Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Thoughts on racism

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:41 AM #101 of 215
Originally Posted by kat
Don't fucking patronize me, especially since you're the bigot in this scenario.
Why, because I have a bunch of fucking idiots who can't realize that when I say that the current emphasis on subject A isn't called for, I don't mean that we shouldn't learn about it at all?

Because I'm realistic enough to realize that men played a larger role in history in women? That isn't being a bigot, that's admitting to the truth, and not being a bitch because I'm pissed about how little women are mentioned in a stupid textbook.

Quote:
And I'm really amazed you still remember the layout of your history book from 3 years ago that woman's suffrage was in a box off to the top right side on page 392.
Way to take what I say out of fucking context. That seems to be the rule of thumb on this forum.

if (braincellcount < 100 )
makeupbullshit(rand(5));
if (braincellcount < 200 )
putwordsinmouth(rand(5));

It isn't that difficult to remember that I learned a fair bit about women's suffrage.

I was speaking idiomatically.

FGSFDS!!!
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:44 AM #102 of 215
Originally Posted by a lurker
You did say it. I posted a link previously in regards to that. If that's not what you meant, perhaps you shouldn't have used car worship as an example of differences between hispanics and white folks. I mean, is it that difficult to say what you mean?
Maybe you shouldn't try to pull a bunch of bullshit out of people's posts that was never there in the first place.

Why the fuck is everything black and white with you? If one culture worships cars, the other CAN'T. Saying something shouldn't have AS MUCH importance means I'm saying that it shouldn't be taught at all.

My point was the hispanic culture in general takes much better care of their cars, and puts a lot more money into them than white people do. Notice the key word "in general" there. There's obvious exceptions to every rule.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:47 AM #103 of 215
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Why, because I have a bunch of fucking idiots who can't realize that when I say that the current emphasis on subject A isn't called for, I don't mean that we shouldn't learn about it at all?
It means you think we should learn less of it, and more (I guess) of your favourite European countries and dudes. Do you honestly think you're convincing anyone of anything other than your inability to read context? Look, that is a trait most folks have; if you don't, I guess you can't help it, but that doesn't mean you ought to be dictating curricula when you barely know the history yourself.

I bet there's a lot of hispanics in this car.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 11:48 PM #104 of 215
Maybe you shouldn't try to pull a bunch of bullshit out of people's posts that was never there in the first place.

Why the fuck is everything black and white with you? If one culture worships cars, the other CAN'T. Saying something shouldn't have AS MUCH importance means I'm saying that it shouldn't be taught at all.

My point was the hispanic culture in general takes much better care of their cars, and puts a lot more money into them than white people do. Notice the key word "in general" there. There's obvious exceptions to every rule.
I have a Dodge Stealth and a 99 Benz that would argue with your statment. I think that mexican culture puts emphasis on a different kind of car usage. It's comparing apples and oranges and expecting to classify them as pomegranates. Blanket statements are as bad as polarizing everything into two categories.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 10:49 PM #105 of 215
My point was the hispanic culture in general takes much better care of their cars, and puts a lot more money into them than white people do.
How is that a cultural thing? I thought some people just take good care of thier cars. Especially when you live in the south west that you have to drive everywhere.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:49 AM #106 of 215
Originally Posted by Devo
So instead of explaining yourself better you're going to assume we're the inept ones (despite more than 3 people telling you different). Could you try trolling harder, I didn't the message.
I've explained myself as much as I would need to to anyone of normal intelligence. You are just too fucking stupid to understand what I've been saying, despite me repeating it numerous times over the past hour, very clearly. All you care about is latching on to a single sentence that I post, trying to make it look like THAT is my primary emphasis, and PMSing all over it.

Quote:
The point isn't how much one sex did more than the other. The point is realizing just how much women have been ignored within history and by the history writers.
Which I've already said and agreed to. Way to completely turn my words around in a different direction.

Quote:
When several people are on your case about your wording and attitude, you think it could possibly be something needs changing on your end?
When I realize that people aren't getting what I'm saying, I KNOW it isn't something that needs changing on my end. I'm sick and tired of you and others putting words in my mouth, bringing in random subjects, turning my words around in another direction, etc. Who knows, maybe I do need to be more clear. Reading back over it, it doesn't seem to be too hard to comprehend.

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:49 AM #107 of 215
Why the fuck is everything black and white with you? If one culture worships cars, the other CAN'T.
You used it as an example of the differences between those two races, though. One can only assume that if you feel hispanics worship cars, then whites do not, or to not nearly a severe degree; if you did not feel this way you would not have said it.

Am I explaining contextual clues to you.

Quote:
My point was the hispanic culture in general takes much better care of their cars, and puts a lot more money into them than white people do.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:52 AM #108 of 215
All you care about is latching on to a single sentence that I post, trying to make it look like THAT is my primary emphasis, and PMSing all over it.
If you would stop repeating the same thing over and over ("The empathesis of this minority group in history class is way over-represented, I feel that we should learn more about the whites because they had the biggest impact on America") maybe we would too. But since that's your only point, well.

Double Post:
When I realize that people aren't getting what I'm saying, I KNOW it isn't something that needs changing on my end.
Are you Simply Majestic. Serious question.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sarag; Jun 20, 2006 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:53 AM #109 of 215
It means you think we should learn less of it, and more (I guess) of your favourite European countries and dudes. Do you honestly think you're convincing anyone of anything other than your inability to read context? Look, that is a trait most folks have; if you don't, I guess you can't help it, but that doesn't mean you ought to be dictating curricula when you barely know the history yourself.

Goddamit you are a fucking retard.

Why is so hard for you to realize that there is no point in spending an insanely large amount of time learning about the entire history of the slave trade in an AMERICAN HISTORY COURSE, which includes hundreds of other subjects.

I am NOT saying people should learn less of it, I am NOT saying people should learn more of Europeans, race has NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH THIS.

Relevance to American History is what is important. Slave trade is a big part of American History. But not such a big part that we need to start learning the entire history of West Africa instead of other, more relevant parts of American History.

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:54 AM #110 of 215
Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
To believe the corporate entity who dealt in slaves 100 years ago is just as evil now that the slave owner's grandchildren work there would be a ridiculous assumption.
I didn't say that, I said that there are still entites around that benefited directly from slavery.

Double Post:
Why is so hard for you to realize that there is no point in spending an insanely large amount of time learning about the entire history of the slave trade in an AMERICAN HISTORY COURSE, which includes hundreds of other subjects.

I am NOT saying people should learn less of it, I am NOT saying people should learn more of Europeans, race has NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH THIS.
So you feel the amount of time spent learning about slavery in America is unjustified (a week is unjustified? Two weeks?) but you don't think the amount of time should be lessened any.

Well then.

Last edited by Sarag; Jun 20, 2006 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:56 AM #111 of 215
If you would stop repeating the same thing over and over ("The empathesis of this minority group in history class is way over-represented, I feel that we should learn more about the whites because they had the biggest impact on America") maybe we would too. But since that's your only point, well.
How about you stop putting lies in my mouth directly contradicting that exact point, so I don't have to repeat myself to some fucking braindead prick who can't seem to grasp a very simple concept ->

"The emphasis of this minority group in history class is over-represented, I feel that we should learn more about European immigrants because they had a bigger impact on American society & politics."

Fixed.

FELIPE NO

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:57 AM #112 of 215
Relevance to American History is what is important. Slave trade is a big part of American History. But not such a big part that we need to start learning the entire history of West Africa instead of other, more relevant parts of American History.
Such as the crusades and the King James' book.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:59 AM #113 of 215
How about you stop putting lies in my mouth directly contradicting that exact point, so I don't have to repeat myself to some fucking braindead prick who can't seem to grasp a very simple concept ->

"The emphasis of this minority group in history class is over-represented, I feel that we should learn more about European immigrants because they had a bigger impact on American society & politics."

Fixed.
Hmm.... no, that's exactly what we got from what you said. No lies there sir.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:59 AM #114 of 215
So you feel the amount of time spent learning about slavery in America is unjustified (a week is unjustified? Two weeks?) but you don't think the amount of time should be lessened any.

Well then.
Time != Content.

Quote:
Such as the crusades and the King James' book.
There you go again. I never SAID this, nor do I think we should learn about this in AMERICAN HISTORY. No wonder you don't fucking understand a word of what I'm saying, you are to hung up on some apparant misconception of white superiority in what I've been saying.

Realizing that European immigrants played a larger role in the forming of American society isn't white superiority, its the fucking truth.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

FGSFDS!!!
daguuy
I am IronMan

Member 3545

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:59 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 11:59 PM #115 of 215
i'm not gonna do much arguuing or flaming, but here's my scoop on racism.

since yall seem to think history has everything to do with modern racism, so here's what's up with blacks and whites in history and why whites rightly get more attention:

-whites moved from white europe to a big chunk of land known today as the U.S.

-more whites moved over here from europe and helped build the US

-white king george taxed the white colonies so they had the whites vs. whites revolutionary war.

-white thomas jefferson and his white buddies founded the US.

-later on, the white spanish brought over blacks from africa

-the blacks were enslaved and the whites from the north didn't like that so they had the whites vs. whites civil war (union vs. white confederates)

-black martian luther king did his stuff

-US got in a war with japanese and white germans and white italians

-US got in a power struggle with white russions

-all that communism stuff happened with US vs. orientals (not africans)

so you can plainly see why whites get more attention than blacks in history; they were simply more involved.

And on a more practical note, blacks have a higher crime rate than whites. that's a plain a simple fact. nobody is enslaving them or any of that BS so they have no valid excuse for their crime rate. i'm not saying all blacks are criminls (far from it), but some of them (enough to give their race a generally bad reputation) do abuse their rough history just to try to get what they want instead of actually working for it.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:00 AM #116 of 215
Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
So what's the point?
It's really more of a contextual thing. A Just Sayin' sort of thing. Why?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:00 AM #117 of 215
Hmm.... no, that's exactly what we got from what you said. No lies there sir.
No, you & others have been REPEATEDLY stating my opinions as though I think we shouldn't learn jack shit about Black history.

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:03 AM #118 of 215
No, you & others have been REPEATEDLY stating my opinions as though I think we shouldn't learn jack shit about Black history.
Well, okay, I'll grant that you probably want children to learn an amount less than zero about blacks, but you want them to learn less than they're learning now and right now that's not a whole hell of a lot.

I'm saying that you base your arguments on ignorance of very simple things, and somehow feel qualified to keep going about it.

This man does not care about the quality of his car.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:04 AM #119 of 215
Originally Posted by Devo
Why do you insist on thinking we're referring to the slave trade? Especially when we've specifically told you there is more to America than revolting Puritans?
Ah, gee, because that's where black history begins in America?

You don't need to tell me that.

What you need to get through your thick skull is that the existence of political America was fueled by the colonists. The EUROPEAN colonists. This is why french & spanish interests in the Americas don't play such a big role in history textbooks.

Quote:
Why do you think in order for kids to learn about West African culture, something else has to be removed? You're assuming that school teaches you all you need to know, and it doesn't. Read up on your own like much of GFF does. Just because it wasn't taught in your Junior History class you think it's "not as relevant" to American history. Guess who writes Historic Standards.
I'm saying people don't need to learn the culture of West Africa, period. This is American History, not "Lets-throw-every-possible-minority-link-into-this-class-so-nobody-can-bitch-about-minority-injustice" class.

The culture of AFRICAN-AMERICANS is important to American History.

If you want to learn about the culture of West Africa, take a Black History class, or a World History class.

FELIPE NO

FGSFDS!!!
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:07 AM #120 of 215
The culture of AFRICAN-AMERICANS is important to American History.

If you want to learn about the culture of West Africa, take a Black History class, or a World History class.
You know that if we're talking the blacks that wound up in the south, that the majority of them are directly influenced by their lives in Haiti, which was used as a staging ground for west african slaves, right?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:09 AM #121 of 215
Well, okay, I'll grant that you probably want children to learn an amount less than zero about blacks, but you want them to learn less than they're learning now and right now that's not a whole hell of a lot.
No, I want them to keep learning the same things. At least the things they learn in this part of the country. You seem to want to either keep/add the entire history of West Africa, which is completely pointless. Although in California or other shit-for-brains states like that, I don't doubt they already do that, and in that case, YES, they should be learning LESS.

Quote:
This man does not care about the quality of his car.
Good for you, after several weeks, you finally found a couple of fucking exceptions.

FGSFDS!!!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:09 AM #122 of 215
=What you need to get through your thick skull is that the existence of political America was fueled by the colonists. The EUROPEAN colonists. This is why french & spanish interests in the Americas don't play such a big role in history textbooks.
France and Spain are not part of Europe.

You heard it here first, folks!

Quote:
I'm saying people don't need to learn the culture of West Africa, period.
Quote:
West African culture is an entirely different story. It is something that EXISTED IN AMERICA. Something with a DIRECT effect on American culture.
what

Quote:
This is American History, not "Lets-throw-every-possible-minority-link-into-this-class-so-nobody-can-bitch-about-minority-injustice" class.
Like Deni said, for a survey class, it absolutely is important to throw every possible aspect of America (minorities lol) in there so the student gets a grasp of a well-rounded history. You don't understand this? I don't know why. You're so wise for your nineteen-and-one-half years.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:10 AM #123 of 215
Originally Posted by Denicalis
You know that if we're talking the blacks that wound up in the south, that the majority of them are directly influenced by their lives in Haiti, which was used as a staging ground for west african slaves, right?
But why should this play a major part in American History? Why do we need to learn about the entire history, development, and culture of Haiti (or any other country mentioned in the past hour or so) just to understand that the African slaves brought some aspects of Haitian culture with them to Southern USA?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

FGSFDS!!!
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:12 AM #124 of 215
But why should this play a major part in American History? Why do we need to learn about the entire history, development, and culture of Haiti (or any other country mentioned in the past hour or so) just to understand that the African slaves brought some aspects of Haitian culture with them to Southern USA?
I don't think we should, but I also think that in survey courses it should at least get some time spent on it. If all we offer is your brand of history, we'll only get one kind of history student.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:13 AM #125 of 215
No, I want them to keep learning the same things.
So you do not feel that the attention paid to minorities' roles in American history is overblown and takes too much time? I am now confused.

Much like these people, who grew up believing they were not hispanic.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Thoughts on racism