Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 09:49 AM #1 of 1323
Originally Posted by Rayne
I was also looking at the symbol on the pot. I thought that was Quina's Symbol. I know I've seen it somewhere before....
maybe you're reading way too much into a symbol of a fork and a spoon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:50 AM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
I actually had a dream about this game; Sonic was in it, and he had two stages. One of them was a floating island with both the Death Egg in the background, and it was playing a remade version of the music from Launch Base Zone in Sonic 3. Of course, this isn't possible since the music in Smash Bros. is entirely orchestrated but maybe they'll surprise us there, too.
super smash bros. melee was orchestrated as well, but there were a good number of tracks that weren't (samus's stages, a lot of the unlockables).

Originally Posted by shadowlink56
But how well would that work? Sheik's swap move is down+B, so would YL have to switch 3 times to get to the desired character? That seems too tough to pull off in the heat of a battle, especially if you desire a specific move set from one of the variations. If each variation has a move set, it would almost make him too unbalanced because he'd have so much variety - Power in the Goron, Speed in the Zora, low targeting in the Deku, and all the things we already love about YL on top of that. Playing the game would be like playing four swords:Smash bros. - four Links in every battle!
Perhaps just alter his character with his special moves being related to the masks, allowing an "instant transformation" and separating him more from Adult Link.
I would like to see each individual character with its own unique fighting style instead of the clones. It would mean a big change is some of the most popular characters, but it would make for a more interesting game.
it would work by costume changes. currently, on the character select screen, pushing X or Y cycles colors, but i think it would rock if they made X change characters that are related to the main one and Y change colors for the models.

examples- after pushing X:

-mario would become dr mario
-young link would wear any of his three masks
-mega man (if he is in the game) could change into X, or battle network mega man
-samus -> zero suit samus
-sonic -> knuckles -> tails?
-any of the belmonts from castlevanias?

i'd think they could make these unlockable, and they could also give the different "characters" different abilities as well- this would be better than having copies of these characters.

also, if this idea would fall through, i still think making costume changes full and changing the models for the characters based on costume is a good idea rather than just changing the color.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:52 PM #3 of 1323
i've always hated the fact that UP on the control stick makes you jump - i've wasted many a double jump doing that ...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:27 AM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
Ganondorf has a sword now? It's about damn time. I hated the fact that characters were clones of others with different stats. Hopefully, this proves true for ALL the clones.....
that third picture was from the spaceworld 2000 demo, not from brawl.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 03:31 AM #5 of 1323
hope this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it's late and i don't want to read back through 40 pages of this (3 or 4 was enough).

it would be cool for them to expand the 1-player mode a bit - maybe a mini-game based on the character's identity. for example, if you played the "story mode" as link, you'd save zelda from ganon, if you played as ganon, you'd find the triforce or battle link or something (it would be cool for evil to win in those situations). i don't know how well that mode would work, but i'd guess they'd at least have the space on the disc to do this (4.9ish GB compared to gamecube's 1.5).

relating to recent posts, sonic would be awesome, and ridley could be resized (though i do see what MTGNecro means by bowser being close to his original size, i don't think that was the intent of the developer. for example, bowser is HUGE in mario sunshine compared to mario, and in mario 64 he is more than 2 times his size at least).

the things that are bad about ridley being in the game would be ability to run and attacks, but they added tons of that stuff to other characters, so there's no reason that can't work. and if you complain that they gave ridley attacks he didn't originally have, look at most of the other characters.. since when could you punch people in metroid games?

I was speaking idiomatically.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:55 AM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
well in the case of mega man bosses that appear HUGE and detailed, ever notice how the background is always a solid black? this is because the boss IS the background with a couple of sprites for hitboxes and moving parts.

however, punchout was a good example of actually transcending hardware limitations by adding in a chip

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:45 AM #7 of 1323
square characters that would make sense in SSBB:

chocobo, robo, fighter, anyone who doesn't really use magic and is somewhat well-known

FELIPE NO
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 04:36 AM #8 of 1323
i hope this comes out soon!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl