Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Green Arrow

Onyx
Chocobo

Member 384

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:22 PM #1 of 5
Green Arrow

What do you guys think of Green Arrow? I always thought he looked like an interesting guy, but I never read any of the comics, and I'm not particularly well-versed with the Justice League, either.

I thought about maybe picking up some a graphic novel or two, or a collection of some of his best comics?

What do you think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:37 AM #2 of 5
I think, as a character, Green Arrow contributes a lot to the DC universe. I haven't read much of his solo stuff and not much team stuff prior to his resurrection, but he brings balance to the team dynamic even though he has no powers. A good example of this is in Justice League Elite.

From what I have read of him, it does make me want to explore his past adventures. I would really like to read his Silver Age stuff. Another bonus is that he is very often featured with his friend, Green Lantern Hal Jordan.

How ya doing, buddy?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:05 PM #3 of 5
I became a big Green Arrow fan when I read 'Identity Crisis'. I started reading his title with issue #54 (current volume). He is a good no-nonsense kind of person. A family man. All around good guy. For me, the fact that he doesn't have any superpowers makes him more accesable.

xman25

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Onyx
Chocobo

Member 384

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:37 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:37 PM #4 of 5
Yeah, so I got my hands on some of the early Green Arrow comics (before they gave him a mustache and a beard), and they SUCK. Seriously, they are so hokey that I want to puke. It's the equivalent of the campy Batman comics, and the GA has different arrows for every occassion (including one that acts as an umbrella when shot). The comics I read were from the DC Showcase Presents stories, in case you're curious.

I still have faith. I'm going to read the later comics, as he seems like a kickass character there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:57 PM #5 of 5
I like Green Arrow, but I believe someone needs to do something different and original with him. I'm not sure mayor is quite the direction I mean. It's just, there was a time when they rebooted the character and took away all his trick arrows, making him a true archer. What was it? The Longbow Hunters? Something like that. That was creative. I want something like that.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Green Arrow