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:05 PM #57 of 91
Alice:
Well, I didn't say I don't make eye contact >.>, but its just uncomfortable, and it makes me seem "cowering" under someone on occasions. That's not always the case though, depending on the situation or the people, I guess. I had always trying to avoid to be appearing to stare at people.

And Sass, I don't see how I could be offended by that, those are sound advices. You and Alice both, naturally.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Pill
Everything I do is a balloon

Member 2127

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:18 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:18 PM #58 of 91
Talking for the sake of noise. Talking is great, but when it gets to the point that you know that someone is talking just because he wants noise.. it annoys me, alot.

Another one is a tiny inaudable voice.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:44 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:44 PM #59 of 91
Hipocrates more than anything >, People who can dish it out but can't take it it. Poeple who need to practice what they preach so to speak. That peronality trate makes me wanna hurt something. The only thing I hate more that that are people who think they are better than you for stupid reasons. I don't down on anyone unless they realy deserve it.

How ya doing, buddy?
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:25 PM #60 of 91
There is nothing that I cannot tolerate more than people who are cruel to others, people who hurt others, either physically or emotionally for their own pleasure. Every time I see it I can only feel a sense of anger and bewilderment. I simply cannot understand the motivations of the abuser or how they could derive such pure, almost childlike enjoyment from others' misfortune and misery.

Even in my own church, I see these types of people. And what hurts even more, is that there really is nothing that I can do to stop them. People do not want others disciplining their unruly children, (because that would imply that they can't do it themselves) and the adult offenders are often higher-ups within the church itself and can commit this type of behavior with impunity.

So I simply try to be as kind as possible to the victims. And even to the offenders themselves. Kindness is very important to me. In fact, I might make a post about that in this thread's companion thread.

Other than that, I can get along with the vast majority of people. Annoying people, passive people, loud people, slow people, people who talk too much or too little, assholes, jerks, I'm fine with all of them. But I simply can't tolerate cruel people in my presence.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Mar 8, 2006 at 01:37 AM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:08 AM #61 of 91
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
There is nothing that I cannot tolerate more than people who are cruel to others, people who hurt others, either physically or emotionally for their own pleasure.
Oh my god... YES! These people are usually the self-absorbed narcissistic pretty boy/girl types who think they're god's gift to the opposite sex (Or same sex, if that's their thing) and treat everyone who they perceive as having "inferior genes" like shit.

I have a few stories about people like this and in one of them a friend of mine nearly disfigured one of these poor saps. Spent 3 days in jail because of it too, but he thought it was worth it, if only to see a broken ego for vindication.

EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:17 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 11:17 PM #62 of 91
Originally Posted by Sassafrass

If you want to get a good job and maintain healthy human relationships, you should be able to look a person in the eye.

Ha ha ha, try it the other way. I knew someone who just would not look away during a conversation. I'd be talking and his eyes would be glued to my face as if I had this enormous facial deformity (and I'd like to point out that I didn't). Even when he was speaking, he'd look and I swear to God, that guy did not blink once. That does not make me want to maintain a healthy human relationship...that just plainly creeped me out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:22 AM #63 of 91
Ew, I know what you're talking about. There's a difference between maintaining a normal amount of eye contact and boring holes through people.

I think that some people who have a problem making eye contact force themselves to look you in the eye to the point that it becomes uncomfortable. I know this one guy who tries hard maintain eye contact even though it's not comfortable for him, and he ends up bending his neck as if he's looking down, but his eyes stay on you. It's very uncomfortable.

FELIPE NO
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:47 AM #64 of 91
I really have a hard time with people who refuse to admit they're wrong, no matter how retarded their argument or blatantly obvious the proof against their point is. People have been shooting along the lines of this already, though.

One I haven't seen yet but I'm sure some of you can relate to. Me being somewhat musically inclined, I absolutely can NOT stand someone (or people) showing their musical talent they think they have but obviously do not have. This is particularly the case with singing, not so much with other stuff. There are some songs I seriously hate because whenever I hear the actual songs (which I otherwise might've considered decent or even good) they remind me of some other instance where someone failed miserably at trying to sing it. It's torment, I tell you.

I know I probably sound pretty harsh in saying this, but 99% of the time I feel like the person(s) should never have even tried.

Last edited by Josiah; Mar 12, 2006 at 06:52 AM.
Angel
SaturnJune

Member 1633

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:31 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 04:31 PM #65 of 91
Originally Posted by ava lilly
I tend to shy away from the arrogant, cocky, over-confident types as well. it is an extremely unattractive trait to have. even if you are the best looking person in the world, don't preach to everyone about how you are. just shut up and be gracious that anybody would notice you in the first place.

I also highly dislike it when people invade my personal space, especially people who I barely even know. it's even worse when they can't take a hint. if I'm constantly taking a step back to get away from you, for the love of god stop following me. unless you're a friend of mine, I probably won't want you hugging me or putting your arm around me either.
Couldn't have said it better...

I have this friend... whenever she comes over to talk she's almost sitting on your lap. I always end up sitting on the border of my canape or standing up cause it's just freaking unbarable! I just hate people in my face... really, I don't get the fun they have out of that.

Most amazing jew boots
Aidan
Ouch!

Member 2726

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:12 AM #66 of 91
Definitely people who will stick to an opinion just for the heck of it. You can present them the most convincing arguments/data, and they'll even acknowledge that it's right, but don't have the adaptibility to change their opinions based on new information. Extreme stubborness definitely pisses me off, especially when people are proud for being obstinate.

kapsi
Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

Member 2495

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:39 PM #67 of 91
I hate nice people. You can never say what they think.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:51 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:51 PM #68 of 91
Cowards, liars, and thieves really piss me off. Everything else is just sort of blah, to each their own.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
BakaMochi
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5433

Level 1.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:12 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 07:12 AM #69 of 91
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
There is nothing that I cannot tolerate more than people who are cruel to others, people who hurt others, either physically or emotionally for their own pleasure. Every time I see it I can only feel a sense of anger and bewilderment. I simply cannot understand the motivations of the abuser or how they could derive such pure, almost childlike enjoyment from others' misfortune and misery..
I agree with you. It just makes me so angry. I have a friend who's EXACTLY like that, and I've repeatedly asked him why he did it, and he just said, "It's fun". Now I don't know if he was joking or what, but... I was like WTF? I just feel like slapping some sense into him everytime he hits somebody.

You've pretty much named all traits I hate but three big things have to be: extreme negativity, selfishness, irritatingly loud-ness and superficiality. Wait, that's four. I believe there's a BIG difference between being pessimistic and just being plain negative. Like my ex. When I said I wanted to work part-time as a waitress, he just flat out said to my face I'd suck at it, the job sucked, and whatever he could to bash it. And he can never shut up about how 'terrible' his life is.

Selfish people are just... blah. You can never converse with them properly. Annoyingly loud people are just plain annoying. I hate that trait so much. Maybe it's because I'm quiet in nature, but I just can't satnd it when you're in the middle of a test and you suddenly hear this really big sigh, and annoying rants when you're talking about something important w/ someone else.

*takes deep breath* I'm done ranting. Thank you.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:06 PM #70 of 91
The one thing I despise over all else is arrogance, which comes in many forms:

- Posers: Oh My Goodness! Kid posers really piss me off the most, thinking they're "all that" when they're only in like Grade 6. Boys and girls are both terrible because they boys will be all thugged out and the girls hang in their droves giggling rudely at everything and gossiping amongst themselves trying to get with the "in thing".
People who think they know stuff but don't also falls into this.
- Know-It-Alls: "Oh I can do that, don't tell me that you couldn't :O:O:O?" OKAY, not everyone is a gifted as you, who is obviously the epitomy of perfection!
- Rude people: Flat out, if you can say to someone's face seriously: "Oh man, you suck!" in a non-joking way, then you're a fucking prick. If you dislike when someone tries to be kind to you and give them what you think about it (eg. flip them off, give them a cock-eyed look), then that's just terrible.
- Ignorance: If you don't care enough to listen to what other people say, then I don't care about what you have to say. An opinion is something that not everyone in the world agrees on. Not just yours "counts".

I really hated this one kid because he'd always say stuff like: "oh I can go get the speakers from backstage and make that louder for you if you want"..."oh I know how to manipulate all the lights in the school, I could make a mass blackout if I wanted"..."oh if you want to book the stage you can ask me because I handle all that stuff"..etc. It was basically like: "Look at me, I'm on the Stage Crew 8-|" He would act all that and believe himself to be superior and in charge. He would also butt into my conversations with friends trying to be a part of them. If I was in the hall, he would and hang around and cling to me wherever I tried to go if there was no one else around and we happened to meet up. He doesn't even get the hint that I don't want him around (I know, it's rather cruel of me, but I really hated this guy for several more annoying reasons). People talk behind his back all the time and just about everyone in the school thought the same way except for the stage crew itself. We were in the same band, and he'd always be like: "<teacher>, I have this song the band could play, it's a Portuguese March"..."I can print up this sheet music for the class so that everyone can read the scales"..........and I should stop there, this sounds more like an vendetta-filled journal entry. It just so happened that this kid possessed all the traits that I happen to disliked all summed up in an annoying package.

Feel free to rip into me for being so critical and judgmental, I deserve it

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:23 PM #71 of 91
I hate men who try to be controlling just because they are "the man" in a relationship. Ugh!

And I also abhor people who get in my face. I always tell my brother to get out of my personal space. lol

FELIPE NO
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:56 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 02:56 PM #72 of 91
Hypocrisy pisses me off no end.

Superficiality irks me even more. "OH I'M SO COOL AND GREAT AND BRILLIANT WHEN REALLY I'M NOT BUT I MAKE OUT I AM".

People who try too hard piss me off also, whether it be the type who try too hard to be different, or try too hard to look popular and cool. Also people who you invest time and care into and they just piss off when they're done with you piss me off also. And if you try and confront them about it they're all "OH NO YOU MAY DAMAGE MY POPULARITY STOP PLZ".

Unacceptance (in certain cases) pisses me off too. "Oh look, someone speaking a language that isn't ours in their own private conversation. Let's loudly and rudely speak stereotypical <language>" Say a vietnamese person is speaking to someone else in Vietnamese and soem idiot comes along and is all "KIYONG THAN THO FAN LOL I R SO FUNNY"

I could go on....

Last edited by Xexxhoshi; Apr 22, 2006 at 09:20 AM.
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:16 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 01:16 AM #73 of 91
Superficiality irks me, especially the people who pretend to know you. This is not the generic ‘how are you today?’ or any of the feigned interest conversations starters. This is the “Oh, we haven’t talked for ages…” (when we’ve never talked at all), orther “What did say your name was?” (Actually, we’ve never met, idiot…). I don’t know if they’re doing it subconsciously, but I don’t have much patience for these sudden ‘friends.’

As for eye-contact… Some cultures find it intimidating, confronting and a sign of disrespect. In contrast, others believe that if you aren’t making eye contact you’re lying, have something to hide and not to be trusted. I suppose for this reason it doesn’t bother me if someone appears to be avoiding my gaze. Of course, if you think you should be doing it more and are finding it difficult, rather than trying to stare someone down, a good trick is to focus both your eyes on one of their eyes, hold for as long as comfortable and switch to the other eye.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jay Fox R.W.S.
Carob Nut

Member 118

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 10:35 PM #74 of 91
I dislike people who won't give up trying to get someone to like them.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 04:49 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 02:49 PM #75 of 91
I hate arrogant, cocky, overconfident people.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Personality Traits You Hate