Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Question for the girls

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:53 PM #26 of 127
Can't find a man that is of your liking? Just go lesbian already. I'm sure there are a bunch of women who feel the same way as you and chose the same path.

Good grief.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:54 PM #27 of 127
Originally Posted by Devo
So you want the guy to find you attractive but how dare he SHOW IT until he's talked with you.
No. How dare he ASK ME OUT based solely on my looks.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Ultima
Can't find a man that is of your liking? Just go lesbian already. I'm sure there are a bunch of women who feel the same way as you and chose the same path.

Good grief.

P.S. I'm married - I'm just saying, is all.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Alice; Mar 5, 2006 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:55 PM #28 of 127
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
You can't judge anyone's personality within 2 seconds, so what kind of dipshit guy would think he could see a girl from across a room and know that she's worth asking out JUST BECAUSE SHE'S HOT. That's my whole point. It's ridiculous. Don't ask for a girl's number unless you've at least had a conversation with her.
Physical attraction is one important aspect of a relationship between a man and a woman.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:56 PM #29 of 127
Are you even that attractive? lol
And why must every thread you post in turn into some kind of holier than thou feminist attack on earth?

Most amazing jew boots
<a_lurker|laptop> I think your car died too.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:57 PM #30 of 127
hahaha

No. How dare he ASK FOR MY PHONE NUMBER (ASK TO TALK TO ME SOMETIME) based solely on my looks.

Double Post:

P.S. I'm married - I'm just saying, is all.
There.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:58 PM #31 of 127
Sorry but your looks are what brings the guy to you. I think you're in quite denial about this. How many guys are going to approach you otherwise?

You're approached based on your looks but they stick around based on your personality. It's silly to think that looks don't come first when you're a stranger to someone.
Well, like I said - I have no problem with a guy talking to me IN ORDER TO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER because of my looks. I just never liked it when a guy was so consumed with that, that he asked me out before even trying to talk to me to see if we even clicked.

FELIPE NO
Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:58 PM #32 of 127
I approach ugly people because I know they have no self esteem. Am I biased yet?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:59 PM #33 of 127
Originally Posted by Benjamin
Are you even that attractive? lol
And why must every thread you post in turn into some kind of holier than thou feminist attack on earth?
Actually, no. But not being drop-dead gorgeous doesn't stop certain guys from being completely focused on my looks. Everyone has a "type," I guess.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:00 PM #34 of 127
Asking for a phone number is the same thing as asking someone out? When the fuck did this happen?

Double Post:
Actually, no. But not being drop-dead gorgeous doesn't stop certain guys from being completely focused on my looks. Everyone has a "type," I guess.
Ah, now I understand.

Last edited by Smoodle; Mar 5, 2006 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:03 PM #35 of 127
Did I mention that I enjoy the company of fat hairy men?
Seriously don't judge the way people try to court others. If you don't like it, deal with it yourself, stop bitching about it on the internet. :juggler:

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:04 PM #36 of 127
Hey, I didn't create the thread. I was just answering the question.

Smoodle, what do you understand? I didn't say I was hideous, just that I'm not the most beautiful creature to ever walk planet Earth. I've been hit on enough by creepy guys, trust me. =/

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:07 PM #37 of 127
I was responding to Benjamin.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:07 PM #38 of 127
Originally Posted by Smoodle
Ewwww, she thinks she can judge a man's personality within the 2 seconds it takes for him to muster up the courage and ask for her number!
It's my understanding that lots of girls do this.. But I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this.

My point is that it's veeery easy to label a dude as a testerone-filled, pussymongering, sexually driven manwhore. Even though it's a safe assumption to make, it isn't exactly fair for those who may approach a girl with genuine intentions.

Would it make more sense to say this-

"Hey. Ya know, you seem like a very nice girl and it'd be awesome if I got your number. Maybe we could chat for a little, or grab a bite to eat."

OR

"Hey. I saw you from around the way and I just couldn't resist coming up to your and asking for your hand in marraige. From what I can tell, you are everything I want in a woman and I'd like to start a family with you, have 7 kids, and be buried in matching plots when we grow old together and die."

Apparently, in both cases you're labeled a creep.

:juggler:

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:08 PM #39 of 127
I like Alice's personality. May I have your phone number?

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:09 PM #40 of 127
You know what, Plarom? I wouldn't have a problem with your first line at all, provided we had at least had a semblance of a conversation first. It's actually kind of nice.

But that's completely different than just strolling up and saying, "Hey you, can I have your phone number?"

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:10 PM #41 of 127
Both Alice and Devo make good points.

This post by Devo makes sense to me:

Why do people think going out isn't a way of getting to know someone?

You can simply do activities that would help you get to know them. I thought that was the point of "dating."

What the fuck is wrong with people?
Do people expect different things out of dates?

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:11 PM #42 of 127
Yeah, it actually made sense to me too. =/

I just don't like the idea of someone just totally walking up and asking me for my phone number. It's just creepy. I can't believe any woman is arguing that.

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:13 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:13 PM #43 of 127
Originally Posted by Plarom
It's my understanding that lots of girls do this.. But I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this.

My point is that it's veeery easy to label a dude as a testerone-filled, pussymongering, sexually driven manwhore. Even though it's a safe assumption to make, it isn't exactly fair for those who may approach a girl with genuine intentions.

Would it make more sense to say this-

"Hey. Ya know, you seem like a very nice girl and it'd be awesome if I got your number. Maybe we could chat for a little, or grab a bite to eat."

OR

"Hey. I saw you from around the way and I just couldn't resist coming up to your and asking for your hand in marraige. From what I can tell, you are everything I want in a woman and I'd like to start a family with you, have 7 kids, and be buried in matching plots when we grow old together and die."

Apparently, in both cases you're labeled a creep.

:juggler:
Exactly. But, thankfully not all girls are like that. You don't want the girl who thinks of you as a creep, anyway.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:15 PM #44 of 127
OK, Smoodle. Look at it like this: You are actually able to pull off walking up to a completely unknown girl and getting her phone number without having any sort of conversation with her first. You two hit it off and you start dating. Wouldn't it always be in the back of your mind how easy it was for you to get her number? Doesn't anyone value a girl who is a little more discerning? It would worry me to think that I was going out with a girl who was so easily "procured".

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:16 PM #45 of 127
Why? And no. Life's too short to worry about shit like that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:19 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:19 PM #46 of 127
I'd say they're doing it for themselves, as a sense of security ... but everyone's different.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:23 PM #47 of 127
OK, Smoodle. Look at it like this: You are actually able to pull off walking up to a completely unknown girl and getting her phone number without having any sort of conversation with her first. You two hit it off and you start dating. Wouldn't it always be in the back of your mind how easy it was for you to get her number? Doesn't anyone value a girl who is a little more discerning? It would worry me to think that I was going out with a girl who was so easily "procured".
I'd agree that at least an initial casual conversation goes a long way. As a guy, you should at least see how a girl carries herself before you go ahead and ask for a date/number -- no matter how physically attractive she is. At least know a little bit about her.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:23 PM #48 of 127
I'm sure a lot of fine looking ladies have had their fair share of stalkers, so any attempt to suddenly invade our privacy does in fact scare us. Even just a phone number in the wrong hands can be quite the hassle. It's best just to give her yours and hope for the best. Or talk to her first before just outright asking for her digits.
What the hell, Devo? Isn't that exactly what I just said?

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:32 PM #49 of 127
What. The. Fuck.

I said the exact same thing you said, woman. All I said was that a guy should talk to a girl first before asking for her phone number, which is exactly what you said, and you flipped out.

P.S. I wear very little makeup and NEVER dress like a ho.

Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:35 PM #50 of 127
Originally Posted by Smoodle
You don't want the girl who thinks of you as a creep, anyway.
True, that's why I'm trying to figure out the differences between those who would consider me a creep vs. those who wouldn't. The line between the two is almost impossible to discern.

It would worry me to think that I was going out with a girl who was so easily "procured".
Likewise. That would be pretty awkward for me since, as you said before, there has to be some sort of preliminary conversation if you're seriously considering dating. That would leave maaany questions unanswered, and you may be getting into something that's well over your head.

It's like wearing meat and wondering why the dogs are sniffing you.
YES. What you say about women being attention whores is pretty accurate. Furthermore, I think women who turn down men feed off that just as much as they do the attention they received. As if it's empowering to get a man all worked up and lift his confidence, only to dash all his hopes and belittle him as a person.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Question for the girls