Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2012, 02:04 PM Local time: May 28, 2012, 12:04 PM #126 of 497
That is the best weapon so far.

Dag: I had to shed my magic finding gear because hell won't cut you slack. Went from 98% to 44%. But I more or less maintained that 98 throughout my nightmare run.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 05:22 AM #127 of 497
Of course the servers are going down for 8 hours right when I'm waking up on my day off. Great.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 08:40 AM Local time: May 29, 2012, 06:40 AM #128 of 497
Anyone still have a demo code? Two of my coworkers keep telling me I need to get the game, but I'm worried I've burned myself out on the point & click games with how much time I spent on Diablo 2 to really enjoy 3.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 09:06 AM #129 of 497
Sending one your way right now.

Edit: Sent, I am officially out of codes now :P

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; May 29, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 10:50 AM Local time: May 29, 2012, 07:50 AM #130 of 497
I suppose I should give this game a try if anyone has any extra codes.

Also I am not surprised that Wizard is pretty horrible early level. The same fate was held over the Sorceress' head in D2. She didn't really get awesome until you got firewall/hydra/frozen orb and had the points in warmth to back up spamming said spells.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 11:13 AM #131 of 497
Patch notes (you can actually run the client and get the patch, but when you try to actually login you get kicked back to desktop to get the patch you already have, and the game crashes lol):

Quote:
Diablo III Patch Notes
Diablo III Patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749

Classes
Monk
Active Skills
Serenity
Skill Rune - Tranquility
Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second

Bug Fixes
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Bug Report forum.
General
Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in
The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader
Achievements
All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower
Acts
Act IV
Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target

Auction House
The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage"
The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues
Battle.net
The public chat list will now sort alphabetically
Classes
Witch Doctor
Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment
If you find the play experience undesirable you may exit the game and resume this download.
Monk players seem to be particularly unhappy; it seems like they have a hard time already on Inferno, apparently that nerf is pretty bad for them but I have no point of reference.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 06:03 PM Local time: May 29, 2012, 04:03 PM #132 of 497
Pretty much. We're supposed to tank in some places but man. Most of the good parties I was in involved some kind of massed missile/arcane spam from afar. Takes the load off my back, I'd say. 59 monk and shit, Inferno will kick me in the ass so much.

Also this is pretty much my tactics when dealing with hordes:

YouTube Video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 06:48 PM #133 of 497
Servers are hilariously still down. They came up for about 2-3 hours (around 2:15pm EST) then have been back down since about 5:30pm EST. At this point I'm actually pretty pissed, we're two weeks out from launch and you've having 8 hour maintenance followed but unexpected emergency downtime? The fuck.

I was speaking idiomatically.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 08:05 PM Local time: May 29, 2012, 07:05 PM #134 of 497
If you had played Diablo II online, you would understand that this is common.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2012, 09:13 PM Local time: May 29, 2012, 08:13 PM 3 #135 of 497
If you'd played Diablo II, you'd know you could still play offline if you wanted.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 08:29 AM Local time: May 30, 2012, 06:29 AM #136 of 497
I can't wait to see what problems arise when Blizzard decides to finally launch RMAH. There must be plenty of error codes that haven't been used yet.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 09:47 AM #137 of 497
They're probably trying to quell the "AMG I WAS HACKEDED!!11" shit first before bringing in the Real Money Auction House. Which I somehow knew that it wouldn't take long after the game launched for that to happen in the first place.

Authenticators are a pretty nice investment, but it also helps that if some people were not stupid and bought gold from gold sellers from 3rd party websites or too lazy to level and buy power leveling services, or heaven forbid not keep a clean PC or even being royally stupid and clicking on emails that say they can get free stuff if they enter their info including secret question answers and passwords.

But of course, that's all "Blizzard's Fault" I suppose amirite?

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 10:06 AM #138 of 497
But Bliiiiiizzaaaaaard, I bought a *sniffle* weapon on your auction houuuuse and then my account was haaaaacked and the mean hackers gave all my stuff to packraaaaaat *cry* Can I *blow nose* have my $250 back, pleeeeeeeease?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 06:32 PM #139 of 497
Given that there are still widespread issues with people buying stuff on the AH and not actually getting it but having the money taken, or people are not getting the money for their items that sold I'd say the RMAH is going to be a total clusterfuck. Right now they're aiming for a 6/12 date which I doubt is going to happen. If that thing isn't on complete lockdown it's going to be bad; at this point with the game having been out you're not seeing news stories from outlets about people bitching for the game being down for most of a day, but when people start losing real money hoooo boy.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 08:58 PM Local time: May 30, 2012, 06:58 PM #140 of 497
I should mention that I actually had my account hijacked about a week into the game launch. The funny bit is that it happened while I was actually online playing, so I got to watch myself get booted off and then have my password changed. I certainly never tried to purchase gold or anything and I only ever entered my login info through the battlenet site (which I reach by typing in the url), so that was kind of a trip. I keep a pretty clean computer and all, but I suppose the only answer has to be that I let something slip in somewhere... or something. Got control of my account within a couple minutes of being booted off, but that was enough to wipe my character clean. Anyway.

Authenticators are nice and all, but I dunno why they can't just pack one in with the game. Granted, there are mobile authenticators (which I use now), but I didn't know about them until after the fact. Blizzard should consider maybe heavily advertising authenticators on the patcher instead of the game itself. I mean, I figure you already own the game if you're seeing the patcher to begin with.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 09:18 PM #141 of 497
Sometimes all it takes is for them to get your email address and then brute force your account. They actually wanted to pack them in with Cataclysm, but there are people whining about them being "mandatory" and why should they be forced to use them when "stupid people" can't keep their PCs clean and all that jazz.

I wish they would pack them in with their games. Just bump the price up $10 and bam, authenticators. But I've had one since before Wrath when my sister's account got snaked. Didn't want to take the chance of mine being that way too.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 09:58 PM Local time: May 30, 2012, 08:58 PM #142 of 497
Were you playing in a public game, Saka? Odds are what's been going on is a server exploit that's allowing hackers to duplicate your session ID in-game. A handful of people with authenticators have reported being hacked under such circumstances; authenticators wouldn't be able to prevent anything. So yes, this could be a security flaw that is Blizzard's fault.

[tin foil hat mode]Or maybe they're doing it themselves just to sell authenticators! Though I don't know how well that will play into their strategy of nerfing everything to the point where the RMAH is necessary, so Bobby Kotick can personally create and sell the best items.[/tin foil hat mode]

How ya doing, buddy?

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Last edited by StarmanDX; May 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 10:39 PM #143 of 497
Wouldn't it put it past Blizzard doing that, actually. :P Well if there's a public server exploit, I'm not touching public games. I'll just join up with real ID/battletag friends.

With that exploit though, it makes sense now why Blizzard has it set about if you're hacked once with the RMAH, you're required to get an authenticator before you can use it again. If it happens again, its permanently disabled. Yeah, that's something they need to get fixed fast.

FELIPE NO

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 30, 2012, 11:30 PM Local time: May 30, 2012, 09:30 PM #144 of 497
No, I hadn't played in any public games. One of the conspiracy theories I read involved something with achievements being publicly visible, and prior to getting hijacked I had just hit 50. But they're all just conspiracy theories for now, anyway.

Naturally, part of me wishes there was really a big exploit going on causing these hacks so that at least I could feel like getting hijacked wasn't entirely my fault. :U

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 09:09 AM #145 of 497
Got to act II inferno this morning. Died twenty four times getting to the first waypoint. I killed maybe three hornets, and that was it. One hit takes off more than half my health! It's so much fun!!

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:24 AM #146 of 497
I'm still in nightmare mode. Haven't even got the crown yet. I keep farming the area to see if I luck out and get some decent drops. Died to champions and elites a good 10 times already. Havin' a blast myself.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 03:33 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2012, 01:33 PM #147 of 497
Since you're running demon hunter, what's your dps, vitality and dexterity? Also to improve you chances I'd getting better loot, I'd advise getting gear with magic find on them.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 05:26 PM #148 of 497
My gear and stats are pretty awful right now. I just spent 8,000g on a 1h handbow that doubled what my 2h-er did. The buyouts on some of this shit are ludicrous. I think my dps is something like 525 or something like that. I'll just keep at it. :P

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 05:40 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2012, 03:40 PM #149 of 497
What level are you right now? Also anything below 1,000 DPS for nightmare is going to be a pain in the ass. This is specially true for Hell and Inferno runs later on (and as Radez posted earlier, Inferno is no slouch. He has at the very least 15,000 dps and still dies easily. Then again, Wizard and all that but still. I have about 10k dps without buffs and about 22k life and STILL die from elite packs and whatnot. That's why I grind Hell for loot) and Vitality and Dexterity 'cause survivability and Dex for the damage for the DH.

Anyway, no rush. AH prices are fucking ridiculous so I suggest buying decent shit for around 10k apiece for each gear, if you can. :P

Last edited by Single Elbow; Jun 2, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 06:16 PM #150 of 497
I just hit 35 earlier today, been bouncing around between D3, WoW and Mists beta, so that's why I'm not as far in D3 as most everyone else is.

I just farm that area before the crown crypts. Unless there's a better place to farm for my level?

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII