Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Twitch is removing permanent storage of past broadcasts

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2014, 05:16 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2014, 02:16 PM #1 of 10
Twitch is removing permanent storage of past broadcasts

A lot of you stream nowadays! So I'm just going to post this here instead of meaning to link this in chat and then never doing so.

The Official Twitch Blog Update: Changes To VODs On Twitch ? The Official Twitch Blog

Quote:
Going forward, we’re increasing default rolling storage for past broadcasts from 3 days to a maximum of 14 days, for everyone who has opted in (i.e., enabled Archive Broadcasts). For Turbo subscribers and members of the Twitch Partner Program, that storage is increased to a maximum of 60 days.

Unfortunately, increasing the amount of storage this way comes at considerable cost. In order to enable this, we have to remove the "save forever" option entirely for past broadcasts.
Quote:
Highlights will be saved indefinitely; however, they will now be limited to 2 hours in length. All prior highlights that you’ve made will be saved regardless of length.

As for existing past broadcasts, beginning three weeks from today, we will begin removing them from Twitch servers. If you would like to keep your past broadcasts, we encourage you to begin exporting or making highlights of your best moments so that they’re saved for posterity.
So y'all might want to do something about this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2014, 05:27 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2014, 02:27 PM #2 of 10
I don't really see how this makes them viable long-term. As soon as the masses generate enough inertia to move to another site Twitch will be dead and Google will have wasted another billion.

e: It doesn't make sense from a business perspective to answer these sort of questions with "go to another site" because, y'know, people will.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:46 PM #3 of 10
lol this is fuckin' stupid.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:52 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2014, 10:52 PM #4 of 10
Speedrunners with >2 hour games are going to be so happy.

So will AGDQ, or VGCW.

The content ID tagging that's even worse, though. Jesus.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:14 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2014, 08:14 AM #5 of 10
hopefully spooby archives somewhere else

I was speaking idiomatically.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2014, 04:15 AM 1 #6 of 10
Hitbox.tv anyone?

Most amazing jew boots
Old Aug 7, 2014, 04:45 AM #7 of 10
Oh man... I was really enjoying this Save Forever option. I guess I'll need to export these off of twitch. What a shame. This is just the beginning of Youtube bullshit we can come to look forward to. I'll have to look into hitbox.tv I guess and see how well that works. I wonder how many are going to migrate.

Additional Spam:
Yup it gets worse. Muting entire videos (okay... sections of) if any content is flagged. Good job Twitch you're definitely part of the Google family now!

The Official Twitch Blog Important: Changes To Audio In VODS ? The Official Twitch Blog

Additional Spam:
My Hitbox page: http://www.hitbox.tv/AcerBandit

Pang created a team page: http://www.hitbox.tv/team/denisux

Team pages are pretty convenient because they essentially showcase the GFF knuckleheads and their latest recordings.

Additional Spam:
Important to note though: Hitbox only saves your recordings for 14 days.

But that's pretty much always how it's been at Hitbox I guess. Twitch basically destroyed the one amazing feature that Hitbox didn't have.

The other thing is that Hitbox doesn't do audio content flagging bullshit. Seriously why you have to fuck everything up, Twitch? And what of the old awesome speed running marathon streams like Awesome Games Done Quick? I'm going to guess those are going to be all deleted in 3 weeks. Ugh.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 7, 2014 at 07:35 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:56 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2014, 09:56 AM #8 of 10
And what of the old awesome speed running marathon streams like Awesome Games Done Quick? I'm going to guess those are going to be all deleted in 3 weeks. Ugh.
Those will be fine; they record the entire marathons as they happen anyway and upload to Youtube afterward. If there are segments of gameplay that people value, they really ought to be creating local copies anyway.

I think the content flagging is bullshit (don't really care what their legal obligations are, implementation is still stupid) so I'll laugh if a mass exodus occurs.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:23 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2014, 11:23 AM 1 #9 of 10
Here's a useful tool for checking your own content for mutes.

Muted Stats

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:48 PM #10 of 10
Okay I've been using this to export broadcasts from Twitch.

Video Download - Twitch Tools

You can put a broadcast in there and it will list out all associated 30 minute FLV files for that broadcast.

Use JDownloader or something to download them all (it gives an option to list the links as text that help for download tools like this) and once you've gotten all the FLV files for a broadcast rejoin them all together again into one big FLV file.

I use this tool: Andy's FLV Joiner 0.6

I've already used it successfully with two 6 hour broadcasts.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Twitch is removing permanent storage of past broadcasts