Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Friday the 13th (2009)

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:06 PM #1 of 6
Friday the 13th (2009)

Yep, it's been 6 years since Jason has made a silver screen appearance. This movie takes place after the events of Friday the 13th Part IX: Jason Goes to Hell*

I'm guessing the plot is still more or less the same: Stupid kids go to Camp Crystal Lake (which has been boarded up and closed down) and have sex and drink and get slaughtered by Jason.

Teaser:

480P mov

720P mov

1080P

*More than likely a re-imagination/remake of the first one than a sequel

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 27, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:31 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 05:31 PM #2 of 6
This is kinda interesting, since i'll be doing an essay on old horror films and their shitty remakes...and this seems like yet another one of them. Ugh, get some original ideas.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:29 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 02:59 PM #3 of 6
I'm pretty sure that this movie does not take place after the events of Jason goes to Hell. More than anything else it is a re-imagination of the film franchise. Just as Rob Zombie did for Halloween.

From my understanding the movie is using elements from Friday the 13th Part 1 to Part 3. I've been reading up a lot on it since I first heard of this project since I am a big fan of the friday the 13th franchise. It has been confirmed that Jason will be wearing his signature hood from Part 2 and his jason mask from part 3 in this re-imagination of a horror classic.

I'm obviously excited for this movie no matter how bad it might be because I'm a big slasher movie fan and I grew up on the firday the 13th series my entire life.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Angel of Light; Oct 27, 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Misinformation
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:55 PM #4 of 6
I could have swore I saw where it was written that it takes place after Jason Goes to Hell, but as usual I probably mis-read it.

Originally Posted by IMDB
Whitney (Amanda Righetti), Clay (Jared Padalecki), Mike (Nick Mennell), Jenna (Danielle Panabaker), Trent (Travis VanWinkle) and other young adults end up exploring the old Camp Crystal Lake (made famous by the original 1980 film). Soon enough however their seemingly fun weekend turns into a nightmare when each one finds themselves hunted down by a machete weilding maniac known as Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears)
I guess reading that made me think of it as a sequel.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2008, 06:03 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2008, 12:03 PM #5 of 6
If it's got Jason in then it can't be a remake of the first one can it? Seeing as how, you know, he doesn't kill anyone in the original.

Personally, I'm in favour of remakes of old horror films. Whilst there's no denying that films like The Omen and Halloween and especially Friday the 13th are fucking classics, I see no reason why people shouldn't have another go at them. It's been long enough now that the people who are turning 18 and are old enough to watch the remakes now weren't born for several years after the orginals hit and whilst they are classics, they've not all aged well.

One of the problems with classic horror films is that the special effects often look terrible by modern standards. For those of us old enough to have seen them the first time out, nostalgia takes over and one can easily forgive the rubbish effects and often rather dated camera work but for a new generation of people who were far too young to have seen them, the impact of the film can be lost if one is laughing at the film because it's dated.

The remake of The Omen was a pretty much word for word copy of the original but it brought the locations up to date and I felt the colour work especially added a layer of tension. It's not as good as the original, no, but it's not terrible and if a twenty year old was to watch them both having never seen either before I reckon they might prefer the remake.

I watched the new version of Halloween on Halloween the year it came out and really enjoyed it. When I got home the original was on tv so I watched that too. Watching both back to back, I was struck by how scary the original isn't. It's just some big retard in a jump suit hanging around outside a school all day. He looks more like a paedophile than a serial killer. A lot of people on the IMDB message boards were banging on about how a characterless badguy is scarier because he's just killing for the sake of it or whatever but the majority of IMDB posters are fucking idiotic kids with GCSE film studies who are overly impressed with their own opinions and forget that the majority of people watch films for entertainment, not as some form of higher art form, especially horror slasher pics. Essentially, Rob Zombie's version is an improvement on the original and anyone who doesn't think so is probably a nonce themselves.

Now Friday the 13th is a bit different. The first film is an absolute masterpiece and in many ways groundbreaking. I'm no film studies student but I've seen a fuck load of horror films and I still find the film unnerving. The majority of shots are framed with the characters off to one side and a window or doorway in the centre of the screen. You're expecting something to come smashing through the window or someone to get grabbed through the door all the time so the tension build up is huge. When the shocks do come, they're generally when you're not expecting them. Also, the fact that you're led to believe that there's some sinister demon-like huge evil bastard killing everyone and it turns out there isn't at all is simply amazingly well done. Also, the last scene in the boat is brilliant as by that point you've found out who's killing everyone and you know they're dead and there was nothing supernatural about it at all. Once they started putting Jason in as the actual killer, the films went downhill really fucking quickly, culminating in Jason X, one of the worst films ever made. I find it odd that someone would make a remake and feature Jason as the killer, rather than making a purist remake of the first one. Unless of course that's what they are doing and I've just ruined the film for anyone who's not seen the first one.

So yeah, if they publicise a return of Jason and then remake the first film, it'll be awesome and very clever and I'll really enjoy it. If they make a film about a dude in a hockey mask killing kids it'll be a bit shit probably.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Dec 8, 2008, 02:16 PM Local time: Dec 8, 2008, 03:46 PM #6 of 6
I just wanted to update this thread with a brand new trailer for the Friday the 13th film coming out on February 13th/2009.

This is the new Trailer:

Judging from the trailer I think it might actually be fairly decent, I actually enjoyed the texas chainsaw massacre remake and the first half of the halloween remake.

I hope I can be home long enough to see this with my horror movie group back home.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Friday the 13th (2009)