Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Connecting to IRC

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:19 PM #1 of 7
Connecting to IRC

When I'm at work, I use the browser-based client ircatwork.com to connect to GFChat, because chocochat doesn't work. Today, I'm getting this error when I try to connect:

Quote:
Closing Link SILBER-2[ip address] services.psigenix.net (Killed (OperServ (Session limit exceeded)))
When I google that error, it looks like it refers to multiple connections from the same IP address, however, I think I'm the only one that would be connecting to xelium/psigenix. The IP address doesn't match what I get when I go to whatismyip.com either. Any ideas?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:29 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2007, 01:29 PM #2 of 7

Same problem here =U I use ircatwork to get on #gfchat, also.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:34 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2007, 11:34 AM #3 of 7
When I google that error, it looks like it refers to multiple connections from the same IP address, however, I think I'm the only one that would be connecting to xelium/psigenix. The IP address doesn't match what I get when I go to whatismyip.com either. Any ideas?
I'm guessing the IP directly matches the IP in the picture that Gech posted? I got the same IP when I tried it just now. It doesn't match your IP because it's the IP of the server that the IRC client that ircatwork.com runs on. So, anyone on the planet who connects to PSIGenix using that site will have the same IP. That could get you kicked from the network for too many connections if other people are using it to connect to PSIGenix as well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:39 PM #4 of 7
Yes, same IP. Maybe shade could set up an exception for that site? Strange that we've never encountered that error before now, since I've been connecting like that for a month or two, and Gech has as well.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:40 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2007, 01:40 PM #5 of 7
Dull always uses it to connect whilst at work, as have I. We've been online at the same time before :O Is there some sort of a "cap" on how many folks on the same server can use it?

I was speaking idiomatically.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:49 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2007, 11:49 AM #6 of 7
According to the network rules, there's a max of three connections from one host.

I'm sure shade/some other ircop could add an exception for that site, but whether or not he would is another matter entirely, since allowing that would make the site be able to be used to flood the servers with connections, which is the entire reason the rule exists in the first place. Maybe a small increase to five or seven connections from that host would be more palatable (assuming that's even possible; I've never administered an IRC network before).

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2007, 04:45 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2007, 04:45 PM #7 of 7
Either way, I've sniffed around and found that IRCatwork is really my ONLY choice >=( So unless an alternative is found, my shifts will start to feel much, much longer. Hmm...

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Connecting to IRC