Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Girlfriend broke up with me...

Dark
WARk?

Member 27824

Level 2.97

Jan 2008

Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2010, 06:01 PM #1 of 12
Girlfriend broke up with me...

to start dating a close friend of mine not even 2 days after the breakup.

I never abused her. We had a good relationship. I put time and effort into her.

Then suddenly she became distant. We broke up. /story

I just need advice on how to deal. My goal is to be at peace with it; I know that this action on both of their parts makes them not worthy of staying in my life, but I can't stop obsessing about it. Throwing them out of my life will be a staple, sure, but the whole logic behind doing such a thing just blows my mind. Any psych majors here to help me out?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:04 PM #2 of 12
So your solution to being unable to hold a relationship together is to cut two people out of your life, and you want the psych majors to explain THEIR behavior?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:06 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2010, 06:06 PM #3 of 12
She might have lost her feelings for you and rebounded with your friend. She might also be a giant ho looking for some d.

Either way I don't see why you have to never talk to either one of them again or obsess over it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:13 PM #4 of 12
I'd give them some space until you cool off, that's for sure. Hanging around with them right now is only going to cause resentment. You'll hate her for the betrayal. You'll hate him for being everything you couldn't be.

Maybe she's just young, doesn't really know what she wants and has to shop around to discover what that truly is.

Maybe you only think you had a good relationship because YOU got everything YOU wanted out of it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:25 PM 3 #5 of 12
You'll do yourself a lot of good if you learn that there doesn't need to be somebody at fault for a relationship to fail.

Either that or it's always her fault. You know, one of the two.

I was speaking idiomatically.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:55 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2010, 04:55 AM #6 of 12
You usually can't reason break-ups so don't tear yourself apart trying. Whatever the "why" is, the end result is still the same so just try to accept the reality of the situation.

I would stay away from both of them for the time being because you're obviously not ready to engage in any sort of friendship with either of them. You'll end up obsessing and resenting them so it's best to just move on with your life.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paulina's Ashes
Wark!

Member 35521

Level 1.86

Mar 2010

Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:10 PM #7 of 12
is only a little girl, apparently it is wrong if she did it without thinking, but if she did thinking about you (because he's your friend) then she is worse, quiet, everything will end, buy a good game and look as many times forget it, there are people who can not be just friends.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:55 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2010, 10:55 PM 1 #8 of 12
is only a little girl, apparently it is wrong if she did it without thinking, but if she did thinking about you (because he's your friend) then she is worse, quiet, everything will end, buy a good game and look as many times forget it, there are people who can not be just friends.
Maris?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:48 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2010, 01:48 AM 1 #9 of 12
Always remember this one thing about women: Even on their best day, they are full of shit.

Just like you're full of shit, even on your best day.

Relationships don't materialize out of thin air. If she got with your boy 2 days after she broke it off with you then likely she's been talking to him for at least 2 weeks trying to determine whether or not he was a suitable mate for her.

What does that mean? Two things. Bitch was already looking for your replacement long before you suspected anything was wrong. Secondly, your boy, who almost certainty knew you were with her, was trying to get in ya girl's drawers.

What would I do? Fuck 'em both. You don't need 'em, nor should you want 'em. You now know that both of these people are completely non-trustworthy. Your friend moreso than the female.

Honestly, people have been killed for far less.

Just being real.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:36 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2010, 02:36 AM #10 of 12
Ignore women.

Acquire wealth.
And that, my friend, is real.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:40 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2010, 12:40 AM 1 #11 of 12
Ignore women.

Acquire wealth.
Sage advice there.

If she was the kind of person to leave you suddenly then I would take upon the viewpoint that she was undeserving of being together with myself, but that is merely my take on this situation. Indeed, you probably have enough troubles without a woman adding to your difficulties, so you might consider yourself released of a burden now.

To summarize:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Girlfriend broke up with me...