Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 05:54 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 03:54 PM #1 of 1323
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the sole reason I am going to buy the Wii

*is looking through the screenshots now*

I like these super attacks...awesome looking at least o.O

*watches trailer* I have not enjoyed a trailer so much since Armored Core: Last Raven...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I forgot my old sig...
MTGNecro

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 09:29 PM #2 of 1323
Ridley would indeed be awesome, although he would be much to big for a playable character. Maybe one of the later stages of Metroids from Metroid 2. Or a space pirate would be nice too. One of the ones from Zero Mission. Those guys were tough as shit...

But from Kirby, I would be set with Metaknight and Dedede. There really are not many other characters unless you watched the anime I suppose...

But you know what Brawl really needs? A ninja of some sort. I mean, ya, there is Shiek, but Shiek is not really a ninja...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I forgot my old sig...
MTGNecro

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 11:42 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Oh please, if Ridley was in the game, they'd just do what they did with Bowser; resize him to make him playable. That's all there is to it. And no, they're not making PLAIN ENEMIES into playable characters. Don't suggest stupid stuff like metroids, space pirates and goombas.
Despite popular belief, Bowser is actually closer to his original size in relation to Mario than he has been in a long time...

In this Mario is roughly half as tall as Bowser...

...and in this Mario is roughly half as tall as Bowser...

...Some resizing huh?

So now lets see how big that would make Ridley. Could only find a decent Super Metroid screenshot, so that will have to do...

So Ridley is easily twice as big as Samus, if not more...so that would make Ridley much too large for any decent resizing.

Got it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I forgot my old sig...
MTGNecro

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 12:33 PM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
Plus, MTGNecro, if Mario was Super Mario in that shot he'd be just as tall as Bowser. But that doesn't mean it has anything less to do with sprite size limitations.
It just seemed like a few people were basing size on original sprites so I wanted to just point it out. But true, if he was super Mario, he would be roughly as tall as Bowser, hair and all.

Originally Posted by 28Link
Hmmmm, I'm not too sure, but I think Ridley from the original Metroid was a lot smaller than its later versions. But then again, Kraid was also a lot smaller in the original, but pretty much stayed huge in the later versions. I do think they changed Zero Mission's Kraid and Ridley to the Super Metroid versions.
Another thought just occured to me. If anything they would probabley use a slightly smaller version of Ridley that is shown in the SSB:M intro. Can't believe I forgot about that. But I feel that if they made Ridley into the game, alot of the more casual gamers(namely those not on GFF) would say,"Wait a minute....I thought Ridley was bigger/smaller than this."

And yes. I remember Ridley being smaller too, but still a bunch larger than Samus was. Couldn't find a decent screenshot bigger than 50x50 though :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I forgot my old sig...
MTGNecro

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 05:43 PM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Speaking of Megaman is it too implausible to consider him or X a character in this? Can we consider the possibility of Capcom jumping into the fray? I don't think we should rule it out yet, because Megaman and X both made their debut on Nintendo consoles.
Very True, but I would still greatly doubt it. They would have included him in a previous game if they could. Although some RE characters would be awesome

I was speaking idiomatically.
I forgot my old sig...
MTGNecro

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 03:19 PM #6 of 1323
I dunno, that just seems a bit too powerful to me. I mean, what is to stop you from just laying a bunch of mines everywhere?

I think what needs to be done is you need to remove the remote detonation, and there needs to be a limit to the number of mines you can lay...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I forgot my old sig...
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl