Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do guys notice in a girl?

Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 08:38 PM #1 of 116
What do guys notice in a girl?

I'm not sure if this in the right place, so sorry if it's not.

I want to do a poll (I can't really make one though for this) about what guys notice in girls. I'm not generalizing to just the preppy girls from high school, but the girls who take all the time with putting on make up, the girls who go to tanning salons, who get their nails done every other week, who takes the time to pick out the perfect fasionable outfit. Guys- do these things (make up, tan, hair style, nails, outfit, etc) make you notice a girl? When see a girl who's your friend, your girlfriend, or any random girl, are these things that make you take a second look or catch your attention?

If not, what does?

If you don't mind, give me your age or if you're in high school or college or not in school at all.

Girls- Do you do these things? Are there other things you do? If so, why? Is it to get the guy? Is it for you because it makes you look beautiful?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a casual dresser. A T-shirt and jeans does it for me. I'm not a make up person at all. I hate it. I believe it makes my skin worse. So I take extra care of it so it doesn't look bad. I use to have mild acne and so my face isn't pure but it's not cratered and scarred. My hair is naturally really think and wavy. I straighten it but I do it for my benefit. If it's not straightened, I have to pull it back. I can't leave my hair down when it's not straightened. So I straighten so I can leave it down. This isn't for beauty, it's because I don't like having it up constantly, especially in the winter. I couldn't care less about my nail color. I was interesting in tanning but the risk of skin cancer was a turn off.

I find myself the average girl- dress casual, blonde, blue eyes, hair pulled back or down (straightened), no make up.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:41 PM #2 of 116
Its late here, and I'll try to formulate an actual response tomorrow, but I just ran across this link to a video summarizing the start-to-finish process that a model goes through before ending up on the cover. Its no wonder why our perception of beauty is what it has become.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
---
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:55 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 08:55 PM #3 of 116
Originally Posted by ElectricSheep
Its late here, and I'll try to formulate an actual response tomorrow, but I just ran across this link to a video summarizing the start-to-finish process that a model goes through before ending up on the cover. Its no wonder why our perception of beauty is what it has become.
Ageed. I don't like that guys judge a girl from the outside. A friend asked me one day how many guys do I believe have passed by me, judging me by my looks, being turned off because I'm not a make up wearing, preppy dressing, skin cancer begging, popular girl when we could've had so much in common but he will never know because he judged me on the outside. And I told her I didn't know... because they judged me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 12:47 PM #4 of 116
Me: 21, at University, currently seeing someone. Three part time jobs, which in the fall normally add up under than 15 hours a week. Come Spring, can be over 30 hours a week.

What do I notice first? Body frame, face, hair; in that order. Oh noes, shallowness; sorry, but I have to be attracted to them. Its not just looks, personality is actually MORE important, but its easier to judge looks first. Plus, some girls are great at projecting a false personality

Makeup? light makeup at max, anything more is actually a negative imo. The only one that actually makes a positive difference to me is eye makeup.

Tan? Doesn't matter. I find both tan and pale hot. If they do have a dark skin color, I prefer for it to be uninentional actually. Personally, tanning is a waist of time and resources, both short term and long term, especially with potential medical problems. Oh, and tanning beds are as bad as, if not worse for you, than the natural sun, so... I wouldn't say no to a girl who did in ignorance, but if she still did... the lack of concern for personal health would be a turn off.

Clothing? I don't always notice when girls have matching things, but when I do, I find it cute. I notice with the girls im already intrested in, seeing, or friends with. If I don't talk to you, I probably won't notice.

Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
Also most of the guys I know prefer less makeup and not high maintenance. Did you ever think that maybe your whole "i'm a victim woe is me crap" is a turn off?
In my first serious relationship, I liked being the hero at first... but that shit grew into a nuisance real fast. Saving the day and all is nice every now and then, but being a hero everyday is a pain.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3

Last edited by avanent; Oct 15, 2006 at 10:52 PM.
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 11:08 PM #5 of 116
Don't give me that line. You judge boys based on looks don't you?

Hypocrite.

Also most of the guys I know prefer less makeup and not high maintenance. Did you ever think that maybe your whole "i'm a victim woe is me crap" is a turn off?
I guess I should've added I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years. I'm just honestly curious if all the things girls do is a waste of time or not.

I don't judge boys on looks because a lot of the greatest boys are the average looking ones. I ran into an old middle school friend and I didn't tell him but he looked better in middle school but we are friends. I don't like to judge people on looks =/ I've faced reality- I'm not going to marry an Orlando Bloom. I'll befriend anyone as long as they're respectful and not a complete ass.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 10:11 PM #6 of 116

Badonkadonk.

Personality is for people who can't fuck hot chicks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 11:12 PM #7 of 116
Great -_- This is going to be in the sewers because of you!

FELIPE NO
doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:19 PM #8 of 116
Don't worry about SCHWARZE-7, he's just pretending not to be a fatty.

Oops.

As to what I notice, it depends on which angle I see the subject from.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 10:33 PM #9 of 116
Nope, sorry Devs. I notice ass, hips, and legs. God save me from long legs that look like they could wrap around my head seven times over.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 09:46 PM #10 of 116
Originally Posted by DarkWingedAngel
complete ass.
Originally Posted by SCHWARZE-7

Badonkadonk.
Speak of the devil!

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 11:20 PM #11 of 116
Really I thought guys noticed these:

Oh damn guess I don't know guys at all.

Damn she's ugly.

Alright, I'm 22 and I'm in a relationship going on 2 years yet it doesn't feel that long sometimes. What would I look in a girl? The first thing would probably be the ass and leg region. I'm a sucker for some sexy smooth, cheerleader type thighs. Think Chun Li, since that's the first time I can remember being attracted to legs.

I like darker features like dark hair and skin, while copious amounts of make up can ruin it for me, or the wrong shades as displayed in the image above. My girlfriend does wear make up but I still find her very attractive even with little to no makeup on. I also enjoy it when she doesn't do much to her hair. It's naturally curly but she likes it straight while I like it curly, of course she does both and I still compliment her on it.

I also like nice sized breasts. Not too small and not too big. As long as it fits the body type. Which I don't mind skinny or large girls, I tend to go for girls who have a little bit of meat and I don't mean super fat girls, just some extra meat.

So yeah I am attracted to looks at first as I'm always thinking about sex, however when it comes to a relationship there should be more there to keep me interested besides sex. My girlfriend can certainly handle both duties.

I guess a bit about to counter balance this, I dress in black band shirts, wear jeans, black shoes, have long brown hair which I typically keep in a pony tail, wear glasses and I'm chunky. I usually haven't found many girls who expressed interest in me, at least to my face or I might've been oblivious to it in the past, so at the time I didn't think too highly of my appearance.

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:52 AM #12 of 116
It's pretty naive to ask what a guy notices - he has a dick, what the fuck do you think he notices?
If you're too thick to get it, this is pretty much what Denicalis said above, though in less words.

Of course, every desperate faggot in the book is going to come in here and claim they don't care about breast size or body shape or clothes or make-up - and same goes for girls. Get over yourselves. I look for all those because they turn me on. That doesn't mean I am a shallow fuckstick that picks females based on looks - it means that I am acknowledging my sexuality by saying that I want to fuck a hot female.

I'm also equally turned on by a girl that is funny, in control, studying something that challenges her, has self-respect and self-esteem, can lead me, knows where she is going beyond a job after university, can debate passionately and intelligently, and doesn't need to be the centre of attention to feel accepted - I am acknowledging my need for intellectual stimulation in a relationship by saying that.

Now you'll say that a girl that has both of those is incredibly rare and I'll slap you before you're done. There are plenty of girls like this - it takes a bit of self-confidence and personality to approach them and they are by no means rare. Equally, there are plenty of guys like this.

It's just a matter of not being lazy. A lot of guys (and girls) would be far more attractive if they stopped being so damned lazy and got their shit together. Started reading books, going to the gym, and getting good grades. Nothing is less attractive to me than a girl that has the potential to rock my socks off but is squandering it aimlessly by being lazy and unfocused.

Morons that claim to "look for personality only because looks are skin-deep" are just as shallow themselves. I have a dick and I am turned on by a nice ass. There is nothing wrong with that. It's wrong to be turned on by that ass regardless of the brain that is attached to it, true, but saying that I shouldn't be attracted to it at all is brainwashed hogwash.

ionuk tomb
Ionuk_Tomb

Member 13311

Level 8.35

Sep 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 02:34 AM #13 of 116
As far as make-up goes, I prefer the girls with little to no make-up. A girl who realizes her beauty without make-up is worth more than one that does wear it. To reinforce my argument, I just picture growing old with someone who ages in harmony and no matter what, retains some essence of her stunning younger looks. Compare that to a old woman who has more paint on her than a Picasso.

I am trying to think of two real-life examples. Elizabeth Taylor is my vote for the whore with too much guck on her face. And I guess Mia Farrow would be the one that just seemed to accept that fact that people get old...only she did it perfectly.

Most amazing jew boots
Krusty69
Carob Nut

Member 13390

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 04:43 AM #14 of 116
I notice their eyes, hair and ass, in no particular order. I like girls that don't wear too much makeup, natural beauty is HOT.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:43 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 08:13 AM #15 of 116
what I look for for is how good a girl can be inside first, rather than outside first. it's what led me to my first wife, whom I'm happily married to now

FELIPE NO

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:51 AM #16 of 116
Originally Posted by Balcony Heckler
what I look for for is how good a girl can be inside first, rather than outside first. it's what led me to my first wife, whom I'm happily married to now
Your first wife? Are you planning on getting a second one sometime soon or what? Here's a tip: Never refer to your wife as your "first wife" if you're planning on keeping her.

Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:03 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 07:03 PM #17 of 116
First, the face.

Of course the face.

Then the body.

Personality only comes into equation when 'long term commitment' dilemma begins.

Most amazing jew boots
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:05 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 12:05 PM #18 of 116
When meeting a girl for the first time I obviously check out the features, but then soon after, get to know their personality and sometimes personality can make a big difference.

riggermortis
Carob Nut

Member 3681

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 01:23 PM #19 of 116
I agree with Yume, I've known a lot of really hot girls who when you get to know them have horrible personalities and from then on have become physically ugly to me.

Anyway, the first thing I notice is eyes and hair, after that I look at their body and obviously if it's nice then bonus, but if their face appeals to me then their body pretty much doesn't matter, I can't stand too much make up as this usually signifies vanity to me and in my experience vain women are pretty snobby. I like the natural look, maybe a little eye make up.

I usually go for girls with dark hair and pale skin, gothic looking. Mmmmmm gothic :drool:

One thing I can't understand is how some guys can be completely only attracted to clothes / make-up etc, for example I met an ex of mine at a party and she'd only just come in from work so didn't have time to get "done up", anyway I thought she was beautiful even though she had no make-up on etc... and a friend of mine was saying "hmmm she's ok, nothing special" but then a few weeks later he saw her in a dress with some make up on and he was going "Jesus! She's so fine...", but I didn't notice any difference tbh... well I COULD but it didn't really matter because she was still just as pretty.

The point I'm trying to make is make up and all that crap doesn't really matter at all.

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:16 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 10:46 AM #20 of 116
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Your first wife? Are you planning on getting a second one sometime soon or what? Here's a tip: Never refer to your wife as your "first wife" if you're planning on keeping her.
yeah, that was kinda thoughtless, no my wife is what I meant, cause I love her with every ounce of my soul, and would never leave her no matter what. thanks for pointing that out

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Phoenix X
Samurai

Member 10673

Level 8.06

Aug 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 11:07 AM #21 of 116
For the record: I'm 20 and not in school.

Hair first. Always hair. Followed closely by face and then body. I don't much care about T&A except in their relation to the overall shape and ratios. I'm sure there's something very mathematical there, but I don't care to decode it. I find skinny girls to be a turn-off, if not because they look like they might break off in the breeze, then because I'm skinny too and the grinding of bones would get... painful. :P

I find vanity to be something of a turnoff, so makeup is usually a bad thing, imo. The exception here is when it's done for effect and not to disguise the natural (natural is always beautiful, folks). Covering blemishes? Go fuck yourself. Goth and likin' the crazy eyeliner? FUCKING GO FOR IT!!! Deviations from the "norm" are probably my biggest turn-on!

I personally find tans to be a huge turn-off as well. It's natural or nothin'. If you're sportin' golden brown skin in the dead of winter, you look like a fuckin' tool, and if you ask I'll tell you as much. There's nothing so repuslive as someone who'd sacrifice their own body and health for something as trivial as a tan. It's your temple, so fucking treat it as such.

I find it pretty cool when a girl puts some thought into what she wears. This is the exact opposite of fashionable or trendy, mind you. Fashionable/trendy folks don't put thought into what they wear, they just follow the herd, and that's the difference. If you can dress like nobody else and pull it off, you win. Bonus points if you designed and/or made the clothes yourself. Putting care and thought into your appearance is a plus, so long as your body doesn't suffer for it.

Finally: There's nothing sexier than thinking for yourself, and there's no bigger turn-off (for me, anyway) than someone who's got nothing better to think about than her own appearance.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Phoenix X; Oct 16, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:36 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 10:36 AM #22 of 116
I am 22, in University and currently single.

I look at the overall impression, which includes face, hair, and body. If I am not generally attracted to them, then I probably wouldn't look twice in terms of relationship stuff.

If overall attraction ensues, then I would proceed into talking to this woman. Then who she is as a person applies to whether I would pursue her or not.

Remember, its about first overall impression, not about how much makeup she is wearing or not.

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:49 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 10:49 AM #23 of 116
So why the assumption you're passed up because of the way you look? Why aren't you happy with what you have? You still want to be hit on despite being with someone? Jesus you're spoiled.
Well I'm in a class that studies relationships. I'm happy with the guy I'm with and I'm not looking for anyone else. Just the topic of why guys judge a girl based on looks comes up everyday in class and that guys are shallow. That's when my friend asked me how many guys judged me by my looks and didn't get to know me when we could've been a great couple. Also, the preps or other girls who spend so much money on nails, hair, tanning, new clothes all the time... is it all a waste because don't care? Or they do it for themselves to make them look beautiful... so they are insecure about their looks.

FELIPE NO
Phoenix X
Samurai

Member 10673

Level 8.06

Aug 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:18 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 12:48 PM #24 of 116
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
What about naturally dark skin, say, with someone from a warmer climate? I really like medium-dark brown. Fake tans don't do it for me, though. It has to be natural.

I notice cliche things like eyes and face, along with creativity or talent in some form of the arts. But how do you notice that, Yamabananafanadingdong, you ask, with no question mark, of course, since Megalith has made it impossible to differentiate between a statement and a question. Well, if I see someone painting a picture or playing an instrument or whatever, I'm more likely to notice them and make an effort to talk to them.
Well, if you spent the whole summer out enjoying yourself and your skin is a tell-tale brown as a result, I like it a lot. I don't really have much of a preference in terms of skin color, so long as you aren't harming yourself in the attempt. I think natural is beautiful, and anyone who covers up their natural features with makeup or chemical/artificial tans looks pretty stupid to me.

I totally agree with you on the point of creativity and talent. That's not often a first impression kinda thing, but it has a huge effect on me when it is. You can see some signs of that in the person's manner and style of dress, though, which is why I like fashion so much. For me, clothes are an artform, and if you can be creative in the way you present yourself, there's a good chance you're creative in other fields as well. Artists, to me, are by far the most attractive people on this planet. If you've got no interest in the arts, I've got equal interest in you. :P

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:28 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 11:28 AM #25 of 116
The first thing, the very first thing I notice about a girl, before I notice anything else, her figure, hips, breasts, hair, legs, etc, is the manner in which she smiles. I can tell a great deal about someone's character simply by observing their smile. Anyone can have a great personality, but the true nature of their character will always shine through.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do guys notice in a girl?