Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Personality Traits You Hate

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:43 PM #1 of 91
Personality Traits You Hate

Everyone has a few - personality traits that just grate on your freaking nerves. I thought about this today when I was at my local coffee shop and ran into a lady I know who was completely in my face the whole time she was talking to me, and also she was talking very loudly.

I think it was more the talking loudly that bothered me than the fact that she was all up in my personal space. It annoys me to no end when a person acts as if they're on stage giving a performance for the entire store/restaurant/office.

Also, I really hate it when people won't make eye contact or seem to "cower" when they talk to you.

What personality traits get on your nerves?

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:49 PM #2 of 91
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Also, I really hate it when people won't make eye contact or seem to "cower" when they talk to you.
We can't really help it. Sometimes eye contacts are just uncomfortable for some people.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:49 AM #3 of 91
I hate it when people can't keep their fucking distances with me. This is MY breathing space, this is YOUR breathing space and THIS is the fucking demilitarized zone between us, thank you.

It gets on my nerves when those people walk so close to me that I feel they're trying to crush me against the nearest wall. Or when they have to speak RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE, because clearly I couldn't hear them from a couple feet away. Keep your bad breath to yourself, please. I feel really uncomfortable when someone invades the little personal space I need.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:50 PM #4 of 91
I hate it when I go to shake a guy's hand and he gives you "the fish." When their hands are all clammy and they give you the most dead handshake ever. I wanna know they're alive on the other hand. However, it is annoying when you get some punk who tries to give you the death grip and act all tough. I usually get this from guys who are about 19 for some reason.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:50 PM #5 of 91
I'm not sure if it's a trait, but for people having a tendancy to bump in and invade your space when you're talking with your friends... Although I do it myself sometimes, but it's ridiculous when the person CLEARLY knows that they're not wanted in the conversation, yet they continue to stand there acting as if there were there since you started talking. It pisses me off whenever people do that. I just move away and drift to another conversation if I know i'm not wanted. <_<

I was speaking idiomatically.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:50 PM #6 of 91
I loathe people who think they are better than others in some way ... Especially if it's for superficial reasons.

Which brings up another trait I hate: Superficiality.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:56 PM #7 of 91
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
I hate it when I go to shake a guy's hand and he gives you "the fish." When their hands are all clammy and they give you the most dead handshake ever. I wanna know they're alive on the other hand. However, it is annoying when you get some punk who tries to give you the death grip and act all tough. I usually get this from guys who are about 19 for some reason.
A firm handshake is acting tough? Hell, I gauge a fellow on the way he carries himself, the way he works, and also how he shakes a hand. It's a southern thing, in my opinion. A firm handshake shows character. Handshakes are strange customs to many people, oddly enough.

I hate folks who can't enjoy humor. I'm a fan of dry humor, and it bothers me when I tell a few one-liners and the person only looks at me strangely. Or they don't respond at all.

Also, I tend to hold doors for anyone who's directly behind me. Guy or girl. Chivalry isn't dead with me, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't hold doors for other guys. Well, lots of girls don't even notice I'm there or that I was holding the doorway open. In fact, one time I got some raging feminist who attacked me about men treating women inferiorly, just because I held a door open >_> Oh. And I held it open for some *guy* who was right behind me, and her immediately behind him. But maybe this is another issue.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:00 PM #8 of 91
You know what annoys me? People constantly complaining about other people. You suck a lot too, you know.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:01 PM #9 of 91
Lil' high school boys (w00t! high school is over!) who think they are "gangster" or "connected". Goddamn they are SO F'N ANNOYING...:

Gangsta Boi: Hey WTF you looking at me for? Staring at my face?
Me: I'm just staring in that direction (looking at your freakish hair)
Gangsta Boi: Nah man you want to start me or something!
Me: You idiot, I can't look that direction? (I wasn't looking at your face, idiot)
Gangsta Boi: Oh you think you're so good now?
Me: *sigh*

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:03 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:03 PM #10 of 91
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
However, it is annoying when you get some punk who tries to give you the death grip and act all tough. I usually get this from guys who are about 19 for some reason.
Oh my god! I get this all the time too! Don't you usually get a downstare with this as well? I usually get it from that age range too, so I'm starting to think that this is less of a coincidence and more of a fucking strange pattern... :eyebrow:

Originally Posted by Gechmir
A firm handshake is acting tough? Hell, I gauge a fellow on the way he carries himself, the way he works, and also how he shakes a hand. It's a southern thing, in my opinion. A firm handshake shows character. Handshakes are strange customs to many people, oddly enough.
Yeah, I do agree with you. A FIRM handshake is a good character trait. I think what Methe was referring to though, was when you get someone who uses far more force than is required to shake one's hand.

Double Post:
Quote:
Also, I tend to hold doors for anyone who's directly behind me. Guy or girl.
HAHA! I hate that shit too! Most of the time I get a courteous "thank you", but there have been times when guys I hold a door open for just give me this horrified look on their face like I tried to jump their bones wearing only a zippered leather mask and holding a 12" black rubber cock in one hand...

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:06 PM #11 of 91
A handshake that makes your hand ache like hell is a firm one in my book =p Common courtesy around here is to squeeze the other person's hand rather hard when shaking. My definition of firm differs I'm afraid ^__^;

Most amazing jew boots

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:07 PM #12 of 91
Originally Posted by ramoth
You know what annoys me? People constantly complaining about other people. You suck a lot too, you know.
Well, this thread isn't about personality traits you love, ramroth, although I could just as easily make one of those. Want me to?

Don't act like there's nothing that bothers you about people. That's just not realistic.

Oh, and whoever said that about holding doors - I don't get it. What's wrong with holding a door open for someone - male or female? That's just common courtesy.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:08 PM #13 of 91
Originally Posted by Devo
I hate it when I'm on public transporation and just because I'm little people think they can hog part of my fucking chair too. Just because your fat ass can't fill the chair doesn't mean you have to invade my space too, let your rolls of jellow hang off the other side of the bench douche. I guess it's the personality trait of being a selfish ass. What ever happened to courtesy?

EEEEEEIIIIIMEEEEEEEEN.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:09 PM #14 of 91
Alice --
We're both siding with your opinion on the matter =p I've gotten strange looks/comments from some women and confused ones from a guy on occasion. Someone holds it for me? I tip my cap and say "appreciate it."

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:09 PM #15 of 91
Originally Posted by Gechmir
A handshake that makes your hand ache like hell is a firm one in my book =p Common courtesy around here is to squeeze the other person's hand rather hard when shaking. My definition of firm differs I'm afraid ^__^;
True enough. I think it has a lot to do with individual strength too. I know a lot of people who will hurt your hand with a handshake and not know they're doing so. Hey, if that's your handshake and it was firm and sincere in your book then it becomes so for me as well.

What Methe and myself refer to is the people who do it simply to act tough. I don't know how to explain it, but usually the situation lends all the signals for me to know... "OK, this boy wants to act tough. But if he gets out of hand down the line, he's gonna get taken down by a stray fist."

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:11 PM #16 of 91
You know, it's ten times worse when guys do that handshake thing to girls. I understand it's some sort of manly ritual, this squeezing the blood out of each other's hands...but please don't do it to us women. Our hands are smaller and it really hurts. =/

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:13 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:13 PM #17 of 91
...but please don't do it to us women. Our hands are smaller and it really hurts. =/
You've never shaken my mom's hands... She can STILL crush my hand like she was making tortilla mix out of it...

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:14 PM #18 of 91
Well, most girls don't like shaking hands as it is =p I'm gentle with old-timers (if they look frail) and womens as far as handshakes go.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:17 PM #19 of 91
Yeah, I have bony hands too. But I've never really met any women who do that bone-crushing handshake thing. Sure, they can...they just don't. It's definitely a man thing (and an Encephalon's mom thing).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:18 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:18 PM #20 of 91
I hate it when someone can't speak English properly. I'm not talking about non-native speakers, of course, but a native speaker who still can't grasp the basics of the English language.

Arrogant pricks piss me off, too. I used to be one, until I realized what an ass I was.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:29 PM #21 of 91
(and an Encephalon's mom thing).
What'd you say 'bout my mama? :eyebrow:

Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:10 AM #22 of 91
I think only people from the UK will understand this:
ANY personality trait that a Chav possesses is very bad in every way.

"HiiiisssssssssSSSSS" - Madagascan Hissing Cockroach
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:13 PM #23 of 91
Mainly people who are arrogant, narcissitc, egocentric, or all the above. It's also made alot worse if they have a superiority complex (i.e. the "only my opinion is valid" type -__-; )

How ya doing, buddy?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:26 PM #24 of 91
Originally Posted by Hachifusa
I hate it when someone can't speak English properly. I'm not talking about non-native speakers, of course, but a native speaker who still can't grasp the basics of the English language.
YES! YES! Everytime I see something like "lot's" and "their (they are)" OMIGOD I blow up. Funnily enough, I'm Chinese...

Racists are funny too. Another scenario I went through in Year 8, at my racist high school... (my childhood was littered with examples like these).

Racist pig: Go back to your own country, you Chinese freak!
Me: My own country?
Racist pig: Yeh, back to where you were born.
Me: Sorry mate I was born here.
Racist pig: Well you're stupid!
Me: You're arrogant and ostentatious, mate. I'd rather be stupid than what you are.
Racist pig: Sorry, mate. I dorn speaka in Ching-Chong language. I ornry undastand Engrish.
Me: I was speaking English. I can't believe you don't know your own language.
Racist pig: Pfft. *walks off*

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:34 PM #25 of 91
I'm with you, woman. You don't look me in the eye when you talk to me, or when I talk to you, I instinctively distrust you.

I hate when people talk way too much about absolutely nothing - or how they'll go on and fucking ON about how they knew so-and-so in school or college and tell me how they saw them and all the details of the conversation.

I hate people who speak slowly, people who never have a point, when someone lies blatantly, or base their opinions in something completely untrue et cetera et cetera. I hate slow drivers, I hate people who can't meet deadlines, I hate people who are never on time, I can't stand when people are indecisive.

This is the worst question to ask me. I hate pretty much everyone. ;_;

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Personality Traits You Hate