Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you collect?

Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:40 AM #26 of 117
Coins. I'm particularly fond of Morgan Dollars and Liberty Halves, but I maintain a general collection of Pre-1965 U.S. Coins and various coins from around the world.

I have an incredibly vast library, but I don't consider myself a "collector" of books - I just read them. The only true collectibles would be a signed first edition of Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule and a 1865 book of Poetry, but that's not enough for me to call it a collection.

Headphones, to an extent. I don't collect them so much as use them, but I do have three high-end pairs at the moment, so it's kind of a collection.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:59 AM #27 of 117
Anything related to giant monsters(such as Godzilla or Gamera). I have a semi-large collection of Godzilla figures, big and small.

I also have small collections of Mega Man,Sonic and DragonBall stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Celisasu
Tattered Wings

Member 8011

Level 9.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 03:01 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 12:01 PM #28 of 117
Videogames, anime, assorted collectible card games, wargames(tabletop, board, it's all good), RPGs, science fiction stuff, fantasy stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 03:23 PM #29 of 117
Police patches. I have about 200 from the U.S. and a few international ones. I post the patch in a photo album, usually with the letter from the department, or a patrol car photo, or some type of info about the city where the patch is from.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RadioDaze
Puff Puff Puff! Go! Go! Go!

Member 8045

Level 2.38

Jun 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 03:23 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 12:23 PM #30 of 117
I gave up collecting after I realized how much bloody space it takes up. I tend to move often, and have subsiquently given up such collections as my transformers, die cast cars, models, enough lego to build a civilization, etc. I did keep a few things, GI Joe figures, GI Joe comic collection, and my star wars figures. Now I just collect MP3's and *ahm* digital media

How ya doing, buddy?
Azi
Chocobo

Member 341

Level 14.10

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 03:27 PM #31 of 117
I love to collect purses! I have tons of them in my wardrobe. When I go out, the purse I use always has to fit my clothes. I regularly buy new handbags even if I don't need to

I have many fragrance bottles of various sizes, such as Givenchy, Lacoste, Baby Phat, Calvin Klein, etc.

I also collect tiny bottles of alcohol. I buy new ones every time I go to the airport because I can't find them in regular stores.

FELIPE NO
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 12:29 AM #32 of 117
When I was in elementary school, I used to collect the Mighty Max toy sets. The large sets like Doom Mountain and the Magnus, the medium and smaller sized heads with the dungeons inside, and even the itty bitty ones where Max barely fit in the head standing up. Those things were really cool. I think I just might have every one ever....but they're out of reach in an obscure box in my basement. They're as good as gone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 05:02 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 10:02 AM #33 of 117
Pez dispensers. You know, those sweets you load into the little spring-loaded column with the head on top. They look like drug paraphernalia. I've got well over 800; I've been collecting the damn things since I was three. Now I've got two of the original "block head" ones, and one of the soft-head ultra-rare Mickey Mouse ones. Not sure where they all are today (I haven't picked up any new ones for about a year), but eh.

I'm thinking of starting a vinyl collection soon.

edit: Oh, and scifi novels. I have several thousand - Mainly hand-downs from my brother and godfather. I've only read maybe 400 of them though; mainly the Asimov and PKD stuff.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 12:15 PM #34 of 117
I'm a big collector of cartoons from the 80's and the early 90's. Anytime that a licensed boxed set comes out of any cartoons from that time line, I try my best to pick them up as soon as they come out.

I'm also a yu-gi-oh card collector. I use to play the game a while back, but I gave up playing the game but I still like to collect the cards nonetheless.

lol_nl
Chocobo

Member 8475

Level 9.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:17 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 02:17 PM #35 of 117
I used to collect stamps when I was young (boring, eh?).
Then I gave up.

Now I collect nothing in particular, well.. maybe CDs then.

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:20 PM #36 of 117
I have a big collection of AOL discs. I have no idea why I collect them because I don't use them. Before I got DSL, I was forced to open one and I got quite upset. I still grab them wherever I see them.

I also have my comic collection, which consists of Star Trek~TNG mainly and trading cards from the entire series minus Voyager and Enterprise. I also collect Sanrio stuff, which I haven't recently.

How ya doing, buddy?
ROBOTRON
100% Pure Robot !!!

Member 4055

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:27 PM #37 of 117
I collect action figures as well as old/new videogames and systems.

My action figure collection has grown to over 300 dating back as far as 1990. I have several figures that have increased in value and worth over $100. I collect mostly super hero/villians and videogame chars as well as some anime figures. Most of my collection, I'd say 90% are still carded...meaning they are still in blister packs. I display them pegged just like they were on display at the store. This is not a hinderence because I do not play with or pose my figures...they are just for display. Here is a sample pic of my collection:

I am currently running out of room, so my collecting has slowed down considerably.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I collect Wacky Packages.

Fight Like A Robot!

Last edited by ROBOTRON; Jun 19, 2006 at 06:03 PM.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 08:46 PM #38 of 117
I'm, very slowly, collecting consoles. So far I've gathered a N64, a SNES, a NES and a Dreamcast. Not very impressive, but as time goes by I hope I get my hands on at least most of the consoles released in Europe. (Though I might consider getting a Virtual Boy if I get the chance...)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 02:19 PM #39 of 117
I would like to collect Sega consoles. So far I have a Sega Genesis, Dreamcast and Nomad . I have a controller and game for the Saturn, but what I really want is a 32X so I can play Kolbri and Knuckles Chaotix.

And yes, I know ROMS exist. But I like to have the actual system.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:25 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 08:25 PM #40 of 117
Oh, and to state the obvious I have a music collection, too. I started in September 2004; now I have a 70-album-strong stock of metal, industrial and rock stuff.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:07 PM #41 of 117
I collect piano books, but not individual sheet music. I prefer the Urtext editions over all else, since they stay true to the original markings. So I mostly have sonata books from various composers lying around unplayed.

In terms of manga, I'm currently planning to collect all of Nodame Cantabile, and have Vols. 5-10 of Petshop of Horrors.

I collect FF X-2 room decorations and memorabila such as posters, card sets, and wall scrolls, despite no longer having the game, and not having finished it.

I'm collecting funny Sunday comics to put on my dresser to replace some pictures that are folding over with the weight of years.

As well, I'm starting to collect videogame plushies when possible.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 02:39 PM #42 of 117
I have small, but growing collections of swords, anime/video game peraphernalia (sp?) anime and manga. With manga, mainly Bleach and Trigun. I've been trying to get around to updating my Bleach collection, since there's two more volumes out now, I believe, but I've watched the anime past what's out in the manga now, so I'm not as motivated about it anymore.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:47 PM #43 of 117
At various times, I've collected football cards, baseball cards, Heroclix, and even Tracy Lawrence tapes. However, these days I really only focus on collecting Pokémon cards. I guess you could say I collect comic books, but that's not really true. As Lord Jaroh put it, they're mainly for reading. Though, I'll probably be putting a stop to that collection shortly...

Last edited by Acro-nym; Jun 19, 2006 at 05:53 PM.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:48 AM #44 of 117
I have a nice collection of swords & knifes (display puposes only) I've got 9 swords and 2 knifes, i would have more if it weren't for lack of space for them in my room. I also collect Burago model cars, mainly the Disney ones.

When i was younger i used to collect postcards. yes, postcards.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:35 PM #45 of 117
At one time, when I was younger, I collected keys "seriously." I used them to pretend, with my bike, that I was driving a car.
Lots of people seemed to have old keys that they didn't need...

Now I don't really collect anything in particular, unless random crap is an option.

ziggythecat
I like Chocolate Milk

Member 8650

Level 10.49

Jun 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 07:31 PM #46 of 117
Star Wars action figures and Superman comics. as it seems right now, I'm beginning a cat collection also. I have 4. Hope the wife doesn't try to bring anymore home.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I like your booty but I'm not gay.
acc011
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5557

Level 1.00

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:20 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 04:20 PM #47 of 117
Ten years ago, I collected Postage stamps

Most amazing jew boots
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:50 AM #48 of 117
I collect DVDs and books as more passive hobby, if you know what I mean. I have a lot of them but they aren't something I build up just for the sake of collection.

Things I deliberately collect for the sake of collecting? Pretty much just coins. I used to collect shells, rocks, bugs, and countless other worthless things I thought were cool, lol.

Mostly it's foreign coins, but I do collect US Mint proof sets for every year of my birth. I also have several old American coins, as well as some old paper money from around the world. Most of my money gets poured into my comptuer now, lol, so other than proof sets, it isn't really a very active hobby anymore.

Double Post:
I've halfway started a Queen collection. I've got the Crown Jewels collection, Greatest Hits I & II gold package, Greatest Hits I We Will Rock You Edition, and a couple posters. I want to get some records, but that's kind of pointless to get a record player, and I'm having trouble finding something within my budget . Like I said, a lot of my money gets poured (If I'm honest, quite needlessly) into my computer .

So basically there isn't much there, but there's an active interest in expanding it.

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; Jun 20, 2006 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Scumbag Harry
Nuts of Lard

Member 1214

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:28 PM #49 of 117
Reggae CDs: Bob Marley, Toots and the Maytals, Augustus Pablo and the likes. Also, I'm nearly done finding every tome of the magnificent manga series Heomokadji-Takaeme NoikaaarutsuUUUuuKI-KuJAAAAAAAlitooooOOO!!!!!11111 ^_^

You and your family are going to DIE!
RattyHair
Yeah. Something like that ^

Member 8641

Level 1.21

Jun 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:41 PM #50 of 117
i collect via torrents different kinds of music production programs. almost all of them i have not used for more than 1 hour at a time. my collection ranges from various synthesizer and instrument emulators(native instruments b4, sequential circuits emulators) to larger scale production programs like cakewalk dimension pro, east-west quantum leap, finale, and others.

i collect a lot of sheet music as well, both through gff's sheet music thread and real life purchases. i try hard to get complete collections for each composer which can be a tedious affair for the major composers or those who did not number their scores consistently.

i think some day i might share my complete collection with the net as soon as i finish sorting, which might be never.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > What do you collect?