Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:20 PM #1 of 1323
Thank god it's not using the Wiimote. I could NOT see how that thing could control with it, and luckily, neither could they. Full compatibility with the GC controller. EXCELLENT!!

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:37 PM #2 of 1323
I could see the tranq gun being sweet. It could knock the opponent out for 2 seconds or something.

This is the best news all week. Nintendo wins the show, hands down. Fuck all naysayers!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:43 PM #3 of 1323
I almost weeped when I watched that trailer, that's how good it is.

Good lord I can't wait for this game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:52 PM #4 of 1323
WHAT!!!!!

COME ON NOW!

Nintendo keeps outdoing itself!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 11:53 PM #5 of 1323
Maybe they'll throw some new Wii people in there, like the huge robot from HAMMER or the guy from Day of Crisis.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:46 AM #6 of 1323
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/ma...stream-18.html

I just made a post in the conference discussion thread that points to what is hopefully a true leak of the price at $249. Check it out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:28 AM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by Technophile
I also like how at the very beggining, Mario, Link, and even Pikachu looked better when they transformed while Kirby just stayed the same.
Yeah that was a fun touch. Link looks WORLDS better.

Also, god damn that shot of Samus blasting the shit out of everybody is AMAZING! The visuals in this game really are fantastic for something considerably less powerful than the competition. Looks like that item that everyone grabs is a super move item. Can't wait to see what other attacks characters can unleash!

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:01 PM #8 of 1323
My List o' Characters and Items

Characters:

Megaman X/Zero - This team could be a Zelda/Sheik combination, using Down+B to switch. MMX could be sort of a Kirby spinoff. He has is own attacks, but then like Kirby, he can assimilate other people's attacks. I would prefer X in the game because he has a bigger and better range of moves than the original MM does. Zero could be a Link/Zero Suit Samus spin off but with different attacks, like MMX.

Simon/Richter Belmont -They are the two seminal Belmonts, so either one of them would be fine. B moves would be items that have appeared throughout the series (boomerang, holy water, knife)

Bub and Bob - A new duo to team up against the Ice Climbers. Lots of bubble-related moves can come from these guys

Sonic - Obvious choice

Knuckles - He's more of the fighting type than Tails. I could see him having a nice desperation move where he can float over and climb up the edge of a wall.

Stages/Music:

I'm choosing these based on the characters I want in the game.

MMX/Zero - Spark Mandrill Stage and music. Imagine if you keep bashing the level, the lights eventually go out for a little while? Awesome.

Simon/Richter - Clock Tower stage, Theme of Simon music from CV4.

Bub and Bob - Old school Bubble Bobble level with the same music. Only way people can get knocked out are through the top and bottom of the level!

Sonic - Emerald Hill Zone level and music

Knuckles - First level of Sonic + Knuckles. I never played through that one too much haha.

Items:

Excitebikes - A couple NES sprite Excitebikes rush the stage from left to right, knocking things around

Pong - A HUGE pair of paddles block the edges of the stage, knocking a giant square pixel back and forth for 10 seconds, destroying everything

Space Invaders - Space invaders hover above the level, descending and reversing direction throughout the course of the battle. They can be destroyed by characters. Any remaining ones that land will explode in a huge way

Tennis Racket - You get a tennis racket and you can volley balls throughout the level. At the end, you can keep it to hit foes with.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:28 PM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Speaking of duo characters, it would be awesome to see a Superstar Saga version of a Mario & Luigi duo, in the style of the Ice Climbers duo. They have a lot of moves already and the bizarre visual style would be a lot of fun too.
Good call. They would be EXCELLENT in combat.

I've always wanted to see Paper Mario make an appearance as well. He could do some cool paper-esque tricks, I'm sure.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:17 PM #10 of 1323
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
8 pages, and I can't believe no one has suggested the one character who would be PERFECT for this game. In fact, if I had the chance, I would probably vote for him above anyone else, if it increases his odds of appearing.

Spoiler:
That's true... Only problem I see with him is that he's not much of a legend in the gaming world. Then again, neither is Meta Knight, so I suppose anything is possible.

They NEED to have Sonic in there though. Hell, how could I forget, throw Bonk in there as well! Mario, Sonic, and Bonk in battle together would be amazing. The battle for 16-bit supremacy!

With Sonic in there, they should have a big story mode involving him versus Mario and vice versa. That would be incredible fan service.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:43 PM #11 of 1323
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Sorry didn't bother to do that with 11 pages It's a less touched upon speculation though:

If SSB had Master Hand
and SSBM had Master Hand X2 in mission mode
would it be fun and possible to have Master Hand X3 somehow?
Fighting a Master Hand team would be totally murderous! Unless they decided that Master Hand was old, and decided to put something crazier in like Master Foot, or Master Head. Why not? Snake was totally left field to me, and so different appendages could be feasible since there's no permission needed there! (Unless for Master Head they would use Andross' face thingie from Starfox :S)
That reminds me of an idea I've always had for this game - Boss characters. Imagine fighting a giant Kraid? Or Andross? Or Ganon? METAL GEAR??

Possibilities are endless.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:00 PM #12 of 1323
Based solely on the trailer, my guess is that Zero Samus is something of a Zelda/Sheik character. You can swap between them at any time after choosing regular Samus via a special move.

I wouldn't mind having multiple characters like that. Waluigi/Wario would be a nice team, Megaman X and Zero, etc.

Last edited by Wall Feces; May 13, 2006 at 05:07 PM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:34 PM #13 of 1323
They didn't remove anyone from Melee so I don't see why they would remove any from Brawl.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:20 PM #14 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
I just realized this now, but a halberd stage probably means an arrangement of the halberd theme from Kirby Super Star (my favorite song in the Kirby series). They better release an OST this time around.
Oh... My... GOD.

I am picturing the arrangement in my head now and am seriously creaming. Good observation!

Quote:
Question though... Since they have the Zero Mission Samus...will they still include the other samus? And will the line up of the previous characters stay the same?
All we can do at this point is assume, but I think it's safe to assume that they will keep original Samus AND all the characters.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 09:16 PM #15 of 1323
Yes, hold on...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jb2jno

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Wall Feces; May 15, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:24 AM #16 of 1323
The other Halberd song is equally amazing (Kirby Arrives on the Scene). It's really a toss-up between both of them, because they are both prime choices.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sphex5

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:36 AM #17 of 1323
Originally Posted by scotty
They could always use both, there were alterenate songs for all the levels in melee
Thats true, and that would clearly be the best solution.

I wonder what the Pit's Kid Icarus level will be like? Only thing that comes to mind is an Ice Climbers esque level that keeps rising.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:24 AM #18 of 1323
That's a nice list, I just wish Simon Belmont was higher up.

Megaman for the win! Huzzah! Let's hope they put him in there!

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:58 PM #19 of 1323
By updated list, do you mean updated from the polls on the Japanese site?

The best on there are Hammer Bros, Megaman, Dedede, and Simon Belmont. Belmont would be just so cool in this game. TONS of potential for moves, and plus he's a badass. It's win win.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:10 AM #20 of 1323
Eh, I won't miss Ice Climbers or G&W too much. Ridley being in the game is fantastic news. I can't help but wonder what sort of stuff he'll be doing. Bowser Jr. is interesting... Somehow I don't think he'll simply be a faster bowser clone. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:50 PM #21 of 1323
To his defense, Baby Bowser was pretty good in Yoshi's Island. Nintendo is definitely using him way too much though, especially after giving him that new horrific voice. Bring back the original Koopa Kids like Morton and Ludwig Van Koopa. All of them were AWESOME.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:11 AM #22 of 1323
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
I also like the idea of Down+B to set C4. Up+B could be a Stun Grenade, but that could be easily abused.
Yeah, but Up+B needs to be a recovery move. Only thing I can think of is if on the ground, Up+B fires a Nikita missle horizontally, while in the air, it fires it straight down, while propelling him upwards.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl