Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2009, 01:10 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2009, 08:10 PM #3351 of 3609
What happened to that Boogyman guy?
Rey mysterio aside, everyone else is boring, might as well watch real fighting instead of this fake slapping stuff.
Divas are nice sometimes tho.... But that boogyman guy was straight crack.

How ya doing, buddy?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:47 PM #3352 of 3609
He got released, again.

He had a short, but successful run in 06, with the biggest thing being his win over Booker T and JBL.

He got released in 07, but Booker T was good friends with him, so he got rehired prior to Booker T leaving. he stayed on, but things went downhill for him as he continually lost, sometimes in bizarre ways. He was also phased out due to his age (he was 40ish when he started, believe it or not) and mostly lost all his matches before being released again.

I think I already mentioned it, but you probably want to check out either AAA, CMLL, or Ring of Honor Zip. the action is (usually) much faster, more intense, and just fun to watch. Evan Bourne is decent though....with many feeling he'll take the reigns of high flying from Rey Rey when Rey retires / leaves the WWE.

How ya doing, buddy?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2009, 06:43 PM #3353 of 3609
Prediction time:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship - Triple Threat Match
- Kurt Angle (c) vs. Sting vs. Matt Morgan.
As of Saturday morning, we all had Angle pegged. Now, with his current situation, that may...MAY put a damper on things. Some people say 'It's TNA> They don't care.' but I disagree for three reasons. 1.) The idea of having a supposed stalking, drug-addict as your world champ does NOT sound good, 2.) Carter recently removed Jarrett because of his now public relationship with Karen. We could go on another tangent on that (there may be more as to why this relationship is happening) but Carter would look like a hypocrite if she (supposedly) "suspended" Jarrett for his actions outside the ring and not Angle's which are far more severe, and 3.) Carter supposedly to the senate something along the lines that they would punish guys like Angle.
That all being said, TNA is in a bad position here. Sting just lost the title and may be out not just of TNA but wrestling. Matt Morgan isn't to that level yet to win the title (although he did beat Styles cleanly twice). My guess? A few options:

1.) Foley or someone basically puts Styles in the match. Why? I wish I had a way to explain it other than 'Styles is the face of TNA and having him NOT on a PPV is just wrong'. Styles then wins the title, then defends it the next month against Morgan with the idea being Morgan beat him twice cleanly. Styles would then lose the title to Joe.

2.) Joe could win it one of two ways:
a.) Angle shows up looking concerned and basically admits his mind has been preoccupied from this prior weekend. He asks Joe if he has his back. Joe says he does, then goes out for his match with Homicide. Joe wins the X title in convincing fashion OR obliterates Homicide and gets a DQ loss. He comes back, and Angle, impressed, gets Joe added to the match. The idea is Joe will take care of business for Angle, like he did two months ago. Joe though, will turn on Angle, choke him out, and put him out becoming the champ. He'll then go on to say that Angle himself said tehre can be only one leader in MEM and that is him.
b.) Similar to a) but Joe chokes out and takes out Angle. He then goes on to say that he outsmarted the MEM. He'll say that he took them down, one by one, until Angle remained. However, he knew Angle, the leader, would be heavily guarded. So he joined the MEM as he knew it would be the best way to get at Angle, and when he did, it was when Angle and everyone else least expected it. Joe will have his revenge, he would have destroyed the MEM single-handily, be made to look competent and even be the world champion.

3.) Hermandez supposedly has a 'anytime, anywhere' title shot. He could use it here.

With all this being said, number 2.) with Joe and Taz turning back face is the best option hands down. But it's TNA so...

Winner: Angle

TNA Legends Championship Match
- Mick Foley (c) vs. Kevin Nash.

I don't see Nash regaining the title. That's pointless. So watch for Foley to retain the title. BTW, I guess Foley is a face now...by default / I'm just guessing here?

Winner: Foley
TNA X Division Championship Match
- Homicide (c) vs. Samoa Joe.

This is about as hard as the world title match because of so many elements. It would stink if Homicide just lost the title so quickly but it would make Joe look bad if he didn't win it especially after losing by DQ a few weeks ago. Perhaps a compromise is in order. Joe wins the match with his choke sleeper but refusing to let go to the decision is reversed.
Oh wait, it's TNA and they can't possibly think that far ahead...
Winner: Joe

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
- Booker T & Scott Steiner (c's) vs. Team 3D.

Winner: The last two WCW champions

Steel Asylum Match
- Suicide vs. Chris Sabin vs. Amazing Red vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal vs. Daniels vs. Consequences Creed.

I haven't a clue who will win this match. Suicide finally lost the X division title so he'd be a good candidate to win this to move on. but...why? What if.....if.....TNA decided to play their trump card and have Suicide lose here, but get into the main event and win the title tonight, only to unmask and reveal he is Kaz? Or what if he DID win this but said that he didn't want an X-division shot but a world title shot and it was granted? It's unlikely that will happen but it would be creative. That being said..my guess?

Winner: Daniels
IWGP Tag Team Championship Match
- The British Invasion (c's) vs. Beer Money, Inc.

So NJPW is ticked at TNA for moving the titles from the team 3-D to the BI. Some have said BMI would win it easily but my opinion? I don't think NJPW would like the titles changing hands so quickly. Wait a month.

Winners: British Invasion

"World Title Shot" briefcase on the line
- Hernandez vs. Rob Terry.

Oh, so he does have a world title shot still. I suppose this make sit far more likely he'll use it tonight. I mean, it would surely be one of the most logical solutions, right? RIGHT?

Winner: Hermandez
$50,000 Bounty Match
- Abyss vs. Jethro Holliday.

Winner: Abyss
TNA Knockouts Championship Match
- Angelina Love (c) vs. ODB.

Winner: Love

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:10 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 02:10 PM #3354 of 3609
So we all know Rhaka Khan is going to get completely buried after the dealings with Angle.

Also mortis, I loved your three scenarios for the ME match, also you forgot about Elijah Burke in the Steel Asylum match.

But for the title match you forgot one very vital thing...right now the TNA writers aren't any smarter than the WWE writers and the fact that you have Vince Russo booking TNA just makes everything full of more fail

There's nowhere I can't reach.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:43 PM #3355 of 3609
The funny thing is she got another knockout fired. Talk about 'big whoops'.

Of course, TNA has to be careful as Khan could in theory sue them saying they aren't pushing her because of what happened with Kurt.

Kurt supposedly has proof that what Khan said isn't completely true including cameras and such.

Oh, and Taz replaced Don West.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:48 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 09:48 PM #3356 of 3609
Oh, and Taz replaced Don West.
Wait. When did Don West get fired? He was at Hard Justice just 3 days ago. Sure, I know he pulled that stunt back at Lockdown, or the PPV before Lockdown, where he kept showing up late and leaving early, but...

...yeah, I'm just confused.

Also, isn't Taz supposed to be Samoa Joe's manager or something, involved with the MEM?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:47 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 08:47 PM #3357 of 3609
Of course, TNA has to be careful as Khan could in theory sue them saying they aren't pushing her because of what happened with Kurt.
Of course a lot of the wrestlers around now could say they aren't getting pushed because they aren't friends with Orton, HHH etc.

How ya doing, buddy?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:15 AM #3358 of 3609
Well, it's prediction time for Summerslam!

ECW Champion Christian vs. William Regal

Still don't follow ECW, but I doubt Christian will lose it to Regal.

Winner: Christian.

MVP vs. Jack Swagger

This should be an interesting matchup, but in the end look for Swagger to get the win.

Winner: Swagger

Kane vs. The Great Khali

I don't follow Smackdown either so this will be a complete guess. I wish they would've done Mark Henry vs. Big Show.

Winner: Kane.

Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler

Rey has been the champ since Wrestlemania and I don't forsee him losing the title here. If he does, I'll be very surprised. I didn't think they'd push this Dolph guy so much.

Winner: Rey Mysterio.

Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show and Chris Jericho vs. Cryme Time

Show and Jericho won the titles last month and even got a combined remix of their themes together. Cryme Time will fight valiently, but in the end won't be able to stop the Big Show. It'll be like when Shaq had to save them last time...they have no chance.

Winners: Big Show and Chris Jericho

D-Generation X vs. Legacy

There is no freaking way Legacy will win here. It'll be a close match and look for DX to not only come out on top but also incapacitate Legacy so they won't be able to interfere in Orton's match to save his title like they did last month.

Winners: D-Generation X.

World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk (TLC Match)

Isn't Hardy supposed to be leaving soon? Either way, this match should be freaking amazing. Honestly it could've been simplified into a simple ladder match, but hell I'll take TLC anyday. Even though this is Hardy's specialty, look for Punk to regain the title here.

Winner and new champion: CM Punk.

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena

With Legacy out of the picture, this should be an uninterrupted match. It will be a long hard fought battle, but look for Orton to make one mistake like missing the punt and then Cena counters into the STF. I don't think Orton will submit there, but make it to the ropes to break the hold. Look for the ref to get knocked out at some point, then Legacy comes down, then DX comes down, and all hell breaks loose. Then while DX and Legacy are fighting outside, the ref will wake up. Orton will go for his RKO, but miss and Cena delivers the FU (yeah, screw the Attitude Adjustment). 1, 2, 3, new champion.

Winner and new champion: John Cena.

Most amazing jew boots
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:09 PM #3359 of 3609
ECW Champion Christian vs. William Regal - He just won the belt. They'll give him some time with it.

MVP vs. Jack Swagger - I think they're gonna try to push him.

Kane vs. The Great Khali - Total guess. I would like to see Kane at the top again, but it seems like creative loves to just put big guy vs big guy. Frankly this match offers nothing to the card, and I'd rather see a US title defense instead. Hell, I'd rather see a women's title get defended.

Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler - Push time!

Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show and Chris Jericho vs. Cryme Time
- I just think that creative has bigger plans for Jericho and Show than the tag division. People are saying "well they melded the themes and that means they're gonna be around a while". Please, people do mashups all the time on YouTube. It takes like an hours worth of spare time.

D-Generation X vs. Legacy - You know if Raw is hurting for developing new stars, they have DiBiase tied up with Rhodes. I just don't see Rhodes with a long standing future in the WWE. DiBiase on the other hand has so much raw talent, it would be a shame to keep him in Legacy long term. Besides that, this will be the match that makes the crowd goes nuts.

World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk (TLC Match) - I don't know where they're going with the title picture on Smackdown.

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena - I got a feeling Orton's gonna have the title for a looooooong time forward as well.

FELIPE NO

I have nothing clever to put here.
Silent J
Chocobo

Member 1832

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:16 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2009, 08:16 PM #3360 of 3609
They really rushed the Taz being the new commentator thing. All Joe had to do was win a match? Oh well, now West can go back to his awesome deals.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2009, 02:39 PM #3361 of 3609
I think the whole Taz thing was probably due to 1.) the angle making Taz look incompetent in that Joe still lost some of his matches despite Taz's instruction and 2.) shaking up of things backstage.

Don West thing? What did DW do at Lockdown?

And I see your point with Khan. However, the issue is this is much more public. It seems more "logical" that she wouldn't get pushed based on all that has happened.

Predictions:

Cena Vs Orton - And we have Orton / Cena, again. Does anyone realize that these two, along with Triple H have fought each other in 17 matches at least? Granted, I counted some of the Royal Rumbles, but even those out, that means they have fought each other for the title nearly 2/3's of all PPVs in the last two years? Jericho is right...they are in dire straits to come up with new stars.

All this being said, watch for Cena to finally lose tonight. Orton needs to be built up some more and a clean win over Cena is how it's going to go.

Winner: Orton

Punk Vs Jeff Hardy - The amazing thing about Jeff's title reigns is that they all were surprising. Few people actually expected him to win the title last December, most assumed Edge would retain in June since Jeff was rumored to have been leaving, and nearly everyone had Punk pegged to win due to, again, rumors, and the fact that Punk just won the title. Yet, here we are with title reign number three. that being said, I think this is going to end quickly, with Punk moving on to feud with the Undertaker. The only question is, will Jeff's reign end because of Matt? People actually believe Matt is sincere with reconciling with Jeff. Hence, turning on Jeff for a third time (or perhaps fourth depending on how you view things) would really piss people off, especially if Matt got rid of Jeff. Matt could then beat Rey, and be the second most over heel on Smackdown!.
Now, there is Jericho on Smackdown!, but he is pre-occupied with the tag titles. Edge is out and will most likely come back as a babyface. hence, amazingly, there is a bit of a void on top heels right now (while just a few months back it was the other way around). One thing I could see happening is Matt turns on Jeff again, then gets the IC title, and then feuds with Morrison to help elevate Morrison. IN the meantime, Taker feuds with Punk. Jeff will eventually return and have a Wrestlemania rematch with Matt.
I have also considered the possibility of Punk / Matt hardy at September's PPV with the storyline being Matt is trying to avenge Jeff. However, after that is over, then what for Matt? Then we have a lot of upper card faces (Rey, Morrison, and Matt) with only Dolph Ziggler really to feud with (again, Jericho is pre-occupied).
This all being said...

Winner: Punk

Legacy Vs DX - So, the rumored main event because the heels go over in the previous two matches. Legacy has been built decently. I mean, have you ever, EvER seen a team that 1.) punked out HBK on his return and also 2.) punked out DX on it's return? Never. They have been built strong (aside from the fact they aren't the tag champs and haven't been for some time). This is also a chance for both of them, potential future stars, to get their first taste of main eventing and to see how they do. Interestingly, DiBiase is the first man that has main evented the same event his father did years back (Orton's father had more a manager's role at Mania 1). I feel his accomplishments will only grow.
That being said, watch for the Superkick - Pedigree combo to give DX the match. Unless...unless Shawn turns on Triple H?
What's that? An HBK heel turn? Well, that would spice up Raw a good bit. Furthermore, the reasoning would make sense. HBK lost to Taker at Mania and was content with that being his final match. However, Triple H kept pressuring him to return even though he didn't want to. Hence, the superkick.
do I see it happening though? No.

Winner: DX

Jericho & Show Vs CT - Jericho and Show are going to dominate for some time/ That, and the tag team division doesn't really have any tag teams. Nice that CT finally gets a PPV tag title match after having returned about what, one, two years later?

Winners: Show and Jericho

Dolph Ziggler Vs Rey Mysterio - Rumor is out that originally Dolph was going to win the title in their first match. However, that got reversed at the last moment. Rumor is also out that Rey Rey has been insistent on having a decent title reign. That may play a factor as there have been rumors also that Rey was considering leaving the WWE because of his frustration (he can make a lot more money in Mexico using his pesona to endorse products, etc).

That all being said, I think Ziggler's getting the title. If he doesn't, then perhaps my prediction with Matt Hardy will come true and a heel Matt Hardy will beat Rey for the title in the following month.

Winner: Ziggler

Christian Vs Regal - So...Regal is starting up his own stable. I also have heard that the WWE doesn't care which of these guys has the title as they can use them to help build their other stars. That being said, Christian did just win the title, and I see him hanging onto it another month or so. Down the road, perhaps after they switch the title a few times, watch for Koslov to turn on Regal and win the title, but that's then, and this is now.

Winner: Christian

MVP Vs Swagger - Interestingly enough, MVP faced none other than Jeff Hardy a year ago, and beat him which was his last big win before his losing streak that eventually turned him face.
It's quite sad regarding MVP as people were really into him, he was getting good publicity, and was a stellar champion. Then he lost the title to Koji and that has been about it for him. I'd like to see him face Orton to give something fresh in the main event scene, but the WWE is refusing to push him now and his fan base is starting to wane a bit. Also, it's quite obvious they want to push Swagger (although how they can do it with Orton as the champ, I don't have a clue).

Winner: Swagger

Kane Vs Khali - I am shocked Kane is still a heel. I thought they'd at least push him to face Punk with the idea being he beat Punk cleanly before Punk won the title. Oh well.

Winner: Khali

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:34 PM #3362 of 3609
By the way, as far as crowd reactions go, I've been surprised at the reaction Mark Henry has been getting lately. Do you think they may throw a title push for Henry immediately after Summerslam just to break up the HHH/Cena/Orton monotony? I mean I don't see him winning or anything, but might be nice to see a fresh face there in a Main Event.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:55 PM #3363 of 3609
I thought they might have Orton face Henry at Summerslam (in which henry gets a DQ victory) and then in September (in which ORton wins) to see how Henry did and space out Orton / Cena.

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:19 AM #3364 of 3609
Quote:
ROH announced the following earlier tonight:

Bryan Danielson has agreed in principle to a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Bryan has been an exemplary talent and a wonderful member of the Ring of Honor locker room and family since the inception of the company. We couldn’t be happier for Bryan and all of his successes, many of which Ring of Honor has been proud to witness first hand.

We congratulate Bryan on the beginning of this next journey in his brilliant career, and wish him all the best as he progresses. Many Ring of Honor fans refer to Bryan as the “best in the world” and we look forward to looking on in earnest as he shows everyone watching the wrestling world’s biggest stage just why that is.

Bryan will appear as scheduled at all of the September Ring of Honor events. Please join us in Philadelphia, Dayton, Chicago, Boston, and New York as we say thank you and farewell to a truly one-of-a-kind talent.
That's huge for WWE. Furthermore, it gives some truth behind the rumors that ROH may be hurting VERY badly. Danielson was a household name for them.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:28 PM #3365 of 3609
That itself speaks volumes in so many ways.

First, and perhaps about as equally important as Danielson going to the WWE, this deals a deep blow to Ring of Honor. Danielson has been in Roh since it's beginning. He was a part of it's first main event. Had this not happened, I would have fully expected that if Roh did close, Danielson would be the one closing it, perhaps finally winning the title again.

Danielson is the one of the founding fathers and the last of the old guard in Ring of Honor with the exception of Aeris. Punk, Joe, Styles, Daniels, Low Ki, Homicide, Corino, and others were the cornerstone of Ring of Honor. While some names are returning like Paul London, Colt Cabana, and more than likely Brian Kendrick, those are the stars that most think of first when they think of Ring of Honor.

This basically casts serious doubt regarding Roh's future as the man who honestly we thought would retire before going to TNA / WWE while Roh was still around, is leaving. It makes one wonder what financial situation they are in, and the sheer level of quality wrestling-wise that Danielson brings will now disappear.

Furthermore, it puts a major void in who can really stand to topple Aeris. Tyler Black wasted his title opportunity. Jerry Lynn has had his run. Nigel was beaten not that long ago. The list goes on. Danielson was really the only guy left who, despite it all, had a real chance.

This puts question both in regards to the financial stability, the morale, and drawing power of the company. I mean, Danielson didn't single handedly bring people to Ring of Honor, but he sure did bring a LOT of people to the shows, to watch the DVDs, etc. And just when people could get to see Danielson on national TV which his skill alone would bring get the company over with a new group of fans, he's gone.

Finally, we are in an era where promos and the like, while still important, aren't as do-or-die as theyw ere say with Austin or The Rock. Wrestling has gone back more to...wrestling. And Danielson has led the way. With him going, that leaves a bit of a void in what really set Ring of Honor apart. Don't get me wrong, there is PLENTY of talent in Ring of Honor, but Danielson was special. Much like HBK, if he was on the card, you knew you'd get a four star match at the very least.

Now, then there is the question of what will happen to Danielson. Let's be honest, Ring of Honor graduates haven't fairly all that well. Yes, Punk IS the champion, and Paul London / Brian Kendrick had a wonderful run as tag champions.

However, Colt got squashed and was gone quickly. London and Kendrick, once they were broken up, were jobbed out and have been gone. Heck, London has apparently gone insane. Gibson is a jobber these days. Low Ki, well he's injured but once he returns, who knows how well he'll be pushed. the list goes on.

Then, regarding Punk. one of Punk's ]big things was his charisma. Face it. Did any of you expect Punk to win MITB last year? The title? MITB this year? The title? Headline Summerslam last night? No, except not only did he have wonderful wrestling ability, he had good charisma that oozes out. Danielson though, leaves it in the ring. He CAN have a good promo, but he tells his story far, far, FAR more often in the ring. The WWE COULD promote that, but more than likely, they will bungle it up and / or throw a gimmick on Danielson that is stupid, far from his character, and distracting from both who he is and his wrestling ability. Plus, Vince likes big men. Danielson wouldn't be the smallest world champion, but he sure wouldn't be the biggest. And that's another strike against him.

It COULD work. I could see him having an excellent match with his trainer, HBK. But then what? I can see him and HBK feuding, HBK winning, Danielson getting the win back, and then that's it. From there, he'll become a mechanic. He might, MIGHT win the IC title, he'll put on excellent world title matches, but he'll never get a chance to actually hold the world title, have a real main event program, or represent the company with his wrestling ability alone. I'm not saying it's impossible. Bret Hart was a "small" wrestler but he held the world title five times in the WWE alone based on his wrestling skill. Another wrestler who the WWE keeps trying to erase from history (which sadly i worry may be yet another reason the WWE will be hesitant to put the title on Danielson) also held the title based on his wrestling skill alone. however, that's happened how often? Every TEN years or so (Backlund being the man to do it in the 70's and 80's by the way). I mean, Danielson COULD be that guy in say 2012 or such getting the title. However, I have heavy, heavy doubts because of the WWE's track record.

And more than likely, after it's all said and done, then what? He'll eventually get released, go back to either Ring of Honor or if that is gone, the next red-hot federation as a wrestler who was awesome but "couldn't quite make the big time". that's not Danielson's fault, but rather that's how the WWE (and many people who really don't know his skill and ability) will perceive him.

I mean, maybe I am wrong. I mean, maybe they'll put him in immediately with a feud with, say, Jericho, then Punk, and then turn him heel so he can face a return Jeff Hardy, HBK (in perhaps HBK's last match which would really put him over) and then take that next step to the world title picture. Maybe.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:44 AM #3366 of 3609
So another organization is going to be bought out by Vince..? Such is the end of wrestling(though it's been the end for about 8-9 months in my case, since I can't watch wrestling anymore).

Quote:
1.) Foley or someone basically puts Styles in the match. Why? I wish I had a way to explain it other than 'Styles is the face of TNA and having him NOT on a PPV is just wrong'. Styles then wins the title, then defends it the next month against Morgan with the idea being Morgan beat him twice cleanly. Styles would then lose the title to Joe.
..I'm afraid to ask, what has transpired in the wrestling world in the past couple of months..

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:04 PM #3367 of 3609
Storm:

- Foley joined TNA shortly after getting pissed off at Vince about a year ago. Vince kept yelling at him when he was announcing, frustrating Foley. Foley was then beat up by Edge prior to Edge's match with Undertaker at Summerslam. Foley reappeared in TNA, as the commish or something like that.
During that time, he at first was a face and friends with Sting, who is kinda a heel. He then beat up Sting and even went nuts at one point going on a power trip by playing entrance theme songs of various wrestlers during a Sting beat down. He shocked everyone by beating sting in a cage match for the title. He was then champ, and whacked Jarrett, pissing Jarrett off. It gets more confusing but eventually he becoems a face or something liket hat again, wins and loses the Legends title to and from Kevin Nash, and seems to be giving the rub to Abyss.

- Sting was a "heel" in the MEM except he never really joined any of the beat downs, played to the fans, and was still cheered (in which everyone else got booed). He held the world title for over six months, the longest TNA reign and his longest ever world title reign by first beating Joe. Towards the tail end of those six months, he feuded with Angle within the MEM, then teamed with him, and it just gets confusing. He lost the title to Foley, but then beat Angle as part of a four way the next month to become leader of the MEM. He then faced Matt Morgan, beat him, then got kicked out of the MEM. He last fought for the world title this past Sunday where Angle pinned Morgan. Oh, and he seems to be reaching the final stage of his career as he gives the rub to Styles as we go to bound for glory where Sting will have his final match and retire.

- Matt Morgan teamed with Abyss but eventually turned on him. He then feuded with Sting to get into the MEM but lost. He beat Styles twice, cleanly, to earn the right to face for the world title. Angle whacked him with a chair and got the pin, but the next night said it was by "accident". He then teamed with Morgan, and it gets confusing there, but in the end Morgan nails him with a fist or something. So Morgan's great heel turn is done (maybe?).

- Angle basically lost quite often up until the King of the Mountain match where Joe handed him the title. he then forced Foley to submit (with Foley doin't a wonderful job of recalling some obscure match when he submitted about fifteen or twenty years ago. Generally speaking, I am ALL FOR consistency and not doing stuff like saying "I never have submitted" when that person did earlier in his career back when he was just starting up. However, msot likely, no one knows or remembers that match...or if some people do, theyare very few). Kurt then retained the title the next month, kicked out Sting from the MEM and currently has no one to feud with now that Joe is a heel, Sting is retiring, and everyone else has been beaten. Oh, and Angle and Jeff has issues. Oh, and Angle's ex-girlfriend put a restraining order on him which made headlines about two weeks ago. Presuming all that Angle says is true (and he seems to have proof), poor Angle.

- AJ Styles won the legends tilte from Booker T in controversal fashion. That title became forgotten though until he lost it to Nash. He then lost two straight falls to Morgan ( he did win the first fall though), and was kept off the PPV. he then began tos ay he was retiring when Sting came out to stop him.

- Joe came back with intersting face paint and costume attire after getting taken out by the MEM and took them down one by one. He and Styles then began to feud, but stopped, and acted as if nothing ever happened. Eventually, he started to talk about a manager he had. Everyone in the world knew who it was. IN fact, they were PROMOTING who his manager was despite Joe kinda trying to add a sense of mystery around it. Anyway, as I said, he joined the MEM by giving Angle the title in KOTM, choked out Sting the next month, and recently won the X division title from Homicide. Most people would feel this is a step down, and well, it is. He went from being the world champion, to a pissed off X-division champion. Now, three or four years ago, the X title was being promoted as almost if not on the level as the world title. My that has changed. Oh, and Taz has already stopped being Joe's manager and become a broadcaster.

Jarrett - Basically said it all. The latest is he suppsoedly has been seeing Kurt's ex wife, Karen. This pissed off Dixie Carter supposedly, who told Jarrett to go home (or others said he decided to take personal time off) and bought his remaining stock. Some of Jarrett's allies have already been let go and many are saying that when he returns, he'll have no power.

Homicide - Won the X title by using his MITB title shot against Suicide. His reign was short-lived though as he soon lost it to Joe

Hermandez - Still has his MITB title shot.

Nash, Booker T, and Steiner - Along with Angle and Joe, basically re-enacted the nWo by having them once again punk out TNA and take all the titles. Didn't we all learn that at SOME point WCW (or in this case, TNA) needs to win?

How ya doing, buddy?
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:04 PM #3368 of 3609
About RAW:

Spoiler:
So we got Henry, who has been getting push and faceturn, tagging with MVP to go against Big Show and Jericho. So much for everyone's theory that Henry going for the championship. As for DX and McMahon allying together to fight Legacy, I assume this all ties back when Orton terrorized the family and now its going to be another personal drama bout between the two factions.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:13 PM #3369 of 3609
So, Rey Mysterio just got suspended. Few notes:

- Interestingly, he starts his suspension almost a full week later on September 2. I'm trying to imagine any other sports doing that. Couldn't they just have him drop the title at the next house show, say "Anything can happen at our shows" and then put the match on Superstars to give that show a bit of a rub?

- This makes Smackdown! quite predictable.

- this hurts Rey's marketability. Between what happened to Eddie due to his past, and what has been theorized with Benoit, those advertisers that had interest in Rey Rey may not as much anymore.

- Rey also was suppose to ahve a book come out soon. It's interesting (and unfortunate) the timing of all of this.

Most amazing jew boots
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:00 AM #3370 of 3609
Suspended for breaking the wellness policy? lol

*reads long post*

..Wow..that's.. quite a lot of controversy. Jarrett should probably stay out of view and run TNA from behind the scenes. Karen is still doing that angle with Angle(haha) huh? I remember when she was seducing Styles.. that was intense.

..Yep, the X-division title was being promoted like it was as big as the world title. I once thought it was bigger.. So I guess that means the Dudley Boys didn't "succeed" in offing the entire division a few months ago. The whole mentor/manager thing doesn't work too well with Joe.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:07 PM #3371 of 3609
Spoiler:

Bob Barker confirmed today that he will be the guest host of the September 7th edition of Monday Night Raw.

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:48 AM #3372 of 3609
Another major ROH announcement.

ROH Wrestling

Nigel McGuinness signs with WWE. This could get exciting.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:40 AM #3373 of 3609
And another blow to ROH.

Honestly, they should just have Nigel and Bryan wrestle each other in their final match. It would be fitting. but then again, you both men have done a lot and you don't want to take away from either by having them both leave on the same night.

And I guess unless Tyler Black is built up again, Aeris can have a nice, long title reign. There's no one to beat him now though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2009, 08:16 PM #3374 of 3609
Not even a half hour of Raw has gone by, and I am loving every second of it.

Spoiler:
Howard Finkel as the announcer was a nice touch, but I immediately cheered as they played The Price is Right theme as soon as Bob came out. I know it's been pretty much the same theme for many years, but that is one song I never get tired of hearing.

The fact that they have wrestlers bidding, get in the ring, and as they get in the ring if they beat their opponent they win a prize is just brilliant. I'm pretty sure even if someone wins they won't actually get the prize, but it's still a nice twist.

Price is Right combined with wrestling. I imagine most people hate it, but I am loving this combination.

Most amazing jew boots
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 09:10 PM #3375 of 3609
And in one of those LOL moments, because Bob Barker was one of the higher search terms (due to being the GM on Raw), most people assumed be died.

Oh, and Trish is GM next week. I think they are going back to Canada....which I thoguht they just did a few weeks back where Sgt Slaughter acted as a heel. Could we see a heel Trish...?

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread