Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Digimon

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 01:05 PM #76 of 287
I don't know what happened, but Masaru and Agumon seemed way more annoying in this episode to me than Touma and Gaomon (though yeah, I still hate that 'Yes, Master!" thing). I still hated Touma's attitude towards Masaru, but at least he wasn't acting brash in trying to defeat Drimogemon like Masaru was. And of course, Yoshino and Raramon were totally useless once again.

As for Drimogemon, I can't say I really liked him that much. He was just too cutesy to the point of annoyance, in my opinion. Not only that, but he never really ever seemed to fight back, another thing I didn't really like. At least he'll be doing that in the next episode, though.

I'm also still waiting for an explanation on why both Yoshino and Touma can make their digimon evolve without having to attack the enemy digimon themselves like Masaru has to. I may just be focusing on this too much, but it just bugs me that they haven't explained (or even touch on) this yet.

Next episode:
I can't wait to see what happens in the Digital World. From what they showed in the preview though, it looked kinda plain. It was probably just a small portion, though.

And thanks once again for the direct download, Wolf!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 04:07 PM #77 of 287
Well, since you didn't post spoilers...

Masaru only wanted to beat Drimogemon to show Tohma that he wasn't useless to DATS. That's the impression I got out of it. What IS surprising is that Tohma was the one who went after Drimogemon to the Digital World, even going as far as to defy the Commander's orders. That's certainly something I would have seen Masaru doing instead.

Aww, I think Drimogemon was just fine. He was just a scared Digimon and wasn't willing to fight. Something tells me he's was only acting the part though, considering he can apparently leave and enter the Digital World whenever he pleases. That sounds fishy to me. Maybe something or someone is controlling the Digimon.

I don't think Masaru's a normal human, as he displays incredible jumping power. Haha. Anyway, I think he has to punch a Digimon everytime to get the digi-soul because he's just inexperienced, whereas Tohma and Yoshino have been with DATS for quite a while now and can simply evolve their Digimon with relative ease. I suspect as the show goes on, Masaru should be able to do the same. Well, either that or Masaru has a deep dark secret we don't know about yet.

Raramon wasn't that useless in this episode for once. She actually defeated Numemon, not that it's anything to brag about XD

P.S. Gonna cut this short 'cause I'm busy watching Godzilla Final Wars as I'm typing this.

P.P.S. Oh, and you're welcome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 08:03 AM #78 of 287
Bah...guess I'm gonna have to doublepost.

Episode 5 is out!! As before, here are the links for the Torrent and the Direct download.

I haven't seen it yet, so my comments will come later.

Update! The Direct Download link I gave led to an incomplete video file, so I've edited the post with another link instead.

More updates! I just saw it.
Spoiler:
Pretty darn good episode, although I would have liked Digmon to have a little more screentime. It looks like he was defeated a tad too easily. Although some people may not like it, but Masaru and Tohma have bonded somewhat, making them more friendlier rivals than other rivalries (Naruto and Sasuke for example). I actually like this idea, as opposed to dragging out an entire season's worth of "I hate you, you're better than me!" Maybe Tohma would lose his 'prick' status from now on, which to me sounds like a very good idea.

I just apparently realized today that Gaogamon has a curled tail, making him more of a spitz dog than a true wolf, which I'm glad for since two past seasons have already featured wolves.

Next episode looks to be great, and I can't wait to see it! First we have Elecmon, the cute rabbity thing, and then we have BlackGarurumon! Awesome! I would've liked to see BlackWereGarurumon instead, but he did appear in Frontier, so I guess Toei didn't want to repeat themselves. Masaru and Agumon appears to be fighting for the first time, which is something that hasn't been done before in Digimon. It'd be interesting to see what will come out of this one.

Yok yok! It looks like Agumon died :D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Freelance; May 6, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 01:13 PM Local time: May 6, 2006, 12:13 PM #79 of 287
Downloading now (thanks again!). I'll try to watch it sometime later today and come back with my impressions.

FELIPE NO
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 02:34 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:34 PM #80 of 287
I'm geting anoyed WTW is the only ones doing this...seriouly, the other dudes were much better.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 04:24 PM #81 of 287
Eh? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in WTW that Savers has lots of groups subbing Savers, WPP being one of them. I can't remember their names though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 04:08 PM #82 of 287
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Eh? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in WTW that Savers has lots of groups subbing Savers, WPP being one of them. I can't remember their names though.
WtW's the only one that's doing it at the moment and trying to be current, I think. The rest of the groups might just be sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Most amazing jew boots
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 10:31 PM #83 of 287
That's practiacly WPP's Modous Operandoum.

Most amazing jew boots
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Fire Fox

Member 2185

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 05:15 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 06:15 PM #84 of 287
WTW is not that bad, right? Anyway, I'm catching Savers on WTW's torrent too. And the only thing I don't like is Agumon, Greymon and maybe metal greymon and maybe wargreymon. I think the main digimon of Savers should be a new one instead of the old Agumon. Storylinewise not bad IMO.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 05:49 AM #85 of 287
I don't have any problems with WTW from what I've seen so far. WPP is good, but they're so slow. Kinda like what Toriyama's World did with Naruto >_>

I normally hate Agumon, but he's cool in Savers, so I don't mind him being in there anymore. He's not the same Agumon from Adventure.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:22 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:22 AM #86 of 287
Just now got around to seeing episode 5. Damn school. Anyway, here are my thoughts on the episode:

The Digital World was pretty boring. It seemed like it was nothing but empty fields, empty caves, and empty (but conveniently placed) crystal palaces. I'm really hoping they elaborate on it more in future episodes, especially when more of the action starts to take place there (assuming more of the action takes place there later in the series).

I was glad to see Masaru and Touma bond in this episode. This is the first episode since they've both been here that neither of them have annoyed me. If they keep this up though, I should definitely be able to stand Touma for the rest of the series.

As for Drimogemon/Digmon, he still didn't work as a bad guy for me. He wasn't as annoying in this episode, but he wasn't that much better either. I still didn't think he fought back, especially as Digmon. Considering what's on the line, you would think that he would fight with a little more desperation.

As for the next episode:
Spoiler:
I can't believe they're fighting already! I thought they would have waited a little longer before creating a rift between the two.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 01:28 PM #87 of 287
Here are my thoughts for episode 6:

Spoiler:
First off, couldn't they find something better for them to fight over? I mean, the last piece of food? Not only is that so trivial, but it's been so many times before (though it has never really been escalated into this kind of a serious argument). I don't know, it just seemed so artificial, like they had to do this just for the sake of doing this. And of course, it ended like how we all expected it too, Masaru and Agumon making up and then taking down the bad guy, together.

But this was another episode where I just didn't like Masaru. When he acts so brash like this, I almost downright hate him. It was good to see him realize he couldn't do it on his own, but I wish he would have done that without making all those stupid decisions at first.

BlackGarurumon was pretty cool as the bad digimon for this episode, but overall I'm still not liking these standalone bad guys in every episode. I really want to see some kind of overarching bad digimon have a plot that spans over a number of episodes, to make the show feel less episodic.

As for next week, it didn't really look too appealing from the preview. It didn't even look like it would have that much action in it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

FELIPE NO
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:01 PM #88 of 287
The sub is already out??? You should've posted links if I didn't : /

I have to check it out. I will read your thoughts after I watch it.

Last edited by Freelance; May 15, 2006 at 08:08 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 06:55 PM #89 of 287
What happened to the subs for this show? Shouldn't like the next two episodes have been released already? I hope something gets released soon, or I may have to start watching raws (if those are even being released).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 08:01 PM #90 of 287
WTW said episode 7 will be delayed. I'm fine waiting though. Too many other stuff to do.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 07:16 PM #91 of 287
Yeah, I read about episode 7 being delayed on their website, as they said they'll probably release it as a double episode with episode 8. But it's been so long that it seems like even episode 8 should have been released by now. I hope they aren't going to drop the series or something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 08:33 PM #92 of 287
I think they're just too busy right now. I don't think they'll drop the series though. They seem dedicated to me.

Even if they stop doing it, there's still those other fansubbers. If only they can get their butt in gear though. >_>

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:07 PM #93 of 287
EP 7 IS OUT!! WOOT!!!

Torrent
Direct Download

Last edited by Freelance; Jun 22, 2006 at 10:12 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 03:03 PM #94 of 287
Wow, I didn't even know that episode 7 was out (I never even saw this thread when it was bumped), so I just saw it today.

It was an alright episode, though it was definitely one of those fun, cutesy episodes that don't really achieve anything, except for being fun and cute. Most of it was pretty prdecitable, and nothing out of the ordinary really happened. It was still fun to watch nonetheless.

Anyway, the next episode doesn't look like it will be all that great, and with the slow pace this series is coming out at, it's getting pretty hard for this show to keep my attention. It's not like I'm watching that many other series though, so I guess I'll keep watching whenever they actually release another episode.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:31 PM #95 of 287
I thought the entire episode was filler at first, but it does tell you a lot about Tohma's mysterious past. Apparently his childhood wasn't full of happiness, compared to other people, which brings out a whole new side to him.

I quite liked the episode. Tohma actually wasn't being annoying (and a jerk) for once, it had some funny parts, and there's a lot of funny expressions. The Digimon battle was blah though, but that's the only low point. It looks like the next episode's going to feature Yoshino in her 'starring' episode, much like this episode.

Double Post:
EPISODE 8 IS OUT! WHOOO!

Torrent

Sorry, no direct download yet.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Freelance; Jul 8, 2006 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 07:13 PM #96 of 287
Man, I hadn't even realized episode 8 was out (I guess I didn't see your post since it was automerged to your last one), but now I see that episode 9 is out as well. Well, at least that gives me two new episodes to watch. I'll post my thoughts on them once I get around to watching them.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:44 PM #97 of 287
I didn't even know ep 9 was out. Must get! Thanks for the heads up!

Oh, and Taco told me that they're now subbing Tamers. WOOT! That's my favourite season :D

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 07:47 PM #98 of 287
I've only seen the dubbed version, but that's my favorite season as well. I guess I'll check that out just to see the original version and just because I haven't seen it in a while (I don't think I've watched it since it first aired back on FOX Kids).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:56 PM #99 of 287
I got all the dubbed eps burned on CD save one. It's crappy quality with a small viewing area, but its better than nothing >_> I've only seen a few episodes of the subbed version and I actually prefer the dub, as some of the funny jokes aren't in the original version. The voices for both versions are good, however, so I can't complain there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:23 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 03:23 AM #100 of 287
Been watching the Raw episodes and I have to say it get more interesting. The beginning episodes just didn't interest me like the past 4 season did.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Digimon