Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 07:55 PM #1 of 3609
Up until about 2-3 years ago, I watched WWE regularly from about 1998 on. I'm a bit older, though, so I grew up with WWF in the late 80s and early 90s.

So, imagine my surprise while I'm looking through, er, I think Yahoo! and I see the words "Saturday Night's Main Event". I had to do a double take and look it up on NBC to make sure I was seeing things correctlly.

SNME was, basically, the important event for me, my family, and my friends during its airings on NBC. It was the show to watch, being that Monday Night RAW hadn't even been invented yet -- about the only other show was the syndicated Superstars which aired in most places on Saturday afternoon and gave you Tito Santana vs. No Name Guy or Junkyard Dog. And remember that even until a few years ago, the PPVs did little to advance stories, they were more the end or apex of storylines that the side shows developed. SNME was where the PPVs grew.

It was basically the show that led to Hulk Hogan finally losing the title to the Ultimate Warrior when they got in a fight while fighting against The Genius and Mr. Perfect. I don't remember a lot of things as vividly as that from my childhood, my friends and I must have watched that match 10 times before seeing that great Wrestlemania match which made everyone a fan of wrestling.

This event may just bring me back to wrestling. I'm definitely going to have a look see.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
and Brandy does her best to understand

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread