Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:18 PM #701 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Just a quick question, is Bowser Jr. the main bad guy from the Yoshi's Island game?
Yes and no.

The Yoshi's Island version (and the same one in Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time and *possibly* Yoshi's Story) is actually Baby Bowser - King Bowser Koopa as a kid.

Bowser Junior is actually the eigth Koopaling who looks exactly like Baby Bowser and has a skull neckerchief (my guess is Baby Bowser proved popular but doesnt fit current continuity alongside his grown up self except in odd cases like PiT). He was originally introduced in Mario Sunshine (Peach is his mother?) and more recently used in as a miniboss in New Super Mario Brothers for the DS.

Originally Posted by Shadowlink
Still, I thought Pichu would have been one of the first to be axed, leading me to be skeptical about the report.
I honestly don't see them removing Pichu. Thats not to say that they wont, its just...If you think about it, regardless of whether you like or dislike the Pokemon and/or find them useless, Pichu is really the only character who comes into every match completely handicapped due to his attacks gradually killing him. Most expert players I know consider Pichu as a "challenge character" because of this while most beginner and moderate characters hate him. IMO I think its that very challenge factor along that makes him infinitely more interesting (notice I didnt exactly say useful) in the roster than Jigglypuff who doesn't really have much else besides his sleep attack. =\ If you can beat all the characters and SSBM with Pichu you can master pretty much anything the game throws at you.

EDIT: Responding to Psycho Josh

I just had a HORRID thought. What if one of those 15-20 empty slots *DOES* go to Petey Pirahna. He's become fairly popular for some absurd reason and its not like he doesn't have a number of attacks given Sunshine and Partners In Time. That thought is actually very groan-worthy but I suppose it would be fun as hell (and just as absurd) to use Snake in totally taking him down. XD

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Dubble; Jun 7, 2006 at 05:22 PM.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:37 PM #702 of 1323
Why is everyone treating this as fact? Absolutely no official source has been defined other than "I heard it from..." and lots of forum posts.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:50 PM #703 of 1323
To his defense, Baby Bowser was pretty good in Yoshi's Island. Nintendo is definitely using him way too much though, especially after giving him that new horrific voice. Bring back the original Koopa Kids like Morton and Ludwig Van Koopa. All of them were AWESOME.

FELIPE NO
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:55 PM #704 of 1323
Originally Posted by Dubble
I just had a HORRID thought. What if one of those 15-20 empty slots *DOES* go to Petey Pirahna. He's become fairly popular for some absurd reason and its not like he doesn't have a number of attacks given Sunshine and Partners In Time. That thought is actually very groan-worthy but I suppose it would be fun as hell (and just as absurd) to use Snake in totally taking him down. XD
Popular? Don't be ridiculous. I haven't seen such an unpopular character since the WB redesigned the Looney Tunes as stupid faux-anime characters. Maybe he's popular among the Nintendo staffers but to us he's just a super lame potbellied douche who should've remained in Sunshine and nothing else.

Seriously, man. SKETCH TURNER.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 7, 2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:06 PM #705 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
I don't see why Bowser Jr. is in it. I can only see him as a faster, weaker version of Bowser. If he's in their why don't we just add in Donkey Kong Jr. into the mix while we're at it.
Because Donkey Kong Jr. is already in Super Smash Bros. Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong of construction site lore. If you've played Donkey Kong Country you'd have known that. You've been playing as Jr. for years now. He was even in Super Mario Kart.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:11 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 03:11 PM #706 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Because Donkey Kong Jr. is already in Super Smash Bros. Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong of construction site lore. If you've played Donkey Kong Country you'd have known that. You've been playing as Jr. for years now. He was even in Super Mario Kart.
=0..... Thanks for the spoiler tags, AcerBandit... :P.

Most amazing jew boots

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:24 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:24 PM #707 of 1323
Yeah, thanks for spoiling Donkey Kong Country's title screen for us, jerk!

But doesn't that make it impossible for Mario and Diddy Kong to be in the same game, without time travel of course? In a game that at least has the pretense of taking itself seriously I mean.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LordRM
A A A A A

Member 1837

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:38 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 07:38 PM #708 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Bowser Jr. is the main bad guy in Yoshi's Island, yes. But that game takes place in the past, so that was actually the original Bowser.
That's Baby Bowser.
Bowser Jr. first appeared in Sunshine.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:48 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 12:18 PM #709 of 1323
Shut the hell up, Petey Pirahna is awesome.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 07:59 PM #710 of 1323
No he sucks ass and should never be seen again. He should've been sucked into the void of obscurity a long time ago; the one where Tatanga, the Koopalings and Captain Syrup reside (she'll emerge one day, I hope).

Originally Posted by LordRM
That's Baby Bowser.
Bowser Jr. first appeared in Sunshine.
Well... same design.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 7, 2006 at 09:04 PM.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:03 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 06:03 PM #711 of 1323
Originally Posted by NovaX
Shut the hell up, Petey Pirahna is awesome.
I'll second that

fuck you PsychoJosh Petey is the coolest! (small bit of saracasm but mostly truth)

EDIT: YAY! 300th post

FELIPE NO

Last edited by scotty; Jun 7, 2006 at 09:12 PM.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 12:57 PM #712 of 1323
The only time he sucked was in Mario Tennis, and that's only because I like faster players.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:33 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 08:33 PM #713 of 1323
I'm almost hoping this new development is a rumor, just so we can get better new characters in there.

Ridley? Ok sure, if you can make it work, all the power to ya, good luck though.

Bowser Jr.? why?

Windwaker Link? ok, it's a given, but it's hardly a new character addition. Guess what moveset he's gonna have. Adult link's almost move for move i bet you, except with cartoony animations.

As for those characters listed for the chopping block, i'm fine with all of them, except i'm a little broken up about Young Link getting axed. He's always my third choice, next to Falco, and Roy. It doesn't really matter though, cause this probably isn't true anyways.

All i care about is getting Geno into this game. That's my number one hope.

How ya doing, buddy?
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:24 PM #714 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
Yeah, thanks for spoiling Donkey Kong Country's title screen for us, jerk!

But doesn't that make it impossible for Mario and Diddy Kong to be in the same game, without time travel of course? In a game that at least has the pretense of taking itself seriously I mean.
Is EVERYONE forgetting that Young Link and Adult Link are in the same game? Or are we just sluffing that off as a time travel/different universe thing? Because YL and Link never saw each other face to face, they BECAME each other via the Ocarina of Time.
Through this, we can have Baby Mario, Baby Bowser (which I'd prefer over Junior), any manifestation of DK we want, and any other time-barrier-universe-exploding character.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:42 PM #715 of 1323
NOOOOOO NOT MR. GAME & WATCH!!!!

I'm seriously offended about the fact that nobody seems to like him . I mean, with which character someone can say that they defeated an enemy using only bacon?

His taunt was the best mind fucking you could give to someone, too.

Vibrate
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:59 PM #716 of 1323
I liked Game and Watch too... I'm with you on those feelings about him getting the shaft. I mean, winning with him is amazingly satisfying and it's a shame to see him go because he's probably one of (if not the most) interesting characters in SSBM.

RRRIIIING~!

Originally Posted by shadowlink56
Baby Mario
Oh god, I don't believe this. Please don't tell me you actually want Baby fucking Mario to be in this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 7, 2006 at 11:04 PM.
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 10:12 PM #717 of 1323
I liked Game & Watch . . .

Oh! and:
[sarcasm]Baby Mario[/sarcasm]

Sorry you missed it.

VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:32 PM #718 of 1323
Quote:
His taunt was the best mind fucking you could give to someone, too.
You beat me to it. Game and Watch was a super fun character to play as when not in a serious competition. Nice animation in your sig btw Luxo.

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:59 PM #719 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
Is EVERYONE forgetting that Young Link and Adult Link are in the same game?
In a game that at least has the pretense of taking itself seriously I mean.
Perhaps I should have clarified: Super Smash Bros. is not one of those games.

FELIPE NO
Zippy
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4208

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 03:57 PM #720 of 1323
Noooooooooooooooo

Not the ice climbers! I love the ice climbers!

It should have been Pichu!

On the other hand, hooray for Bowser Jr & WW Link. Not ridley

For a successful beef stew, add a little ryhme & a few bay leaves.
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 01:15 AM #721 of 1323
I know that it didn't come from an official source, but I hope that they don't cut Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch in the end. Really, I don't want them to cut any character since they first introduced them and then people have been playing with them over the last several years. Then when the people who like those cut out characters play SSBB, they'll be like "WTF? Where's _____?" (But if they must, I can understand them cutting Pichu and Dr. Mario, while giving a Dr. Mario alternate costume to Mario. I can also understand them turning Young Link into the cel-shaded Link.)

Ridley is a good choice to add. Smash Bros. needs more Metroid characters other than Samus. I'm not worried about Ridley's size since he was the same size as Samus in Metroid. (Besides, did you notice Bowser's size in Super Mario 64?!) Ridley has enough moves in the original games (between Super Metroid and Prime) that I think they won't have to make a bunch of crap up like they did with a few characters in Melee.

Space Pirates could've also made a good choice for a Metroid character since they have some things that could be derived from Metroid Prime such as lasers, bombs, whacking Samus with their arms, invisibility, flying, kamikaze deaths, and the costume variations (and with Brawl, who knows, possibly weapon variations too) of the different colors of the Power, Wave, Ice and Plasma troopers. Maybe even being half-invisible with electricity running over them as an alternate costume instead of a move.

Cel-shaded Link...well...in The Wind Waker, aside from the conducting stick that controlled the wind (sorry, I don't remember the name of it), I don't recall Link having anything different than he's had in any other games. So my guess is that he'll still have the usual sword, bombs, bow and arrows and boomerang but play a lot differently than the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess older Link.

Bowser Jr...eh, I guess could be like a small, fast, weak Bowser, which I guess would be neat for awhile, but then you're getting into what was Young Link/Link in SSBM. But unlike that relationship, Bowser Jr. has never done anything Bowser has. (Fire, Butt Stomp, Scratch, etc...) Aside from painting graffiti, he really doesn't have any original moves that I can think of. I don't really like this.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't like it when moves are made up for characters. I like to see shit derived form their original games. Sheik shooting needles and using a whip annoyed me, but I can understand that. BUT when Pichu and Mewtwo started doing things they've never done in a Pokemon game before, only in the TV show and the movies, that really pissed me off. (Pichu taking damage from his own attacks, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, etc.) The moves should come from the games, not from the movies just because it's what the fanboys want.

My rule of thumb is that if a character is in a well known game and has enough moves to where the creators don't have to make up things for his or her "B"-smash moves, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be in Smash Bros. However if a character is well known but doesn't have very a very good - if any - catalogue of moves, then the creators should include them with made up moves, like Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco and Donkey Kong. Giving characters other character's moves like Zelda using Link's Din's Fire, Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind and Ness using Paula's PK Fire I'm indifferent to since each situation is different. Zelda using those moves I kind of understand since I have an intuition of the Ocarina of Time storyline. Ness using PK Fire annoyed me since there were other moves in Mother 2 he could have used.

Anyway, since it's the first time I've posted in this thread - let me just say this.

I'm glad to see Wario show up. However, the fact that he's wearing his Wario Ware costume by default and has that gas attack concerns me. I was hoping for a yellow Wario (with his Wario Ware costume as an alternate) whose attacks are derived from the Wario Land series, not those wacky mini-games from the Wario Ware series.

Zero Suit Samus...ehh... While she's great eye candy to look at, I can't see her having all that many attacks. Well, obviously she will since she's already announced to be in the game, but from what? The only thing she had at the end of Metroid Zero Mission was
Spoiler:
a laser stun gun that froze Space Pirates in place and had to recharge between uses,
though the trailer showed her with some type of light saber thing. (LOL, Star Wars rip off just like the item in both SSB and SSBM.) Also, will Zero Suit Samus be an occurance after normal Samus takes a certain amount of damage, can you change back and forth like Zelda/Sheik or will she be a selectable character?

Meta Knight...I played Kirby Super Star a long time ago and don't remember much. I'll have to replay it sometime before Brawl comes out.

Pit/Snake - I've never played Kid Icarus or any Metal Gear Solid games, but I'll have to check them out soon.

I have other things to say, but this post's getting long, so I'll stop for now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Jun 9, 2006 at 01:18 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:51 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 04:51 AM #722 of 1323
Originally Posted by Joe Wiewel
A lot of shit that proves I didn't read enough.
Okay, first of all, Space Pirates would've made a horrible choice. The characters that end up as playable in Smash Bros. should be limited to the MAIN CHARACTERS, and in no way should include just the plain regular enemies. Otherwise they'd just fill up the entire roster with stupid crap like Goombas, Chain Chomps, Rattatas, Waddle Dees and Octoroks. This is utterly retarded.

Also, if you read the thread you'd know that Cel-shaded Link is just a graphical swap of Young Link and will have all the same moves.

Zero Suit Samus isn't a selectable character; read her profile on the Smash Bros. website... for god's sake, do you even read ANYTHING? She's not a regular character addition. It states right there in that profile that under certain conditions, Samus will simply remove her power suit, rather than her being selectable. Also, that "lightsaber" thing isn't a sword, it's a whip, and it's just coming from her pistol.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 9, 2006 at 05:53 AM.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:50 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 05:50 AM #723 of 1323
Originally Posted by Joe Wiewel
Zero Suit Samus...ehh... While she's great eye candy to look at, I can't see her having all that many attacks. Well, obviously she will since she's already announced to be in the game, but from what? The only thing she had at the end of Metroid Zero Mission was
Spoiler:
a laser stun gun that froze Space Pirates in place and had to recharge between uses,
though the trailer showed her with some type of light saber thing. (LOL, Star Wars rip off just like the item in both SSB and SSBM.) Also, will Zero Suit Samus be an occurance after normal Samus takes a certain amount of damage, can you change back and forth like Zelda/Sheik or will she be a selectable character?
Just a quick clarification, the "light saber" thing is a whip, not a sword. Its definetly not "just" a sword at least, although it IS possible that instead of simply being a gun/whip, it could end up being a gun/whip/sword hybrid weapon...

- WraithTwo -

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:20 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 01:20 PM #724 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Also, if you read the thread you'd know that Cel-shaded Link is just a graphical swap of Young Link and will have all the same moves.

[...]

for god's sake, do you even read ANYTHING?
LOL IRONY. There has been no official mention of a cel-shaded Link, unless by official mention you mean wild baseless speculation.

How ya doing, buddy?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 11:28 PM #725 of 1323
LOL IRONY. There has been no official mention of a cel-shaded Link, unless by official mention you mean wild baseless speculation.
You think it's baseless speculation when Sakurai himself confirms Wind Waker Link along the new characters in a radio show?

It was right here if you read it:
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/ma...tml#post155559

Most amazing jew boots

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl