Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:32 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 09:32 AM #1 of 1323
Originally Posted by scotty
true, but considering its story mode, then all the stages will have something to do with the characters game, they probally wont make it some generic boss for everyone. They will still have Master Hand in classic mode
I think you're right. In the video they showed both sides of hyrule. Which would mean that Link gets to go to the other side... I think. (And did anybody else see Kirby with Quina's Chef hat and Cookpot. Does this mean that someone from Final fantasy 9 will be in here?)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:49 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 09:49 AM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by Qwarky
I saw Kirby with a Chef's hat and a cauldron. I didn't seen any connection with Quina.
A Square character in the game is still extremely unlikely, not that I wouldn't love being proven wrong.
I was also looking at the symbol on the pot. I thought that was Quina's Symbol. I know I've seen it somewhere before....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:02 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:02 AM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by RushJet1
maybe you're reading way too much into a symbol of a fork and a spoon.

... Probably right. But I have that feeling. If they Put Snake In there... They have to put at least somebody from FF in there. I guess it Is unlikely though.
And I know I've seen that move before.... I haven't played ff9 in a while.... but didn't quina have a move where she put people in a pot? Coulda been a dream though.

Most amazing jew boots
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:27 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:27 AM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by GRUN-1
What.

How does that even begin to make sense?
Because.... Snake..... He's kinda out there. If you're going out that far might as well bring some fantasy with you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:40 AM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Wow, you guys are dumb. In Kirby Super Star Kirby could get the cook ability from eating Chef Kawasaki. In a similar fashion you'd get it from Cookin' in the ability's return eight years later in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. In both games you are rewarded by the one-time-only move by being able to suck all on-screen enemies into a hot cauldron, stir them around for a bit, and then turn them into food for Kirby to feast upon.

So no, of all Square-Enix characters you will not be seeing Quina in the game. Get real. =/
Ohhhhhhh. Ok. False Alarm. Everybody back to their seats.
(Thanks for clearing that up)

How ya doing, buddy?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:42 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 02:42 PM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by Qwarky
If a Square character does get put in, I'd say it'd likely be one of the Crystal Chronicles cast since those are easier to transfer and have appeared on the GC.
Crono would require a complete modeling in 3D and would make for a dull character anyway.

Either way, Square characters are not going to happen. Just forget it. Focus on Capcom and Konami.
Capcom like... Megaman? That's who I wanna see. He'll probably be too similar to Samus though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 10:43 PM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
: why not have a special move that switches you with another character, regardless of who they are? That way you could use your favorite 2 characters, and switch them up every once and a while to change your fighting style or just to break the monotony of playing a huge quest as one character.
Dead or alive anyone? Team combo attacks would be Excellent.
Mario holds jigglypuff while Link (In the air) repeadetly throws bombs down. Jigglypuff gets thrown in the air and then they do a super move.
Yup. I'm a genuis

FELIPE NO
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 06:08 PM #8 of 1323
Is there a such thing as a WWYL? In WW, Link was neither young or old. He was.... Link (If memory serves me correctly ((opposed to OoT)) So should it be just simply WW link?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 9, 2006 at 05:19 PM.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:52 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 06:52 PM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Man I can't wait for the next update on this. I wanna see if Little Mac and Dedede made it in.
I can't wait for Prince of Persia. But Like Most Dreams.... It won't come true.
The king will probably mae a cameo appearance though.
(If they make any good Kirby Stages.... The others sucked)

How ya doing, buddy?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 11:12 PM #10 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
But his vioce is the same, his chivalric personality is the same, his allegiance with the princess is the same, he looks pretty much the same, with cel-shading takin into account, his quest around the triforce is usually at least vaguely simaler, his weapon choice is always centered around the usual (sword, bow, arrow, some grappling device). These cannot be completely different people. They are just put into completely different scenarios in each game. Fuck you dude, I never even mentioned favoring gameplay over graphics, you know I don't ride dirty like them graffix hogs.
I guess its all about a question of Reincarnation.
I don't quite understand it myself, And I love the Zelda Series. (Haven't played it in a real long time though). Since he's reincarnaed I would have to say that he had to die at one point (since that's the point of reincarnation) and the reincarnated version must be in a different time period than the original.
Wasn't the Link in Minish Cap a different Link also?

Well let me be the Topic changer since I started it.

I'm waiting to see how advanced The Smash Series will get.
Will it get to 3d? Fps? (lol)
I really wanna see Mario walking down the street with a gun and then all of a sudden Link pops outta no where while Kirby is Sniping people from a church window.... Dream I had.

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 12, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 11:23 PM #11 of 1323
Oh, I don't think I like that idea very much at all.

Zero Suit Samus. Hot or Not? =S
Hmmm..... I don't know. I haven't even played Metroid before, So I don't know her whole situation. Is she an alien? Some kinda female mutant.
But if She's from Earth... I would have to say Definately.
If not... I would have to think about it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 10:15 AM #12 of 1323
Originally Posted by Joe Wiewel
Hot. If this thread were in the Sewers, I wouldn't have any problem posting a hentai I found on 4chan of Zero Suit Samus masturbating with a Wii-mote. =O

Nope, she's not an alien; she's supposedly the last human to come from Earth after the space pirates wiped everybody out except her. Then the Chozo came to Earth and found her and made her into a warrior.

Besides, does it really matter whether she's an alien or not when it comes to how hot she is?
Well... If she was an alien I wouldn't know what Kinda foreign diseases she might have. And once a person finds that you have a disease... You start to look unattractive.
And you may never know what Disguises They will wear to fool you.
Originally Posted by immp
She was once a man!...Once....a...maaaaaaan....*drool gurgle*
Like that. Stuff like that make Aliens look unattractive to me.

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:35 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 08:35 PM #13 of 1323
Originally Posted by Free.User
I like how we were told not to stray off topic when we were talking about Link, and nobody's saying shit about it when we start talking about hot video game chicks.
Good point...
Everybody.... No more talking about Samus unless its urgently neccesary.
We need to stay on Topic.
Let's Talk about.... I dunno.... What else is there to talk about

Ok.. let's talk about this comment that Masahiro Sakurai made.
Originally Posted by Masahiro Sakurai
I'm sorry to say that I have to temporarily stop updating this website (Smashbros.com) as of June, 2006.

When Super Smash Bros. Brawl is completed sometime in 2007, I plan to post more information for you. For right now, though, I need to focus on the development of the actual game.
Of course, if anything newsworthy comes up, I may decide to post some special notices...

Meanwhile, though, I'll just do my best to complete the game.

Masahiro Sakurai
Elaborate....

How ya doing, buddy?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 10:05 PM #14 of 1323
Originally Posted by Free.User
..... As if updating an html page with a few lines of text is SO MUCH FUCKING WORK.
...Wow that's the same thing I said. Doesn't he have a staff? Is he the only one working on this game?

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 10:45 PM #15 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
I guess that means the "update" mentioned earlier about the Ice Climbers, WW Link etc. is indeed bullshit or he'd have posted it on his site. Cutting characters is certainly newsworthy!
Maybe he just doesn't trust staff to not give away every detail. Wouldn't it be hard to work on the game and not spill your beans? It's the single most interesting project out there these days!
I think you're rightabout the rumor.
Ridley would have been a stupid character anyway.
That's like... Playing with Ghoma.
Does anyone have his Email address...I've been looking for it. I can ask him myself.

FELIPE NO
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 03:51 PM #16 of 1323
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Don't forget Jigglypuff's up+B ability. That one can't even be used as a save.
Speaking of Crappy characters.... Jigglypuff's resignation should be the next improvement in SSBB. No one uses her (If it's a her) And she's a waste of space. She could be replaced by someone far much better. Like... Toad or...Banjo and Kazooie. Anybody would be much better than Jigglypuff.
And I'm also waiting for an Underwater level. (Reason Being was because someone said that Goldfish actually does something under water. I threw away countless pokeballs trying to get Goldfish to come out.... and when it did, It didn't do anything. So maybe If we have an underwater stage ((AND A MAGIKARP!!)) Goldfish would be useful.) Plus it would be pretty cool!!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 25, 2006 at 03:40 PM.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:22 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 12:22 PM #17 of 1323
That's not true. They have a Pokemon in the original games that has two sexes. However, most Pokemon don't have a sex as you've stated so you really wouldn't be wrong if you called one that doesn't have a specified sex a him or a her or a it.
Does anyone remember Missingo? I'd really like to know the story on this pokemon. Was it a real pokemon or a glitch?

Most amazing jew boots
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 05:22 PM #18 of 1323
Originally Posted by scotty
Missingno was a glitch in the game, it wasn't an actual pokemon.
It was a glitch. Did the creators meaan to put it there? I want to see it in SsBb

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 05:44 PM #19 of 1323
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
It was a glitch, as was Mew.

You needed to use a Game Genie to unlock him, for one thing, then you had to have a Water pokemon (I used Lapras), and a specific move (Surf, I think it was) so that you could move around in water. And then, you had to move up and down ONE specific column in one specific screen, and that was the ONLY time either Missingno or Mew appeared.

Oh, and it would also randomly glitch out to give you 99 of whatever was in your sixth item slot. 99 Master Balls ahoy~

Jesus FUCKING Christ. This discussion has brought out the inner Pokemon fanatic in me. You know, the one that was a fan of the show and also could name all 151 of them?

I hate you all. T_T
LOL, Was I the only one in Elementary School who could say the WHOLE Pokerap? I was admired and loved and when it came to Lunch time... I gave them a SHOW Baby! (All on the table) When I got to Middle School i got jumped.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 26, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 10:46 PM #20 of 1323
Final Fantasy plus Fighting equals another Ehrgeiz game. If Square were to make another Ehrgeiz game it should be TOTALLY different from the first.

Smash Bros NEEDS Some Guest appeararances. Snake was great and everything but I wanna see somebody TOTALLY Unexpected. Characters that have been forgotten and will bring tears to the eyes of our gaming Bretheren.

(Tick would be funny. ((Just saw Josh's avatar)))

Last edited by Rayne; Jul 6, 2006 at 09:49 PM.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 10:57 PM #21 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
I'm sure when the Tokyo Game Show comes around, we'll get loads of new information on new characters, items, stages and whatnot, and hopefully even a new trailer complete with gameplay video! :biggrin:
When is that 'cause right now I can't sleep.

I'm hoping for some super moves too. Recently I was looking at some SSBM videos and it looked really boring.
Then I saw some Marvel Vs. Capcom vids and i said... " That would look really cool on SSBB" Mario's special move could be... Throwing a rapid series of fireballs, And Link's could be..... Wait! Link WAS doing some kinda Freaky Omnislash move. Kirby DID have that Pot.

WILL THERE BE SPECIAL MOVES?!?!?!

How ya doing, buddy?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 10:58 AM #22 of 1323
Did they say that SSBB will be available on the Wii Controller? Cause if so, pulling off a series of input commands on the Gamecube controller would be nothing compared to what we might have to do on the Wii controller.
Jab+uppercut+thrust+swing+Trigger+Trigger+jab+trig ger+jab
GEEZ WE COULD ACTUALLY GET SOME EXERCISISE THIS YEAR!!!

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:43 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 09:43 PM #23 of 1323
What about Smash Fatalities?! LOL!! After you defeat someone, they could come back, but in a daze. Then a man with a deep voice could say... MERCY! And you have 5 seconds to put in a combination.

Mario... could summon a bottomless pipe.... or Grow SUPER big and step on them.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:57 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 01:57 PM #24 of 1323
Know what I noticed? I noticed that I haven't posted here in some months... So I came back to see what new stuff was happening with my favorite Fighter game...

BUT TO MY SUPRISE

You're still talking about the same shit from along time ago...
But ok

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Rayne; Dec 16, 2006 at 01:28 PM.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 02:32 PM 4 #25 of 1323
If they remake Ganondorf they will probably add a move that includes the sword.

And Kirby swallowing Megaman would be cool to see, he would probably get the mega-buster as weapon tho. I think they will take out Pichu, and Young Link, unless they are set as alternate versions of Pikachu and Link., it would be great if that happens, that way you have more space(screen, no memory) to add more characters and you keep all characters. BTW playing as the Ice Climbers is fun, maybe not awesome but fun, but they should also work in the AI of the second Ice climber (so it is a Very Hard AI, not a level 9 AI)
I don't think Ganondorf will be back. I think that was a one time thing. Maybe they'll add some other Zelda character. Probably from Twilight princess.

And since Pokemon is dying all over the world... I would really like to see pikachu die too. Eventually he's gonna have to leave SOME time.

The death of Pokemon will be a very sad occasion.

And, I agree why in the heck is Snake doing in this game? I understand he first started with Nintendo but what does he have to do with them? .
I don't see why Smash Bros should just be limited to Nintendo. Believe it or not... that's the next thing to Racism.

One day... boys and girls will see what it feels like to be able to play with ANY character they want on their favorite fighter game.

Face it...You have favorite characters with both Sony AND Nintendo. Just cause its a game on Nintendo doesn't mean it should limited to those characters affiliated with it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Rayne; Mar 4, 2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl