Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Movies that knocked you out at the cinema

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:16 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2012, 02:16 PM #1 of 14
Movies that knocked you out at the cinema

I'm really hoping I'm not alone here. I used to think this only happened to old people but it's happened to me pretty often now... You ever go to the movie theater and during the movie fall asleep? Sometimes for the entire duration of the flick? As a small child I fell asleep during a Land Before Time at a drive in movie theater, but I don't count that because I was tired and not used to being up so late (and seven).

The Avengers (1998)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
Inception (2010) (also arrived about 10 minutes late. No respect shown for this one)

I thought of this because I was at the movies with a friend for The Dark Knight Rises some time ago and he was knocked out for about half the film. I envied him at various points but I managed to survive the duration. Anyone else?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:33 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2012, 03:33 PM #2 of 14
As much as I went on to completely love the movie, District 9 knocked me out about 3/4 of the way through. Not that I wasn't enjoying it - I was running with a huge lack of sleep and it got the better of me.

The movies I wish I could have slept through:

Clash of the Titans
Mission to Mars
King Kong
Rubber

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:56 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2012, 02:56 PM #3 of 14
I'm too much of a moviehead to sleep through movies, and even if i find them boring, or bad or whatever i find i can't fall asleep, even if i try. That, and i find most movie theatre seats aren't nearly comfy enough.

If i do fall asleep during a movie it's usually at home, on my couch, and it's for one i've already seen, i'm previously sleep deprived, or i start it at like 2 AM.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:13 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2012, 03:13 PM #4 of 14
I'm too much of a moviehead to sleep through movies, and even if i find them boring, or bad or whatever i find i can't fall asleep, even if i try. That, and i find most movie theatre seats aren't nearly comfy enough.

If i do fall asleep during a movie it's usually at home, on my couch, and it's for one i've already seen, i'm previously sleep deprived, or i start it at like 2 AM.
Ditto. That and I so rarely see movies in theaters nowadays that the ones I do see I'm generally very excited for.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:15 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2012, 12:15 AM #5 of 14
Never fallen asleep in the cinema, ever. But then again I only go to the theater for films I really want to see. I remember one time being forced to see one movie by some friends that was really boring, but me and another friend just decided to up and leave. Despite the house being practically empty and therefore having plenty of places to crash out, it made more sense to spend all that time at the arcade.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Maris
pussy violat0r

Member 25507

Level 19.75

Oct 2007

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:37 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2012, 06:37 PM #6 of 14
Saw 1-6
The Cell
Hostel 1+2
A Serbian Film
etc .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:38 AM #7 of 14
Van Helsing. I was the hold out of my group of friends but went to appease them. Fell asleep during the second reel. Woke up as everyone was getting ready to leave. Ditto Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

The Amazing Spider-Man I was dozing off during the last 20 minutes or so.

The Dark Knight Rises made my eyelids heavy but I stayed awake the whole time.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:50 AM #8 of 14
I only go to the theater if I'm really interested in a movie, so there's only been one time when I fell asleep: King Kong. We went to see it at the beginning of a GFF Meet at Potomac Mills mall. I don't remember exactly who was there other than Nutty, Tails, Acer, and some of Acer's non-GFF friends. I was the only one who didn't want to see King Kong, and we got stuck in the front row. Between the movie being incredibly boring and the very awkward position my neck was in just to see the screen I passed out sometime while they were on the boat. Nutty nudged me awake sometime after they were already on the island, so I was probably out for 20-30 minutes.

I missed nothing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:54 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2012, 10:54 AM #9 of 14
It makes me sad that there have been GFF meets at the Potomac Mills Mall when my family lives about 10 minutes away. Maybe the next time I plan a visit I'll have to see who's around.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 01:17 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2012, 11:17 AM #10 of 14
The Blair Witch Project knocked me out almost immediately. I mean, I liked the movie the second time I watched it (on VHS) but it has subsequently become this joke in my movie collection that everyone likes to use me as the punchline for. And, you know what? I deserve that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 01:52 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2012, 12:52 PM #11 of 14
Definitely The Tree of Life, the movie itself it's good and some sequences are impressive to watch on a big screen. It didn't help that we had to leave early. Man I remember that nap.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:34 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2012, 09:34 AM #12 of 14
I'll go ahead and add Resident Evil 5 to this list. First 3D movie that did this to me. I don't know why I keep watching these things.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:52 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 AM #13 of 14
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're a chronic insomniac if it took 5 Resident Evil movies for you to go, "Yeah. That's the one. That's the one that's putting me in a little mini-coma, guys!"

I was speaking idiomatically.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:44 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2012, 08:44 AM #14 of 14
Yeah, it's been downhill since the beginning. For me this is the one that went too far though, there were several points during this ninety-something minute mess that I just felt miserable... I welcomed the sleep... But it was difficult. Fucking theater was so empty that it seemed like the audio was louder than the norm... Certain explosive moments in the movie kept waking my ass up. I guess it's also worth mentioning that I was very high during every movie I've listed here (except The Avengers) so that might be a small factor.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Movies that knocked you out at the cinema