Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Nick
Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Member 2268

Level 4.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:09 PM #1 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Slight update.

Sakurai has confirmed that the Wiimote won't be used during normal play.

Well, whatever. How on earth would you use that to play Smash Bros. anyways? Flick your wrist to make your character jump? That's stupid. I can't picture any way to play it with the Wiimote that wouldn't be utterly gimmicky.

I'm guessing they're only going to use it for making menu choices and possibly turning the knob on the trophy machine.
No, he confirmed that the motion sensing feature of the remote won't be used in normal play, he was responding to whether Smash Bros would take advantage of the special functionality of the Wii remote. A lot of people seemed to think that you're required to use the GCN controller (Not saying you were one of them) when that IGN interview came out, but Sakurai never said this. Hell, it was the use of the GC controller that he was hinting at in the first IGN interview.

But yeah, I agree that lack of motion sensing isn't an issue here - I do think that Smash Bros could work on the Wii controller, though. It wouldn't be very comfortable I imagine, but it'd work.

Most amazing jew boots
Killing is a dangerous job, after all. I have to make it pay.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl