Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Further Proof That Texans Are Some Trigger-Happy Crackers

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:47 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 12:47 PM #26 of 127
I've already professed to not being an expert on guns, so maybe it's easier than I would've thought to hit a moving target as small as a kneecap with a shotgun.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wanzer Radio
Banned

Member 26571

Level 5.11

Nov 2007

Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:58 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 11:58 AM #27 of 127
I wouldn't use a shotgun. But let's say I did. Aim at the mid to lower shins and all bases should be covered. I'm the pistol type, myself. The lower the caliber the better. Lodging a bullet in someone's flesh has got to be some rewarding shiot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:05 PM #28 of 127
I think it's particularly telling that he told the 911 operator beforehand that he intended to kill them. KILL them, not just shoot to disable until the authorities showed up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cohen
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 25986

Level 1.21

Nov 2007

Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:12 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 10:12 PM #29 of 127
I couldn' agree more with Sassafrass. The nut took TWO LIVES. Those people had family, they had people who cared about them and he suddenly has the right to take their lives just because they were taking some other guys' stuff? Man, I know people can be materialistic, but this is really stretching it a bit. Even if they were thieves, they did NOT deserve this.

Also, according to the article posted by Encephalon, there are some cases where someone's allowed to defend a neighbours' property, but this doesn't seem to be valid here.

Quote:
Texas law allows people to use deadly force to protect themselves if it is reasonable to believe they could otherwise be killed. In some cases, people also can use deadly force to protect their neighbors' property; for example, if a homeowner asks a neighbor to watch over his property while he's out of town.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:52 PM 3 #30 of 127
Such a snooty little bitch, aren't you Capo?

Even if the guys had obeyed the 911 operator's commands, this guys lives in a well off neighborhood. Places like this are target-areas for burglaries. Not to mention, most criminals that get away with a crime tend to repeat the offense. I know that even from stunts I've pulled myself.

This guys house was in some form of risk if those men weren't caught. I've been robbed by niggers before, and my neighbors called it in. I sure wish they would've come out with a shotgun. But instead, all my belongings disappeared.
And you're a dumb little cunt, aren't you? Hey, look, I can call people names when I disagree with them too!

"Even if he had opeyed the 911 operators commands--" Allow me to finish that statement for you. The two victims would most likely have been apprehended, convicted, and sentenced for anything from Criminal Mischief to Robbery. You're ignoring the fact that before Mr. Horn decided to play hero he had provided the dispatcher with information regarding their build, clothing, and other details regarding their apperance.

As for the risk to the homeowner's house, well, as Sass has said, homeowner's insurance should have covered it. Not that I think there would be any reason as, again, I highly doubt the two victim's would have managed to escape.

I'm not sure which is more disgusting, your inability to support a controversial viewpoint, the obvious lack of respect for life, or your need to resort to name calling when confronted with someone who has enough sense to not kill someone over a bag of stuff.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Nov 27, 2007 at 04:13 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:24 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 02:24 PM #31 of 127
Don't most homeowners insurance policies come with some sort of deductible? In which case it may not have actually covered any of the stolen goods?

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:30 PM #32 of 127
Don't most homeowners insurance policies come with some sort of deductible? In which case it may not have actually covered any of the stolen goods?
I am pretty sure there is a deductible, but provided you have theft coverage, you should be fine on anything that is stolen from your property - including your vehicle, if parked on the premises at the time of theft. I don't know that there is a deductible for theft. I don't own a home, so I couldn't tell you. I will go research, though! It's useful to know!

Again, depends on your policy. The deductible is worth it, provided that the policy would certainly cover what was stolen. There are also little tidbits in there which you may need to prove. Like, you know, if someone stole your brand new 40 inch LCD TV, new sound system, shit like that - you'd need to prove it's worth if you intend to get a good amount back. Otherwise, you settle with shitty insurance decisions on actual cost of goods. (Shop smart, guys~)

As far as I know anyways. I'm not an expert - I only speak from the experiences I have had and experiences others I know have had.

At the same time, none of this actually warrants two deaths.

EDIT: Looks like in the state of Texas, home owner's insurance deductibles start at around $250. The higher you make the deductible, the more discount you get on the premium. THEFT is generally covered without deductibles, from what I can tell. Other things are not.

Also, some deductibles (including theft in most cases) are tax write-offs. =D

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Nov 27, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:33 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 03:33 PM #33 of 127
I guess I should beware of crazy people when I'm walking outside now.

Gech might mistake me for a robber and pop a cap in my ass >=(

Never gonna take the 30 minute drive to meet you now Gech

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeâ„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:47 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 04:47 PM #34 of 127
Even if this guy is put on trial, we have this wonderful thing called -- Jury nullification.

If I met the guy in person, I'd buy him a drink at the local bar.

He clearly said "Move....you're dead"

Obviously, one of them moved towards him in a way that scared him and he fucked them boys off.

This man deserves a medal.

I'm tellin y'all boys -- Texas boys don't fuck around.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:08 PM 2 #35 of 127
Even if this guy is put on trial, we have this wonderful thing called -- Jury nullification.

If I met the guy in person, I'd buy him a drink at the local bar.

He clearly said "Move....you're dead"

Obviously, one of them moved towards him in a way that scared him and he fucked them boys off.

This man deserves a medal.

I'm tellin y'all boys -- Texas boys don't fuck around.
No, he said, "Boom, you're dead." There was no pause, there was no attempt to halt the victims whatsoever. Don't worry my illustrious Neo-Conservative Rhyme-Master, this is not a 2ed Amendment issue, and nobody is going to try to take away your gats.

Go crawl back underneath your hole in PP, your particular brand of ignorance isn't needed here.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:16 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 03:16 PM #36 of 127
Look... All I'm saying is: Aim for the kneecaps, you fuckwits. It hurts a lot more than you think and you can avoid the "AWW HELL NAW! THEM NIGGAS AIN'T TAKIN' MY STRAP" argument.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:33 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 05:33 PM #37 of 127
I guess I should beware of crazy people when I'm walking outside now.

Gech might mistake me for a robber and pop a cap in my ass >=(

Never gonna take the 30 minute drive to meet you now Gech
That's right. Just keep on walkin'... =U Also, I'm in B/CS now =3 No more Hoo-stun for me~
Look... All I'm saying is: Aim for the kneecaps, you fuckwits. It hurts a lot more than you think and you can avoid the "AWW HELL NAW! THEM NIGGAS AIN'T TAKIN' MY STRAP" argument.
... Says the self-proclaimed "bad shot"!

Anyhow, let's not forget the screwy frivolous lawsuits that result from letting criminals live. I remember a few years back someone putting a slug in to some fucker's knee-cap, and HE ended up getting sued by the criminal that invaded his home.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:33 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 11:33 PM #38 of 127
I think the fact that he told the operator his intentions sorta nulls this arugment a bit. If nothing else, he's stupid.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:24 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 06:24 PM #39 of 127
Anyhow, let's not forget the screwy frivolous lawsuits that result from letting criminals live. I remember a few years back someone putting a slug in to some fucker's knee-cap, and HE ended up getting sued by the criminal that invaded his home.
Use of deadly force is usually justified when it's your own home that's being invaded. When there's enough reason to believe that your person could be in danger.

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 07:03 PM 2 #40 of 127
I heard "Move you're dead" myself.

Also, didn't the article say something about how when he left the house, he found them in his yard, close to his house, facing him? No one's addressed that.

It's a little disheartening the way some people are mourning these thieves. They had families! So if if I'm stealing a bunch of shit, and I get blown away, but I've neglected to breed first, I'm less deserving of sympathy?

I can't really feel sorry for them. The idea that they'd violate someone's home like that. It's a little like rape to me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 07:59 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 04:59 PM 2 #41 of 127
Such a snooty little bitch, aren't you Capo?
Lethal force should always be the last resort. That clearly was not the case here.

Some have asserted that the criminals-turned-victims "deserved" what they got. Please explain to me how the loss of your life is fair punishment for breaking and entering. Personally, I don't feel the loss of one's life is fair punishment for anything, but I can at least understand it in a select few instances. A crime as petty as this, though, one that would hardly warrant extensive jail time, warranting death as retribution is beyond absurd. The value with which some of you put on all that we have, all that we ever will have, is saddening.

Last edited by YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE; Nov 27, 2007 at 08:09 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:08 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 06:08 PM #42 of 127
It's a little disheartening the way some people are mourning these thieves. They had families! So if if I'm stealing a bunch of shit, and I get blown away, but I've neglected to breed first, I'm less deserving of sympathy?
You're just hating on the breeders.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:16 PM 1 #43 of 127
First, get the dick out of your ass. No one mourns gay people, instead we picket their funerals.

Second, you still have siblings and parents who depend on you in their old age. Unless you sprung fully-formed from the ground, in which case you're neither gay nor a thief, but a ficus plant.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:05 PM #44 of 127
It's not exactly all that clear what happened when the old man with a shotgun went face to face with the thieves. Some people are operating with the paradigm that he went out there expressly to kill. In which case, the deaths of the thieves are a direct result of their crime.

There is the possibility he went out there to stop the theft from happening. In that context, the thieves could have stopped when he said "move you're dead." There was a decision that could have been made that would have avoided death. They didn't make it.

Kind of like if I run at an air marshal waving a jet black water pistol. I'm aware that the consequence of that is that I run the risk of getting shot. Old guy with a shotgun facing you telling you if you move you're dead, and you choose to move? Yeah the guy shot them, and so he gets to deal with those consequences. Doesn't mean the thieves are blameless in this.

It occurred to me too that I remember some of the people in this thread lamenting the loss of life on the part of the thieves gathered around not too long ago to laugh at some poor sap who committed suicide on the internet.

Most amazing jew boots
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:17 PM 2 2 #45 of 127
I just listened/watched the YouTube video. I am even more astonished at some of the reactions here.

It seems that he is calling from his home. Horn says "I will go out there and shoot them." He mentions how he shouldn't have to risk his life - then why does he. YOU KNOW two people, possibly armed, are breaking in next door. And you go out there to confront them with a shotgun. He is INDOORS when he makes the call: "If I go out there..." The guy is INSIDE when he makes the call and DECIDED to go out and shoot these two guys.

He also thinks something bad happened on "September the first." What the fuck.

He took it upon himself to go outside and take "justice" into his own goddamn hands and SHOT the two men. Murdered them. Over theft.

That's so unheard of to me. You people think the appropriate penalty to two thieves is death by a shotgun.

It's even more startling when you hear it in the audio.

"They came in the front yard with me. I had no CHOICE!"

HE PROVOKED THEM. Fucking MORON. He went out with the EXPRESSED PURPOSE of confronting them. And the cops reacted pretty badly to what he did, too.

I can't believe some of you people. I really, really can't.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:21 PM #46 of 127
No, he said, "Boom, you're dead."
He said "Move, you're dead." Texas drawl man, texas drawl.

Additional Spam:
He also thinks something bad happened on "September the first." What the fuck.
You sure you were listening clearly Sass? He said he had a right to defend him self prior to certain laws changing back on 9/11. For all the criticism you guys are giving those of us who felt he was in the wrong, you people certainly aren't paying any fucking attention.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Nov 27, 2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:31 PM 1 #47 of 127
You sure you were listening clearly Sass? He said he had a right to defend him self prior to certain laws changing back on 9/11. For all the criticism you guys are giving those of us who felt he was in the wrong, you people certainly aren't paying any fucking attention.
I wasn't the only one who heard "September the first." But I wrote a lot more in that post. It was just an aside. You aren't really addressing those points, so

Yes, Devo. The Mexicans always provoke the whites in Texas! It is fact of life! (I'm joking. I am pretty sure you were too. I hope.)

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:44 PM 1 #48 of 127
Sass, you're all for battered women taking responsibility for shit and doing something about it. You're advocating this guy just sit there and watch a theft take place without doing something to stop it, when he's had no clear reassurance from the authorities they'll be able to do anything? All he's got after 8 minutes on the phone is "Officers are on the way just stay inside."

You look at how critical people have been about officials and their management of crises, and you honestly expect this particular person to be reassured by something as vague as that?

I can't believe some of you people. You're encouraging us to allow ourselves to be victimized.

Also, provoking. Dudes are robbing the house next door. Guy decides to go outside and stop it. How the fuck is going outside to stop something more provocative than the something one is going outside to stop? Further, he says "Move, you're dead."

Now, if a cop yells "Move and I'll shoot," and the perp moves, would you say the cop provoked him? Come on.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Radez; Nov 27, 2007 at 09:46 PM.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:46 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 06:46 PM 5 1 #49 of 127
I'm criticizing the use of lethal force, and people contending that it was somehow justified. Nothing more.

Last edited by YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE; Nov 27, 2007 at 09:48 PM.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:46 PM #50 of 127
Sass, you're all for battered women taking responsibility for shit and doing something about it. You're advocating this guy just sit there and watch a theft take place without doing something to stop it, when he's had no clear reassurance from the authorities they'll be able to do anything? All he's got after 8 minutes on the phone is "Officers are on the way just stay inside."

You look at how critical people have been about officials and their management of crises, and you honestly expect this particular person to be reassured by something as vague as that?

I can't believe some of you people. You're encouraging us to allow ourselves to be victimized.
Yes, "victimized." When the proper thing is to KILL! We all should know better. When someone steals your shit, you murder them.

I thought *I* had anger issues.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Further Proof That Texans Are Some Trigger-Happy Crackers