Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "You'll Be Like Oh Shit Thats The Jam!" - Best Movies You've Seen In 2008

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:13 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2008, 07:13 PM #26 of 46
It was good - but it was no Open Range.
Yeah, Open Range is probably my favorite Costner flick ever. I still haven't seen "3:15 To Yuma" either and I hear that one is good.

LA Confidential
Fucking amazing, fun flick. Keeps you guessing and keeps you hooked every step of the way. This film comes as close to perfect as films get.
You barely saw this?!?!? Man, that's one of my Top 10 of all time. 11 years running and I watch it every 2 or 3 months like clockwork. Curtis Hanson really never made another movie that good again and it was a disgusting farce of an awards season that year when every major award was given to "Titanic" when this film deserved them all many times over. It truly IS an amazing film.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:15 PM #27 of 46
Yeah, Open Range is probably my favorite Costner flick ever. I still haven't seen "3:15 To Yuma" either and I hear that one is good.
I actually perfer the original 3:10 To Yuma but the remake is very good. Different but almost equal - like the Dawn Of The Dead remake.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:18 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2008, 09:18 PM #28 of 46
Most of you may not agree, but I found Iron Man to be amazing... then again he is one of my favorite comic book characters.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:09 AM #29 of 46
You barely saw this?!?!? Man, that's one of my Top 10 of all time. 11 years running and I watch it every 2 or 3 months like clockwork. Curtis Hanson really never made another movie that good again and it was a disgusting farce of an awards season that year when every major award was given to "Titanic" when this film deserved them all many times over. It truly IS an amazing film.
Thinking back the first time I actually saw it was in 2007 when I broke my foot, so I guess I was incorrect on that. But the point stands, yeah it was only the first time, and like you, it's in my top something. I think my top 15. I absolutely *adore* that movie.

Quote:
Most of you may not agree, but I found Iron Man to be amazing
I thought Iron Man was a great time.

Most amazing jew boots
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 03:12 AM #30 of 46

8 mile was good (Curtis Hanson directed). I didn't like 3:10 as much as I thought I would. I felt Christian Bale and to a lesser extent, Russel Crowe, weren't right for their roles.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 03:18 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2008, 01:18 PM #31 of 46
8 mile was good (Curtis Hanson directed)
It was OK. Wonder Boys was far better but none of Curtis' films have ever equaled the greatness of L.A. Confidential. EVER.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 03:28 PM #32 of 46
Movies I will hopefully watch before the year is out (have the DVDs sitting on the media shelf, just haven't sat and done it yet): Blazing Saddles (I KNOW I KNOW I AM FULL OF FAIL) and Inland Empire. The problem with Lynch's movies, at least for me, is that I have to have a good block of time before and after the movie to prepare and compress. They're such a religious experience (of sorts) that absorption is difficult without that time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 03:33 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2008, 03:33 PM #33 of 46
Movies I will hopefully watch before the year is out (have the DVDs sitting on the media shelf, just haven't sat and done it yet): Blazing Saddles (I KNOW I KNOW I AM FULL OF FAIL) and Inland Empire. The problem with Lynch's movies, at least for me, is that I have to have a good block of time before and after the movie to prepare and compress. They're such a religious experience (of sorts) that absorption is difficult without that time.
Dude, you have to get on that Blazing Saddles movie!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 03:42 PM #34 of 46
I own this and haven't even finished it. I love David Lynch movies but this one made no goddamned sense at all - and the digital camera photography looks more like a college student's thesus than a professional movie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 04:27 PM #35 of 46
... sometimes my arms bend back

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 07:02 PM #36 of 46
She's filled with secrets!

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 09:23 PM #37 of 46
Also, Mullholland Dr. stopped making clear sense after she opened the box, but then, in the words of the man, "I don't know what that means."

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:58 AM #38 of 46
Mulholland Drive looks like fucking Barney compared to the RABBIT SITCOM SEQUENCE in Inland Empire.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:09 PM #39 of 46
But isn't that just Rabbits put into the movie?

FELIPE NO
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:01 AM #40 of 46
I don't know about the best, but I can confirm that having just seen the Scarface remake a day or so ago, that's easily the worst in 2008.

Actually, I didn't watch many movies this year. Wasn't that many great ones that caught my eye.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:23 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2008, 10:23 PM #41 of 46
My top 10 would go something like this:
1. There Will Be Blood
2. Iron Man
3. Hellboy 2
4. Pineapple Express
5. Cloverfield
=6. Tropic Thunder
=6. Quantum of Solace
8. The Dark Knight
9. Sweeney Todd
10. Indiana Jones

I know TWBB and Sweeney Todd were released in America in 07, but they didn't travel across the pond until 08.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 01:23 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2008, 11:23 AM #42 of 46
The Proposition

What a great, weird movie this is. Kind of like Quigley Down Under but ... not as goofy and with less gunplay. Good acting, very good use of music. Its basically a journey into purgatory, as a man must save his younger brother from a hanging by killing his crazy rapist/murder/horse-thief older brother. A lot of people said this was gory as heck, but I think we've all seen a lot worse.
I just watched this movie last night since I saw the Limited Edition on sale for $10 at Target. If you can brave the crowds at this time of year, it's totally worth it. However, the only thing it has in common with Quigley Down Under is the fact that it's set in Australia. I loved this movie though. It was gritty, bleak, violent and, most of all, well told. I agree with the use of music too. It's amazing to watch it with a good sound system because you'll note the subtle changes in the bass lines depending on the character the scene focuses on and I love how the two worlds of Outback and "civilization" have their own themes and the mood changes depending on the variation of said themes.

All in all, this is an amazing film and anyone who dismisses it as a mere Western is really doing themselves a great disservice.

Most amazing jew boots
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 05:32 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2008, 03:32 PM #43 of 46
WALL-E Same as what Ence said.

Bolt This movie takes me back to being a 11 year old wanting a puppy/dog again. You don't expect it but it's pretty goddamn funny. And cute. It's a movie you want to go see with the 10-year olds you're baby-sitting, because it's one of those kid movies you actually get to enjoy together.

Four Christmases If you love Vince Vaughn, you'll like this movie. He just totally makes the movie.

Forrest Gump Target had the special edition widescreen 2-disc DVD on sale for $7.99 and I could not resist. I love the direction and the music in this movie. Despite the fact that the movie came out almost 15 years ago, it's still a great flick to watch. Tom Hanks' narration and story telling capability just tops everything.

Iron Man Loved this movie. Didn't expect to, but it was awesome.

Dark Knight What can I say, it's WICKED COOL.

Twilight UGH. (Wait, were we even supposed to comment on bad movies? If not, I'll just leave it as that. "Ugh.")

Religulous If you like Bill Maher, you'll enjoy it as a humorous slant on his view of religion. If you're one of those super-conservative Bible-humping "God is the reason we all live" or whatever "believers," only watch this if you have enough grain of humor inside of you to not take him so seriously.

Tropic Thunder What everyone else says about Downey Jr. I'm not much of a Ben Stiller fan, but the whole comedian-team acting thing works.

How ya doing, buddy?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 05:42 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2008, 12:42 AM #44 of 46
But isn't that just Rabbits put into the movie?
Parts of it are directly from Rabbits (which is hilarious by the way), but there's actually some stuff that was left out from the original. Also, Inland Empire is easily the best Lynch stuff I've seen - I'm not a big fan of his style (in his other movies), though.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2008, 08:39 PM Local time: Dec 28, 2008, 07:39 PM #45 of 46
I watched All That Jazz for the first time today because of LeHah's recommendation in this thread, and it really is pretty goddamned amazing.

A few days ago I saw that Benjamin Buttons film, and All That Jazz stood out even more in my mind because of it, because whereas Benjamin Button had a pretty minor gimmick but really didn't come to terms with concepts of mortality at all – even though it broke it's back trying to – All That Jazz is a fucking musical, as gimmicky as you can get, but you don't even really notice the gimmick because it's used so perfectly to bring all the themes to a head. It's just great.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dan!!
Quack

Member 1001

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2008, 09:35 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2008, 09:35 PM #46 of 46
Of all the movies I've seen this year there were only two I particularly thought were worth sharing:

Miller's Crossing: I like a lot of Cohen brothers movies, Hudsucker Proxy, Raising Arizona, Big Lebowski, etc. but right before I saw this I saw Fargo and No Country for Old Men, both of which I found disappointing, but this movie is the shit. I had just finished Yojimbo and Fistful of Dollars and this one seemed to fit right in with them.

Wings of Desire - For some reason I loved this movie. I couldn't stand The Thin Red Line because of all the annoying inner monologues, all I wanted was for Sean Penn to either shoot someone or get shot. Yet this whole movie was just inner monologues, and I liked it. I saw there was a sequel, and I'm curious as to how that one is.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "You'll Be Like Oh Shit Thats The Jam!" - Best Movies You've Seen In 2008