Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:44 PM #1 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
Wow.....that was a lot to read....but nevertheless, While I like seeing these new characters in the game, I'd still have to think about their movesets....Snake's Recovery/Triple Jump move (Up + B) immediately comes to mind, and I can't imagine any of his "B" moves....Ah, but no worries, I'm confident that Nintendo will surprise me as they've done in multiple occasions in the span of 30 minutes when I read this thread.
How about him shooting a rocket/missile behind or below him, and propelling him in the opposite direction. Probably not going to happen, since it wouldn't be too effective an attack, but an idea nonetheless.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 03:46 PM #2 of 1323
I wonder if this is going to be one of the suitless Samus designs that will be here to stay, much like how the widely accepted version of Link is the OoT one, or the new TP one which is basically based on the OoT version. This version of Samus first appeared in Zero Mission, then the design appeared again in Prime 2, and now in SSBB. Prior to Zero Mission, she seemed to look different every time, even in Fusion and Prime.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by 28Link; May 21, 2006 at 11:51 PM.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:24 AM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
But Ganondorf still had moves from the game he could have used. Whereas Zero Suit Samus gets an entirely new weapon (whip sword laser thing) to make up for the fact that there were no moves to begin with. Had the programmers not been lazy they could have given him a move set reflecting the abilities used in Ocarina of Time. They cannot do this with ZS Samus since there's nothing to base her move set off of. I never played Earthbound but I assumed that all of the abilities were based on the ones he uses in the game.

I think Pikachu is dumb, but he’s still valid. I think it’s annoying that they did it with Ganondorf, Zelda, Fox, et. al. Perhaps move set wasn’t the right word, what I should have said was “entire method of attacking”.
I think they based Zero Suit Samus on the last segment of Mission Zero, where she had her laser pistol. What she had in the trailer was actually a modified version of the gun, so I think they're at least going to use that as part of her movelist, kinda like saying that she had the laser whip, but never used it, which is kinda like suited Samus not using melee attacks in the Metroid games.

Also, regarding Zelda, her special attacks are based on Link's magic spells in OoT, so it's not an entirely new set of moves for her.

While I do hope that they give original moves to the clones like Ganondorf and Dr. Mario, I think they will keep them as is, or at least one version of them with that move set, because there are a lot of players out there that actually prefer the clone versions.

Oh well, I guess it's just that making new moves for them doesn't bother me much, I just like the games because they're fun.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:28 AM #4 of 1323
If that is indeed a list of top voted characters, I'm surprised Sonic isn't on there somewhere, since practically every time anyone asked for SSB characters, someone is bound to suggest him.

Most amazing jew boots
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:29 PM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Why Ridley? Why do people demand for this boss character to be in it so much? I'd rather see King DeDeDe. Hell, I'd rather have Raiden in it instead of Ridley, but that's not going to happen. And who's the weirdo that wanted Volgin?! Lol!

Dropping the shield command I can see happening, but dropping the jump command?!
I think that means replacing one of each button, since there's currently 2 shield buttons (L and R) and 2 jump buttons (X and Y) in Melee. I'm not sure that's such a good idea though, since Nintendo did emphasize on SSB series's accessibility. Doubling each character's moveset might prove to be a lot more complex. I can see one button (perferably X) becoming the "super" attack though, instead of how the trailer makes it seem like the super will be unleashed the moment the super icon is grabbed.

Most amazing jew boots
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 11:04 PM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by RushJet1
i've always hated the fact that UP on the control stick makes you jump - i've wasted many a double jump doing that ...
Heh, and I hated how the Z button randomly becomes a shield button when I want to grab. I'm not sure if there's a specific timing or something that decides on whether I grab or not, but dammit it was annoying.

Most amazing jew boots
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:12 AM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Could that be a Metal Gear Solid level he's fighting Link in? Sure looks like it.
I think so too. Hopefully it's just a beta version though, the texturing on the background objects look really blurry, especially when the castle in the next shot looks so good.

FELIPE NO
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:40 AM #8 of 1323
I think he means like X+Y+L+R+Z together, something most people don't normally do, I guess. But I really think, unless they make supers activate the moment the character touches the icon, they should assign X (or Y, but I usually use Y to jump) as the supers button. It will function like the A and B attack buttons, allowing for different supers depending on the directional input.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:55 AM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
I could see that sweet UFO power being used as a limited attack. Fox could have some massive arwing skills, Link with his aforementioned and aptly coined 'omnislash' and such things like that. I dunno, it's a cool concept, but it has potential to fail miserably. As long as there is an option to turn these mega attacks off, I'm fine with the idea that these are being considered for SSBB
Well, seeing as the supers will require the icon before theybecome available, it should be as simple as turning off the Supers icon in the items menu, which should be returning in tis sequel.

How ya doing, buddy?
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:57 PM #10 of 1323
Originally Posted by Dubble
I honestly can't see how they would pull that off. Though technically all of Melee's arenas were pretty much 2D based so...I suppose they could do that if they wanted to be creative. I just cant imagine what that would look like or how that would play...

Well, Mr. Game and Watch worked. The problem would be that the pixel versions will most probably play a bit differently. But to me, that doesn't seem so bad, as long as they don't take up an extra character slot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:27 AM #11 of 1323
Originally Posted by MTGNecro

So Ridley is easily twice as big as Samus, if not more...so that would make Ridley much too large for any decent resizing.
Hmmmm, I'm not too sure, but I think Ridley from the original Metroid was a lot smaller than its later versions. But then again, Kraid was also a lot smaller in the original, but pretty much stayed huge in the later versions. I do think they changed Zero Mission's Kraid and Ridley to the Super Metroid versions.

How ya doing, buddy?
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 06:13 PM #12 of 1323
I dunno, the trailer didn't do much for me. Aside from Kid Icarus, most of the trailer seemed pretty bland, and it felt a bit too much like Melee. Hopefully I'm wrong though, since I do have high hopes for this game.

As a side note, Snake seems interesting,and Samus seems to play a bit like Sheik. Oh, and I noticed they used the DS version of Fox for the game. Although he did look pretty crappy on the DS, the SSBB team managed to make him look decent, although I would still have preferred one of his previous forms.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:12 AM #13 of 1323
Originally Posted by Big J
Actually his 4 year old evil clone Blood Falcon would be a perfect character as well...

Except he was practically one of Falcon's alternate costumes, minus the facial features (aka evil grin and all).

I was speaking idiomatically.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:55 AM #14 of 1323
Yeah, but that Megaman is long dead as I stated before... I think they'd put in a more recent incarnation of him than the classic one.
Well, it really depends I think, since they don't always stick with the "most recent" versions of the characters. I mean, sure, the Nintendo characters get that treatment (Link, Fox, and mabye Samus with her Zero Mission armor/armorless outfits). However, Snake, the only non-Nintendo character released so far, isn't using his latest version. This version came from MGS2 at the latest, since MGS3 and MGS4 uses different outfits. This shows that they don't have to use X if MM were to be chosen to be in this game. Although, it would be nice to have both in the form of alternate outfits.

As for his attacks, I think most of his A moves can be pulled out of MvC, since that's also a Capcom property with the movelist of a Capcom character. His B attacks can be mostly boss abilities, and in that sense, he would have more than enough moves for the creators to draw from.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl