Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:43 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:43 PM #1 of 1323
I've creamed myself. Multiple times.

And had several heart attacks, too.

God FUCKING DAMN.

Nintendo is going to fucking kill me with sheer awesomeness soon.

All they need right now is to give out a price point and I am in heaven.

LITERALLY.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:49 PM #2 of 1323
Looking back on the trailer, am I the only one that notices Mario getting his ass whupped constantly?

First Mario grabs his thing and unleashes WTFPWN fireballs, then Link goes all "O U DI'INT" and slashes the crap out of him, and then Kirby fucking COOKS him, and then METAKNIGHT slashes the crap out of him.

Poor guy's getting ABUSED. ;_;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:26 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 07:26 AM #3 of 1323
I'm... a little less excited about this now.

One of the main reasons that SSBM never got much playtime on my cube was because I could never get somebody good to play with. That limited me to basically level 9 opponents, and those got boring quick. =\

With online, I want to be able to go into a match, join up, and be able to just get my ass kicked. The problem is that with friends codes, I won't be able to do it, because guess what? I HAVE NO FRIENDS WHO PLAY NINTENDO GAMES. Sure, I can trade codes online, but that's such a tedious process that it's almost not worth it. =\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 07:09 PM #4 of 1323
Care to link to the song for those who are unlucky enough to not have the OST on hand? ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:53 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 09:53 PM #5 of 1323
Here's an idea: Instead of having him cycle, he could only have one move, his recovery. The B, Down+B, and Smash+B would correspond with the three masks.

In his forms, he would have two moves, the one you used to switch him to a specific form, and his recovery. Each would have unique A attacks.

I like it. =D

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 09:30 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 07:30 PM #6 of 1323
About Ditto:

What I think would be really awesome is if, when he gets hit, he becomes that character with a different moveset. He'd have his own movelist, granted, but he'd copy the movelist of the last character he was hit by, minus one (like the down+b) to revert to himself. I think that'd actually be pretty cool. <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:36 PM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
I don't think that they'll get rid of such a popular character. MANY people use Sheik exclusively. There are plenty of other characters they can drop/remake.
One such character being the original Zelda, whose attacks were rip-offs of Link's magic attacks from OoT.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked Zelda into the TP version, made Sheik and her seperate, and gave them different movesets.

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 12:59 AM #8 of 1323
Y'know, I actually got thinking about the WW version of Link, and how he could be different. I've already heard the Deku Leaf mentioned, and I think it would be an awesome distance attack that had long start up, low damage, high speed, and good knockback. I've also heard the Wind Waker itself mentioned, and I can see potential for that, too (warp ballad as an attack, anyone?). Honestly, I would love it if they included some of the things from WW into this Link. I can easily see him becoming more unique than the TP version of Link, and some of these ideas I have are just sex. =D

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:12 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 09:12 AM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
Isn't the Screw attack much weaker in item form and the homerun bat much stronger in item form? I mean, I guess if you had a damage difference and availability, it wouldn't render them completely useless. But a mine? It'd have to be about as strong as Link's Bomb.
I.... would debate you a little bit on the strength of the Homerun Bat compared to Ness' attack. Speed + Reflective ability > guaranteed KO, in my mind. Especially when that guaranteed KO comes at the price of being practically unable to hit anybody. =\

I REALLY hope they change that mechanic. I would like it personally if they only made it a guaranteed KO if you charged a smash fully. Then it might actually become useful. =D

Quote:
The button combinations don't have to make sense. As long as it can get him vertical distance, it doesn't matter. Just like how you can make Fox's UP+B go down as an attack.
Don't forget Jigglypuff's up+B ability. That one can't even be used as a save.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 02:27 PM #10 of 1323
Originally Posted by Rayne
It was a glitch. Did the creators meaan to put it there? I want to see it in SsBb
It was a glitch, as was Mew.

You needed to use a Game Genie to unlock him, for one thing, then you had to have a Water pokemon (I used Lapras), and a specific move (Surf, I think it was) so that you could move around in water. And then, you had to move up and down ONE specific column in one specific screen, and that was the ONLY time either Missingno or Mew appeared.

Oh, and it would also randomly glitch out to give you 99 of whatever was in your sixth item slot. 99 Master Balls ahoy~

Jesus FUCKING Christ. This discussion has brought out the inner Pokemon fanatic in me. You know, the one that was a fan of the show and also could name all 151 of them?

I hate you all. T_T

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 10:35 PM #11 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Another theory I have is that they all require actual button inputs, not just simple stuff like Up+B or Down+B, but instead (direction)+B+A or L+R+B+(direction).
No, please no. It's hard enough to play normal, slower paced fighters as it is with a Gamecube controller. I really, REALLY don't want to see something like this with something as fast as Super Smash Brothers.

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:42 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 09:42 PM #12 of 1323
That's the worst idea ever. The B moves are used to attack as well as transform? How the hell are you supposed to do anything? The game can't tell the difference between when you want to do one and not the other.

Your idea is too convoluted and poorly planned to be either practical or useful, especially in a game like Smash Brothers. I'd much rather see just X or Zero and keep their moveset limited to the easy SSB standards, please.
Then how about the ZX characters have only the up-B attack as a save, and the B, smash-B, and down-B attacks change their forms, giving them a different A moveset and up-B attack?

In other words, Zelda/Sheik taken to an extreme.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:06 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 06:06 PM #13 of 1323
So.... basically you're using "a player can suck using this character" as an excuse for why it wouldn't be a good idea.

Oh, and not every character has to be the best character in the game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:41 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 08:41 PM #14 of 1323
Sheik only has 3 moves, and of those one of them is utterly worthless.

Despite this, he's still one of the best characters in the game.

Your point?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:30 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 03:30 PM #15 of 1323
He has more of a right to be there than NO NAME LOSERS LIKE PIT AND NESS.
GTFO. >=(

Seriously though, remember that this game is made for japanese audiences first and foremost, and Earthbound was a BIG hit over there. Ness being in is the most natural thing you can imagine, considering that.

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:21 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 09:21 AM #16 of 1323
Oh yeah, Earthbound was a huge hit, I mean that's why they were all lining up and going crazy over Mother 3 right?
Considering that a GBA game topped the charts the week it was released when the DS Lite has been out for ages, I'd say that it did pretty good for itself.

Quote:
They used to be easily identifiable in Smash bros speculation thread "Wot character shuld they inlcue I thik Kid Icarus!" as if they actually wanted the Kid Icarus NES cartridge, jumping around the stages as a playable character. In fact, Nintendo should've done THAT just out of spite. Then they'd be all "der uh, that's not what I, uh, meant" FUCK OFF!
Lord knows I would seriously lol at that. Could you imagine the moves that thing would have?

And its super could be a gigantic NES coming down and squishing everybody.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:19 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 08:19 PM #17 of 1323
What's his super? =o

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl