Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:30 PM #101 of 210
Originally Posted by GRUN-3
Do you reckon most people date folks who live far away, or close by?
Quote:
Oh, so when you say cultural differences, but not entirely different cultures, you mean that they like different music, they wear different brands of shoes and they are on opposite sides of The Great Pepsi / Coke Debate, right?
Can you be any more of a fucktard? Are you just being difficult because you think its funny, or are you really this fucking dumb? I've explained myself well enough that I'm pretty sure most other people in this thread know what I'm talking about, and thats good enough for me.

I was speaking idiomatically.

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:31 PM #102 of 210
Originally Posted by NaklsonofNakkl
isn't that what makes 'culture'?
No.

Quote:
I don't believe that DarkLink is trying to say that Music and Clothes are what makes culture, he is just pointing out that sometimes music and clothes can contribute to different culture in different races.
I know what he's trying to say, but the problem is that he's mistaken.

He, and you, are missing the forest for the trees.

Quote:
that is what makes this country so different because everyone has freedom of religion and culture.
Freedom of culture makes no sense. You made that up, first of all, and second of all, are you too suggesting that people who live in close proximity will not share a large amount of 'culture' due to race, insomuch as culture is a quantifiable thing?

Please, just think about this before you reply. Ignore the fact that the internet is irritating you and try to think about this critically before replying.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Can you be any more of a fucktard? Are you just being difficult because you think its funny, or are you really this fucking dumb? I've explained myself well enough that I'm pretty sure most other people in this thread know what I'm talking about, and thats good enough for me.
Since you're illiterate, what I am trying to say is that the cultural differences between two races in the same general area are about as significant as the cultural differences between two classes of people in the same area.

You are not good at thinking.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sarag; May 17, 2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:43 PM #103 of 210

Since you're illiterate, what I am trying to say is that the cultural differences between two races in the same general area are about as significant as the cultural differences between two classes of people in the same area.

You are not good at thinking.
You aren't good at explaining yourself clearly. What it sounds like is that you are just trying to write off cultural differences as though they don't even exist (at least as a marital problem). Or that I'm just trying to write 'culture' off as what music people listen to or what clothes they wear.

Most amazing jew boots

FGSFDS!!!
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:57 PM #104 of 210
Race is only an object when it comes to cultural differences when specific group of people has the means to isolate and segregate different group from one another, be it political means or economical mean (in which discrimination and abuses inevitably occurs) , but then, that is a social consequence to the "concept" of race. However, historically this has never really stopped the cross pollination of culture between people of different races. I personally don't think it is as much of a cultural issue but rather then a class issue and how people perceived the concept of "race" itself.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!

Last edited by Magi; May 17, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:00 PM #105 of 210
I am sure that eventually yes, interracial relationships will be nothing more than a typical male and a typical woman dating but how long is eventually?
What century is your town stuck in? Around here, interracial is so common that nobody even remarks on it. There are some types of pairing you never see, but other than that...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:09 PM #106 of 210
You aren't good at explaining yourself clearly.
IT's hardly my fault you have no creativity.

Quote:
What it sounds like is that you are just trying to write off cultural differences as though they don't even exist (at least as a marital problem). Or that I'm just trying to write 'culture' off as what music people listen to or what clothes they wear.
I am not, but you are. My wingman explained it very elegantly, even you should be able to understand.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:15 PM #107 of 210
I seem to recall way back in the thread you putting THESE words in my mouth.

Do you define culture by what music you listen to? Because, uh, um.
Double Post:
IT's hardly my fault you have no creativity.
If I have to use creativity to decipher your posts, you need to go take an english course. I don't assume people mean anything beyond what they say. It's stupid to do otherwise.

Double Post:
Or perhaps when you put THESE words in my mouth:

Oh, so when you say cultural differences, but not entirely different cultures, you mean that they like different music, they wear different brands of shoes and they are on opposite sides of The Great Pepsi / Coke Debate, right?
So just stop. If you think this, then fine, but don't just automatically assume its what I'm trying to say.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 17, 2006 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:15 PM #108 of 210
Originally Posted by Soluzar
What century is your town stuck in? Around here, interracial is so common that nobody even remarks on it. There are some types of pairing you never see, but other than that...
Well, the century my town is stuck in is this century. Although you may live somewhere it is accepted, that doesn't mean that all towns are the same way. I am glad that it is common where you live, and maybe your town can inspire others, but at the moment there is such a thing as people frowning upon interracial couples.

Double Post:
Oh, and i didn't notice this before but if you are from Britain, than this sorta thing is probably very uncommon, actually, it is probably uncommon for most European nations. So i guess that might need to be taken into consideration because not every nation is the same obviously and some states in those nations are sided differently on certain issues such as Interracial couples.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!

Last edited by NaklsonofNakkl; May 17, 2006 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:24 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:24 AM #109 of 210
Oh, and i didn't notice this before but if you are from Britain, than this sorta thing is probably very uncommon, actually, it is probably uncommon for most European nations. So i guess that might need to be taken into consideration because not every nation is the same obviously and some states in those nations are sided differently on certain issues such as Interracial couples.
I'm just saying I had no idea. No idea at all. It has been this way in my area for a good few years now, and I had just no idea at all that this was still an issue in America. What state do you live in? I assume these attitudes vary from state to state.

Seriously, this thread comes as a colossal shock to me. Over here, people date whoever they find attractive. Admittedly, that's only been the case with recent generations, but still, I thought that everywhere was like this. The phrase "interracial couple" just never gets said.

NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:38 PM #110 of 210
Originally Posted by Soluzar
I'm just saying I had no idea. No idea at all. It has been this way in my area for a good few years now, and I had just no idea at all that this was still an issue in America. What state do you live in? I assume these attitudes vary from state to state.

Seriously, this thread comes as a colossal shock to me. Over here, people date whoever they find attractive. Admittedly, that's only been the case with recent generations, but still, I thought that everywhere was like this. The phrase "interracial couple" just never gets said.
Heh, over here (meaning America) something like that sounds almost like heaven for some. Yea, well where i live is California, where it is not as looked down upon but it still is not in best interest by some. Most of the youth have come to accept the idea but the older seem to still dislike it sometimes. Mostly parents. I figured that since Britain never really had as bad of issues concerning Africans like America does (i mean we had a civil war for god sake) so naturally the word interracial is probably never used there...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 07:09 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 01:09 AM #111 of 210
Heh, over here (meaning America) something like that sounds almost like heaven for some. Yea, well where i live is California, where it is not as looked down upon but it still is not in best interest by some. Most of the youth have come to accept the idea but the older seem to still dislike it sometimes. Mostly parents. I figured that since Britain never really had as bad of issues concerning Africans like America does (i mean we had a civil war for god sake) so naturally the word interracial is probably never used there...
The Afro/Carribean people who came here first were invited. We said to the people in the West Indies "Please come here! We need more people. We have jobs we can't fill". Naturally there was some racial tension at first, but overall, it's not on the same level as in America, and never has been. I guess when you mention the civil war, that does help to put things in perspective.

There are still racists here, and there always have been, but racism is a minority view now. It's not a paradise of equality, there's always some racial tension, but overall, we never had the whole segregation issue to contend with, as far as I know. It just never quite got that bad. Back to the subject of interracial couples, I think that probably you have to go back 3 generations at least since it's been a big issue for the majority. Maybe I just live in a nice area, if other British people want to set me straight, I'm interested to hear it.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Soluzar; May 17, 2006 at 07:12 PM.
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:40 PM #112 of 210
Well, in honesty i am glad that the world hasn't been succumb to racism and like said before, the Civil War does play a big role in racism in America. Sadly, because of all the things going on with 'open borders' and so many races it becomes a hassle to try and get rid of racism when everyone finds more and more problems with each new group of immigrants coming in. Although i think that thankfully in California that since most of the new generation take no discrimination when picking relationships, although it really comes down to mental ideals of why a person is attracted to certain skin color and etc. but as long as parents (which is the main problem) don't teach their children racism then America could very well be as equal as Britain
(Which is a lot coming from a pure White male)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:29 PM #113 of 210
If I have to use creativity to decipher your posts, you need to go take an english course. I don't assume people mean anything beyond what they say. It's stupid to do otherwise.
So you're saying it's stupid to assume people use double-meaning or speak vaguely. Wow.

Well, since you ignored SCHNEE-5, I'll reiterate succinctly: between two folks of roughly the same geographical position, assuming all other things like class are the same, and also assuming there aren't barriers between the two people - warfare, segregation, that sort of thing - the cultural differences are negligible to such a degree as they can be ignored. Personality is more impacting at this point.

That's why you must think culture can be boiled down into goods marketed towards blacks and whites, if you think the culture difference can be prohibitive enough to give pause. But you're right, this whole time, I've been assuming you are able to communicate your thoughts effectively. That was foolish of me. Tell me then, what do you think are the cultural differences between two starry-eyed kids in America today?

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:13 AM #114 of 210
So you're saying it's stupid to assume people use double-meaning or speak vaguely. Wow.
I'm saying I don't have enough faith in fucktards like you to have enough intelligence to mean anything more than what they actually say. Safer than sticking words in people's mouths.

Quote:
the cultural differences are negligible to such a degree as they can be ignored. Personality is more impacting at this point.
Wow, you finally figured it out. Do you want a cookie?

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:17 AM #115 of 210
I'm saying I don't have enough faith in fucktards like you to have enough intelligence to mean anything more than what they actually say.
You think I'm a fucktard (that's Zeph by the way) because you are incapable of reading sublety. You further think I am incapable of sublety because I am a fucktard. Just who do you think you're kidding?

Quote:
the cultural differences are negligible to such a degree as they can be ignored. Personality is more impacting at this point.
Wow, you finally figured it out. Do you want a cookie?
You're the one who says newlyweds have to be CAREFUL, because of the cultural differences that come with being interracial. Can I take this to mean you are now abandoning your position?

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:03 AM #116 of 210
Since when does your culture not affect your personality?

See what I mean about being dumb enough to read too far into what people say? You have the worst habit of just assuming people mean more than what they say.

Oh, and by the way, you didn't use sublety. That's just your lame excuse for typing a bunch of bullshit & putting words in my mouth.

FGSFDS!!!
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:17 AM #117 of 210
However he wants to define culture is fine by me. That's a non-issue. The original point still stands. There are added stressors with interracial marriages. Then on top of that you have the general public not being very accepting of interracial marriage. All I'm saying is that for people in those sorts of relationships, just realize that conflicts are going to arise as a result of those stressors.

But I don't know, maybe you live in some sort of amazing utopia where everything just works out great.

Most amazing jew boots

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 18, 2006 at 02:19 AM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:04 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 05:04 PM #118 of 210
Originally Posted by Umma
I don't have a problem with the *couple*... it's the ugly kids they'd have that would creep me out.
Melanesian/Caucasions are probably the most attractive people on the planet. Fuck off and die.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:08 AM #119 of 210
Since when does your culture not affect your personality?
After the 1950s, when gay was discovered. Are you really this stupid?

You still haven't told me what cultural differences are between black and white people in your neighbourhood.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:48 AM #120 of 210
Quote:
You still haven't told me what cultural differences are between black and white people in your neighbourhood.
Here are some differences between black people and white people in my area:

- Black people go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays and stay there for a loooong time. White people stay at church for two hours, and that includes sunday school.

- Black people eat different types of food. They favor fattier, less healthy foods than white people. They even cook their vegetables with a lot more unhealthy stuff like bacon grease. It's tasty as hell, but this would explain the reason why there's a lot more heart disease among blacks.

- Black people place a lot of emphasis on their cars. Around my area, affluent blacks are a rarity. It's also quite rare that a black family will live outside a certain area of town (probably because of financial restrictions). Hence, in my town, there's a community called "Springfield" where most of the black folks live. You can rest assured that outside every shanty of a house there is a Mercedes or a Hummer or a huge Cadillac or a BMW. Also, they keep their cars cleaner.

- Black people (as a general rule) do not tip very well and will run your ass into the ground asking for stuff. I worked as a server for several years and I promise you that no one wanted to wait on them. Black women in particular are extremely demanding and tend to look at you as if you have shit on your face. I used to bend over backward to prove to my co-workers that this was not a cultural difference (because this was when I was younger and not so jaded and cynical about people),and that they tipped differently because they were TREATED differently, but I finally gave up trying. Even the black servers didn't want to wait on black people.

- White people are not as interested in sports as a group as black people...again, in my area. The black people here are ALL ABOUT sports of any kind.

- White people are always in a rush to get somewhere. They're always zipping around from place to place. Black people know how to chill. I drive through that Springfield area I mentioned earlier every day and I always see them sitting outside on their porches at night and walking over to their neighbors' houses. I never see white people doing that...well, except for old white people.

- Black people walk if they don't have far to go. I always see them walking down the road. White people will get in their cars and drive down to the mailbox to avoid having to walk anywhere.

There are more, but I think this is enough to illustrate my point. I already hold the title of Racist Queen around here, so I figured I might as well call it like I see it.

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:54 AM #121 of 210
Thankyou AlicenWonderland. I didn't realize something like this required explaining to GRUN.

I'll add couple bits about Mexicans, at least in my area.

Mexicans are literally all about their cars. They will pimp out their ride and let their home rot into the ground. These cars aren't necessarily nice cars, they'll pimp out anything, even a Honda Civic.

Mexicans like to pack the entire family (the entire EXTENDED family) into a tiny little vehicle. The same one I mentioned above.

Mexicans in general just have waaaay more respect for their families than white people do. I mean its at a level approaching how much the Japanese respect their families.

Mexicans do NOT use checks, credit cards, or anything other than cash. I think this has something to do with a mistrust of banks, which for quite some time were very untrustworthy in Mexico. I'm not sure if its still like that or not, but I know this actually stems from an understandable source. They carry around wads of $100 bills because they cash their entire paycheck and don't deposit anything into a savings account. Then they pay you with this money @ 8:00am when the store opens for a $15 package of huggies or whatever and completely drain your change drawer .

Mexicans are a lot more loyal with the friends they have. White people will go and backstab their friends, then just write it off as a joke. The other person eventually just gets over it, and they are back to being friends forever. Mexicans on the other hand would rather be caught dead than saying anything bad about their friends, backstabbing, whatever. They are just a lot more respectful people in general - for friends & family. They can be pretty cruel to anyone else .

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 07:05 AM #122 of 210
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Here are some differences between black people and white people in my area:
Hi. You weren't who I was talking to.

The things you mentioned are hella stereotypical, but more importantly, are pretty superficial. Maybe you weren't paying attention to the thread before my last post. I know it's hard to read past my stunning display of wisdom, but there's a lot that you missed! Therefore, thanks for everything, but the topic isn't "black people walk this way while white people walk this way" but "black people have different culture that makes marrying them something you should be CAREFUL about". Your post boils down to foods and sports.

And, well, I didn't want to say anything but since you brought it up, you hate New Orleans and little baby inuits.

Double Post:
Thankyou AlicenWonderland. I didn't realize something like this required explaining to GRUN.
It must be nice where you usually chat, when you can say stupid things and not expect to back them up.

Your list boils down to thick wallets. The only thing from either of the posts I see affecting a relationship is this spic loyalty you speak of. So, uh, that's one. Got anything more that would make newlyweds cautious about their cultural differences?

Also, um, you guys realize that white people are huge enormous fags about cars too, right? Or have you never heard of H2s and convertibles. Jesus christ. Although you're both right in a way - nigs and spics like cars! - there is also the fact that America is very big on cars, almost like it's part of the culture or something.

Double Post:
This gets fucking funnier the more I think about it. Fucking cars. Do you forget that there's some states built up around the automotive industry? Did you guys forget that that industry basically destroyed our economy back last century? The midlife-crisis convertible? The penis-compensating trucks? Maybe you don't know - this is part of the culture around here, and I hear more white people say it than black people but that's because I have no black friends - but "if you don't buy from [whichever of the big three you work for], you deserve to be downsized" is actual rationale that people actually spout in real-world situations.

Did you forget how many white boys have their senior pictures taken with their car? The sweet sixteen birthday car rich daddies buy their little girls?

JESUS

Originally Posted by google
Results 1 - 10 of about 77,900,000 for white people +cars. (0.10 seconds)
Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 62,000,000 for black people +cars. (0.10 seconds)
Results 1 - 10 of about 7,860,000 for hispanic people +cars. (0.13 seconds
Fucking car worship as a cultural difference you illiterate niggers.

Last edited by Sarag; May 18, 2006 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:24 AM #123 of 210
Since when do I need a personal invitation to speak? I didn't realize this was a private conversation between the two of you. If it is, maybe you should take your conversation into AIM. You asked about cultural differences and I gave you examples.

I can think of many, many more, but I figured that was enough to get my point across. And did I ever say any of the differences were earth-shattering? They don't have to be major differences to be differences. But get enough minor conflicts in your relationship and stand back and watch in amazement at how much havoc they wreak.

My original point in this thread was to say that I don't personally think anything is wrong with interracial couples, and I stand by that. But don't pretend that there aren't cultural differences between people of different races, because that's just silly.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:39 AM #124 of 210
Quote:
You probably have more in common with said black people in your area than a white person in Bulgaria, while they have more in common than white people in their area than someone in Tanzania.
That's true, which is why I probably would not marry or seriously date someone from another country. I don't care what color their skin is.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:46 AM #125 of 210
Wow, you know, since google results are just the final factual basis for everything, I'm totally speechless. I'm not even sure how those could possibly even be considered relevant. You ever heard of the phrase "Correlation does not imply causation?" If you haven't, don't worry about it, because it doesn't really apply here. What applies here I think is "Dumbfuck statisitics mean shit."

In recap:
It must be nice where you usually chat, when you can say stupid things and not expect to back them up.
EDIT -> You have a pretty narrow view of personality if all you can see relating to that aspect of culture in what me & alice posted was Mexican loyalty. Maybe what all this just boils down to is your own bigoted racism.

FGSFDS!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?