Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] CRYSIS a.k.a. Baiken buys another graphics card

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:50 PM #1 of 8
CRYSIS a.k.a. Baiken buys another graphics card

Aight. Just downloaded it. I am impressed with the game.

But who the hell can even run this game at max settings.

I've got a 3.0GHz Wolfdale with 4 gigs of 1066 RAM, and I still have to leave AA off for smooth gameplay.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:40 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 11:40 PM #2 of 8
With DX10, you'd need more than three 8800GTX's. But yeah, after ::gookslaughter:: mode is over, it kinda goes downhill. Just enjoy mowing down trees while you can. You'll get to the point where you're more eager to move on to the next area, time and time again, then realize that you're at the end of the game. Regardless, its very pretty.

Yeah I have an 8800GTX

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:00 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 12:00 AM #3 of 8
With DX10, you'd need more than three 8800GTX's. But yeah, after ::gookslaughter:: mode is over, it kinda goes downhill. Just enjoy mowing down trees while you can. You'll get to the point where you're more eager to move on to the next area, time and time again, then realize that you're at the end of the game. Regardless, its very pretty.

Yeah I have an 8800GTX
Ok, small question for all the people who have actually played this game.

Is this game really good? or is it just another shooter with the best graphics to date?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:04 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 09:04 AM #4 of 8
Well that depends how much you enjoyed Far Cry. Play it on maximum difficulty and it's worlds above most FPS games. The range of freedom and tactics afforded by the environments and the engine itself is astounding. But then, the later parts aren't quite as fun

It's pretty fun seeing those articles about fiddling with Crysis settings. The tuning goes well beyond maximum by editing setting files manually. The comparison shots are near photorealistic, but I'd like to see what kind of framerates they're getting.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:28 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 12:28 AM #5 of 8
Didn't play Far Cry (Never been a big fan of FPS).

But if you say that the game do have something beyond amazing graphics, maybe I'll try it later. (When cheaper hardware to play it properly enters my budget)

I was speaking idiomatically.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 06:24 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 11:24 AM #6 of 8
If Crysis does indeed make it to the PS3/360 then I might check it out, but I have no particular interest in the game, mainly because it seemed be promoted almost entirely on its 'astounding' graphics. Yes, I like good graphics and pretty looking things, but I actually want a game to go with it. Crysis sounds like a fairly vanilla FPS with fantastic graphics and reasonably impressive environments.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:13 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 09:13 AM #7 of 8
Looks pretty (my laptop could run it around 75% of full settings), but I didn't enjoy it. Despite being a huge FPS fan, it really didn't floor me in any way. One glaring problem is that the damn AI needs tweaking. I hated how enemies seemed to have X-ray vision and could spot you over 100 yards away amid foliage. The fights got quite repetitive, to boot.

I bought it the day it came out and ended up uninstalling it once I finally made it to the alien ship. Folks said how "astounding" it was. Weeeellllll I dunno It was pretty. That's all I have to say about it. Folks fuckin' loved this game and Bioshock, yet despite being a huge fan of shooters, I didn't enjoy either.

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Cam
troll

Member 2604

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 04:48 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 03:48 PM #8 of 8

Yeah I have an 8800GTX
Bullshit, only if you want shaders set at max, or AA.

q6600 @default,
2gb ram @ 888mhz,
1x 8800GT (512mb),
vista x64

Ran at 1600x1200 everything maxed exept shader which was set to low (had it at high before, but snowy areas went to shit with shader on). I didn't see much change with shader so fuck that.
That game had some incredible graphics, wish there was more like it, and not so short.

Don't remember if I used AA though. Might've had it on 2x.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Cam; May 18, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] CRYSIS a.k.a. Baiken buys another graphics card