Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 01:46 PM #376 of 1323
Originally Posted by CROW-3
Ahaha, no what would be awesome is when Kirby eats him, they essentially swap complete characters.
I think it would be too confusing for users to have such an excepetion like that. Kirby's always been able to get rid of his power at command. He never has permanant effects like that. Then again he's never been able to swallow Meta Knight before. Both he and Kirby are star warriors so it's possible that Meta Knight has the same copy abilities that Kirby has but refuses to use them in favor of his swords and other advanced abilites. Or it may just be that he is always using some copy ability in order to wield swords/have wings. Perhaps he's had those certain abilites for so long that they are now just permanant. There's a lot of questions about Meta Knight that have always gone unexplained but hey he's always been mysterious like that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:47 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:47 PM #377 of 1323
I'm just curious to how Snake will play in the game.

What I think about the most is how their special recovery attacks will be like when they get thrown off the stage.

Maybe Wario's fart boosts him back to the stage.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xardion
CAT JUMP

Member 67

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 12:55 PM #378 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
I think it would be too confusing for users to have such an excepetion like that. Kirby's always been able to get rid of his power at command. He never has permanant effects like that. Then again he's never been able to swallow Meta Knight before. Both he and Kirby are star warriors so it's possible that Meta Knight has the same copy abilities that Kirby has but refuses to use them in favor of his swords and other advanced abilites. Or it may just be that he is always using some copy ability in order to wield swords/have wings. Perhaps he's had those certain abilites for so long that they are now just permanant. There's a lot of questions about Meta Knight that have always gone unexplained but hey he's always been mysterious like that.
Well Meta Knight could always eat him back. There's always the chance that Meta Knight has some kind of genetic defect that prevents him from using the power (and turned him blue and gave him wings) and he's jealous. Which would explain why he always forces Kirby to fight him with sword.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ Patrick James "PJ" Beckett ]
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:22 PM #379 of 1323
If they go with anything from Namco...I think it would have to be the Prince from katamari damacy.
When considering these 3rd party characters ya gotta kinda think whos going to have interesting moves and specials. For one I think square takes characters like cloud too seriously to put him in a game like that, also...he'd just be another boring sword character, a third roy/marth. Granted he'd have a fuckin huge blade but still. The Prince on the other hand....damn I wanna roll snake up into my life~!

How ya doing, buddy?
Old May 13, 2006, 02:25 PM #380 of 1323
Yeah, that is an interesting story. However, having your character completely switch might really confuse people. Suddenly someone loses their Meta Knight and is Kirby. Sure they could get their Meta Knight character back by doing the same thing but it would just be too confusing. I don't see it happening.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:27 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:27 AM #381 of 1323
Metaknight: "Kirby, I am your father"
Kirby: "POYOOOOOOOOO!"

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old May 13, 2006, 02:43 PM #382 of 1323
Really if they were to do something from Katamari I'd rather have it just as a level. Imagine at first you're in the regular town in Katamari and you just watch this small ball roll around every now and then. It'll even make the warning noises when you get close to the little guy. As the game goes on however it keeps getting bigger. Eventually it rolls you up and then you're fighting on top of the giant heap of random stuff the katamari has picked up. As it continues to roll you have to constantly run on top of it. Sometimes it changes directions. Maybe eventually it arrives in the city. You suddenly jump off it onto a construction beam that gets lifted up to the top of building being made. You fight in there for a while. Then the katamari returns again and picks up the building. You're back to fighting on top of the katamari again until it reaches to the clouds. Then you jump onto the clouds and fight there for a bit. It returns. Repeat. Then the King of All Cosmos swoops down and you fight on top of his body for a while. The katamari returns and swoops him up. The katamari is so big now that you're in space. It doesn't spin as fast as it once did. Suddenly the katamari leaves you and turns into a star. "Sending things to Earth." You're back at the start again. "We love Smash Bros." Repeat stage.

Another awesome stage idea would just be slowly falling tetris blocks that you'd have climb as they fall in a game of tetris. Platforms disappear below you as rows are completed. You can get squished for damage. Sometimes you'd have a crappy game of tetris and then a game over and then the stage clears and all the characters would fall back for the bottom. I'd actually be surprised if they didn't have a Tetris level. It works so well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:44 AM #383 of 1323
Originally Posted by CROW-3
There's always the chance that Meta Knight has some kind of genetic defect that prevents him from using the power (and turned him blue and gave him wings) and he's jealous. Which would explain why he always forces Kirby to fight him with sword.
I always thought that was some sort of honor thing he had. "I"ve got a sword so you should have one too." That or he just really digs swordfighting. In Super Star though, if you wait long enough he'll just say fuck it and fight you anyway.

FELIPE NO
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:59 PM #384 of 1323
There's definately room for some interesting stages. We can see that from the halberd stage. Aslong as they're not too nuts. I never play glacier mountain anymore because imo it leaves little room for good fights.
Maybe they'll do some crazy rehashing and include all the SSBM and SSB stages. I miss the original Zelda castle =(

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 12:07 PM #385 of 1323
It would be cool if there was some kind of item that will warp in a random CPU character set at a random level to help you out for a limited amount of time. Maybe you open a box, and a level 9 Mario jumps out and uppercuts Link for you, and continues to fight your opponents for 30 seconds before dissapearing again.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:10 PM #386 of 1323
Okay, speaking of the halberd stage, if you see in the trailer, as it flies away and you're fighting on the platform, you can see it shaking violently as iff the camera was rumbling, yet the platform stays still. Am I the only one that finds that a bit odd? Granted, it looks better for gameplay, but aesthetically it looks like the platform just has a huge screen behind it displaying a movie of the Halberd. Mabye I just suck at observation, I don't know.

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 03:16 PM #387 of 1323
Kirby has a copy ability for every character in the game. That means you'll be seeing Kirby with a mullet and a bandana when he copies Snake. Hopefully he'll get Snake's box move. ='D
I actually meant the copy abilities that Kirby gets in any game other than SSB (stone and uppercut with V+B and ^+B in Melee, as examples). But since I know the answer to that one... heh.

Quote:
Maybe Wario's fart boosts him back to the stage.
LOLOLOLOOLOOLLOLOLLLOLOOLOL

Maybe Pit will shoot arrows behind him to get back to the stage from a fall but I doubt Nintendo will use that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:28 PM #388 of 1323
For people thinking Megaman would be like Samus:

That might happen. With Samus shedding her armor for this round, a new equivalent might be the one to be replace the old Samus. I predict a few others will be given entirely new movesets and someone new will become similar to their old selves (I'm looking at YOU, Ganondorf and the Fire Emblem characters)

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 09:40 PM #389 of 1323
Namco characters had better make an appearance. I'd KILL for Dhaos and Klarth to be playable characters, no matter how unlikely it may be.

I don't want to get too speculative, though. I've waited five years for this, and beggars can't be choosers...

Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 03:50 PM #390 of 1323
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
I actually meant the copy abilities that Kirby gets in any game other than SSB (stone and uppercut with V+B and ^+B in Melee, as examples). But since I know the answer to that one... heh.

LOLOLOLOOLOOLLOLOLLLOLOOLOL

Maybe Pit will shoot arrows behind him to get back to the stage from a fall but I doubt Nintendo will use that.
I think he will be more of a Kirby-like character, having the ability to do more than 2 extra jumps.

Vibrate
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 12:56 AM #391 of 1323
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
For people thinking Megaman would be like Samus:

That might happen. With Samus shedding her armor for this round, a new equivalent might be the one to be replace the old Samus. I predict a few others will be given entirely new movesets and someone new will become similar to their old selves (I'm looking at YOU, Ganondorf and the Fire Emblem characters)
I actually didn't think Zero Suit Samus would replace regular Samus. I felt it was strange they would present her as a "new character" in the video, but because of her energy sword her moves would be entirely different, that's somewhat understandable.
Thinking about it more, the armor falling off in the trailer may have more significance than I thought, but for now I'll at least hope regular Samus isn't out. If Mario & Dr Mario can be there, you'd think they could keep both Zero Suit and regular Samus, considering how few shooter characters there are.

How ya doing, buddy?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:00 PM #392 of 1323
Based solely on the trailer, my guess is that Zero Samus is something of a Zelda/Sheik character. You can swap between them at any time after choosing regular Samus via a special move.

I wouldn't mind having multiple characters like that. Waluigi/Wario would be a nice team, Megaman X and Zero, etc.

Last edited by Wall Feces; May 13, 2006 at 05:07 PM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 01:07 AM #393 of 1323
I'm kinda doubting that. Zelda and Sheik at least works since that's how it was in Ocarina, but Samus's armor removal isn't exactly fast, and putting it back on is a whole lot slower.

I'm pretty sure if they keep both Samuses in the game, it'll be the same deal as Mario and Dr. Mario.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:46 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 03:46 PM #394 of 1323
They could have the Zero Suit be a permanent switch from regular Samus. You could change into it by doing Samus' special move (which I would imagine is something like that giant beam in the trailer), but you're stuck in that form for the rest of the match. Or if you're playing a Stock match, then until you're knocked out and respawn.

However, this could handicap her or be totally abusable depending on how good the Zero Suit form is. Maybe it'll be nearly the same as regular Samus, with just some subtle changes.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:15 PM #395 of 1323
Originally Posted by scotty
It would be cool if there was some kind of item that will warp in a random CPU character set at a random level to help you out for a limited amount of time. Maybe you open a box, and a level 9 Mario jumps out and uppercuts Link for you, and continues to fight your opponents for 30 seconds before dissapearing again.
SSBM used to have the pokemon Ditto(I think that was its name) It'd come out, make a copy of you and fight along side you for a limited amount of time. But they cut that out of the final version. Maybe it put too much strain on the system or something.

I hope they keep the "random shit from boxes." I loved having a redead pop out and rape someone mid battle. Always a fun surprise.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:40 PM #396 of 1323
Can anyone give me the Japanese word for Totakeke? I want to request him for inclusion into SSBB. He'd be a cooler playable character than Jigglypuff.

Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:42 PM #397 of 1323
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Can anyone give me the Japanese word for Totakeke? I want to request him for inclusion into SSBB. He'd be a cooler playable character than Jigglypuff.
Totakeke = トタケケ

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:45 PM #398 of 1323
Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:51 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:51 PM #399 of 1323
Besides, most people would rather have Geno or Crono if there were to be any Square characters in the game.
Man, i'd kill for Geno, but unlikley. No one knows who he is, or where he's from. Everybody would be all like "ZOMGWTFBBQ WHO'S GENO?????? HE SOUNDS LIKE GENOME BUT WITHOUT THE ME, AND THAT'S HILARIOUS FOR SOME REASON LOL!!!!!!1!1!<@_@>!2!!!one!!"

I'm hoping for huge epic arenas. In the trailer they showed like 14 chracters duking it out on top of a huge castle. I'm praying that's a true arena, and that you'll be able to play on it.

Also, this is just a thought i had, but what if the game allowed for 8 characters in a battle, but only four of them could be player controlled at anytime. So for instance you could have four players, with four computer players, and team them up how you want. That could add alot to gamp play, and really extend play time, and give an excuse for huge arenas.

FELIPE NO
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:57 PM #400 of 1323
I wonder if Nintendo will use motion sensoring with a few minigames.

Also, for the people that have access in requesting characters (with the obvious knowlege of Japanese of course) should help the rest of us out (I'm unable to do that with this crappy computer's nonexistent IME settings), just I'm oblivious to the other requirements (email addys, ect).

Last edited by K_ Takahashi; May 13, 2006 at 08:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl