Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Religon in Dating?
Yes 30 37.50%
No 14 17.50%
Doesn't Matter 36 45.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Religon in Dating

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:30 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 07:30 PM #76 of 91
Although I've said this multiple times in the past, I really don't care what religion a girl is. And no matter how stupid and contradictory it may seem to Alice, I just don't want the girl I'm dating to push religion in your face. To me, religion is a very personal thing, that everyone should take their own way. Don't just follow the masses because you think you're going to get a better place in heaven.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 09:43 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 03:43 PM #77 of 91
Originally Posted by Umma
If everyone was so serious about religion, every country would be like Iran!
I beg to differ. A person actually abiding seriously to the teachings attributed to Jesus of Nazareth and the basic moral code from the Old Testament (read: the Ten Commandments) would qualify as a peaceful individual that wouldn't dream of harming anyone. Theocracies like Iran or the atrocities commited by the Catholic church for instance are more based on outright hypocricy than on any spiritual doctrine whatsoever.

You shalt not kill ... well ok, if you don't like your next man's face, you can make something up, deem it the Lord's will and slay away."

I was speaking idiomatically.
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:12 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 11:12 AM #78 of 91
Question

Originally Posted by Cyrus XIII
I beg to differ. A person actually abiding seriously to the teachings attributed to Jesus of Nazareth and the basic moral code from the Old Testament (read: the Ten Commandments) would qualify as a peaceful individual that wouldn't dream of harming anyone.
Hmm... yeah, well... that's impossible. I mean, getting everyone to be an ideal Christian. Also:
Why are there so many branches of christianism if they all believe in the same god? Everytime they disagree on something a new branch is born. It's such a convenient religion...
Why all of them think *they* are the right one? Wouldn't the *first* christianity be the right one? What's its name?
Are they planning on unifying as one church any day soon? Wouldn't THAT be something!

Now about the second part of your post:

Theocracies like Iran or the atrocities commited by the Catholic church for instance are more based on outright hypocricy than on any spiritual doctrine whatsoever.
What atrocities? The Crusades or the Inquisition? And I don't know what's hypocrite about Iran. I bet the Qu'ran allows death penalty against non-believers. See? In Iran you won't have trouble finding someone from your own religion! All the others are dead.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 04:13 PM #79 of 91
And I don't know what's hypocrite about Iran. I bet the Qu'ran allows death penalty against non-believers. See? In Iran you won't have trouble finding someone from your own religion! All the others are dead.
It doesn't you idiotic, fucking moron. That's why all this suicide bombing is so dumb. No where in the Koran does it say you'll get the 100 virgins (I think it is) if you kill as many non-believers as possible. That's a modern "interpretation" gone horribly wrong.

FELIPE NO
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 11:46 PM #80 of 91
I wouldn't know, I don't have a Qur'an. That's why I said "I bet..." instead of "I'm sure...".

If that's just a wrong interpretation, why aren't there exploding zealots based on the Bible or other sacred texts? Yes, there have been crazy cults before... but nothing that inspires a "War on Terror"! :/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 01:55 AM #81 of 91
I wouldn't know, I don't have a Qur'an. That's why I said "I bet..." instead of "I'm sure...".

If that's just a wrong interpretation, why aren't there exploding zealots based on the Bible or other sacred texts? Yes, there have been crazy cults before... but nothing that inspires a "War on Terror"! :/
Well you lost the bet stupid, congratulations for offending approx. 1.5 billion people. As for the Bible and its respective faith: I'm sure a US president bent to the will of his country's christian right, who actually makes use of the word "crusade" in the 21st century and severely threatens world peace with an aggresive, war inciting policy is disturbing enough.

Btw, wasn't this about relationships? Slash didn't want this "which religion is worse?" thing, let's respect that, shall we?

How ya doing, buddy?
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:58 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 08:58 PM #82 of 91
Quote:
“Anyone else laughing at all the people who said, "Oh, religion is fine as long as the person doesn't try to push their beliefs on me"?

If you're involved with a "Christian" who never tries to help you accept Jesus, they're not much of a Christian. So what you're really saying is that you don't mind dating people who claim to be Christians although they don't practice the teachings of Jesus.”
For an atheist like me, it doesn’t matter. If she’s religious, whether she tries to make me convert or not is inconsequential. I’d be genuinely flattered if anyone cared enough to try, although experiences suggest to me that these are the sort of people who wouldn’t enter into a relationship with a non believer in the first place.

The value I place in the relationship in question would depend on what kind of compromise I’d be willing to make. If you’re with someone you love, you support them in their endeavours and accept them for what they are. That involves not undermining them either: for instance, it’s not my position to casually tell them her about the scandal her formal Sunday school teacher was involved in (local churches have plenty of politics and scandal, and word gets around in a small community).

Of course, if someone claims to be Christian and isn’t able to live up to “expectations” by being unable or unwilling to convert her partner, it doesn’t necessarily make her a bad person. If she doesn’t want to convert me, I’m prepared to view that as an acceptable form of compromise, not an inherent character flaw or misguided religious beliefs on her part. Simply, it boils down to, ‘If I can accept you, you can accept me’ and if you can’t, their’s a need to reevaluate the situation and decide whether we’d be better of not being together.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:18 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 05:18 PM #83 of 91
What atrocities? The Crusades or the Inquisition? And I don't know what's hypocrite about Iran. I bet the Qu'ran allows death penalty against non-believers. See? In Iran you won't have trouble finding someone from your own religion! All the others are dead.
Religions:

Shi'a Muslim 89%, Sunni Muslim 9%, Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian, and Baha'i 2%

Right. I'm sure the 1.4 million people in Iran who aren't Muslim all agree with you on that.

Most amazing jew boots
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 07:24 PM #84 of 91
Btw, wasn't this about relationships? Slash didn't want this "which religion is worse?" thing, let's respect that, shall we?
Ok. I didn't mean to let this slide off-topic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:38 PM #85 of 91
I banned you for that. Carry on~

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:43 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 12:43 AM #86 of 91
Good one ... had me scrambling for the ban rules right away. :doh:

How ya doing, buddy?
dope
Carob Nut

Member 2054

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:38 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 04:38 PM #87 of 91
Religion shouldn't be crucial in dating. Well as people respect each other's beliefs and don't end up bashing each other or start generalizing about religion because of a person.

Although it's kinda sad that it's really a major issue in contemporary context. I've actually seen people fallen in heavy disagreement because of religion. The reason also happens to be a variation within a particular religion (i.e. Protestant - Christian) rather than from religion to religion.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Religon in Dating