Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:33 PM #1 of 1323
Wow. I'm impressed. Now this is the reason to buy the Wii. Holy crap! Freaking Solid Snake in this game! I'm guessing if there's gonna be one more MGS character in this game (obviously as a secret) it's either gonna be Gray Fox or Raiden. If they decide to have a female MGS character, I'm guessing The Boss or Meryl.

If there's two non-Nintendo characters I'd love to see make an appearance in this game, it would have to be Classic Megaman and Zero (Rockman Zero series version).

As for Nintendo characters, now that Wario's in the roster, Waluigi's probably going to be in it, no doubt about it. Ack, I can't really think of any other Nintendo characters that should appear at the moment...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Lizardcommando; May 10, 2006 at 11:50 PM.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:35 PM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707671p1.html

Keep an eye on this page. Its header says: E3 2006: Fans Asked to Fill Smash Bros. Roster.
I hope to hell there's going to an english version of this Fan Survey.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:47 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:47 AM #3 of 1323
I actually liked Falco. All he needs are completely different moves and some new threads and he'll be good to go.

As for my own suggestion:

How about being able to make your own custom characters? I'm suprised no one else has thought of this yet. Now that will definately make this game an even bigger success! Obviously, it will most likely not work for the Story Mode campaign, but in the multiplayer games, that would be pretty damn cool. It should be 100 times more expansive and deeper than the Soul Caliber 3 custom character creation dealie. ...Or would this not work?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:06 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:06 PM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by Rasputin
Am I the only person here who despises Crash and Jack+Daxter?
No. I also am not too fond of Ratchet and Clank either.

Most amazing jew boots
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:08 AM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Wow, you guys are dumb. In Kirby Super Star Kirby could get the cook ability from eating Chef Kawasaki. In a similar fashion you'd get it from Cookin' in the ability's return eight years later in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. In both games you are rewarded by the one-time-only move by being able to suck all on-screen enemies into a hot cauldron, stir them around for a bit, and then turn them into food for Kirby to feast upon.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1576/cookart7kn.jpg

So no, of all Square-Enix characters you will not be seeing Quina in the game. Get real. =/
Dammit, i was gonna say something about the Chef Kirby. Hehe, that looks kinda cute actually.

Speaking of kirby related items, would it be too much to ask if they also include the Super Megaphone thing from that game as well?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:26 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 10:26 PM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Yes, yes, YES. That was the same song I was thinking of, but I never knew the name. That HAS to be the theme for Meta Knight's stage. Anything else would be a horrible FAILiure.

Also, Meta Knight's end-theme should be the end-theme for that Halberd game.

Hell yes. That song's hella cool. It better be the song that gets used for his stage. In fact, pretty much all of the songs during the Revenge of Meta Knight's game from Kirby Super Star kick ass.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:57 PM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
His speedball could work like Yoshi's egg roll, he could punch and kick like everyone else, and maybe even change to hyper mode to do some more damage. It could work. At least I can imagine it more than Snake.
I can see this working for Sonic. Normal attacks being a Punch - Punch - Kick type combo, his Up + B attack could be his homing charge attack, his Down + B could be his Super Sonic transformation that could last for a certain amount of time. Not too sure what his other attacks could be...

FELIPE NO
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 05:56 PM #8 of 1323
Ehh, to me, if Ditto was to be included in this game, it would most likely function like one of those characters that would mimic a random characters' move, something like Charade from Soul Caliber 2. Except with Ditto, it would have the same model as that character, except he'd still have that Ditto face.

Meh, seems pretty useless to have Ditto.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 05:46 PM #9 of 1323
Why Ridley? Why do people demand for this boss character to be in it so much? I'd rather see King DeDeDe. Hell, I'd rather have Raiden in it instead of Ridley, but that's not going to happen. And who's the weirdo that wanted Volgin?! Lol!

Dropping the shield command I can see happening, but dropping the jump command?!

How ya doing, buddy?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 12:23 PM #10 of 1323
Oh man, as much as I'd like to see Vectorman in this game, it ain't going to happen. He never originally appeared on any Nintendo console (aside from being in that Sonic Gems collection or whatever the hell it's called). Also, as far as seeing any of the characters from JGR/JSRF, don't hold your breathe. Again, they didn't originally appear on any Nintendo consoles (I am aware of that crappy GBA port of Jet Grind Radio).

Nothing against your ideas, really. Hell, Vectorman was one of the games that I played the most when I had my Genesis. The music kicked ass in that game. Same goes for some of the music in JSRF.

The only way I'd see any third-party characters appear in SSBB is if they made their first appearance on a Nintendo console. Or if the developer of that third-party game asks the developers of SSBB to add their character in their game, which was what Kojima did IIRC.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 09:29 PM #11 of 1323
It wasn't something I made up. i could have sworn someone here said that the developers asking for third party characters want characters who have appeared on Nintendo consoles. Besides, I never said that was an official rule. Where'd you get that idea from? People are saying Dante or Jak and Daxter or Ratchet would have basically a snowball's chance in hell in making an appearance in SSBB.

But like you said:

Quote:
It's pretty moot right now anyways, because the only non-nintendo character we know is in the game is Snake. However, this is symbolic of them opening the doors to all kinds of possible contributions from other companies; if they let in ONE non-nintendo character, surely other non-nintendo characters will follow, right?
We'll have to wait and see what kinds of suprises are in store for us, eh?

BTW, I am already aware of the fact that Solid Snake made his first appearance on the MSX and not the NES/Famicom, so no need to point that out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 01:45 PM #12 of 1323
I hope to hell that if Megaman does make an appearance in SSBB, they better not put in the .EXE version of Megaman.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:50 PM #13 of 1323
I don't like the idea of team-attacks, especially if it's character specific team-attacks. Not everyone's going to be pairing up Kirby and Meta-Knight on the same team or Mario and Luigi, etc. I could kinda see it the Single Player campaign, but multiplayer? How exactly would it work? Would both players press a button combo at the same time? Seems too complicated if you ask me.

I don't see why Bowser Jr. is in it. I can only see him as a faster, weaker version of Bowser. If he's in their why don't we just add in Donkey Kong Jr. into the mix while we're at it.

Just a quick question, is Bowser Jr. the main bad guy from the Yoshi's Island game?

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 09:48 AM #14 of 1323
Originally Posted by elevator
check out this new ingame video !

Seems like they decided to make a few minor changes in the gameplay..
Oh yeah.... that movie... That's kinda old. It's been posted here before. Very bizarre, especially Pikachu and Kirby.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 05:47 PM #15 of 1323
Well, he's gonna be busy developing the game and when something of interest (newsworthy) comes up, he'll go and post it up on the site. Nothing to really elaborate here. That's pretty straight-forward if you ask me.

You guys think there's a chance we'll see a trailer or even a playable demo of this game at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show?

FELIPE NO
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:26 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 07:26 PM #16 of 1323
I can't really see a King-of-The-Hill type gamemode working properly in a 2D gameplay setting. Let's just take one of the current levels from SSBM, like Termina Bay. Would the "capture point" be randomly spawned or will it always be on that one platform with the house on top? You get what I mean, right?

As far as items go, I hope they add in some new items like maybe a Wii-mote that you can use it as nunchuks . Maybe some Rations or even a Cardboard Box from MGS? Or if we get to see Megaman or Megaman X, we can use an E-Tank (Basically acts like the Max Tomato or Heart Container) or even a Sub-Tank, except with the Sub-Tank, it could give back random number of health when you pick it up? So it could either help you alot by recovering all of your health back or barely help you at all by giving only 2 or 3 points of health back?

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 10:05 PM #17 of 1323
Ooh, ok, I get it now. I was thinking Perfect Dark. :doh:

This sounds alot like this game mode in Skulltag called Terminator.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:49 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 12:49 AM #18 of 1323
It's unfortunate Snake can't use any real-life guns. I always figured they could make a "super-deformed", "cutesy" version of the Beretta M9 or SOCOM or USP or something. I dunno, make it look more like a sci-fi blaster than a real gun. Or maybe shoot "bullets" a la Metal Slug, that is, it shoots out "bullet-like projectiles" like the ones you see in the Metal Slug games. You get what I mean, right?

I'll try and whip up a super quick and sketchy animation to demonstrate my idea later unless if it isn't necessary...

Well, so far the only things I can imagine Snake doing are CQC attacks, his Punch - Punch - Kick combo, use Stinger Missle Launcher or a Grenade Launcher, lay down a Claymore mine, and summon some kind of Metal Gear as the super attack.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 01:21 PM #19 of 1323
With the Stinger Missle Launcher he pulls out from thin air, of course! :biggrin:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 07:49 PM #20 of 1323
I'm sure when the Tokyo Game Show comes around, we'll get loads of new information on new characters, items, stages and whatnot, and hopefully even a new trailer complete with gameplay video! :biggrin:

How ya doing, buddy?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:36 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 08:36 PM #21 of 1323
Originally Posted by Rayne
When is that 'cause right now I can't sleep.

I'm hoping for some super moves too. Recently I was looking at some SSBM videos and it looked really boring.
Then I saw some Marvel Vs. Capcom vids and i said... " That would look really cool on SSBB" Mario's special move could be... Throwing a rapid series of fireballs, And Link's could be..... Wait! Link WAS doing some kinda Freaky Omnislash move. Kirby DID have that Pot.

WILL THERE BE SPECIAL MOVES?!?!?!
I think the Tokyo Game Show will be in late August or early September... Or maybe it's late September or something, I dunno. It's around those two months IIRC...

As for Special Moves, it would be cool to see it implemented into this game. But how exactly will it be implemented? If one character uses the Special Move, would all the opponents on-screen be frozen? Or would that only affect oppenents that are closest to the person doing the Special Move?

Hmm... :sneaky:

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 02:45 PM #22 of 1323
What kind of levels would you like to see in SSBB?

Personally, I'd really like to see the Highway/Intro stage from MMX! Maybe have random cars drive by that you need to dodge or maybe have that one ship you encounter at the end of that level fly by and drop items randomly. Or how about in certain areas of the stage, if you do too much damage on it (either with your own attacks or with some items) part of the highway falls apart and you'd fall in the hole. Of course, the only chance of seeing this level being made is if we get a Megaman related character into the game first.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 01:36 PM #23 of 1323
Originally Posted by Luxo
I think it would be more along the lines of a supercharged special move. When you get the icon and press B with, say, Mario, huge fireballs appear. If you press down + B, Mario spins and creates a tornado. I don't know, this kind of thing could add a lot of awesomeness to the game.
Hey, that's actually a really cool idea! So basically, when you get the icon for the special move, all the B button moves that you'd normally be able to use are replaced with special, charged up versions of those attacks? Damn, why didn't I think of that before!

Genious idea!

FELIPE NO
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 04:15 PM #24 of 1323
No, you're thinking of Rayden. Raiden is the blond protagonist from Metal Gear Solid 2.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 05:50 PM #25 of 1323
I'd consider Megaman and Megaman X being possible candidates for the roster. At least they aren't as outlandish or as bad as some of the other characters other people suggested.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl