Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:52 AM #176 of 1323
Even though I knew a new installment to this series was coming, this announcement really caught me off guard. Finding out that Solid Snake would be one of the new characters suprised me as well. I was planning on getting a Wii at launch anyway, but if this is a launch title, it's a lock for me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:53 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:53 PM #177 of 1323
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Actually, from what I've seen, most everybody is welcoming him with open arms now. People are WTFing more simply because it was so unexpected, I guess.
Ah, that's good. I wasn't saying I've been hearing a lot of complaints, but I was more talking about the people who have actually claimed to boycott the game because of Snake (not in this thread). As ridiculous as that sounds =/

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:01 AM #178 of 1323
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Advance Wars characters would be pretty awesome though. Sami and Max especially, plus possibly Grit with a rifle.
Man, for a minute there, I thought you said Sam and Max, the Freelance Police :( Man, they'd be literally awesome in a SSB game!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old May 11, 2006, 10:07 AM #179 of 1323
Literally, eh?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tiberious
Yeah, I'm a furry. Deal with it.

Member 6594

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:11 AM #180 of 1323
Solid Snake, and the break from first-party tradition makes my day.

Originally Posted by Joystiq.com Article
Snake is the only third party character confirmed for Brawl. Sakurai has confirmed that other third party characters are a definite possible. There was talk of Sonic...
And this makes it even more.

After Sonic went multi-platform back in 2001, we knew this day had to come. After 15+ years of debate from both sides, it comes down to a fist-fight:

Who's better, Sonic or Mario?

Here's hoping that Super Smash Bros. Brawl lets us answer...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:17 AM #181 of 1323
I personally can't for the life of me understand why people are complaining that Snake "ruins the Nintendo purity". I never saw Smash Bros as a Nintendo Exclusive club, and since Snake was on GC, he's Nintendo enough for me and his inclusion was a genuine pleasant surprise.
Exactly, it's not like it was called 'Super Nintendo Bros' or anything like that.

I hope that Nintendo does away with the clones such as Dr. Mario and Falco (atleast make them a alternate costume) and add some character with a different fighting style.

Krystal would make the perfect second SF character. Her staff would be quite different from the blaster that Fox uses and plus it would seperate her far enough from any other character in the game.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Sarmoti; May 11, 2006 at 10:21 AM.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:44 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:44 PM #182 of 1323
I think it's great that Nintendo is willing to include characters from other companies into the game. Snake is a heck of a lot more interesting than being forced to get some Advance Wars characters or some guy from Excite Bike.

Now, let's get in Cloud, Sephiroth from Square, add in Alucard for Konami, and Dante, and Viewtiful Joe from Capcom. Oh, and why not Master Chief while we're at it?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:47 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:47 AM #183 of 1323
I actually liked Falco. All he needs are completely different moves and some new threads and he'll be good to go.

As for my own suggestion:

How about being able to make your own custom characters? I'm suprised no one else has thought of this yet. Now that will definately make this game an even bigger success! Obviously, it will most likely not work for the Story Mode campaign, but in the multiplayer games, that would be pretty damn cool. It should be 100 times more expansive and deeper than the Soul Caliber 3 custom character creation dealie. ...Or would this not work?

FELIPE NO
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:58 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:58 PM #184 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
I actually liked Falco. All he needs are completely different moves and some new threads and he'll be good to go.

As for my own suggestion:

How about being able to make your own custom characters? I'm suprised no one else has thought of this yet. Now that will definately make this game an even bigger success! Obviously, it will most likely not work for the Story Mode campaign, but in the multiplayer games, that would be pretty damn cool. It should be 100 times more expansive and deeper than the Soul Caliber 3 custom character creation dealie. ...Or would this not work?
I personally always disliked custom characters. First, they will always look worst than the original characters. Secondly, they break the balance of the game, and I would most definitely not want them playable online.

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:02 AM #185 of 1323
This game is so amazing, I don't give a rat's ass about anything else in E3 anymore.

Also LOL at this paraphrased quote I found at Gamefaqs:

Quote:
Sony: We have an idea to ruin Nintendo's E3! Let's put a shitty implementation of motion-sensing in our Dual-Shock Controller!

Nintendo: LOL We have Snake in SSB.

Sony:... well shit.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:08 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 07:08 PM #186 of 1323
Originally Posted by Newbie1234
and Dante
No.

Fuck Dante. I am fucking sick of Dante. Let him stay in his own games where he is at his element, Smash Bros does not need Dante in a shitty attempt to appeal to the Playstation crowd.

... Well, actually if something like that would get Playstationers to buy the game I'm all for it, but I could personally think plenty of other Capcom characters who'd be far more interesting.

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:12 AM #187 of 1323
I want Sora from Kingdom Hearts, but everyone hates Disney, so he has no chance

His stuff would be awesome. WTFPWNED WITH A KEYBLADE, BITCH.

But as I said before, tricky company license + fanboy hate = not happening.

How ya doing, buddy?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:23 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:23 AM #188 of 1323
Guys, you do realize that SNAKE debuted on the Famicom/NES right? Characters that haven't ever appeared on a Nintendo system will never been in SSBB.

Now we know why Snake kills himself in the MGS4 trailer, though. "Fuck this PS3 noise, I'm moving to the Wii."

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 07:25 PM #189 of 1323
Snake debuted on MSX, I think it has more to do with Twin Snakes being on GC.

This is why Viewtiful Joe and Sonic are more likely.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:31 AM #190 of 1323

Ah, well, still. Snake has Nintendo history, which is the whole point. Sonic would be AWESOME. I really hope they add him.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:01 PM #191 of 1323
My List o' Characters and Items

Characters:

Megaman X/Zero - This team could be a Zelda/Sheik combination, using Down+B to switch. MMX could be sort of a Kirby spinoff. He has is own attacks, but then like Kirby, he can assimilate other people's attacks. I would prefer X in the game because he has a bigger and better range of moves than the original MM does. Zero could be a Link/Zero Suit Samus spin off but with different attacks, like MMX.

Simon/Richter Belmont -They are the two seminal Belmonts, so either one of them would be fine. B moves would be items that have appeared throughout the series (boomerang, holy water, knife)

Bub and Bob - A new duo to team up against the Ice Climbers. Lots of bubble-related moves can come from these guys

Sonic - Obvious choice

Knuckles - He's more of the fighting type than Tails. I could see him having a nice desperation move where he can float over and climb up the edge of a wall.

Stages/Music:

I'm choosing these based on the characters I want in the game.

MMX/Zero - Spark Mandrill Stage and music. Imagine if you keep bashing the level, the lights eventually go out for a little while? Awesome.

Simon/Richter - Clock Tower stage, Theme of Simon music from CV4.

Bub and Bob - Old school Bubble Bobble level with the same music. Only way people can get knocked out are through the top and bottom of the level!

Sonic - Emerald Hill Zone level and music

Knuckles - First level of Sonic + Knuckles. I never played through that one too much haha.

Items:

Excitebikes - A couple NES sprite Excitebikes rush the stage from left to right, knocking things around

Pong - A HUGE pair of paddles block the edges of the stage, knocking a giant square pixel back and forth for 10 seconds, destroying everything

Space Invaders - Space invaders hover above the level, descending and reversing direction throughout the course of the battle. They can be destroyed by characters. Any remaining ones that land will explode in a huge way

Tennis Racket - You get a tennis racket and you can volley balls throughout the level. At the end, you can keep it to hit foes with.

FELIPE NO
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:04 AM #192 of 1323

No, I think it has to do with the fact that Kojima and Miyamoto are friends and thought it would be TOTALLY AWESOME to have Snake in SSBB.

Which, actually, is a fact.

Vibrate
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:07 PM #193 of 1323

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:12 PM #194 of 1323
Speaking of duo characters, it would be awesome to see a Superstar Saga version of a Mario & Luigi duo, in the style of the Ice Climbers duo. They have a lot of moves already and the bizarre visual style would be a lot of fun too.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:28 PM #195 of 1323
Speaking of duo characters, it would be awesome to see a Superstar Saga version of a Mario & Luigi duo, in the style of the Ice Climbers duo. They have a lot of moves already and the bizarre visual style would be a lot of fun too.
Good call. They would be EXCELLENT in combat.

I've always wanted to see Paper Mario make an appearance as well. He could do some cool paper-esque tricks, I'm sure.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:02 PM #196 of 1323
8 pages, and I can't believe no one has suggested the one character who would be PERFECT for this game. In fact, if I had the chance, I would probably vote for him above anyone else, if it increases his odds of appearing.

Spoiler:

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:17 PM #197 of 1323
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
8 pages, and I can't believe no one has suggested the one character who would be PERFECT for this game. In fact, if I had the chance, I would probably vote for him above anyone else, if it increases his odds of appearing.

Spoiler:
That's true... Only problem I see with him is that he's not much of a legend in the gaming world. Then again, neither is Meta Knight, so I suppose anything is possible.

They NEED to have Sonic in there though. Hell, how could I forget, throw Bonk in there as well! Mario, Sonic, and Bonk in battle together would be amazing. The battle for 16-bit supremacy!

With Sonic in there, they should have a big story mode involving him versus Mario and vice versa. That would be incredible fan service.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:20 PM #198 of 1323
In Japan he's a sensation. Even has his own comic strip in Japan's funnies. They even had a contest where Kindergarteners were allowed to draw up a monster to be put in one of the games. It would increase his american prescence if anything else.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:23 PM #199 of 1323
I'm more shocked that nobody suggested Totakeke and his guitar :(

He's my most wanted 1st party character :D

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; May 11, 2006 at 01:35 PM.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:28 PM #200 of 1323
Has anyone suggested any of Sony's platforming characters yet?
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ratchet, Sly, and Jak would all make great additions.

[ MOBIUS ]
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl