Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:44 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:44 AM #1 of 1323
I love that Wario's in there, and I'm loving the super attacks that each character now has, but surely they could've come up with something better for Wario than a nuclear fart.

I'd prefer a belch...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 11, 2006 at 03:48 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:04 AM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Eh, he's Wario; it's expected. I loved how his ass became a plasma cannon before it finally went off though.
Seriously, of all things, a fart? I thought Nintendo liked keeping things generally clean and PC, and this hurts that a bit... I mean, he never farted in WarioWare, or in any of his games prior to that.

Then again, Snake's in it, and given the hardcore seriousness of his games, I don't think they care about timelessness anymore. Hopefully we'll advantage from this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:20 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:20 AM #3 of 1323
Screw Square and Castlevania. Let's think about other Konami franchises. Vic Viper... Goemon, Pyramid Head or Heather... Twinbee... someone from Contra?

I think there are some Nintendo characters that are still getting the shaft. How about Little Mac, Captain Olimar and Mach Rider?

Ooh, and if Sega's joining in, how about some characters outside of the Sonic universe? Maybe Aiai, Ulala... Beat... Dynamite Headdy... one of the Daytona cars...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 11, 2006 at 05:24 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:17 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:17 AM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by chato
Maybe we might get RE characters as well...
Don't be ridiculous. We don't even know if Capcom is supporting them on this game... yet.

Holy christ, that would be ridiculous, if all the companies we just speculated got in. Konami, and Capcom, and Sega? Fathom that for a moment. Think of all the possible 4-character fight combinations that could ensue from such an enormous roster...

Donkey Kong, Sonic, Megaman, Goemon.

NiGHTS, Samus, Ryu, Snake.

Viewtiful Joe, Jill Valentine, Morrigan... Jesus McShit. Capcom alone could expand the roster 1000 fold. This is truly maddening...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 11, 2006 at 06:31 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:48 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:48 AM #5 of 1323
SHOW-TIME DESU.

This has me feeling mighty fine...

But still, the fart. It saddens me

I was speaking idiomatically.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:09 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:09 AM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
<3~ He's ALL ABOUT crude humour, expect him to flick snotballs or something as a move. Mystery!
No he isn't. Have you EVER played a Warioland game? He has tons of attacks that aren't crude. It's only in WarioWare that he became this way, and even then it was only snot. Nothing else.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:23 AM #7 of 1323
I do not approve >:

FELIPE NO
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:35 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:35 PM #8 of 1323
Sigh. The biggest problem I have with fan speculation for SSB is that they always come up with the most absolutely retarded and preposterous suggestions for characters one could possibly think of.

"HURR HEY YOU KNOW WHO'D BE COOL IN THE NEXT SMASH BROTHERS? GOKU, HE WOULD KICK EVERYONE'S ASSES, THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME. NINTENDO NEEDS TO PUT IN BANJO-KAZOOIE AND STEWIE GRIFFIN TOO, THAT WOULD BE COOL, ALSO THEY SHOULD PUT IN THAT GIRL FROM DRILL DOZER AND (obscure enemy from random video game) AND DARTH VADER SHOULD BE IN IT, OOH AND ROBERT DOWNEY JR. COULD ALSO BE IN THE GAME AND HE LIKE ATTACKS WITH HEROIN NEEDLES LOL. OH AND ALSO SEPHIROTH"

Oh, my head... stop being stupid and make realistic suggestions, for christ's sake.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 11, 2006 at 07:43 PM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:20 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 03:20 AM #9 of 1323
Good christ. If all the plausible suggestions go through, the roster is going to be so huge that it may not even fit on a single screen...

Oh god, I forgot! Namco is in on it too! So that's Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami and Namco...

...Man, I'm seriously considering not getting this game now because my head may explode from the sheer mirthfulness. This will be the ULTIMATE fanservice game. I'm cowering in fear, this game will be an omnipotent behemoth that will lay waste to mankind with nothing but the sheer awesome coursing through its body. It won't even have to move a finger to kick all our asses.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 12, 2006 at 04:31 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:52 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 03:52 AM #10 of 1323
At this point I'm willing to believe that at least one Sega character is in the game indefinitely. I mean, if they're actually willing to take suggestions from fans...

Everyone knows that tons of people are going to suggest Sonic. It's a sure thing.

I'm just seriously hoping for Little Mac...

How ya doing, buddy?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:56 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 03:56 AM #11 of 1323
LITTLE MAC LITTLE MAC LITTLE MAC!!!!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:07 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 04:07 AM #12 of 1323
...Heavy Lobster should appear in the Halberd stage, preferably as a destructible hazard. I'm certain he will appear in it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 12, 2006 at 05:09 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 02:17 PM #13 of 1323
Why Waluigi? He wasn't even made by the same guy who made Wario. He's just a useless filler character and I'd hate to see him in this game, especially in lieu of a character that would be so much better. He hasn't even been in ANY of Wario's games... he's a joke.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:06 PM #14 of 1323
You want lyrics? Here's some lyrics.

NAAAAAAAA NANANANANA NA NA KATAMARI DAMA--*horrendous car crash*

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 01:29 PM #15 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Why does he have a cape that turns into wings? Why does he have arms and hands?
How's this for a theory?... he's a dark knight.

Originally Posted by Free.User
Answer: The other samus will be included, but only if you buy the special edition game. The line up of the previous characters will be the same save the following: Bowser has been scrapped, DK is now Diddy Kong, Goomba is now a playable character, and 128 more Pokemon have been added. These are all facts. I know because I made the game. I repeat, this is factual information.
You're kidding. Who makes unbelievably stupid decisions like that? "HURR I THINK I'LL MAKE A MINOR ENEMY CHARACTER PLAYABLE. GOOMBA IS IN! AND ALSO I THINK I'LL SCRAP THE MASCOT FOR A FRANCHISE AND ONLY PUT HIS SIDEKICK IN INSTEAD. AND NOW YOU CAN PLAY AS 128 POKEMON, AS IN, YOU PLAY AS ALL OF THEM ALL AT ONCE. IN FACT I THINK I'LL MAKE ASININE SUCH AS THIS CONCEPTS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS PLAYABLE? LOVE. AND NO TOMATOES. NO TOMATOES IS ALSO PLAYABLE."

I'm aware that this is a joke but I still find it infuriating.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 16, 2006 at 02:33 PM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:09 PM #16 of 1323
How come we haven't started talking about stages yet? Let's talk stages, and don't forget that they need hazards among other things to make them unique.

I actually had a dream about this game; Sonic was in it, and he had two stages. One of them was a floating island with both the Death Egg in the background, and it was playing a remade version of the music from Launch Base Zone in Sonic 3. Of course, this isn't possible since the music in Smash Bros. is entirely orchestrated but maybe they'll surprise us there, too.

The stage didn't have hazards though. I assume the Death Egg just fires bombs that slam into the side of the island you're standing on, which causes an effect similar to when Kraid strikes the island in Brinstar Depths. They also sometimes misfire and actually hit the characters.

Better yet, the stage could be the Death Egg itself.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 18, 2006 at 12:21 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:13 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 01:13 AM #17 of 1323
Originally Posted by Nintendo 4 life
the game looks to be the best in the series
good list so far but needs pac-man and pac-man in my opinion will be in the game. i say this because of nintendo v namco mario kart.
dont rule out Cloud
shame its not a launch title though

has any1 got any ideas on the move system
You are an idiot, read the goddamn articles about the game and what we said earlier on in this thread (we've already spoken about this and have completely ruled out Cloud). Also, never post again. That would be wonderful.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 18, 2006 at 02:19 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:09 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 02:09 AM #18 of 1323
How about the forums? He's going to post like this everywhere, I just know it.

Also, I just thought of something. If Konami is contributing characters, you know who should really be in the game? SPARKSTER. The potential for attacks this little possum dude has is just ridiculous.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 19, 2006 at 03:28 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 05:55 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 04:55 AM #19 of 1323
Hey, while you're going off on that tangent, why don't we put in put in Goombella, one of the cars from Stunt Race FX and Mother Brain (in the jar and everything!)?

Suggesting stupid characters is fun to a certain extent, as long as you aren't serious (you'd be surprised, some people actually are).

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 19, 2006 at 05:57 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 07:36 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 06:36 PM #20 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
Well then, if nothing else it would be funny.
I do agree though. It would be very difficult to translate his speed to SSB. The fastest character currently is Falco, and we don't need to make THAT any faster. Also, he would be a lemming most of the time, constantly killing himself trying to speed and bash.
Hmm. We'll see.
I think he only runs fast when you dash, otherwise when he's walking he only moves slightly faster than most characters. Also, as for his moves, the super peel-out will definitely be in there, but as for his other moves... well, they'll just make stuff up to suit the game. How do you think they came up with moves for the other characters? Spinning Kong, Super Jump Punch, Fire Fox? Obviously they'll make some up for him in the same way...

Originally Posted by Free.User
How about the FUCKING MOON!

lol@Infernal Monkey
Uh... doesn't it already appear in SSBM's Termina stage?

Originally Posted by shadowlink56
It's also been hypothesized that there will be team attacks, and when thinking about the amount of combinations with all of the old and now new characters, that's a shit-ton of moves to devise and create!
Anybody up on their counting principles? Permutations and combinations? Anyone?

:biggrin:
Hell no, I'd hate this. This isn't that lame Teen Titans crap. It should remain as every man for himself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 07:52 PM #21 of 1323
Well, I suppose that could work if you made it into a silly happy face drawing... and made it only as big as Giga Bowser.

Still I don't like the idea of playing as a celestial body.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; May 27, 2006 at 08:57 PM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 11:14 PM #22 of 1323
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
I've determined that this should be Ditto. Think about. A bouncing blob that, when he touches an opponent, he becomes a duplicate of that character. By my logic, he could be able to do this multiple times in one fight (I mean without dying first). Think of the four-player magic!
There's already something in the game that allows you to be other characters. It's called a CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN, maybe you've heard of it?

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:58 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 01:58 AM #23 of 1323
If Sega characters are going to be included in this... to tell the truth, I'd kinda like to see Vectorman. It might be too obscure but I always saw him as such a badass, and his games were even included in Sonic Gems Collection. A guy who solves all his problems by rapidly firing bolts from his hands and bumping it to techno afterwards is pretty cool. How it would work is, the bolts are like Fox's blaster in that they can be fired rapidly but do negligible damage. His other B moves would be stuff he normally gets from powerups, like up+B would make him release his Vectorcopter, and down+B would turn him into a drill. He can boost jump too, hell, even in his games stuff got damaged when you boost jumped into it... His super attack could be, like, that overkill beam powerup that unleashes an insanely powerful blast in all directions.

Also, how about a Jet Grind Radio/JSRF character? It doesn't matter which one because I think they all would have the exact same move set. Up+B would make them shoot themselves upwards with spray cans, and I think they'd flip upside down and deliver a spinning upwards kick while doing so. Down+B or Forward+B would make them boost forward, like the Falcon Kick. I'm not sure how they'd use their spray cans but they'd definitely be used somehow.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 1, 2006 at 03:16 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 10:18 PM #24 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Oh man, as much as I'd like to see Vectorman in this game, it ain't going to happen. He never originally appeared on any Nintendo console (aside from being in that Sonic Gems collection or whatever the hell it's called). Also, as far as seeing any of the characters from JGR/JSRF, don't hold your breathe. Again, they didn't originally appear on any Nintendo consoles (I am aware of that crappy GBA port of Jet Grind Radio).

The only way I'd see any third-party characters appear in SSBB is if they made their first appearance on a Nintendo console. Or if the developer of that third-party game asks the developers of SSBB to add their character in their game, which was what Kojima did IIRC.
But... Both of Vectorman's games were in that collection, and it was on Gamecube; and crappy though it may be, JGR did get on the GBA, so, they DID appear on Nintendo consoles, and as stated by Sakurai himself, they'd be likely candidates because of it. They don't have to "make their first appearance" on a Nintendo console, that's total bullshit. Snake didn't make his first appearance on one. No one wrote the rule that they have to make their very first appearance on a Nintendo console. That's just something you made up.

It's pretty moot right now anyways, because the only non-nintendo character we know is in the game is Snake. However, this is symbolic of them opening the doors to all kinds of possible contributions from other companies; if they let in ONE non-nintendo character, surely other non-nintendo characters will follow, right? Doubtlessly tons of people are going to recommend Sonic to them, and I doubt very much they'd put a feature on their site where the public can suggest characters if they weren't going to listen to them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 1, 2006 at 11:20 PM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 11:09 PM #25 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
It wasn't something I made up. i could have sworn someone here said that the developers asking for third party characters want characters who have appeared on Nintendo consoles.
Yeah, but you said they don't have a chance unless their FIRST appearance was on a Nintendo console.

Originally Posted by J-Man
"Wario Waft"
What a delightfully inoffensive name! I think his Super Head Rush (In Warioland 4 you hold down L or R and run in either direction) would've made a better super attack, though. I was hoping he was more of a physical, brutish character than just a bizarre gag one.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 2, 2006 at 12:14 AM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl