Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:08 PM #76 of 81
Or is it because y'all have DIFFERENT issues with raceJEWS than America does?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
EpicNotion
Banned

Member 33988

Level 2.25

Jul 2009

Old Jul 4, 2009, 02:49 PM #77 of 81
The funny thing is, I bet the people to start the complaints were white just looking for something to stir up some controversy. Stereotypes are in alot of movies and there no complaints until it happens to be the potential biggest movie of the summer. Tyler Perry's movies portray whites in a way that I don't agree with but you don't see me throwing a fit. Did people have a fit when Robert Downey Jr. played Kirk Lazerus in Tropic Thunder? He played on almost every African American stereotype and for the most part everyone laughed or admired it.

Of course that doesn't change that Michael Bay shouldn't be allowed to touch something as sacred as Transformers, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the people screaming how racist he seems to be. He's not the first to do this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:08 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2009, 11:08 AM #78 of 81
Quote:
Did people have a fit when Robert Downey Jr. played Kirk Lazerus in Tropic Thunder? He played on almost every African American stereotype and for the most part everyone laughed or admired it.
I think you missed the joke.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:39 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2009, 01:39 PM #79 of 81
There's a lot more things about Tyler Perry's films that are offensive beyond how you think it portrays white people (which even though I haven't seen a Madea movie since High School I'm pretty sure is accurate).

FELIPE NO
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:27 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 12:27 AM #80 of 81
There's a lot more things about Tyler Perry's films that are offensive beyond how you think it portrays white people (which even though I haven't seen a Madea movie since High School I'm pretty sure is accurate).
Spoiler:

Your argument is void, you just won the game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:04 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 10:04 AM #81 of 81
Oh hey, so I actually saw this last night and fuck you guys, I really enjoyed it. It's a kids action film for fucks sakes so I can't really see why anyone would go into with expectations beyond big robots and explosions but I really didn't see any of the criticisms that have been raised here.

The story is a passable one and easy to follow. There's not a huge amount of depth to it but then there ain't a huge amount of depth to the Goonies or the Princess Bride either but that doesn't stop them being great films. The humour is slightly childish but what do you expect in a film aimed at teenagers? It's still pretty funny and you're so up your own arse you can't laugh at dogs shagging in a kids film then you should stick to watching Polanski films frankly.

The fights are great, the special effects are believeable enough and big explosions are always welcome in any film. I didn't say anything to my girlfriend about the perceived racism in the film before we watched it and when I mentioned it afterwards, she couldn't tell which ones I was talking about. It's a ridiculous criticism frankly. The only problems I had with the film were them not using Soundwave's voice from the cartoons and the whole Team America bit at the end but that was funny more than anything. I also thought it was amusing how at the beginning they showed how tough NEST are by zooming in on the dude's SAS badge and then conveniently got him killed in the first fight.

It's a dumb action film but I thought it was a very good, dumb action film and if you went into it expecting anything else then you're pretty much an idiot and should maybe read a bit about films before you go and see them to save yourself both the entry film and the beard-stroking anguish.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen